Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The alt-right is probably the most pathetic boogeyman ever conjured up by hack media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah him setting up heirs was no so good. But more importantly he changed the Roman senate and the administration of the empire such that state was strong enough and competent enough that it could stay solvent and effective even with a poor leader at the top.

Compare that to our senate lol.

Comparing either Trump or Clinton to anyone in the Julio-Claudian clan is giving them more praise than they deserve.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

how much time has Hillary Clinton spent in the last couple decades 'in public' and not surrounded by a handpicked court of party sycophants who only care about how influential someone is

Nah I mean like she is a former First Lady and a politician in her own right. She necessarily has to appear to the public even if she is removed from a van, walks two feet to a podium, and is then whisked away. She was unable to speak at all without either being condescending or fed what to say and sounding awkward as poo poo.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

bonerjam posted:

Nah I mean like she is a former First Lady and a politician in her own right. She necessarily has to appear to the public even if she is removed from a van, walks two feet to a podium, and is then whisked away. She was unable to speak at all without either being condescending or fed what to say and sounding awkward as poo poo.

quote:

the last couple decades

she famously came off as a standoffish, insecure social climber who hated her roots to begin with (versus Bill who capitalized on having come up from nothing and was all about 'feeling your pain') and she just spent 17+ years having smoke blown up her rear end by the insular party machine he created. The poo poo she did on the campaign trail was literally exactly what she'd been doing to stay in power for most of your lifetime, turns out it just doesn't work when the people who actually vote have an alternative, any alternative.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 26, 2017

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Comparing either Trump or Clinton to anyone in the Julio-Claudian clan is giving them more praise than they deserve.

As long as we're making ridiculous comparisons to Rome, Trump is clearly Pompey.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

still loling that she's the top GIS result for "side of beef"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

theperminator posted:

The state forcing you to take care of a kid that isn't yours is bad, sorry your brain is broken.

Great avatar/post combo. Lol

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

nigga crab pollock posted:

remember when they started a hit campaign on a meme and inadvertently created mouthpieces for a modern white supremacist movement because they had a full blown defcon moment over a cartoon frog on the internet

this post, and the events it made me recall, made me Laugh On Loudly

seriously where the gently caress did that whole thing come from

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

food court bailiff posted:

A series of journalists and hacks who had already spent the last several years shadow-boxing straw men of internet weirdos for clicks.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

food court bailiff posted:

an existential threat to America so great it brought Kissinger, Bush staffers, and woke liberals together in an alliance of the light

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

a bunch of aging reporters, recognizing that traditional news media isn't coming back, decide it's time to get 'hip' with this 'weird twitter' they keep hearing about and on logging in are instantly transformed into the stuffy principal from an 80s goofball comedy

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

lol at Bernie and Tom Perez's recent interview where Bernie said we need to take on the 1% and get greed out of politics and Tom Perez just responded with "uhh if we put 'hope' on the ballot, we will win".

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Tom Perez adding cussing to his speeches to try and rally people is so pathetic.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
loving Salon and their woke retards.

https://twitter.com/wokieleaks1/status/856982463096254465

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

I never click on Twitter links because it's always a headache but Woko Haram is an awesome username

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

"gently caress the poor".

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

new phone who dis posted:

Tom Perez adding cussing to his speeches to try and rally people is so pathetic.

Instead of revamping their message and actually appealing to the working class that believes in them, they're going for crude profanity-laced tirades to appear authentic.

quote:

The last few months have seen expletives ringing from large sections of the Democratic bench. In a New York Magazine profile this month, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) included one “gently caress,” two “loving”s, one “bullshit,” one “pissed off,” one “they suck,” and a “what the hell is going on?" DNC Chairman Tom Perez has awkwardly but assuredly brought profanity into his stump speeches, saying at a January DNC Future Forum, “if you don’t have the trust of the community, then you ain’t got poo poo,” and telling a New Jersey Working Families Alliance event in March that Republicans “don’t give a poo poo about people.” Kicking off an eight-state “Come Together and Fight Back” speaking tour alongside Senator Bernie Sanders in Portland, Maine last week, Perez turned to the president’s spending proposals—“They call it a ‘skinny budget.’ I call it a lovely budget.” By Thursday, the shop at Democrats.org was selling “Democrats give a sh*t about people” shirts.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Do they not have any interns or people still connected loosely enough to the real world to tell them that normal people see right through this poo poo?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"Maybe we can appeal to the poors by being as crude as they are! Outwardly. Juanita still has to keep the silver polished and the crystal sparkling and my toilet...well...not lovely. I'm not watching NASCAR, though! Although maybe if I wore a backwards cap and hosted a poetry slam..."

- Democrats, 2017

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Who among us doesn't love NASCAR?

e: full disclosure, I should point out that the above quote is ~fake news~

skasion fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 26, 2017

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

big nipples big life posted:

Do they not have any interns or people still connected loosely enough to the real world to tell them that normal people see right through this poo poo?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TBH this was written back when democrats were screeching about roving gay death squads.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

down n out posted:

Instead of revamping their message and actually appealing to the working class that believes in them, they're going for crude profanity-laced tirades to appear authentic.

Tbh there's nothing necessarily wrong with crude profanity-laced tirades. It adds entertainment value to politics which is pretty important to get people to actually pay attention to it and thus do anything about it, a department in which Democrats were noticeably lacking this recent election.

Besides it has deep roots in republican political oratory. Roman senators would call one another gay, flaccid, perfume wearing cocksucking sisterfuckers over tort reform.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
So instead of hot sauce, Hillary should have yelled at her supporters like she did with her staffers?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I wonder if she puts rose petals in her crack.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

TBH this was written back when democrats were screeching about roving gay death squads.

I'm still happy about it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Chomp8645 posted:

gently caress the Lesser Evil theory of voting and gently caress anyone who expects me to vote based on it.

e: lol, fortuitous timing. This post was made without knowledge of the one above it.

Realistically though we're never going to get away from it without getting rid of First Past the Post first.

Which I'd love to do, quite honestly.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

phasmid posted:

So instead of hot sauce, Hillary should have yelled at her supporters like she did with her staffers?

The book does say that apparently her friends know her as "fun and foul-mouthed". I'd probably have enjoyed voting for her more if instead of being a managed teleprompted source of endless rubbish platitudes and platforms, she were just a rude old bitch who wanted to be the boss and said as much.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gYplpPmbXI&t=11s

I like this video because it made some people speculate that she was very sick, but you can tell that it's just her trying to specifically calculate how fun and boisterous to be and adding an extra 0.

She looks like she's been drinking on a boat that just hit choppy water.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

down n out posted:

This is just sad. Uhh if we say "poo poo" and "gently caress" people will think we're straight talkers like Sanders and Trump :eng99:

God the Democratic Party needs to die

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/futurecanon/status/857310541261541376

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
jw if there is a more shittily coded site on the entire internet than twitter

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

i'm asking you because you seem to actually spend time reading gamergate threads (assuming RLM is gamergate, i have no loving clue)

Rlm has nothing to do with gamergate, Yug just came in and took a gamergate on the floor of the thread and then smeared gamergate on the wallls

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

big nipples big life posted:

Well people do buy into it they just don't realize that everyone outside of the coastal areas doesn't. someone post the electoral map

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

new phone who dis posted:

"MOTHER OF gently caress" ~ bernie, 2017

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Chelsea Clinton Gets Another Award For Doing Nothing Special:

https://heatst.com/politics/chelsea-clinton-gets-another-award-this-time-for-handing-out-grapefruits-to-the-homeless/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw1WDZDFgqc

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
she was softballed into the abortive nbc newsmagazine rock center iirc, anchored by now-disgraced television personality brian williams

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Toadvine posted:

Amusing ploy but wrong. She and Bill are entitled to secret service protection for life. They changed the law in 1994 to only provide protection for ten years post-presidency but Obama changed it back so all presidents get a lifetime detail.

I just learned that Nixon was the only president to relinquish his lifetime protection.

He already knew that none but Satan could claim him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Rlm has nothing to do with gamergate, Yug just came in and took a gamergate on the floor of the thread and then smeared gamergate on the wallls

Ehat is rlm? Red lives matter?

• Locked thread