Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Lurdiak posted:

Doesn't the guy on Arrow not even have a goatee?

It prominently features Deathstroke as an overweight Australian man who embarks on a years long campaign of vengeance because he got friend zoned by a woman he was incapable of managing a single compete sentence of conversation with.

Oh, and the reason Queen has the ability to be Green Arrow? Knockoff Japanese PCP

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

It prominently features Deathstroke as an overweight Australian man who embarks on a years long campaign of vengeance because he got friend zoned by a woman he was incapable of managing a single compete sentence of conversation with.

Oh, and the reason Queen has the ability to be Green Arrow? Knockoff Japanese PCP

Isn't Prometheus in the show but as an Evil Arrow, lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i love those loving intros, captain cold has me floored here

"captain tropical doesn't roll off the tongue"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

THE DARK ARCHER :black101:

It's all treated with 110% deadly seriousness by the way. It's maybe worth dipping into just to marvel at this fact.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 26, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I binged the first season and a half an I wanted to tear my eyes out.

Basically the entire show is an island, and all the characters are islands, and their relationships are islands, and morality is an island, but the island is NOT an island.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

FunkMonkey posted:

It prominently features Deathstroke as an overweight Australian man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_rNu0prOzA

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I studied all your moves, Sonya! - Deathstroke

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

It's honestly kind of reassuring that the cast were able to have fun with it, because there was no intentional levity whatsoever in the show itself.

Saw some footage of some Darkseid gameplay, but the player was really REALLY loving terrible so I won't bother linking. Looks like he has a teleport, eye laser ranged attacks, and can summon minions for support. I got a vague Raiden vibe from him.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 26, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Le Joker revealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIl57tNGpLc

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That face reminds me of someone but I can't figure out who.

EDIT: Oh yea he kind of looks like Dan Stevens.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mon dieu, the twist that shocked no one has come home to roost. The scar on his chest suggests it may even be the same Joker. How incredibly lame.

Edit: Victoire de Flash

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 26, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Apparently the Joker they brought back from the dead came from the '80s and had a new wave synth band.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And turns out it plays exactly the same. That is pretty underwhelming.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And turns out it plays exactly the same. That is pretty underwhelming.

Joker is incredibly lame so I don't know what you were expecting.

Since base moveset is seemingly the same lets see whether or not that returning character coat of paint and tweaks(move property changes, new strings etc) is enough cause otherwise he's just the worst character in the game again for free.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
another pic, with different gear looks like

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That's pretty much Leto's Joker.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Until we get a real reveal trailer I am going to hold hope in my heart that it's just a prank and he's in the game in the same capacity that Tremor was in Mk9 or Baraka in MKX

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Have him be mkx rain and just show up for a throwaway fight early in the story

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p7ueVPZT9U&t=63s

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Le Joker oh ho ho ho!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

honestly, I fucken love that Joker look, both of them. but, if he has the exact same moves, that would suck enormously; all his stuff was either weak or highly telegraphed. He was absolutely the worst character in the last game.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Eh I'd argue he'd go 6-4 against Luthor

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I think this is actually a pretty okay look

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Le Joker oh ho ho ho!

I would admittedly be tempted to play Joker if his French voice actor just went "OHNHONHONHONHON" the entire fight. Sadly he seems to be the non-comedy stereotype type of Frenchman.

Based on his tone however, I can totally see that fight announcer being a blase dude thinking the whole fight was completely gauche and beneath him.

"Victoire de Flash...." *takes long, apathetic drag from a cigarette.*

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the grunts (which aren't made by the french va in the video) sound like epcar to me.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jimmy Hats posted:

Until we get a real reveal trailer I am going to hold hope in my heart that it's just a prank and he's in the game in the same capacity that Tremor was in Mk9 or Baraka in MKX

A Jokerized Xenomorph would be loving tits, but I was legit expecting a Black Lantern Joker and am pretty disappointed now.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Wow, I've been out of the loop for a week or so and there's so much out from the game now. I'm surprised there isn't footage of Joker gameplay yet.

Literally 24 hours after I said this gameplay footage of Joker appears.

FunkMonkey posted:

Based on his tone however, I can totally see that fight announcer being a blase dude thinking the whole fight was completely gauche and beneath him.

"Victoire de Flash...." *takes long, apathetic drag from a cigarette.*

This needs to be the first mod to be available if this ever gets a PC release.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm glad we can customize stuff's look in this game because I'm not big on that Joker

But toss a hat on him and I'm good

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'm glad we can customize stuff's look in this game because I'm not big on that Joker

But toss an afro on him and I'm good

FTFY

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I dug Speed's quip about the races with Superman being for charity.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

I still think Joker aping zombie Liu Kang would be the funniest option, though if French Joker was the main one that's running close in second.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Spikeguy posted:

I dug Speed's quip about the races with Superman being for charity.

Exactly, he let him win most of them because Superman doesn't wanna embarrass the guy whose only gimmick is how fast he is :getin:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

Exactly, he let him win most of them because Superman doesn't wanna embarrass the guy whose only gimmick is how fast he is :getin:

I see what you did there.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Evil Canadian posted:

I mean

it's an insanely good gimmick

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Catwoman hooking her finger into Superman's eye makes me cringe. I'm a total baby with anything involving eyeball misfortune.

It's a cool piece of art, really captures the chaos of a total brawl.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 26, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Flash giving Clark a giant "Pssssshaw" will always be among the greatest dunks in comic bookdom.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Flash giving Clark a giant "Pssssshaw" will always be among the greatest dunks in comic bookdom.

Hahaha holy poo poo. Served.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Am I missing something? I just watched a thing where a dude showed off Mother Boxes and they all had stat gear. I thought you only got cosmetics from loot boxes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's a really bad look.

• Locked thread