Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a neat cape posted:

I think I'll have chipotle for lunch.

Carnitas burrito double wrapped (two tortillas), brown rice, pinto and black beans, corn salsa, hot salsa, extra cheese and guac

Two tortillas? Good god man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

Two tortillas? Good god man

The burrito explodes from the sides with just one tortilla.

I like carbs, also

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

I think I'll have chipotle for lunch.

Carnitas burrito double wrapped (two tortillas), brown rice, pinto and black beans, corn salsa, hot salsa, extra cheese and guac

Are you stress eating, Ross? Everything ok? Did Fizz cut you deep?

Real talk, this dude I work with is huge, eats Peanut M & M's all day everyday except when he is eating Nutty Bars (both of which are amazing but I digress) but he has been doing really well lately. He would only eat this chicken sausage (also owns) and pepper mix and he was actively trying to eat better. Well he came in yesterday obviously pissed at something, ordered dominoes (loving ew) at 11am when they opened and proceeded to down a huge italian beef sandwhich and extra large deluxe pizza all by himself. It seemed to pretty clearly be stress eating, and it seemed to provide him comfort, but man I was super sad for him. I don't think I've ever witnessed stress eating like that before :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Real talk, this dude I work with is huge, eats Peanut M & M's all day everyday except when he is eating Nutty Bars (both of which are amazing but I digress) but he has been doing really well lately. He would only eat this chicken sausage (also owns) and pepper mix and he was actively trying to eat better. Well he came in yesterday obviously pissed at something, ordered dominoes (loving ew) at 11am when they opened and proceeded to down a huge italian beef sandwhich and extra large deluxe pizza all by himself. It seemed to pretty clearly be stress eating, and it seemed to provide him comfort, but man I was super sad for him. I don't think I've ever witnessed stress eating like that before :smith:

I only eat once a day. I need my calories

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

I only eat once a day. I need my calories

Why the hell do you only eat once a day?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Back in the day I was at a CiCi's where there was this obese woman in her late 20s/early 30s making frequent trips to the buffet and returning to her table with piles of pizza on her plate and an absolute look of shame on her face

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Eli Wiggum posted:

Back in the day I was at a CiCi's where there was this obese woman in her late 20s/early 30s making frequent trips to the buffet and returning to her table with piles of pizza on her plate and an absolute look of shame on her face

Well yeah, she was at a Cici's.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Why the hell do you only eat once a day?

I'm not hungry in the morning, I rarely eat lunch, then I come home and eat a big dinner.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

But I have it on good authority that you go to CiCi's to celebrate food...

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mea culpa, but I do stuff like this too. It's really loving easy when you gently caress up and have something you weren't supposed to have to say to yourself, "Well, I hosed up again, might as well go hog-wild." I doubt he was even doing it for comfort so much as a self-destructive streak of just surrendering. I dunno, all conjecture about a goon's coworker, but who knows.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

Mea culpa, but I do stuff like this too. It's really loving easy when you gently caress up and have something you weren't supposed to have to say to yourself, "Well, I hosed up again, might as well go hog-wild." I doubt he was even doing it for comfort so much as a self-destructive streak of just surrendering. I dunno, all conjecture about a goon's coworker, but who knows.

Yeah, I wanted to ask if he was ok or...something...but he is pretty closed off and kinda pessimistic about everything so I wasn't sure anything I could say would help. I just felt really really bad for him.

He showed up today with sugar free Great Value brand oatmeal :stare: so apparently the crisis is somewhat over.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spoeank posted:

Fajita vegetables are key to a happy burrito bowl. I do mostly that except I do a lil cheese and skip the brown rice like half the time.

I'm taking it home so I can use gods true hot sauce (valentina).

And my pto was scheduled because I had an outside chance of going to the draft but it fell through. Leaving for new orleans this weekend for a week though.

#blessed

My dude. :hfive:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Yeah, I wanted to ask if he was ok or...something...but he is pretty closed off and kinda pessimistic about everything so I wasn't sure anything I could say would help. I just felt really really bad for him.

He showed up today with sugar free Great Value brand oatmeal :stare: so apparently the crisis is somewhat over.

It could just be yo-yo dieting. I sometimes do that, where I spend 3-4 days watching every calorie and by the 5th day my blood sugar and mood are so low that I say gently caress it and binge, and the next day, start over. It's pretty unhealthy

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It could just be yo-yo dieting. I sometimes do that, where I spend 3-4 days watching every calorie and by the 5th day my blood sugar and mood are so low that I say gently caress it and binge, and the next day, start over. It's pretty unhealthy

That's why I do cheat days every Sunday. If I don't have something to look forward to I would probably obliterate any and all food in my path.

I've read conflicting things on cheat days, whether they are good for you or not. I feel like mentally it helps the most, but I have also read that it does help metabolism so that's what I remind myself when I'm stuffing my face with Burgers and Cake

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

That's why I do cheat days every Sunday. If I don't have something to look forward to I would probably obliterate any and all food in my path.

I've read conflicting things on cheat days, whether they are good for you or not. I feel like mentally it helps the most, but I have also read that it does help metabolism so that's what I remind myself when I'm stuffing my face with Burgers and Cake

The Dumbbells which is a must-listen fitness podcast has a good theory on it: make it a cheat meal, don't go crazy and don't fetishize the meal and eat like 3,000 calories in one sitting

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

The Dumbbells which is a must-listen fitness podcast has a good theory on it: make it a cheat meal, don't go crazy and don't fetishize the meal and eat like 3,000 calories in one sitting

Yeah, I say cheat day but it usually ends up being a cheat meal and like a bag of candy. I have done the going crazy thing and I always feel like complete rear end the next day.

I'll have to check out that podcast.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It's lotsa broscience (and they admit that) but it's good to listen to while working out

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I found a good motivator is to read that old Golden Corral story somebody posted about the various horrors a goon saw there.

Like the chocolate fountain.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The chipotle medium hot sauce is garbage but the hot has more of a kick than I expect from a chain restaurant.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

I saw someone unironically riding one of these yesterday

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a patagonian cavy posted:

Ellipticals gently caress up your stride.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah and you look like a huge idiot too. unlike me, who always looks cool

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

a neat cape posted:

I like carbs, also

you are good people

FizFashizzle posted:

Arc Trainer supremacy

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I spoke too soon. Coworker just had Domino's delivered and is currently slamming pizza and chasing it with Monster.

Maybe he has gone mental and thinks he is back in college.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

oh yeah 20 minutes of that every day and you'll never walk right again

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Three weeks out from having my right elbow cleaned out.

Getting ready for the MRI on the left.

Feels good man

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Went to a new dentist today. He wants to do invisalign because the guy who did my braces 18 years ago apparently was a dumb fuckup and now my jaw likes to rest in the wrong spot.

What a crock of poo poo.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I did it. I flossed at work.

We are through the looking glass.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Went to a new dentist today. He wants to do invisalign because the guy who did my braces 18 years ago apparently was a dumb fuckup and now my jaw likes to rest in the wrong spot.

What a crock of poo poo.

That sucks a lot. Sorry friend. Keep us updated on invisalign, I've heard very mixed reviews.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah, I'm not sure when I'll pull that trigger, because even with insurance, I'll be paying 3k out of pocket.

Oh well, just more jaw pain for me in the interim!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
everyone should Google Slan

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm going to Austin, TX next week for 5 days and will have lots of free time. What are some great food spots or things to do?

Go wait in line for BBQ. La BBQ is prolly the best wait::line equation, but Micklethwaite, Kerlin, and Browns are all worthwhile. Franklin might be worth trying out on Wednesday if you have nothing to do in the morning.

Eat all of the tacos (Torchy's, Taco Deli, Taco More, Tyson's, most other taco shops). Find some real Tex-Mex. Current favorite is Tex Mex Joe's on N Lamar.

Go swimming somewhere (Barton Springs, Bull Creek, Blue Hole in Wimberly). Go kayaking/SUPing on Ladybird Lake.

Check http://showlistaustin.com and go see a show on Red River/6th Street. Go hang out on East 6th.

Go to a special event at the Alamo Drafthouse. Actually, just go to the Alamo Drafthouse. Ritz is classic. Mueller and S Lamar are new.

Go to one of the Pinballz arcades. Go to Vigilante Game Bar.

Do some hiking. Mickinnley Falls, Barton Creek, St Edwards, bunch of other hill country parks. Go look for some of the leftover wildflowers. It's late in the year, but there are a few parks out west with blooms still going.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

Go wait in line for BBQ. La BBQ is prolly the best wait::line equation, but Micklethwaite, Kerlin, and Browns are all worthwhile. Franklin might be worth trying out on Wednesday if you have nothing to do in the morning.

Eat all of the tacos (Torchy's, Taco Deli, Taco More, Tyson's, most other taco shops). Find some real Tex-Mex. Current favorite is Tex Mex Joe's on N Lamar.

Go swimming somewhere (Barton Springs, Bull Creek, Blue Hole in Wimberly). Go kayaking/SUPing on Ladybird Lake.

Check http://showlistaustin.com and go see a show on Red River/6th Street. Go hang out on East 6th.

Go to a special event at the Alamo Drafthouse. Actually, just go to the Alamo Drafthouse. Ritz is classic. Mueller and S Lamar are new.

Go to one of the Pinballz arcades. Go to Vigilante Game Bar.

Do some hiking. Mickinnley Falls, Barton Creek, St Edwards, bunch of other hill country parks. Go look for some of the leftover wildflowers. It's late in the year, but there are a few parks out west with blooms still going.

And then go get poo poo on by a bunch of bats

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Anime talk: Dragon Ball did their own version of Homer at the Bat and it actually owns a lot.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Spoeank posted:

It's lotsa broscience (and they admit that) but it's good to listen to while working out

How do you listen to anything but music while working out? I've tried podcasts, but it's really distracting.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm going to Austin, TX next week for 5 days and will have lots of free time. What are some great food spots or things to do?

Do what kayakyakr said but also check out The Domain area up north. culinary dropout is really good eats and there's some good places to drink too.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
If you're not listening to southern hip-hop during your workout then I don't understand you. UGK is protein in music form.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

How do you ironically ride one

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

When I was in Austin I had really good BBQ at a gas station. It was like a whole restaurant though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

If you're not listening to southern hip-hop during your workout then I don't understand you. UGK is protein in music form.

https://youtu.be/awMIbA34MT8

• Locked thread