Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Her parents suddenly die, and she's put in the care of the newly-made Count Olaf? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey Disney, let it go!

Regalingualius posted:

Her parents suddenly die, and she's put in the care of the newly-made Count Olaf? :v:

A Series of Unfrozenate Events

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Pick posted:

Why does a sequel need a ramping up? It should just be them doing sister stuff.

Anna and Elsa sit around talking about their periods for 84 minutes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hedrigall posted:

Anna and Elsa sit around talking about their periods for 84 minutes

/:|

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Elsa, basically a god, accidentally creates an ice creature that she cannot control, and the use of her powers only makes them stronger, and thus she must, with the assistance of Anna, Kristoff, Sven and Olaf, figure out a way to stop this creature without directly using her powers against them.

Pretty generic, but it could feasibly be something like that.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Loki unleashes frost trolls Elsa and Ana team up with Thor.

Elsa kisses girl Surtr

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Frozen 2 is set several decades in the future, the inciting incident is Elsa dying mysteriously and it looks kinda like foul play. The main plot concerns a succession crisis wherein Olaf is crowned king of Arendelle because he's technically Elsa's child kinda, but Anna's firstborn son, Henry, contends that he is the true heir because snow golems aren't eligible for the crown. The twist ending is that Henry is actually Hans's son

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Though she governs as a reformer, Elsa is assassinated at the beginning by opportunistic anarchists. This sets off an immediate succession crisis, which slowly ramps up into an increasingly violent and desperate war as the delicate system of alliances that had kept the region at peace for so many years breaks down and fall apart. Anna and Olaf desperately try and stop the crisis, only to discover that mere individuals can do nothing to halt the tide of industrial war. The film ends with Olaf slowly melting amidst a field of poppies, the thunder of artillery echoing through the air.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Nazis invade whatever the gently caress the kingdom is called and turn the main castle into an SS base. Elsa and Anna spend the rest of the movie Home-Alone-ing the poo poo out of the Nazis

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Regardless of which direction I read this face, the expression is fitting.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Elsa and Anna wake up one morning and they're otters. Floatzen 2 was real.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
the film is just 90 minutes of Anna and Elsa talking directly to the audience, explaining that the words "frozen 2" alone guarantee a billion dollars at the worldwide box office, so Disney put absolutely no work into the actual production.

Halfway through the movie the CG turns off and it's just Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel wearing lovely Halloween costumes of their characters.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Shadow Hog posted:

Elsa and Anna wake up one morning and they're otters. Floatzen 2 was real.

Congrats, you found a way to get me interested in Frozen :)

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

While trying to think of a really dumb Frozen sequel plot for the thread, It occurred to me, why hasn't Disney done a Disney Princess crossover film? Not even like a DTV one.

Amorphous Abode fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 26, 2017

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Elsa's grandmother Mab shows up, with the Summer Queen Titantia hard on her heels. Thus begins Disney's next expanded cinematic universe chronicling the wars of the Fair Folk. There will be a Netflix produced series running concurrently on the Blue Fairy & Fairy Godmother trying to live a peaceful life away from the battlefield despite assassins from both Summer and Winter trying to kill one or both of them.

It is actually going to be about Anna falling in love with a non-evil prince and Elsa coping with the loss of emotional support.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 26, 2017

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

The Silver Snail posted:

While trying to think of a really dumb Frozen sequel plot for the thread, It occurred to me, why hasn't Disney done a Disney Princess crossover film? Not even like a DTV one.
Apparently Disney is very, very particular about when and where to allow crossovers. Kingdom Hearts was deemed a bad place to cross the steams, while the opposite side of the door leading to the dimension of Gozer the Gozerian House of Mouse was considered a good place.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Shadow Hog posted:

Apparently Disney is very, very particular about when and where to allow crossovers. Kingdom Hearts was deemed a bad place to cross the steams, while the opposite side of the door leading to the dimension of Gozer the Gozerian House of Mouse was considered a good place.

To be fair, they absolutely made the right call given how tangled up the KH franchise is.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I'm kind of sad that Pixar is lame now.
In college I went to some seminars on animation, almost everyone there was inspired by Pixar. Not to mention the one they held themselves seeking recruitment.

There's animation going on, sure, but does frozen or moana or anything dreamworks does inspire anyone to want to work in animation?

The chance to animate to good songs from people like Idina Menzel or Lin Manuel Miranda definitely inspire a lot of people to work in animation. Though the people who go into animation school usually do it because they love classic Disney movies and anime. When they get into the industry they're usually stuck working on crappy direct-to-DVD and pre-school TV shows for years, so by the time they actually get a chance to work on a film, even if it's a terrible Dreamworks film, it's still considered incredibly prestigious and an amazing career achievement.

Maybe it's different in Europe or Japan where the range of projects seems to be wider, with more diverse subject matter. Working on a movie like The Smurfs or Boss Baby would be a dream job for most of my TV animation colleagues in North America though.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Shadow Hog posted:

I guess the issue is that, if it's meaningless fluff then it's okay. If it's an emotional story with stakes then it's a non starter. I imagine they would very much like to stay away from canonizing the Princess's relationships, heirarchy, or personalities outside of their respective film's or the fluff they release under the banner.

Though on the other hand, isn't that Sofia show on Disney Junior about the Princesses working together to teach little girls how to be Princesses?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Regalingualius posted:

To be fair, they absolutely made the right call given how tangled up the KH franchise is.

I kinda would like to get into Kingdom Hearts. If anything could make me enjoy a JRPG it would be the inclusion of Disney characters. However it seems like it's designed to be the most convoluted and impenetrable series ever. Who the gently caress came up with that numbering system?

I'd better play 1.5+ before 2.83 but only once I've played the first five-eighths of E.09 which is the prequel to dy/dx which is a remake of ¥.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Hedrigall posted:

I kinda would like to get into Kingdom Hearts. If anything could make me enjoy a JRPG it would be the inclusion of Disney characters. However it seems like it's designed to be the most convoluted and impenetrable series ever. Who the gently caress came up with that numbering system?

I'd better play 1.5+ before 2.83 but only once I've played the first five-eighths of E.09 which is the prequel to dy/dx which is a remake of ¥.

Tetsuya Nomura, AKA the guy who designed Lulu's belt dress and spent a decade "working" on FF XV until the SE execs finally told him to gently caress off. Kingdom Hearts is basically his baby, for better or worse.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nomura didn't even know he was directing the FF7 remake until the announcement trailer came out, presumably so Square could at least get a bit of work done.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Shadow Hog posted:

Wait, that's why each Disney movie takes place in its own world/level and they never interact aaaaaaah.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

You should play Persona 5. You get to play as a group of teens who go into an concurrent dimension as cat burglars (one of them, literally) and steal the hearts of bad people in order to make them confess their crimes.It's extremely anime.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I would kinda like a Frozen / Ice Age crossover. Syd & Olaf could be a thing.

Scratch would become king of the trolls in some hilarious accident.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hedrigall posted:

It's simple

First you buy the first two compilations, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix then you play everything in the following order.

Kingdom Hearts FINAL MIX (this is the first one)
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (This is a REmake of the bridge between 1 and 2 as a GBA game and important)

You will have more stuff on the first compilation but put that away right now and play

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (This is the third one)

Then put the first compilation back in and watch

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Nintendo 3DS prequel to RE: Chain of Memories game but should not be played before it. But don't worry, Square Enix will go easy on you because the game has been turned into a semi interactive cut scene. Enjoy 3 of 3DS text boxes. )

Then run the second compilation and play the remaining games

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (This is a prequel to the first game and also the fifth game in the series, lilo and stich are in it)
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (This is a cellphone game and is also semi interactive cutscene mode. Wikipedia says they added two hours more content than the original release)

I have not been able to find the remaining .3 of the compilation so if anyone can tell me where thank you.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Kingdom Hearts FW: FW: FW: FW: RE: F r e e c1ali5!!! earn doll4r$$$$ now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Additionally, 2.8 has a remaster of Dream Drop Distance, a 3DS game that has the people from The World Ends With You, a cutscene thing relating to the cell phone game, chi (which is probably the least important thing in the series, completely worldbuilding lore), and a side story of Birth By Sleep.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Alternatively don't play Kingdom Hearts.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, Kingdom Hearts is bad and it's always been bad, we just didn't notice because we were like 13 and Kingdom Hearts is the most 13 year old thing ever.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
double alternatively watch FutureFriend's Kingdom Hearts let's play

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

double alternatively watch FutureFriend's Kingdom Hearts let's play

Link please

Save me from an awful fate

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Hedrigall posted:

Link please

Save me from an awful fate

here for the first game and here for the remake of the GBA spinoff

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Thanks!

Some news, Timin and Pumbaa have been cast for the remake:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lion-king-cast-seth-rogen-billy-eichner-talks-voice-timon-pumba-997310

Mehhhhhh. It should have been Key & Peele.

E: actually Eichner's pretty good, I liked his character in Parks & Rec

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 26, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please do not play Kingdom Hearts, they are bad games and do not deliver on the premise of infinite Disney Crossover Fandom. Instead, just like, go on a chocoalte binge, put Cinderella 2 on infinite loop in the background, and write the most indulgent Disney fanfic you can muster before you pass out from a sugar crash and you'll probably have a better and more coherent time.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Barudak posted:

Please do not play Kingdom Hearts, they are bad games and do not deliver on the premise of infinite Disney Crossover Fandom. Instead, just like, go on a chocoalte binge, put Cinderella 2 on infinite loop in the background, and write the most indulgent Disney fanfic you can muster before you pass out from a sugar crash and you'll probably have a better and more coherent time.

But I do that nightly anyway :confused:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Elsa joins the X-men and with the help of Beast and Wolverine takes down Magnetos brotherhood of mutants and saves the kingdom of Arendelle

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Nomura didn't even know he was directing the FF7 remake until the announcement trailer came out, presumably so Square could at least get a bit of work done.

One day, Nomura walked into the office and told everyone he was going to make FFXV a musical.

This was a few years into development.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

For what it's worth, I genuinely enjoyed Kingdom Hearts and KH2, despite the cheesiness here and there and the plot for the non-Disney characters completely flying off the handle in the sequel. They're kinda shallow, from what I recall, but fun.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

First you buy the first two compilations...
Or, if you have a PS4, you just buy one compilation (1.5+2.5 ReMIX). Barring Dream Drop Distance (which was held back for 2.8), everything's all on the same disc. (And at 60FPS!)

Detective No. 27 posted:

You should play Persona 5. You get to play as a group of teens who go into an concurrent dimension as cat burglars (one of them, literally) and steal the hearts of bad people in order to make them confess their crimes.It's extremely anime.
That's not how you sell Persona 5 to Hedrigall. Let me show you how it's done.

You should play Persona 5. It has an anthropomorphic cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I want to go to there