Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
UNIEL's Akatsuki's 22A and 22B have 5f start up and are not fully invincible in startup.

For comparison in the same game, Linne's dp A has 5f start up and can be cancelled into CS or ex fireball, dp B has 6f start up and invincible start up. Vatista's flash kicks have 4f start up.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I personally like Skullgirls and the "every update is free for existing owners" for a few weeks.

Skullgirls and Revelator get a pass because not only is their DLC pool fairly shallow, but they also go on sale often enough. Even more so, Skullgirls is "done" in a sense do you can buy base + 2nd Encore and have a complete package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Wanderer posted:

When I was a young man, dewy-eyed, we would all lose our minds at how great trailers looked.

Now I am an Old, cynical and weary, and everyone's losing their mind at how bad trailers look. Do we not all recall the spectacle of KOFXIV's early trailers? Have we forgotten our lessons so soon?

It'll probably be on the E3 show floor in a few weeks. That's when you use up all your best snark moves. To do so now is to jump the gun.

The graphics are the least of the game's problems so far.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Serenade posted:

UNIEL's Akatsuki's 22A and 22B have 5f start up and are not fully invincible in startup.

For comparison in the same game, Linne's dp A has 5f start up and can be cancelled into CS or ex fireball, dp B has 6f start up and invincible start up. Vatista's flash kicks have 4f start up.

Skullgirls and Revelator get a pass because not only is their DLC pool fairly shallow, but they also go on sale often enough. Even more so, Skullgirls is "done" in a sense do you can buy base + 2nd Encore and have a complete package.

Also any post launch characters are free

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wanderer posted:

When I was a young man, dewy-eyed, we would all lose our minds at how great trailers looked.

Now I am an Old, cynical and weary, and everyone's losing their mind at how bad trailers look. Do we not all recall the spectacle of KOFXIV's early trailers? Have we forgotten our lessons so soon?

It'll probably be on the E3 show floor in a few weeks. That's when you use up all your best snark moves. To do so now is to jump the gun.

we never had a reason to doubt kof14 would launch unfinished though

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

dhamster posted:

more like mvc: finite

may contain peanuts posted:

holy poo poo

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Captain Baal posted:

MvCI looks like poo poo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
capcom making GBS threads the bed? who couldve seen this coming

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

wheres chilldog to go 'don't worry, it'll be fine it's always like this' when apparently there's like 3 more really stupid changes to basic fighting game functions waiting to be revealed

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Fereydun posted:

wheres chilldog to go 'don't worry, it'll be fine it's always like this' when apparently there's like 3 more really stupid changes to basic fighting game functions waiting to be revealed

aw man i wanna hear these

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Where's Chilldog to tell us to chill, dog?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

anime was right posted:

22 for dp is the least worrying thing about this pile of trash

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Fereydun posted:

I'm not saying mvci is gonna be good or bad, I was just hoping after this many rounds through the cycle people wouldn't be tripping over themselves to declare how garbage the game we've seen 30 seconds of footage of is

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm not saying mvci is gonna be good or bad, I was just hoping after this many rounds through the cycle people wouldn't be tripping over themselves to declare how garbage the game we've seen 30 seconds of footage of is

It's three cycles too late for people to hold on to optimism.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

It's three cycles too late for people to hold on to optimism.

I mean, say what you will about SF4 or MvC3's faults (and there are many) but in the end those are now beloved games in the FGC despite the doom-and-gloom prognostications they recieved before (and after) launch

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Come on guys, name *1* bad fighting game that Capcom has made in the last 5 years or so. I think we owe them some leeway with their flawless record

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The stones could be cool but i bet one of them is just way better than the rest

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

I mean, say what you will about SF4 or MvC3's faults (and there are many) but in the end those are now beloved games in the FGC despite the doom-and-gloom prognostications they recieved before (and after) launch

Three cycles too late. SFxT, SFV and now this. Of course there's always gonna be doom and gloom but their last two releases were botches (even if you don't mind the gameplay itself), and although SFV has a healthy scene I don't think it qualifies as beloved by a significant margin of its playerbase. It's more "the game people play and not that bad".

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/NORCALsubtL/status/857019911092060160

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Jmcrofts posted:

they're still bad though

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Look on the bright side, all the people who get disappointed by Infinite will surely move onto the multitude of better alternatives on the market, just like they've done with SF5.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

people would rather play a bad game than a really bad gam,e

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Look on the bright side, all the people who get disappointed by Infinite will surely move onto the multitude of better alternatives on the market, just like they've done with SF5.

6 weeks to Tekken baby

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

When's arcana

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

6 weeks to Tekken baby

That's true but also I was joking, they won't do poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That's true but also I was joking, they won't do poo poo.

Yeah I know. People are gonna buy this because it has Marvel in it. I think it's blatantly exploitative enough that there will be backlash and not do well long term, but considering everything points to this being some super low budget cash grab Capcom execs probably don't care and will make money anyway.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I would have assumed it was f2p game but they're selling a $200 collectors edition?

In Training posted:

Yeah I know. People are gonna buy this because it has Marvel in it. I think it's blatantly exploitative enough that there will be backlash and not do well long term, but considering everything points to this being some super low budget cash grab Capcom execs probably don't care and will make money anyway.

The part that stumps me is, didn't Marvel make a big deal about recommitting to quality games with the Insomniac Spiderman game and so on? Are they not paying attention or do they trust Capcom to somehow clutch out a good game this close to launch just because they're Capcom?

Tekken will do okay, those games are always slow-burners. Injustice will sell a zillion copies irrespective of what happens with any other game. (They're still being very tight-lipped about the monetisation surrounding all the loot bullshit, I wonder how that'll play out.)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 26, 2017

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Here's a stick question: I think the down microswitch on my stick is actually damaged and needs to be replaced. I heard Seimitsu sticks have a stiffer throw and I'm playing lots of anime games so I'd like to give that a try- is replacing a Sanwa stick with a Seimitsu a solderless replacement, or something that is easily done without drilling any new mounting holes? What kind of work am I looking at replacing the stick component, or would it be easier to just get another microswitch ring and put that in my Sanwa?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Reiley posted:

Here's a stick question: I think the down microswitch on my stick is actually damaged and needs to be replaced. I heard Seimitsu sticks have a stiffer throw and I'm playing lots of anime games so I'd like to give that a try- is replacing a Sanwa stick with a Seimitsu a solderless replacement, or something that is easily done without drilling any new mounting holes? What kind of work am I looking at replacing the stick component, or would it be easier to just get another microswitch ring and put that in my Sanwa?

Depends on your stick, but generally the only thing you need to pay attention to is what kind of mounting plate you need. I picked up a ls-32 off goon recomendations and I like i much better than the stock JLF on my Qanba Q4.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Arzachel posted:

Depends on your stick, but generally the only thing you need to pay attention to is what kind of mounting plate you need. I picked up a ls-32 off goon recomendations and I like i much better than the stock JLF on my Qanba Q4.

I have a Q4 as well so that sounds like its exactly what I need, thank you!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
The Q4 doesn't need any of the mounting plates but the mounting holes are on the other side so you have to pull the faceplate.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
ls-32 is a really nice lever imo. I have one, and one of the people at my locals liked the feel of it so much he's thinking of modding it into his own stick. It's only $20 to boot.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Reiley posted:

its easy to replace but if you're looking for a stiffer throw then just buy a new switch and get a new spring. It'd cost you 1/10th of that.

https://www.focusattack.com/4lb-tension-spring-for-sanwa-jlf/

i use the 4lb one in all my sticks and everything else feels way too floppy now

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jmcrofts posted:

A lot of old school players are bummed about t7 though

https://twitter.com/TKJDCR/status/855025354590740481

not on SA though because no one on SA actually plays tekken other than brosnan

E: to give an actual effort response, I definitely think day 1 paid dlc characters is a lovely thing for players (though sadly pretty expected in tyool 2017) but I don't really see how anyone could look at the 30 seconds of gameplay we've seen and think that's enough to decide whether mvci looks like better or worse than 3. MvC3 ended up being an extremely different game from what people saw and experienced pre-release anyway.

I play Tekken, and I played Tekken 7 at hypespotting the other week.

It's loving fantastic, and I've been playing Tekken games since the first one. The folks travelled with me, who previously had no interest in Tekken, spent the whole weekend camped out playing it over anything else, game has real promise.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Spuckuk posted:

I play Tekken, and I played Tekken 7 at hypespotting the other week.

It's loving fantastic, and I've been playing Tekken games since the first one. The folks travelled with me, who previously had no interest in Tekken, spent the whole weekend camped out playing it over anything else, game has real promise.

Wait are you Spuck the dude I played in Guilty Gear and was in my pool last year? Ello m8

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

MvC: Infinite Gameplay Trailer https://vid.me/EV6z

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

teagone posted:

MvC: Infinite Gameplay Trailer https://vid.me/EV6z

bless you

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Here's another mirror in case that gets taken down https://streamable.com/7ib6x

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I have the marvel preorder page open on my computer so that whenever i close what i am doing i can get a good laugh at a $90, 14 character at launch marvel game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Easy Hyper Combo!

does look like 6-button though, these characters have more normals than marvel 3 for sure

Also looks like skullgirls-style OTGs, I saw hulk OTG with a cr.lk more than once