Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

howe_sam posted:

And Barry got himself stuck in the future :doh:

He might've skull-hosed it a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

You'd think Cisco would be more pumped about having robot hands.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

You'd think Cisco would be more pumped about having robot hands.

Almost a literal monkey paw wish.

Also, I am digging this episode for whatever reason.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I don't get why Barry is doing this when he could just go back in time and prevent this bad end from happening, but I guess there's still 15 minutes left in the episode.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

lotus circle posted:

I don't get why Barry is doing this when he could just go back in time and prevent this bad end from happening, but I guess there's still 15 minutes left in the episode.

Because the never ending "but will she go evil?" drama of Kaitlin/Killer Frost isn't enough and now we need future "omg the team fell apart!" drama that could be stopped by just loving going back in time instead.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I just want Barry to act like a big goddamn hero, so this episode gets me.

e: Although Barry remains a goddamn idiot for just charging at Top.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 26, 2017

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Really, Barry? You fell for the same trick again?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
That helmet is far too big for you future flash.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I like the brighter red of FutureBarry's suit.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Is FutureBarry TALLER than PresentBarry?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
You know, with Cisco's ability to travel to other words, couldn't they just park Iris in another dimension for awhile.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Mooseontheloose posted:

You know, with Cisco's ability to travel to other words, couldn't they just park Iris in another dimension for awhile.

That's crazy talk.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Barry better tell Cisco Caitlin froze his hands off

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh gently caress off, just tell us who Savitar is

Oh...that's next week.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
It is amazing how similar Season 1, 2, and 3 are the same and yet they couldn't figure out how to build the mystery for season 2. Like, I am genuinely curious about Savitar's identity this time around.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm guessing Savitar is the first Firestrom, since Caitlin and him were in love, right? I don't know anyone else she would turn around on so quickly, other than Jay. But he was a made up persona of Zoom.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 26, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

SgtSteel91 posted:

I'm guessing Savitar is the first Firestrom, since Caitlin and him were in love, right? I don't know anyone else she would turn around on so quickly, other than Jay. But he was a made up persona of Zoom.

Ronnie was my first guess at who could cause that sort of immediate reaction in her, yeah. He got sucked into the timestorm at the end of season 1, didn't he?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Zebulon posted:

Ronnie was my first guess at who could cause that sort of immediate reaction in her, yeah. He got sucked into the timestorm at the end of season 1, didn't he?

It was a black hole, but yeah.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Emo Barry was loving hilarious. That haircut :emo:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Emo Barry was loving hilarious. That haircut :emo:
I think even funnier than the haircut was how Grant kept purposefully pitching his voice lower when he played future Barry. Either he's trying to convey Barry's depression, or that he's now in his late 20s/early 30s. Either way any lower and he would be doing a Nolan Bat impression.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why couldn't present Barry tell future Cisco about the future? It was the past to Cisco, so he wouldn't actually be able to do anything about it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Imagine if, after a month long break, they'd come back with a fun, enjoyable episode. Instead of a miserable slog where everything sucks

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Guy Goodbody posted:

Imagine if, after a month long break, they'd come back with a fun, enjoyable episode. Instead of a miserable slog where everything sucks

I actually liked Barry getting team flash back together. And Wells was great as always. I do agree with your broader point that serious/sad Barry has been a drag on the whole season though.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Instead of a miserable slog where everything sucks

You mean seasons 2 and 3 of The Flash?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Color me genuinely curious about Savitar.

I assume it has to be Ronnie.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

No Butt Stuff posted:

it's Killer Frost

OF THE FUTURE

e: oh wait she's not in the speedforce I um uh um ICE DUPLICATE SPEEDFORCE there nailed it :smuggo:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

The suit contains...

...a smaller suit with a man inside.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't have the words to express how much I hate the Killer Frost storyline

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh hey, future Joe didn't need a hat to hide his hairline.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Let's put off actually getting the team together for as long as possible, by not even talking about bringing HR in until the very end because he's too busy directing the episode. Well played.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also Wig-Barry reminded Fuckup-Barry that Time Remnants are a thing, going back to my Iris Remnant theory.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Also, I do not get the two Barry's logic at the end. Why not just stop at the scientist's place in the future since she's got everything already worked out? Clearly the obvious answer is too boring.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

"Barry, I couldn't get the team together because Killer Frost froze my hands right the gently caress off"

"Yea but like, what about the other people?"

Rude as gently caress Barry.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Really enjoyed the Ep actually.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
This is ridiculous. Everyone in the future is apparently in a 24/7 state of doing nothing but mourning Iris's death from 7 years ago. It's not like Barry traveled there on the anniversary of Iris's death or any other occasion when FutureBarry and FutureJoe would be especially reflective and somber about it, seems like it was just a random day, which means apparently in 2024 those guys do absolutely nothing other than sadly mope around abandoned places and think about what they've lost. I mean I know that the pain of losing a close loved one never goes away inside but at some point when its nearly a decade later you gotta at least put on a brave face and do other things like eat breakfast and go to work and poo poo.

Also they apparently completely forgot about the fact that HR needs to disguise his face in public. I don't think 10 years is enough time for people to forget that he looks exactly like the world's most notorious mad scientist/serial killer.

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 26, 2017

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bbf2 posted:

Also they apparently completely forgot about the fact that HR needs to disguise his face in public. I don't think 10 years is enough time for people to forget that he looks exactly like the world's most notorious mad scientist/serial killer.

Remember the time Patty shot Harry from Earth 2 when she mistook him for Thawne!Wells and Joe was all like, "I'll explain everything, but I need you to leave and let me deal with this, Patty"?

Because the show never did. :v:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't have the words to express how much I hate the Killer Frost storyline

It is pretty dumb that 'oh i have frost power RAWR MUST BE EVIL!!!!!111'

Also was that the wig Amell wears in the flashback segments? :lol:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

bbf2 posted:

he looks exactly like the world's most notorious serial killer.

Oh, he doesn't look like The Flash at all. Some would say he looks like the reverse.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

bbf2 posted:

Didn't they handwave this a while ago? He has a holographic disguise which he magically adjusted so team flash sees his real face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:flashfap:"Hello Future Me, I need to know anything you can tell me to save our Wife."
:smith:"......No. It's impossible. She's dead."
:flashfap:"Really though, I'm sure you know tons of things. You captured him after the fact. Where did caitlin appear and when?
:smith: "It's impossible. She dies."
:flashfap: "Bro, help me out here, obviously things can change if I'm here now. What about that thing Cisco used to disrupt my speedforce 5 minutes ago?
:smith: "She dies no matter what you do."
:flashfap: "Cure caitlin maybe? She knows his identity. Slap one of those power negation necklace things on her?"
:smith: "She dies. End of Story."
:flashfap: "Okay what did Wally see? Has anyone tried tech or drugs to figure it out?
:smith: "Iris is dead. You can't change that."
:flashfap: "What about Earth 2's advanced technology? Or our advanced technology? We have almost a decade of additional experience and the rest of my life to figure this out."
:smith: "Forget all of that. Heres a thumbdrive that will probably help you catch savitar"
:flashfap: "You had this the whole time? Well this is obviously all I need. I better rush back to the past."
:smith: "Hell yeah. That sounds like a great idea."
:flashfap: "huuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
:smith: "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Our names are Barry Allen, we are the dumbest men alive. When I was young I saw the retarded, now an accident has made us retarded.

We are Hurf Durf

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 26, 2017

• Locked thread