Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

It's OK thread, I've been saving up a bunch of sadtrobone moments. I'm here to save the thread from the mental image of Ben jiggling about in nothing but some undies that are being stretched to impossible dimensions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktNlxiTir6I&t=743s

See? Nice lovely UE photorealism to make fun of idiots who think CE is the right choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Also, for some reason, I'm getting reports of a postal worker wandering around aimlessly with an emotionally dead expression, and for some strange reason, every piece of sound equipment he passes suddenly starts to play this music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVIRcnlRKF8

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kosumo posted:

Sandi would love jail.

She always likes wearing those fake tattoo, she could get some real ones. Also being she is a master at MMA, she would quickly rise to the top of the pecking order. With her Hollywood level acting skills she could easily manipulate the guards to get contraband.
She would be the Queen in no time.

Also Derek, afew weeks ago on the ATV (that was late because. of you!) Javilen ep. She did have a very large Wedding ring on (which was strange cos she often does not).

So, Derek is Dredd and Sandi is Mama. Who does MoMA play? That might get confusing.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Brownhat posted:

People still using "SJW" unironically in 2017. Amazing.

Well it is a pretty devastating burn. Almost as bad as being called an adult fucker by fuzzy modem.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

So, Derek is Dredd and Sandi is Mama. Who does MoMA play? That might get confusing.

Fergie. Specifically, the Rob Schnieder version.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

MoMA is the weedy hacker dude who has to manipulate outside communications to keep the authorities from cottoning on to what's happening inside CIGtrees, otherwise he'll get his throat cut by the psychotic bitch that runs the show.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gradis posted:

facts are good. Star Citizen is crap.

And here we see examples of RealFacts™, as opposed to the GoodFacts™ with which CIG built that schedule of theirs.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Xaerael posted:

Fergie. Specifically, the Rob Schnieder version.

Oh come on, I know it's MoMA, but there's got to be some measure of decency and restraint in how we behave towards each other even in the doxxing thread.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Roflan posted:

/triggered

That explanation of why AI would farm humans ruined the Matrix for me. You could get more energy, far more easily, from an infinite number of non-volatile chemical reactions than could be gotten from the waste heat given off by an animal. The really infuriating thing is that it could've been fixed incredibly easily by claiming the AI were farming the human brain's processing power instead.

/meltdown

Not to mention if body heat was all they were interested in they would do much better building a Mootrix.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I am. The dox!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

They're already in the game, unless she's saying that the Vanduul that have been in the ships since AC released in 2014 were placeholder models all this time.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sunswipe posted:

What a lovely day. I'll fire up the computer and browse a few websites to get caught up on what's going on in the wor-
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/857080299993223172

:allbuttons:

Normally to be a dad the package is already in the underwear.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Ship sale has gone well

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

no_recall posted:

Thanks for ruining my day.

Think about the person that delivered it, then feel better

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sunswipe posted:

What a lovely day. I'll fire up the computer and browse a few websites to get caught up on what's going on in the wor-

Dad Ben is a pretty spooky image.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hav posted:

In other legal news, apparently Fuzzy Modem had a status hearing this morning, but I don't know the outcome until the systems are updated. A status hearing is where there's an opportunity to settle with the prosecution, discuss the case and any further evidence and figure out the next steps.

He's already had four status hearings this month, so they should be getting much closer to setting a trial date.

God drat, we've been waiting for this trial longer than the citizens did for the 3.0 schedule .

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Titanic posted:

Also the polygon count on this character appears to be startlingly high, as do the number of animation bones. But I'm sure it'll be fine, and you can have 100s on screen at once with full subsumption AI as they talk with each other in unique voices with a real alien language that is not just meaningless.

This is for a cutscene or something, not in-game. Those extra animation bones look for muscle deformation and gravity and that's not something you're putting into a game unless there's a handful of characters on screen. In-game, you'd probably be using morph targets to do that, not actually assigning a bone to that.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Young Freud posted:

This is for a cutscene or something, not in-game. Those extra animation bones look for muscle deformation and gravity and that's not something you're putting into a game unless there's a handful of characters on screen. In-game, you'd probably be using morph targets to do that, not actually assigning a bone to that.

what is this, the stone age??

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Young Freud posted:

Lmao if you think the Roberts would compromise in game graphical fidelity ("polygons") for something as mundane as frame rates.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Brownhat posted:

People still using "SJW" unironically in 2017. Amazing.

I get called a SJW by idiots around the internet all the time recently, far more than in the past even, and they seem to think it's some kind of insult :lol:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR posted:

God drat, we've been waiting for this trial longer than the citizens did for the 3.0 schedule .

why do people still care about a lovely random trial again?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Gradis posted:

How's the sister ship doing?

I'm not on speaking terms with the highly honored Olympic. But every so often Britannic and I get to hang out and we go down on each other. It's pretty good all around.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

So actually having a child is no longer required to "complete" the journey to the dad side?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The inevitable consequence of being a delivery person.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
The sickening and heartbreaking truths were revealed by Ben

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Wuxi posted:

I get it :downs:

Next question, why the gently caress would you tweet about it? And who's going to pay some poor guys lifetime counseling?

Ha you think it was a guy.

(Also, I put pants on when I answer the goddamned door, and I'm from Florida)

MeLKoR posted:

Stands a good chance of being completed, however.

Truga posted:

I'm literally obsessed and goony about it.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Truga posted:

He designed the Polaris or something but honestly who gives a poo poo. Dudes in prison where he belongs.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw8lHMCm2Lc

still relevant

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Weakest cosplay ever.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Ben Lesnick, Father

Son, you know it's against the rules to watch any movies, play any video games or read any books that aren't about Wing Commander. Now say 15 Hail Roberts and go watch Wing Commander again.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DarkRefreshment posted:

Well move over goatee and 2G1C; I can now say I've found the worst thing on the internet

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I finally understand what those people mean by 'gay agenda'.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Hav posted:

Weakest cosplay ever.

Nonsense. He makes a great Jeff Lynne.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

Nonsense. He makes a great Jeff Lynne.

Jeff already has a starship;

Start your day off right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl5bqHP0-KA

Hav fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 26, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

So actually having a child is no longer required to "complete" the journey to the dad side?

Ben's delightful website could easily lead one to believe that he'd had children, just in the Fuzzy Modem sense.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

Ben's delightful website could easily lead one to believe that he'd had children, just in the Fuzzy Modem sense.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Ben lesnick, fatter.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Truga posted:

I just enjoy a good auto de fé as much as the next man. It's low hanging fruit but a pedo getting his due is about the only thing we can be sure SC will eventually deliver. I'm not whining though, I hope the judge takes his time rather than rush an half-arsed verdict with most of the features cut.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 26, 2017

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I bet Ben is jealous of the fact that Night Trap is getting a re-release on the PS4 for it's 25th anniversary and is asking God why no one, even CR, cares enough about Wing Commander to update them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I wonder what Wingman is up to these days.....

https://twitter.com/DaDakota/status/843912807313825792

https://twitter.com/DaDakota/status/850160680028319745

https://twitter.com/DaDakota/status/843632252999352320

oh