Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
At this point we're so many apocalypses in that poo poo has probably just started to repair itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Or you know, the obvious thing would be as bait for the androids to investigate. :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
E: wrong thread! Been a while since that happened; what the gently caress, SA Last Read?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
:frogsiren:I don't want to bring politics in this thread. Please do not discuss politics in any way shape or form.:frogsiren:

But this seemed important to bring up here, at least if in skeleton form.

So apparently today an ISIS base was overrun by wild animals and people were killed.

Why do I feel this is important to bring up here?

Because the wild animals in question were Boars.

Oh you, Nier.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 26, 2017

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Feral pigs are scary, man. That's honestly the most realistic part of Nier & N:Automata

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Rangpur posted:

Feral pigs are scary, man. That's honestly the most realistic part of Nier & N:Automata

Anyone remember that one guy in GBS who had a bunch of drones he used to track the feral pigs attacking his farm, which he would then hunt with spears?

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

I just received the soundtrack CD i ordered. There are messages from several of the head people involved included in the booklet that came with it. Yoko Taro's is 17 lines of hexadecimal.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

Anyone remember that one guy in GBS who had a bunch of drones he used to track the feral pigs attacking his farm, which he would then hunt with spears?
Last I heard, he put on a mask & cloak and led a similarly attired team into an underground castle to hunt a beast he referred to only as 'the ShadowBoard.' He was never heard from again, but when cleaning out his stuff they found a crumpled, greasy ball of paper under a dresser. When they flattened it out, it read "Nier Ending E complete."

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Whammiewazzle posted:

I just received the soundtrack CD i ordered. There are messages from several of the head people involved included in the booklet that came with it. Yoko Taro's is 17 lines of hexadecimal.

Time for someone to get typing then

Enjoy: http://www.asciitohex.com/

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Supremezero posted:

:frogsiren:I don't want to bring politics in this thread. Please do not discuss politics in any way shape or form.:frogsiren:

But this seemed important to bring up here, at least if in skeleton form.

So apparently today an ISIS base was overrun by wild animals and people were killed.

Why do I feel this is important to bring up here?

Because the wild animals in question were Boars.

Oh you, Nier.

Upon moving to Texas, I happened to mention during a conversation that I thought pigs were cute. I was immediately informed that Boars are loving terrifying.

I don't think anyone involved had actually encountered the animal, but apparently wild hogs have caused enough trouble to become legendary in Texas even in the cities.

loving boars, man.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Viola the Mad posted:

Upon moving to Texas, I happened to mention during a conversation that I thought pigs were cute. I was immediately informed that Boars are loving terrifying.

I don't think anyone involved had actually encountered the animal, but apparently wild hogs have caused enough trouble to become legendary in Texas even in the cities.

loving boars, man.

Not joking around

I too would be interested in the messages.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

sniper4625 posted:

Not joking around

I too would be interested in the messages.

I didn't want to post a link to try and keep focus on the possible politics to a minimum, but whatever.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

If Yoko Taro really wanted Mother Goose to be sympathetic in the original Nier, he should've made it take on the form of something that isn't a giant boar. Never again! :argh:

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

I translated the message. It's a big spoiler, so i'm going to keep quiet about it.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Whammiewazzle posted:

I translated the message. It's a big spoiler, so i'm going to keep quiet about it.

Could you maybe post it in the thread in Games? I wanna know what he said

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Happy Landfill posted:

Could you maybe post it in the thread in Games? I wanna know what he said

Ditto! If you do let us know!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Supremezero posted:

I didn't want to post a link to try and keep focus on the possible politics to a minimum, but whatever.

I had actually completely missed your post, and thought it hadn't been mentioned yet! Sorry.

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

Would it count as a spoiler if i just put up the hex code and let people translate for themselves?

Whammiewazzle fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 26, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Viola the Mad posted:

loving boars, man.

Oh yeah, one place's cute animal is another one's pest. Where my parents live they call prairie dogs "sage rats" so nobody complains when they're shot, since most folks just encounter them as some cute exhibit in a zoo. Same niche as gophers and moles and such, they can be quite destructive on plants.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 26, 2017

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I don't know about you, but I have the most vivid dreams when it's daylight out, even if it's clouds and rain.

I had a dream I was trying to explain the whole Drakengard/Nier storyline and timeline to someone in my family and was in just total nerd mode.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

edit: derp wrong nier thread!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

One thing always bugged me about Alpha Protocol, though. The game largely let you spare everyone, even though it wasn't always easy, you could let even the most irredeemable dickheads in the game off the hook... except for this one guy who, by the game's standards, wasn't even that bad, mostly just kind of annoying, and no matter what, you have to kill him.

Hey, if the Gelato guy didn't want us to kill him then maybe he shouldn't have gone for the scoop. :colbert:

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
I see the NieR sequel is going to right to batshit insanity from an early point. Given how Drakenier games tend to ramp up the madness, I can't wait to see how deep the rabbit hole of insanity this game gets up to. :allears:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Did we just go from naked dickless Sephiroth to Disneyland in two updates? :psyboom:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

BlackPersona posted:

Did we just go from naked dickless Sephiroth to Disneyland in two updates? :psyboom:

Clearly we've found Kingdom Hearts 3.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Clearly we've found Kingdom Hearts 3.

It turns out Kingdom Hearts is neither darkness nor light, but in fact some kind of robo-orgy.

Real awkward, that.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That sure is an explanation for all the broken keyblades we find.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I really want a whole figurine series of these machines. :kimchi:

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

jyrque posted:

I really want a whole figurine series of these machines. :kimchi:

The first time we saw the enemies in the previews, I though "Man they look really loving stupid." Then I played the game and thought "I need figures of every one of these bastards, don't I?" Especially after powering through a considerable amount of the game.

Like, is it too much to ask for a wind-up stubby who does the windmill arm thing?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Hey, if the Gelato guy didn't want us to kill him then maybe he shouldn't have gone for the scoop. :colbert:

Pretty sure i've never killed the gelato guy

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

HenryEx posted:

Pretty sure i've never killed the gelato guy

Yes, you don't need to kill gelato guy.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

The Repo Man posted:

The first time we saw the enemies in the previews, I though "Man they look really loving stupid." Then I played the game and thought "I need figures of every one of these bastards, don't I?" Especially after powering through a considerable amount of the game.

Like, is it too much to ask for a wind-up stubby who does the windmill arm thing?

My ideal machine figure would be one of those long kids from the desert. Comes with a whole bunch of interchangeable parts and you can buy several to make the longest kid ever.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

DE:HR was stupid because non-lethal takedowns and lethal are the same thing. You could knock someone out but they'd still never wake up or move from where they were regardless of who saw them and where they were. At least when I played they didn't.

The difference is that non-lethal melee takedowns are stealthy. Killing however? poo poo, everyone can hear that.

It's like how nobody could hear the garotte in Hitman: Codename 47, but since 47 didn't want to get his suit dirty, he would slit throats and let bodies drop, thus alerting the enemies. This was to balance out throat slitting being instantaneous.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

koolkevz666 posted:

Yes, you don't need to kill gelato guy.

Him licking the ice cream scoop is a good argument for doing it, tho.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I'm pretty sure they were making a joke with regards to G. Lato-Guy. There is one named person you have to kill in a boss fight area.
I guess random mooks in a helicopter count too.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have to say the most unsettling thing I have seen in the lp has been the theme park.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Repo Man posted:

Close enough?

Alas, i don't know where they came from.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

t h i s c a n n o t c o n t i n u e :kimchi:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
THISCANCONTINUETHISCANCONTINUETHISCANCONTINUETHISCANCONTINUE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Hunt11 posted:

I have to say the most unsettling thing I have seen in the lp has been the theme park.

Not even blinked an eyelash at a second duplicate Ken doll being born from the mortal wound of the first, eh? Silent Hill has informed your psyche to distrust amusement parks it seems. :v:

^ Those look like those wind up green Android mascots that someone painted to look like the Stubbies. That's a pretty close match.

• Locked thread