Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I'll say hi to your uncle who works at Fox when I'm on the studio lot next week.

See, jokes! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I understood the I am cannon post as a joke. Fwiw.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ruddiger posted:

If you're going to do nothing but be a cheerleader to the fuckery then sit your goony rear end down. Xeno's over here posting dumb poo poo like "I am canon" or "fox got the fan community on tap wink wink" then yeah I'm going to make fun of him for it. Quit begging for attention just because you want to stick up for your bf.
"I am canon" was pretty clearly a joke you giant weirdo.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
We are canon.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ravenfood posted:

"I am canon" was pretty clearly a joke you giant weirdo.

it was a riff on an SMG post, care to guess how most of you weirdos reacted to him?

Also how is it a joke when in the very next few posts, he's huffing his own gas?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

ruddiger posted:

If you're going to do nothing but be a cheerleader to the fuckery then sit your goony rear end down. Xeno's over here posting dumb poo poo like "I am canon" or "fox got the fan community on tap wink wink" then yeah I'm going to make fun of him for it. Quit begging for attention just because you want to stick up for your bf.

This is like one of those endless 3D flights through a fractal landscape only the structure is represented by an infinite number of ironicats and there's no escape.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

ruddiger posted:

it was a riff on an SMG post, care to guess how most of you weirdos reacted to him?

Also how is it a joke when in the very next few posts, he's huffing his own gas?

I'm sorry sir, this is an AMC theater and Covenant is sold out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I'm sorry sir, this is an AMC theater and Covenant is sold out.

We can direct you to The Circle. I believe there's plenty of seats left.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ruddiger posted:

I'll say hi to your uncle who works at Fox when I'm on the studio lot next week.

See, jokes! :)

Sweet, we can trade stories. :hfive:

ruddiger posted:

Because you were the one who didn't recognize it was a joke post. I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't been all "come on now, he's a nobody and has no REAL influence on The Canon!"

On the topic of projects that went nowhere, there was going to be a 'Predator' prequel novel that revealed that the Predator you see in the first movie wasn't alone, and that over the course of the movie you're actually watching two Predators hunting each other and Dutch's group. It got quietly canceled, according to the author it never went through the full approval process and the publisher announced it early. I keep meaning to ask the author who pitched the initial idea, if it was Fox, the author, or the publisher.

Fox has had a penchant for studio-mandated plotlines in a bunch of Aliens books lately - Ripley shows up for a wacky adventure between Alien and Aliens in one book, and there's another book that covers the downfall of Hadley's Hope and it shoehorns in a squad of Colonial Marines at the colony.

We did just get an Aliens short story anthology last week, but I haven't had a chance to read much more than the first story (it had a couple neat ideas but was otherwise unremarkable). Apparently there's some stories about Marines doing stuff other than shooting Aliens, which has potential.

We're also getting a Predator anthology, it's basically a bunch of stories about Predators hunting poo poo in different time periods.
And on movie-chat, Shane Black's Predator movie just got delayed another 6 months. Sometimes movie delays like that are an indication of a lack of studio confidence in the production (or demanding reshoots), but I also like Shane Black a lot and I'd like to think he knows what he's doing, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Xenomrph posted:

We're also getting a Predator anthology, it's basically a bunch of stories about Predators hunting poo poo in different time periods.
And on movie-chat,

For a split second I perceived this as a one of the stories in the anthology being about Predators chatting about movies and am disappointed.

ruddiger posted:

So much anger just because Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" is loving awesome and someone likes some comic books.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 26, 2017

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Sweet, we can trade stories. :hfive:

Because you were the one who didn't recognize it was a joke post. I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't been all "come on now, he's a nobody and has no REAL influence on The Canon!"

Thanks for the clarification because I honestly thought you transcended physical form and literally became fan fiction.

Sorry I made fun of your fan clout.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 26, 2017

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nah man it's cool, you're still cool. :)

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015

CelticPredator posted:

Those guys got real salty on the AvPG forums back in the day. Really lost respect for them.

They shoulda known that they were playing with Fire and owned up to it. Barfing baby aliens lmao.

Oh wow, i thought it was a coincidence but I remember your name from those forums from the days I played AVP2.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was my first forum ever. I had to quickly think of a name, and I remember loving that design so much, so yeah. Never changed it for some reason. I guess I wanted a trail of lovely posts to follow me until I die, but whatever. poo poo must flow!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

remember that video of some grandma quietly sitting on a train while some hood rat chick gets up and starts screaming soulja boy lyrics in her face..then someone offscreen says "chill shorty she an old lady" then the hood rat flips out and goes insane and screams even louder at everyone on the train until her weave falls off?

thats the ruddiger / xenomrph relationship

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish I hated Xeno, because then it would've been amusing to see an online AvP match.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

banned from Starbucks posted:

remember that video of some grandma quietly sitting on a train while some hood rat chick gets up and starts screaming soulja boy lyrics in her face..then someone offscreen says "chill shorty she an old lady" then the hood rat flips out and goes insane and screams even louder at everyone on the train until her weave falls off?

thats the ruddiger / xenomrph relationship

actually you are wrong

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CelticPredator posted:

We can direct you to The Circle. I believe there's plenty of seats left.

I can't wait for this movie to be less intense than The Social Network.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I think we should all have a long discussion about clapping in cinemas. Who here has ever clapped in a cinema and then not felt incredibly awkward about 5 minutes later when you realised it was only you and your mate doing so, and he was only half-clapping because he's a true friend and never leaves a bro hanging, even if he's kind of looking away trying to disassociate with you by way of body language?

Is there a cinema haven where clapping does not render you an awkward weirdo in movies that are not Star Wars or a movie like Deadpool where fans overcompensate?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

ruddiger posted:

Why you haf to be mad?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nothing that cant be solved by a duel with Covenants facehugger gun

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Xenomorph is a bad poster, because everything he writes is a thinly-veiled advertisement, but it's like getting upset at Nintendo Power magazine.

Like his posts on the actual movies could be counted on one hand, and amount to basic stuff like "Alien is scary." and "Prometheus isn't naturalistic." And this is after presumably devoting decades of his life to the topic. Things are not going to get any better.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I think we should all have a long discussion about clapping in cinemas. Who here has ever clapped in a cinema and then not felt incredibly awkward about 5 minutes later when you realised it was only you and your mate doing so, and he was only half-clapping because he's a true friend and never leaves a bro hanging, even if he's kind of looking away trying to disassociate with you by way of body language?

Is there a cinema haven where clapping does not render you an awkward weirdo in movies that are not Star Wars or a movie like Deadpool where fans overcompensate?

Yeah, it's called the United States of America.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Lmao @ someone taking "I am canon" seriously. What an absolute idiot.

Anyway, happy Alien Day, everyone! You have my sympathies.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah, it's called the United States of America.

sounds awful :ohdear:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Xenomorph is a bad poster, because everything he writes is a thinly-veiled advertisement, but it's like getting upset at Nintendo Power magazine.

Like his posts on the actual movies could be counted on one hand, and amount to basic stuff like "Alien is scary." and "Prometheus isn't naturalistic." And this is after presumably devoting decades of his life to the topic. Things are not going to get any better.

Right

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

You're not wrong. :ohdear:

About the country, I mean. Clapping and cheering at movies is cool and good.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Lmao @ someone taking "I am canon" seriously. What an absolute idiot.

Anyway, happy Alien Day, everyone! You have my sympathies.
Holy poo poo I totally forgot it's Alien Day today. Like I'm not even kidding, I've just been buried with work and I get the keys to my new house today, Alien Day has been the last thing on my mind.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I watched Prometheus last night(Alien tonight of course), and I love how at the beginning the Lawrence of Arabia quote that David says as they're landing on the moon is basically him saying "you're all gonna die here". He's really loving with them right from the beginning.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm jumping into Aliens this time. I just watched Alien and I'm at a point where I could just watch the 20th Century Fox logo, close my eyes and see the whole thing. So a break from that film would be nice.

Also I'm killin it in these trivia challenges. The only ones I get wrong are non film questions and ones i might misread.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

I'm jumping into Aliens this time. I just watched Alien and I'm at a point where I could just watch the 20th Century Fox logo, close my eyes and see the whole thing. So a break from that film would be nice.

Also I'm killin it in these trivia challenges. The only ones I get wrong are non film questions and ones i might misread.

Ditto, I missed a question about what Sigourney Weaver wore to her 'Alien' audition.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Is this post about actual movies? Definitely not a weird post about another poster not posting about movies.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The real alien is other posters.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It's more like Body Snatchers. As soon as someone pokes the herd, notice how many screeching goons come out of the woodwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwu6JM0l6vQ&t=26s

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Its just lame being a bully when you're past the age of 15.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

It really is. Why's it even worth typing any of that poo poo out on a forum.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Alien was a good movie where a bunch of dudes were just chilling and talking about stuff until a Xenomorph showed up and started being a dick for no reason.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Once the Alien shows up the whole movie gets ruined

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sir this is a wcdonalds drive thru

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Looks like he don't like the cornbread either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

Looks like he don't like the cornbread either