Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Two Finger posted:

that will be funded before the week is out

I don't doubt it

Looks like they've got some great content honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
It's already half way funded

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you like the wallrunning stuff in Titanfall the new glitch map is awesome

oh yeah and the new modes coming out look great too

quote:

Marked for Death: 6v6. One member of each team is Marked as targets and both teams must defend their target while trying to kill the other team’s target. Once one of the marked players are killed, the surviving Mark’s team is rewarded a point. After a few seconds, new Marks are chosen. First team to 10 kills wins.

Titan Brawl: Think of this as Team Deathmatch with just Titans. 5v5 mode with Titans only [no ejecting] and respawning. Each kill counts for 1 point and first team to 30 points wins.

Iron Last Titan Standing: It's the Last Titan Standing you know and love with a few new rules. 5v5 with no ejecting and no batteries.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 26, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ok i need someone to explain in retard talk what the gently caress i'm doing wrong in rome total war 2
every time i start, i win the first few battles then get absolutely loving curbstomped by gigantic computer forces

it seems like they completely outpace me in recruitment and i can't keep up so they just roll over me

what am i doing wrong

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
what faction are you playing as and who are you fighting against?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
In the early stages you should remove all the soldiers you can from cities without pissing your cities off and put them into one army. It's a stopgap but it really helps. Also don't try to take on everyone just pick one dude to gently caress with and make sure you don't try to take that god damned island while it has a big rear end army+garrison to fight you.

edit : for rome anyways

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah i was playing as rome and just like idk wtf they're like ok you should go take this town so i sent my army to do so and then like 3 armies of theirs took the town i'd just taken

i guess i need to play a bit slower and build up for a while?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Two Finger posted:

yeah i was playing as rome and just like idk wtf they're like ok you should go take this town so i sent my army to do so and then like 3 armies of theirs took the town i'd just taken

I have owned pretty much every Total War game but I never get further than loving around in my own custom battles. I usually switch between trying to defend against a horde of the cheapest enemies using only siege weapons (trebuchets, catapults, cannons, etc) and then attacking with the conscripts against a fort. Ohh and in Empire Total War I would use the exploding rafts against the most expensive ships for the enemy.

Something must be broken in me because I can do the same type battles with small variations for hours like this.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

New purple science recipe can eat a dick. Finally have it set up though and it's just in time because I am desperate for express belts.

I played a lil bit of factorio but here I am at work wondering if I can store excess steam from steam engines ad use that as impromptu capacitors.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

focus on building your economy up first so you can support a lot of troops. send your agents out to discover new factions, and try to max out your trade agreements. if youre given a senate mission to take over a place or do a thing, bear in mind you dont actually have to, the only downside is you wont get the reward. try to fight as many of the battles as you can instead of auto resolving. unless youre complete poo poo at them, auto resolving will cost you a lot more men and youre never gonna get a heroic victory out of mashing that button

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

I played a lil bit of factorio but here I am at work wondering if I can store excess steam from steam engines ad use that as impromptu capacitors.

Yes, just like you used to be able to store hot water. It's very space-efficient for the MJ you store per tile and good as a stopgap until you get accumulators. Nuclear is a bitch though, I've had my circumfuges running for a day now and still don't have enough for fuel enrichment. My interest is mostly academic though since I run everything off the solar farms.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSOuLJtDRFA

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Yes, just like you used to be able to store hot water. It's very space-efficient for the MJ you store per tile and good as a stopgap until you get accumulators. Nuclear is a bitch though, I've had my circumfuges running for a day now and still don't have enough for fuel enrichment. My interest is mostly academic though since I run everything off the solar farms.

I spent an hour reading how to mod factorio, how a cooling tower could work in a boiler->steam generator system, doing math and mapping a preliminary a liquid piping system to cool the steam and pre-heat the water from the offshore pumps.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

only games i play anymore are street fighter and civ v while trying to get my venice gameplan down

persona 5 is fun so far though

I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

I spent an hour reading how to mod factorio, how a cooling tower could work in a boiler->steam generator system, doing math and mapping a preliminary a liquid piping system to cool the steam and pre-heat the water from the offshore pumps.

I'm working on mid to late game throughput problems now. Purple science is consuming most of my iron and steel. Ore isn't a problem since I have my first iron outpost set up in a field with 2.1 million units and a train running a loop. So right now I'm throwing steel furnaces and solar panels at my problems. Then it's going to be high tech science so I can get logistics turned on followed by rocket parts.

Of course this progression will be delayed by little side projects that end up taking hours. I'm pumping out express belts to upgrade transport. I don't need coal for anything but plastic now so I may convert those mining fields for liquefaction at some point. Plus the early factory parts at the top of the bus can be ripped up and replaced for space/efficiency concerns.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Feed water preheat and steam condensers are both real things so congrats on your accurate sperging

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

pro click right here

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ok I bought and am downloading battlegrounds

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
only 7.4 gigs wow

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.

how far are you in it

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

Feed water preheat and steam condensers are both real things so congrats on your accurate sperging

tbh I am still bummed out that they could not add cooling towers to the game.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh well guess I hosed up and now have a dumbass character and can't change it before I've even played anything

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

how far are you in it

End of May. I borrowed it from a friend of mine, beat the first boss and got a copy of my own.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yo if anyone liked this war of mine sheltered has a similar concept - build up your shelter, try survive, send guys out on missions to find supplies

pretty good and i dumped a bunch of hours into it although there is no real endgame

any other games like this people know of, apparently it's my jam

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
is the sound in this game janky or is it just my headphones or smething? Anyhow picked up some guns and died would play again

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Isn't Persona like, peak anime?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Booblord Zagats posted:

like the Metal Gear games, persona is peak anime.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, and for some reason I keep almost buying it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
haji dangerfiled we were in the same game

i swam drove a uaz and died it was a blast

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

is the sound in this game janky or is it just my headphones or smething? Anyhow picked up some guns and died would play again

first game i spent the whole time running, then got shot in the back and rip

second game i got a bunch of poo poo and a car, then i got shotgunned in the face after i mostly missed the dude magdumping an uzi at him

third game i shot some dude after he jumped over a balcony and then spent the entire time running to the safe zone and was shot in a field by a guy with an sks

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yueah i saw you died by an sks lol we should team up this will be my 3rd round

i have no idea whats going on

edit: if you see wordyrappinghood thats me

i'm the white guy in a grey shirt

some dude was on fire in the plane metal as fuuk

edit 2: drat macheted right away

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 26, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
fourth game, i got in a fistfight with some dude in a house right away, beat his rear end to death. then i went upstairs, found a gun and bandages. started healing myself and some dude 1 shotted me with a beretta thru the window. dunno how he had an angle on me tho :confused:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Booblord Zagats posted:

it's peak anime as in its creep disturbing anime, like you wouldn't want to play it on a bus full of people

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Current factory. Needs some cleanup and a lot more concrete but I'm pretty happy with it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
KFFF and I just played a round it was pretty fun if not futile

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

we were both murdered in our livingroom by one man

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm trying to play with HCT now and he's struggling with discord. Anyone else want in on this?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

round of what?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm trying to play with HCT now and he's struggling with discord. Anyone else want in on this?

post the discord link in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
game can be kind of frustrating. i got the drop on some dude who was wandering around outside a building i was in. i was on the 2nd floor, had an m16 with acog and fired from a window. pumped a few rounds into him, he somehow lived as he lag slid into cover then popped right back out and instantly put like three rounds into my breadbasket. rip me