Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bad look for mio and kana imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

bad look for mio and kana imo

In their defence, NOSAWA is awful.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In their defence, NOSAWA is awful.

bad wrestler, best promoter in japan

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nosawa owns

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Drugs are really hard to score in Japan. Don't go to Japan expecting to do drugs. Maybe painkillers if you find a greedy clinic worker.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Japan really loving hates drugs.

Except booze, they love booze.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Road to Wrestling Dontaku
April 23rd at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

1. Hirai Kawato & Tomoyuki Oka vs. Katsuya Kitamura & Shota Umino
2. El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku vs. Will Ospreay & Jado
3. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Yujiro Takahashi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & David Finlay
4. Hirooki Goto, Toru Yano, Rocky Romero & Beretta vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi
5. SANADA, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Ricochet & Yoshitatsu
6. Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Bad Luck Fale, Kenny Omega & Chase Owens
7. Tetsuya Naito & "King of Darkness" EVIL vs. Juice Robinson & Hiroshi Tanahashi

I skipped today's korakuen as I had work today and they looked similar in quality but here's tomorrow's.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/855728504477949952

https://twitter.com/medamayaki888/status/855709356699959296

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's sweet but also please don't wrestle again shibata

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Cardboard Box posted:

that's sweet but also please don't wrestle again shibata

Isn't it highly unlikely he will ever be cleared to wrestle again?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

I didn't sign up for this feels trip.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Lions Gate 5 card 5/9 6 am est

Young Lion Debut: Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Hirai Kawato
Syota Umino vs. El Desperado
Tiger Mask 4 & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Toru Sugiura (FREEDOMS) & Dinosaur Takuma (K-DOJO)
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Daisuke Kanehira (HEAT-UP)
Satoshi Kojima vs. Ayato Yoshida (K-DOJO)
Manabu Nakanishi & Yuji Nagata vs. Katsuya Kitamura & Tomoyuki Oka

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

scary footage of shibata after the okada match. hard to watch so be warned

https://twitter.com/NotBrockJahnke/status/857002354184511489

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jesus, poor guy.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Jesus.

please retire, shibata

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

yea ok posted:

there's one moment of levity in this clip, which is the white nerd in the nordiques shirt who looks very confused

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

holy hell

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He worked himself into a shoot brain injury.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

In lighter news Hiromu continues to be loving amazing

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/856802157172998144

https://twitter.com/mortenvh/status/856932546927616002

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

yea ok posted:

Is it a Japanese thing not to help out a performer who could barely go a few steps without collapsing to the back? Jesus

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roman Reigns posted:

Is it a Japanese thing not to help out a performer who could barely go a few steps without collapsing to the back? Jesus

Generally if they insist on going to the back under their own power, they will let them, otherwise they'll get poo poo on.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Roman Reigns posted:

They (like us at the time) probably just thought he was selling. The footage is horrifying in hindsight.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Roman Reigns posted:

japan MMA has a 12 yr old fighting a 20 year old. go check the b-league thread for more context.

coconono fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 26, 2017

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Thauros posted:

In lighter news Hiromu continues to be loving amazing

I like how Ricochet challenged Hiromu and his response is basically "This is going to be so cool!"

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Apr 26, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

They (like us at the time) probably just thought he was selling. The footage is horrifying in hindsight.

Yeah it becomes really goddamned horrifying as soon as we know he had a sub-dermal hematoma.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fight Network posted:

The latest on Katsuyori Shibata is that he still doesn’t have full feeling on the right side of his body stemming from the skull-on-skull head butt during his match with Kazuchika Okada on April 9th. Shibata is scheduled for another surgery on May 2nd where portions of his skull will be reinserted, which was removed during the initial procedure right after the match.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Damnit :smith:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The worst part of the video was when I noticed his flopping right arm

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Well at least he won't be a vegetable that some people who get subdural hematomas end up becoming.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I hope Shibata recovers and never throws another headbutt again. Whenever I get into a wrestling show it is always through one wrestler, and he was pretty much the guy I got behind when I started watching modern NJ. I was excited to see him getting further up the card, but honestly, it's lucky he never hurt anyone else with those headbutts and a drat shame he did what he did to himself.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

hey this is tomorrow morning. It's def the C show but still the first of the important cards

NJPW "ROAD TO WRESTLING DONTAKU 2017 ~ AKI NO KUNI SENGOKU EMAKI ~",
April 27th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Hiroshima Green Arena Small Arena

1. Jushin Thunder Liger, Hirai Kawato & Tomoyuki Oka vs. Tiger Mask, Katsuya Kitamura & Shota Umino
2. Takashi Iizuka, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku vs. Toru Yano, Will Ospreay & Jado
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & David Finlay vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Chase Owens
4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Beretta
5. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, "King of Darkness" EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI vs. Juice Robinson, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi, Ricochet & Yoshitatsu
6. Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Bad Luck Fale, Kenny Omega & Yujiro Takahashi
7. NEVER Openweight Title: Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Main event could be a pip, could be a beaut.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I know no one will miss him, but Iizuka is off the rest of the tour due to a fractured ankle.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

...Minoru Suzuki finally won a singles title in New Japan and not one post about it since then? drat. That match was great.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why would they do an unprotected chairshot to the head after one of their top guys is possibly gone forever for bleeding inside his skull?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Strong style did not fail Shibata, Shibata failed strong style

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I only started getting back into wrestling in the last 12 months, and Shibata was a big part of it.

It was Hayabusa got me into puroresu in the first place..

It's me, I'm the curse.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah shibata vs ishii got me into njpw and he was always one of my favorites. i was marking the hell out for the shoot wrestling at the start of his match against okada, i love how he works.

i really hope he ends up okay and if it means he can't wrestle again. please be okay shibata :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

poo poo I forgot about Suzuki vs Goto, need to catch up.

Trying to take a positive outlook on the Shibata situation, at least he's still alive and not fully paralyzed :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
At least The Elite are gonna get that sweet Hot Topic money now. I hope I see some teens ironically wearing Bizz Clizz gear

• Locked thread