Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't think WB would take kindly to netherrealm asking to put a superhero from another company in their big DC game. This ain't the 90s anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

How about some completely unfounded "leaks"?

Not joking, I explicitly saw Black Manta in some trailer, I don't remember when. He may be a premier skin for Aquaman?

I finally took the drop and preordered the ultimate edition; I'm surprised at how hyped I am for this. Not sure whether I'll main Darkseid or Black Adam (have to see how the former plays), but I hope regardless of what I pick y'all will be patient with how much of a chump I am at this stuff.

Edit: Also who the gently caress wouldn't want Booster Gold, come on. His intro can be him getting punched into the arena by Doomsday.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Spawn keeps coming up as a rumour off the back of all the "Spawn's coming to MKX?!" rumours which in actuality turned out to be "Todd Macfarlane told NRS they could use Spawn if they want and never heard back".

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Manta shows up during a stage transition.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Black Manta is part of the Atlantis level's stage transition. That's where you probably saw him.

That DLC lines up too easily with popular player speculation, it's a list engineered to spread based on hype without looking like an actual NRS DLC list. It's just all the stuff people want to get thrown together with some guys from Ed Boon's Twitter polls.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fadam posted:

Manta shows up during a stage transition.

Welp, that must be it. Ah well.

Has anyone truly given a drat about Spawn in over a decade? Shocking.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Constantine in a fighting game should have exactly two attacks: a weak punch that does no damage and flicking a half-smoked cigarette at somebody. When the fight starts, a timer with a random duration starts ticking down, and the challenge is to KO Constantine before whatever plan he set into motion takes you out.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

How about some completely unfounded "leaks"?

Enchantress and Black Manta are uninteresting to an insane degree. I refuse to believe the list purely because I'm still holding out hope for more interesting characters. Give me Paracyte, Etrigan, Constantine, Plastic Man, poo poo like that. Two Face, what the gently caress would they do with Two Face. At this juncture I just want Starfire and Red Hood to never be in the game purely on spite.

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think WB would take kindly to netherrealm asking to put a superhero from another company in their big DC game. This ain't the 90s anymore.

I've seen so many people and "sources" and poo poo talking about Spawn in this game it has reached almost a Mandela effect in that even I think there's like a 50% chance of it happening.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Spawn keeps coming up as a rumour off the back of all the "Spawn's coming to MKX?!" rumours which in actuality turned out to be "Todd Macfarlane told NRS they could use Spawn if they want and never heard back".

This must be it. That's funny, imagine being told "yeah you can use him" and just never bothering.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 26, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That rear end in a top hat's just desperate for publicity, as usual.

MinibarMatchman posted:

This must be it. That's funny, imagine being told "yeah you can use him" and just never bothering.

If it was anyone but netherrealm I'd say it's a 0% chance, but considering how much they love confirming bullshit rumors, I guess it's more like 5%. Like I said it'd probably be a hard sell to WB to let some other rear end in a top hat who people don't care about anymore piggyback off their property's showcase game.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spawn will not be in this game

The guest star is Hellboy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

That post actually said both of them so lol. The most far fetched thing is Apollo and Midnighter as DLC premier skins like, who the gently caress wants them/know who they are?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Didn't MacFarlane lose his poo poo over Angela getting appropriated into the general Marvel universe while Spawn got left in the dirt because of Neil Gaimen's ownership rights over the former or something? Could be garbage, I honestly am not invested enough in anything Spawn to really know better.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

That post actually said both of them so lol. The most far fetched thing is Apollo and Midnighter as DLC premier skins like, who the gently caress wants them/know who they are?

I think that might be the dumbest one of all since Midnighter's powers are nothing like Batman's moveset at all.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
We're gonna get Spider Jerusalem and we're gonna like it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah, McFarlane turned into a giant rear end in a top hat about everything creators had contributed to the Spawn Universe, despite Image being ostensibly founded to be free of the exploitation of artists and writers that was omnipresent at the big 2. So Gaiman sued his rear end for cuts of Medieval Spawn's profits and ownership of Angela, as well as reprinting rights for Miracleman. Then he sold her to Marvel as a giant gently caress you. I hear the character's been used pretty well, considering how shoved-in her and her entire mythos are.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 26, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

I think that might be the dumbest one of all since Midnighter's powers are nothing like Batman's moveset at all.

Midnighter got marketed really heavily as "GRITTY ANTIHERO BATMAN WHOOOOOOO" during his New 52 return, mainly because he premiered in Grayson.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

We're gonna get Spider Jerusalem and we're gonna like it.

What's his super going to be? Getting turned down for dates?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

Midnighter got marketed really heavily as "GRITTY ANTIHERO BATMAN WHOOOOOOO" during his New 52 return, mainly because he premiered in Grayson.

No idea he was in Grayson, interesting. Still, he uses like, tonfa and baseball bats, not boomerangs and drone spheres and glide kicks. Maybe if the guyr who wrote the list omitted this premium skin from the list it'd be a little more believable but this would be like putting Wolverine in the game with Batman's moves.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If anything he fights more like nightwing or Robin.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

No idea he was in Grayson, interesting. Still, he uses like, tonfa and baseball bats, not boomerangs and drone spheres and glide kicks. Maybe if the guyr who wrote the list omitted this premium skin from the list it'd be a little more believable but this would be like putting Wolverine in the game with Batman's moves.

His gimmick is that he's kind of like Cassandra Cain in that he got every possible combat scenario EVER computered into his brain so he can near-flawlessly predict people's reactions and fight moves ahead of time so he's like a super martial artist, which is where all the Batman comparisons come from. I never really read it much but my impression is that he's basically Stormwatch's dumb muscle and they only took him because they really wanted Apollo and they were kind of a package deal.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

What's his super going to be? Getting turned down for dates?

we gonna have gorilla grodd poo poo his non existent pants

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So this is kind of random but my favorite character in Injustice's story was probably Green Arrow.

Is he like this in the comics? Maybe I could check out his series.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Neither Spawn nor Hellboy will be in this game.

the real guest star comes from the hit wb show riverdale and it's jughead

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Neither Spawn nor Hellboy will be in this game.

Don't tease me with what will never be.

NikkolasKing posted:

So this is kind of random but my favorite character in Injustice's story was probably Green Arrow.

Is he like this in the comics? Maybe I could check out his series.

Gavok did some really excellent write-ups of each character and their history in the Injustice thread and his blog. You should check it out and see what you think. The short answer is that he's kind of complicated and has had a lot of personality revisions over his history.

Edit: I vaguely recall his New 52 series being an absolute disaster, but I never read it.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 26, 2017

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

bonus DLC pack 4 is gonna be Brother Power (hippie mannequin shot into space by Reagan), Extrano (bitten by aids vampire), Codpiece (DICK GUN) and Dogwelder (welds dogs to people's faces)

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Don't get my hopes up about spider.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Actually they should unironically put DC's Frankenstein into the game.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Actually they should unironically put DC's Frankenstein into the game.

They really loving should. He's a legit awesome character and has had some great moments.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

FunkMonkey posted:

Don't tease me with what will never be.

Gavok did some really excellent write-ups of each character and their history in the Injustice thread and his blog. You should check it out and see what you think. The short answer is that he's kind of complicated and has had a lot of personality revisions over his history.

Edit: I vaguely recall his New 52 series being an absolute disaster, but I never read it.

Just read the summary on his blog. Thank you for the recommendation.

Maybe I'll just watch some of Arrow for now. I alread yahve a lot of other comics to try and catch up on.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XhVtdzHjTQ

Example combos from Ketchup and Mustard. loving love grodd restand into command jump, into either combo or high/low reset possibilities.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao at that grodd air guitar

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

NikkolasKing posted:

Maybe I'll just watch some of Arrow for now. I alread yahve a lot of other comics to try and catch up on.

The first 16 or so of the New 53 Green Arrow issues are awful but it gets amazing after that when Jeff Lemire takes over. When you get caught up on whatever you're reading I strongly suggest you check it out

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Man they really reused a lot of the basic Lobo moves for Scarecrow, didn't they. Not that I mind. Well, I mind a little because even though Lobo wasn't that fun to play as, I just liked having him around.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 26, 2017

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

The first 16 or so of the New 53 Green Arrow issues are awful but it gets amazing after that when Jeff Lemire takes over. When you get caught up on whatever you're reading I strongly suggest you check it out

Thank you for the info. Right now I'm reading a lot of classics I should have read forever ago, like Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come.

After that I figured I'd try to start following various Batfamily ongoings and hadn't considered picking up any other series. Is Green Arrow's current comic any good?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

NikkolasKing posted:

I would suggest not watching Arrow as he is completely devoid of any human joy or mirth in that show. The worst form of green arrow.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

can't wait to find out that Joker killed Jason Blossom, who came back for vengeance as the antihero known only as Red Hood

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I don't want Archie guest characters but I would buy all premire skins immeditaly

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Footage of the Metaverse mode is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVSjqyCvXP8

Warning, guy playing is loving bad at the game

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

I would suggest not watching Arrow as he is completely devoid of any human joy or mirth in that show. The worst form of green arrow.

Completely agree, Arrow is like the most maudlin daytime soap without an iota of self awareness. It's a hard watch even for ironic enjoyment and you shouldn't use it as a metric for the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Doesn't the guy on Arrow not even have a goatee?

• Locked thread