Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Look Sir Droids posted:

In terms of ROI no buyer is going to pay what you paid for a mold farm, OP. This is a sunk cost. Also in those pics you posted most of them share one thing: plenty of natural light. Helps keep mold in check. You boarded up a window and now have less natural light than you started with.

JK your plans are perfect, please proceed. This thread owns.
Sunk cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Fuckface the Hedgehog posted:

I skipped all the interior design and just bathe in a fishpond in my neighbours backyard. Saves me a shitload of money too!

I did the opposite. My whole bathroom is stainless steel. Walls, floor, ceiling - all stainless, all seam welded. When it comes time to clean, I seal up the room as the entrance door is military surplus off of a submarine. I set the wash cycle, and the open shower design allows a high pressure, high temperature spray to reach all corners of the room. Bleach is pumped in through the plumbing, and when it's finished, it all drains through my Asian floor toilet.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

I did the opposite. My whole bathroom is stainless steel. Walls, floor, ceiling - all stainless, all seam welded. When it comes time to clean, I seal up the room as the entrance door is military surplus off of a submarine. I set the wash cycle, and the open shower design allows a high pressure, high temperature spray to reach all corners of the room. Bleach is pumped in through the plumbing, and when it's finished, it all drains through my Asian floor toilet.

How do you generate the necessary pressure to properly disinfect your bathkillroom?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

H110Hawk posted:

How do you generate the necessary pressure to properly disinfect your bathkillroom?

The whole thing is a murder room autoclave

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FogHelmut posted:

Avatar/post combo finally achieved for this thread.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

chitoryu12 posted:

Avatar/post combo finally achieved for this thread.

Yeah I can't help but hear that whole post in Krieger's voice.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FogHelmut posted:

This would be dope actually

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

FogHelmut posted:

Frank Lloyd Wright's personal bathroom at Taliesen West

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
As a simple homeowner who has had to deal with mold issues (not of my own making), the idea of laying loose rock around a tub in a humid bathroom is freaking me out a little. Okay, a lot.

Why would you purposely do this to yourself?!

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Pinterest.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

in_cahoots posted:

Is making your bathroom as close to the great outdoors as possible a guy thing? None of my lady friends are into rock floors or moss walls or the like, and neither am I. It's like taking the terribleness of tile counters and adding an extra helping of mold, dirt, and bugs. Give me minimalist and easy-to-clean any day.

I laughed when I saw the tub style, because anyone who has had one of those crammed up against a wall like in his render knows full well the existential regret he will experience the first time he has to clean between it and the wall, even without a dumb river stone bed of exotic artisinal molds involved. Fortunately I was planning on taking mine out. Bleach will never undo the horrors I found lurking behind mine after buying the house, but a 4 foot wrecking bar sure did.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Look, some people may be content with a builder-grade mold farm, but OP wants something better.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Munki posted:

Look, some people may be content with a builder-grade mold farm, but OP wants something better.

Fill the basin with caltrops, d4s, and mega blocks.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

As a simple homeowner who has had to deal with mold issues (not of my own making), the idea of laying loose rock around a tub in a humid bathroom is freaking me out a little. Okay, a lot.

Turn the stone ring into a moat of bleach.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Was hoping for a moat of koi pond

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Did you not read HE ALREADY HAS THE TUB. It would be idiotic to not put rocks around it at this point. Geez.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

I want to believe.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LOL if you don't have Enrique scrub your tub rocks.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Infinity bleach tub.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
OK maybe if you put a drain underneath the rocks and also installed a hundred thousand dollar ducting system that piped air from either through the drain or from underneath the tub. Or, like, one of those really really powerful vent hoods you use in an industrial kitchen or a breaking bad meth lab.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If I was buying a house with a bathroom like this I'd ask for like 40k knocked off the price for when I had to gut it and put in a usable cleanable bathroom.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If you sink the tub far enough into the earth's core, the geothermal heat will take care of most mold and bacteria.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Baronjutter posted:

If I was buying a house with a bathroom like this I'd ask for like 40k knocked off the price for when I had to gut it and put in a usable cleanable bathroom.

I'd walk away without even making an offer because who know what the hell else is hosed up beyond repair.

Anyhow, what's the ETA on all this, OP?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

El Estrago Bonito posted:

OK maybe if you put a drain underneath the rocks and also installed a hundred thousand dollar ducting system that piped air from either through the drain or from underneath the tub. Or, like, one of those really really powerful vent hoods you use in an industrial kitchen or a breaking bad meth lab.

Make the rocks also a sauna.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Bad Munki posted:

I'd walk away without even making an offer because who know what the hell else is hosed up beyond repair.

Anyhow, what's the ETA on all this, OP?

Dimly lit red and black moldy bathroom dungeons are all the rage these days

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Like does the OP understand those photos are just staged for design magazines and aren't at all intended to be functional bathrooms in some random suburban california house?

It's like taking direct fashion advice from the most ridiculous fashion shows. Those clothes aren't meant to be worn out in public or produced, those ridiculous outfits are just for the show as art, it's not the designer's new line and you'll look loving stupid wearing it anywhere outside of a runway.

Those tubs, they are for magazine covers and a luxury resort's website, they are not for actual use.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baronjutter posted:

Similar advice that I received on my "should I put in an in ground pool" thread.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.
Man, tough crowd. I didn't know you guys hated rocks so much.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Haters gonna hate, show us what's up

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Put rocks like that in other rooms too. Why not rocks around your fridge to collect food scraps and moisture? Make your washing machine look cool with sunken rocks. Surround your bed, surround the toilet. Replace all flooring with loose rocks.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Rock on, OP. Rock on.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

so OP how did you earn all this money that you now seem intent on pissing away? inheritance?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

so OP how did you earn all this money that you now seem intent on pissing away? inheritance?

I'd put money on something marketing or corporate sales related.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Baronjutter posted:

I'd put money on something marketing or corporate sales related.

I was going to say being a soulless gently caress but tomayto tomahto

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

I'm a Sales Engineer. I do pretty well. No inheritance. I only piss away my own money.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
No wonder you hate actual engineers and anyone who tells you that you can't do something unbuildable because it won't work.

Oh well, looks like you already sold it to yourself so now someone will have to build it somehow.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

bEatmstrJ posted:

I'm a Sales Engineer. I do pretty well. No inheritance. I only piss away my own money.

What exactly is a Sales Engineer

That sounds like some Web 2.0 disruption poo poo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bEatmstrJ posted:

Man, tough crowd. I didn't know you guys hated rocks so much.

Sticks and stones, op.

Dr.Smasher posted:

Tech marketing

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Dr.Smasher posted:

They're supposed to keep the sales persons honest but really are a pain in the rear end to support and everyone else. Infosec ones are generally the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

OSI bean dip posted:

They're supposed to keep the sales persons honest but really are a pain in the rear end to support and everyone else. Infosec ones are generally the worst.

We keep sales people honest and demo tech to prospective clients. Apparently we are a pain in the rear end to support? I am in Infosec, which makes me the worst.

• Locked thread