Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

NRVNQSR posted:

Temperance requires you to see a scene at the school to progress it (I think between levels 9 and 10?), and there are some points in the plot where that's not possible. I'm not sure what would prevent that in December, though, other than exams?

You're playing dead for most of the month until the election, and then you go back to school right at exams. I don't think you have any playable school days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You're playing dead for most of the month until the election, and then you go back to school right at exams. I don't think you have any playable school days.

Oh of course, for some reason I thought that you went back to school as soon as you beat the palace, but in retrospect that obviously doesn't make sense. So yes, Temperance needs to be finished by late November.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 25, 2017

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I'm kind of confused why people are making GBS threads all over Palace 5 when Palace 3 and its stupid locks are clearly the worst.

I mean, I guess you can cheat the hell out of Palace 3 and look up the answers without having to slog through it, but honestly I didn't think the airlock puzzle was that bad. Your map even updates to let you know what routes are available to you, so you don't have to run and check a single door.

Also, Palace 5's soundtrack was way better than Palace 3's by a long shot. Maybe that's what made it more tolerable.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I liked the bank's music and the lock puzzles were easy.

I didn't really mind any palace but I had an audible groan in the ship's third mouse puzzle.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

NRVNQSR posted:

Oh of course, for some reason I thought that you went back to school as soon as you beat the palace, but in retrospect that obviously doesn't make sense. So yes, Temperance needs to be finished by late November.

Well, she's at 8, I just got the Mementos request, and I'm headed for the boss of palace 6. :v:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I didn't really mind any palace but I had an audible groan in the ship's third mouse puzzle.

To be real, the worst part about Palace 5 is how your party members can't shut up about the treasure being in the next room when it's not in the next room. Not by a long shot.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

NRVNQSR posted:

edit: Do we ever see Haru's swimsuit other than in the DLC? I don't remember her wearing it in Hawaii.

She did.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

If nothing else, she has a scene with it in the 7th palace.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

I must be the only person in the world who was totally fine with the mouse puzzles.

I mean I thought they were reasonably clever and the last couple jaunts through big rooms with wandering enemies while you were a mouse were appropriately nerve-wracking.

If I had one complaint about them it's the same one I have with the later half of Palace 5 - it looks like it's some kind of complex puzzle but it's really not. It's just a puzzle that divides the floor into binary states and you just move forward until you can't anymore, flip the state, and then continue to progress. Maybe twice you can do something clever and backtrack for a chest or something, but even with that it's essentially a well disguised linear corridor with a couple side spots for treasure - i.e., every other dungeon in the game. Still, at least they put more effort into it then just a straight line.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Meiteron posted:

I must be the only person in the world who was totally fine with the mouse puzzles.

I mean I thought they were reasonably clever and the last couple jaunts through big rooms with wandering enemies while you were a mouse were appropriately nerve-wracking.

If I had one complaint about them it's the same one I have with the later half of Palace 5 - it looks like it's some kind of complex puzzle but it's really not. It's just a puzzle that divides the floor into binary states and you just move forward until you can't anymore, flip the state, and then continue to progress. Maybe twice you can do something clever and backtrack for a chest or something, but even with that it's essentially a well disguised linear corridor with a couple side spots for treasure - i.e., every other dungeon in the game. Still, at least they put more effort into it then just a straight line.

I thought the mouse areas were good enough, but I was so short on resources by that time I had trouble dealing with the King Frosts. They were easy to hide from, but I'm impatient.

Matters were made worse in the last area because I think there were three zones there, so anything I killed in one would respawn when I had to backtrack.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man, Palace 7 really owns after you defeat the Five Mailmen of Darkness. The bosses after that just get doper and doper.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Haha, Yusuke getting ultra melodramatic and collapsing in front of his painting during his link is the best

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Meiteron posted:

The real problem with Palace 5 and 7 is that they're just too long - their gimmicks overstay their welcome by a section each. You could remove an entire "floor" from each and it would frankly improve the pacing a great deal, especially since both feature long, narrow hallways where you can't really evade enemies like a good gentleman thief should. Compare with places like the very first palace, where you have big rooms to hide in and you can evade around things at your leisure and feel like a real sneak.

I get that they wanted to have at least some mandatory combat (that isn't just totally scripted) but it makes those two otherwise cool dungeons feel like a real slog.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I love the gallows you guys

I want to replace Salvation and Megidolaon with Victory Cry eventually, but as far as I know that's only on the New Game+ persona?

Praise be to the strength confidant too because I sure as poo poo wouldn't be fusing Alice otherwise.

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 25, 2017

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I thought the rat mazes were cute. But then they did it four times.

It also didn't have Yusuke punning the whole time. Oh gently caress dude, and there were so many "separate area loading screens" for it. You know what? gently caress the rat mazes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hell yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbwljew1UbE

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

ROFL Octopus posted:

I want to replace Salvation and Megidolaon with Victory Cry eventually, but as far as I know that's only on the New Game+ persona?

Victory Cry being on the NG+ persona means by the time you have access to it you won't care. I don't even know if it's inheritable.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/TeamSanshee/status/856920242676572160

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the dancing all night costume DLC is out so if you don't get yusuke's coachella outfit or goro's soundcloud sadboy rapper outfit, you fake as hell

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Someone posted a wallpaper of the Phantom Thieves in their DAN gear, was that official or fanart

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moltrey posted:

the dancing all night costume DLC is out so if you don't get yusuke's coachella outfit or goro's soundcloud sadboy rapper outfit, you fake as hell

All of the Dancing All Night costumes are great, but afrocat might be the best

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I ended up capturing a treasure demon somehow. Is there any reason to hold on to it or should I just fuse it into something? I have the big paper samurai and I can use it to turn him into the big gold demon.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Capsaicin posted:

I ended up capturing a treasure demon somehow. Is there any reason to hold on to it or should I just fuse it into something? I have the big paper samurai and I can use it to turn him into the big gold demon.

Can you give us actual names of the persona you have?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There's no reason not to just fuse everything because you can just resummon anything you want back.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Fuuck, they really are convincing me to do a NG+ right away

Capsaicin posted:

You should fuse it, that is all they are really good for and the abilities you can pass on are good. Once you capture one of each unique name, kill the rest since the money/XP is good and you can just summon more if you need to

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Someone posted a wallpaper of the Phantom Thieves in their DAN gear, was that official or fanart
Fanart!

these are the canon pairings imo

https://twitter.com/mekky_/status/802425139761594368

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

it looks like makoto is trying to eat harus eyebrow, lmbo

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 25, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Morgana wearing clothes in regular cat form is weird.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
What...is Joker....uhh....sitting on

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Scorps posted:

The background.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Capsaicin posted:

so killing treasure demons yields a lot of yen, but you should generally try to capture one of each (they get registered in the compendium and auto recruit if you talk to them)
Fusing them always results in a demon of the same arcana one step above or below
The other thing they're useful for is gallows, because their skillset is always 8 slots of some theme (every element, every buff, every debuff, every dodge passive etc), so it can help proliferate some spells this way
they also become unique accessories but ive never done that so idk if theyre any good

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Scorps posted:

he's not, dude just does not. skip. leg. day.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Roobanguy posted:

it looks like makoto is trying to eat harus eyebrow, lmbo
with the moves haru's putting on, i dont think she's getting a choice in the matter

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

Fuse that poo poo, the only thing it costs is the money it takes to resummon something out of your compendium and the level 10 treasure demon is what, 5k to bring back? That's chump change. Also Shiki-Ouji does have block phys innately so he might also be worth resummoning too in a pinch in the next palace when you start running into Oni that just want to Rampage all over you and your party.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Xarbala posted:

Fuse that poo poo, the only thing it costs is the money it takes to resummon something out of your compendium and the level 10 treasure demon is what, 5k to bring back? That's chump change. Also Shiki-Ouji does have block phys innately so he might also be worth resummoning too in a pinch in the next palace when you start running into Oni that just want to Rampage all over you and your party.

If that was palace 3, I just cleared that one. I'm waiting for the last day of that so far, and just raising as many confidants/skills as possible.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

If that was palace 3, I just cleared that one. I'm waiting for the last day of that so far, and just raising as many confidants/skills as possible.

Oh, right, you'd have to be at that level range to be able to fuse Kin-ki, forgot.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh my loving god I am so pissed that (NG+) the Eternal Lockpick doesn't carry over. Then again, I wonder if it's even worth making lockpicks.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

Pollyanna posted:

Oh my loving god I am so pissed that (NG+) the Eternal Lockpick doesn't carry over. Then again, I wonder if it's even worth making lockpicks.

Just anecdotally I noticed that locked chests often seem to contain equippable items instead of just consumables, I got most of my parties actual gear from locked chests since all the stuff at the airsoft shop seemed too expensive.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't fully understand Makoto's Dancing All Night outfit but everyone else's is great. I think Yusuke's is my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My favourites are probably Ryuji and Futaba, with Ann in third.

It's a bit off how all the males have pretty much the same body type. I mean Yusuke's slimmer than the rest but otherwise there's really not too much variation there.