Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I don't like cats and the fact they loving stink is a big reason

I'm going to fight you now, it's inevitable :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

We got the cat one of those closed off litter boxes with a little door and we were trying to get him used to it before we replaced his old one so we opened the little door for him to hop inside but he couldn't figure out how to get out. So he was just sitting in there looking at us through the door flap for like fifteen minutes. We were very high and it was the funniest thing that he's ever done

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
ArbitraryC et al sorry for being super loving autistic itt yesterday

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Tiny Deer posted:

Some people smell more sensitive to the smell of cats than others.

Maybe that's what's going on so nobody is 'right' or 'wrong'.

People who live with the boxes of poo poo and piss in their kitchens are wrong about there being "no smell"; they're just used to it.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

I think my reaction would be "you caused me to lose my job and suffer ungodly amounts of pain because you think you know more than a team of doctors. The years without you idiots in my life have been the best of my life, gently caress you, die alone and miserable."

the kind of loving, just-concerned-about-your-health-dear mom whose immediate reaction to seeing her daughter with her hand in a garbage disposal is to turn it on.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Agreed. My wife never grew up owning cats (or indoor pets for that matter) and can definitely smell the presence of a cat in a house even if the owners are fastidious about keeping the litter box clean.

And don't get me started on ferrets :barf:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tiny Deer posted:

Some people smell more sensitive to the smell of cats than others.

Maybe that's what's going on so nobody is 'right' or 'wrong'.

But if there is no right or wrong how am I supposed to feel morally superior?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

purple death ray posted:

I don't know why I would let anybody who isn't down with cats and weed in my apartment tbh

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
A good way to alleviate cat-smell, in addition to poo-cleaning, is to occasionally vacuum. Perhaps even use Pledge to clean your hard surfaces. Revolutionary, I know

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Who What Now posted:

But if there is no right or wrong how am I supposed to feel morally superior?

I guess you'll just have to accept that some people tolerate different things than you do because they have different values and tastes?

No I'm kidding people who don't like cats are probably that way because their parents didn't tip

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

OK great now we've got all that established, get this: box wine is exactly as trashy as Coors Light, and drinking it alone in your house is a stereotype of miserable failure for a reason :twisted:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Yawgmoth posted:

I think my reaction would be "you caused me to lose my job and suffer ungodly amounts of pain because you think you know more than a team of doctors. The years without you idiots in my life have been the best of my life, gently caress you, die alone and miserable."

Sounds about right. Someone tossed my psych drugs down the garbage disposal, I'd freak too, and I'm not even restricted from just getting them replaced.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

OK great now we've got all that established, get this: box wine is exactly as trashy as Coors Light, and drinking it alone in your house is a stereotype of miserable failure for a reason :twisted:

What type of alcohol can I drink alone at home without being a "miserable failure" then, geez

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sit on my Facebook posted:

What type of alcohol can I drink alone at home without being a "miserable failure" then, geez

sterno

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

It means that you haven't found the good wine at the dollar store yet

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

You don't "like reading" if all you read are YA novels and paperback romances!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

sit on my Facebook posted:

Listerine.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You don't "like reading" if all you read are YA novels and paperback romances!

Actually you do? You just like readong specific genres.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Pick posted:

I went on a date with a guy and offered to go splitsies but he whined because I'd also ordered "a drink".

I was wearing a YSL jacket so maybe he could have coughed up $1.50 for a potential investment opportunity but w/e

aren't YSL jackets (assuming it was a real one) like THOUSANDS of dollars

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

fruit on the bottom posted:

This is not the first time you've told this story

Yeah, but that was last thread or like a thousand pages ago.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

purple death ray posted:

I don't know why I would let anybody who isn't down with cats and weed in my apartment tbh

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

purple death ray posted:

ftf everyone

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Captain Yossarian posted:

I'm going to fight you now, it's inevitable :eyepop:

:angel:

They aren't the worst, I had cats as a kid and loved them but now I'm just not really all that interested. I do however have a dog with the personality of a cat

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

They're pretty steep new, yeah, but there are good consignment deals to be had if you know where to look. (I assume. YSL isn't my thing; I'm more of a McQueen gal)

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

54 40 or gently caress posted:

:angel:
I do however have a dog with the personality of a cat

The perfect pet: the loyalty of the cat with the cleanliness of the dog.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I got an $1800 suit for $35 a few days ago, thrift stores are amazing.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

How is that bitter virgin younger than me?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I love that anime!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

spite house posted:

They're pretty steep new, yeah, but there are good consignment deals to be had if you know where to look. (I assume. YSL isn't my thing; I'm more of a McQueen gal)

sometimes if im feeling like spoiling myself i buy a good pair of shorts from GAP™ so i know what you mean

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

My [34 F] parents [60s M/F] want back in my life after kicking me out due to a drug habit that resulted from a medical condition.

Amongst the horrible pointless derails, this has been lost. I was 100% on board with this guy, until he casually drops the bombshell in his closing remarks. He's still taking pain meds fifteen years later. Your parents are assholes, but holy poo poo admit that that poo poo needs to end.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Serephina posted:

Amongst the horrible pointless derails, this has been lost. I was 100% on board with this guy, until he casually drops the bombshell in his closing remarks. He's still taking pain meds fifteen years later. Your parents are assholes, but holy poo poo admit that that poo poo needs to end.

Well, my mom took them for about that long for a spinal injury until she got a spinal cord stimulator that helped block the pain way better.

Did you miss the part where they were in a car accident and it took them a year to learn how to walk again?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Thumbtacks posted:

Yes.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

he went full dennis from always sunny

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What the gently caress is a YSL jacket?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yves St Laurent you pleb

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"You Suck Labia"?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Who What Now posted:

What the gently caress is a YSL jacket?

Yves Saint Laurent

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Yves Saint Lauren

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Serephina posted:

Not necessarily in the case of permanent chronic pain. My dad has a ruined spine and has been taking them for at least ten years. The pain will never cease so the doctors are fine with giving him oxycontin. He takes as little as possible and does whatever else he can to alleviate the pain, but the pills make the difference between a happy life and a miserable hell.

I took care of him when he first had the problems and he was suicidal and bedridden, now he rides bikes with his wife in Paris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I'm late to the cats talk but my sister had 5 loving cats that magically shared a gigantic, deep litter box in a curtained off closet in the house. At least over 75 lbs of litter in there. And it wasn't cleaned all that regularly.

Instead of making GBS threads and pissing everywhere they waged warfare with piles of semi-digested cat puke. Lots and lots of cat puke. My sister just left it because their food was expensive and she reasoned, "they'll just eat it again after a while."