Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I want the Persona 5 expanded version to come out yesterday because I know I'm fast approaching the end and I don't want this experience be over and I want an excuse to play the game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

"Okay now this time we'll actually post a spoiler in our plea to not spoil people with streaming"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if they keep sliding the restriction like this eventually it'll be 'please dont stream the last 30 seconds of the credits'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also isn't 11/19 *after* all the goro and pretend-murder stuff? aka the biggest twist in the game?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I kind wish they'd doubled down and made the date even earlier.

"gently caress all y'all, no streaming past June now."

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

So...is this confirmation that they actually did care about curbing spoilers for some reason since they're moving the date back, or are they walking back on what was otherwise a purely anti-streamer policy and using the new 11/19 date as a smokescreen?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

11/19 is the day of Palace 6's boss fight, isn't it?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Endorph posted:

also isn't 11/19 *after* all the goro and pretend-murder stuff? aka the biggest twist in the game?

11/20 is sae's interrogation

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Endorph posted:

11/19 is when you go and beat the 6th Palace, aka the part when you get to the present

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
11/19 is the 6th boss, which brings you back to the start of the game, which you were allowed to stream anyways.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The tallest woman in all of Japan

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Does that mean people are allowed to stream bosses now? Just nothing past 11/19?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Yeah what about he-*looks down* Hoooooooooly poo poo what.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thou who art willing to perform all sacrilegious acts for thine own justice, call upon my name and release thy rage!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

it's always weird to see the canon heights of people in japanese games, because I always unconsciously add like 3-4 inches to their heights.

oh yeah Joker is definitely 6 feet tall5'9".

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Deified Data posted:

I came away from SJ with a deep love of its gameplay, apathy towards its characters and story, and outright distaste for most of its soundtrack.

see if you feel the same way after playing almost any any SMT game released before 2000

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
so which of sae/makoto is the genetic outlier

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
I'm on like 11/6 and even though I pretty much knew it was getting ready to go into the final portion gently caress you Atlas for spoiling that poo poo.....Maybe people who don't want to be spoiled don't watch the streams, so far it had worked for me not like I turn on my computer and some demon opens up twitch and presses my face against it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Makoto's 5'5" which is still over the average by like 3-4 inches

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

darealkooky posted:

see if you feel the same way after playing almost any any SMT game released before 2000

3DS port of Soul Hackers count...?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Scorps posted:

I'm on like 11/6 and even though I pretty much knew it was getting ready to go into the final portion gently caress you Atlas for spoiling that poo poo.....Maybe people who don't want to be spoiled don't watch the streams, so far it had worked for me not like I turn on my computer and some demon opens up twitch and presses my face against it
i mean literally all they said was the story picks up after that point and considering igor says that it'll take a year and you arrived in febuary, i don't think saying the final stretch starts in late november is really a spoiler.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Endorph posted:

i mean literally all they said was the story picks up after that point and considering igor says that it'll take a year and you arrived in febuary, i don't think saying the final stretch starts in late november is really a spoiler.

I understand that but they could also just say "Don't stream past 11/19" like they did with 7/7. This way it just signals 11/19 is a big plot twist or change basically. Like I said I'm more just mad because the entire premise of blocking streaming after X date is stupid as gently caress. Or more accurately I'm not really mad at all I'm just so close to that date it's annoying they had to mention it when I could have just experienced it happen without the expectation of that date having something major happening.

Scorps fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 26, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

Hell, November is always when the plot starts hitting the fan.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I'm not even sure Atlus is being that aggressive. I've seen plenty of popular streamers stream into December without repercussion.

Which, if you're not going to enforce it, begs the question of why this is a thing in the first place

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

corn on the cop posted:

I'm not even sure Atlus is being that aggressive. I've seen plenty of popular streamers stream into December without repercussion.

It seems pretty clear that they don't actually want any part of this and are just doing it to appease Atlus Japan/Sega/whatever, really.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Scorps posted:

I understand that but they could also just say "Don't stream past 11/19" like they did with 7/7. This way it just signals 11/19 is a big plot twist or change basically. Like I said I'm more just mad because the entire premise of blocking streaming after X date is stupid as gently caress. Or more accurately I'm not really mad at all I'm just so close to that date it's annoying they had to mention it when I could have just had it happen without the expectation of that date having something major happening.

Hm, the day before the interrogation might have a plot twist.

Who could see that coming.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maybe I should move Sae up a few places in my personal character rankings.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You feel your relationship with Atlus has deepened.

Atlus will now allow you to stream up to 11/19!

KoB
May 1, 2009
Of course the final mementos boss is the dick wagon.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

You guys are right Atlus is a great guy for this new thing or something

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
My point was you were being dumb, no more or less.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Well I didn't know it was the interrogation because I'm not there yet in the game, thats my point sorry

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Scorps posted:

You guys are right Atlus is a great guy for this new thing or something

Chill out my man, they just said stuff goes down around that date

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
11/19 is when Nanako is revealed as the killer

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

I'm not actually mad I'm just questioning why they didn't just write that that's the new cutoff day like they did before. They didn't say "Don't stream past 7/7 because it's when X starts in the game". If you think I am sitting here cursing Atlas instead of merely being like "drat" you are incorrect. Also literally someone else on the top of this page posted about how its a spoiler so again since I'm not there I don't know.

Scorps fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 26, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Scorps posted:

Well I didn't know it was the interrogation because I'm not there yet in the game, thats my point sorry

You do realize the game has already told you 11/19 is a big day by virtue of being the deadline for the palace you currently have access to, right.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Saint Freak posted:

11/19 is when Nanako is revealed as the killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Scorps posted:

But that is in the first 30 minutes of the game.

I thought you were in November.

It says the date each time

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 26, 2017