Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im watching Switzerland 82. What a bad year for Ferrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

The Swiss Grand Prix being held in Dijon, France is like the European Grand Prix being held in Baku, Azerbaijan.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

td4guy posted:

The Swiss Grand Prix being held in Dijon, France

Grosjean's home race!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The greatest folly of our time is that the San Marino Grand Prix was not actually held on Monte Titano.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

iospace posted:

Holy poo poo :stonk:

I thought F1 and Indy tubs are loving strong today, and even then that's not a crash to sneeze at by any means. He's loving lucky as all hell.

Sadly, F4 doesn't have the same standard :smith:

I feel like running head on into a stopped car or barrier is gonna be nasty no matter how strong the cars get. Like the Memo Gidley crash at the Rolex 24 a few years back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu4D-qJsz4U even though it was in a closed cockpit car it was still nasty as hell.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

td4guy posted:

The Swiss Grand Prix being held in Dijon, France is like the European Grand Prix being held in Baku, Azerbaijan.

It was to get around the motor racing ban, or (more likely) the FIA wanted 2 French GPs. I like the Dijon circuit.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brits, do you guys get cookie dough ice cream over there?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

wicka posted:

We do, but we don't get it

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone has experience buying from formulatours.com?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
*throws keys on table*

ok I had to snort a lot of coke and do a lot of burnouts, but I'm back

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh thank god

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Tony Montana posted:

*throws keys on table*

This is how I arrive at the office, but usually it's shrooms.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Mine is usually trying to slink past the department director who seems to absolutely hate my guts and is right beside me

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also almost certain I'll be doing my first karting practice of the season this weekend :woop:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Also almost certain I'll be doing my first karting practice of the season this weekend :woop:

As long as it doesn't snow, right?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Well the first race of the season was scheduled for Sunday and cancelled so I'm not really holding out a ton of hope.

Edit: It's at the point now where if it's sleet I'll just put wets on and vaseline up my bolts to make sure the loving thing works. I'm in a real McLaren Honda scenario because of this trailer.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 27, 2017

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Tony Montana posted:

*throws keys on table*

I'm gonna be honest I'm a little salty you overtook me on probations. But your last few weeks have been pretty eventful.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Your rap sheet or in here? My rap sheet is way more awesome than yours and pretty much any other I've seen, I've even had a mod put a youtube video into it

edit: I was actually banned (the only ban I ever got) by Lowtax himself for ranting about how much of a bunch of pedantic fucks SA posters are. This was in 2007

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 27, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

wicka posted:

Yes, but it is the loving worst poo poo ever

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tony Montana posted:

Your rap sheet or in here? My rap sheet is way more awesome than yours and pretty much any other I've seen, I've even had a mod put a youtube video into it

edit: I was actually banned (the only ban I ever got) by Lowtax himself for ranting about how much of a bunch of pedantic fucks SA posters are. This was in 2007

Heres hoping for a perma

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Anyone has experience buying from formulatours.com?

Is it for tickets / hotel? If so, do it yourself. A friend is going to Barcelona this year and he got a couple of quotes from similar UK based companies and they were just silly. He got the tickets direct and booked flights / hotel separately

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wicka posted:

It's not super popular, but yes.
Largely putting sugar into sugar is a US thing. It's more popular to add a strong flavour, peanut / mint / raspberry / salted caramel / dark chocolate

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tony Montana posted:

Lowtax posted:

You're an idiot who absolutely won't shut up.

lmbo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brainwrong posted:

Is it for tickets / hotel? If so, do it yourself. A friend is going to Barcelona this year and he got a couple of quotes from similar UK based companies and they were just silly. He got the tickets direct and booked flights / hotel separately

Yeah im planning to go to Brasil next year from Chile

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Re - Grand Tour chat. I think the guys had the totally wrong idea for what people wanted 'more of' in Top Gear. It wasn't pretty camera work, massive explosions, ridiculous stunts and studio segments. People want more Hammond, May and Clarkson bickering off the cuff about some trivial poo poo, more of those rare unscripted little jokes after a long day filming together, more of an impression that its these three guys getting their hands dirty with the challenges/car repairs etc, more 'real' adventures.

First step would be to reduce the massive crew. I think they had 40 guys with them for the Argentina special! God knows how many for the Namibia one on TGT.

AgentJotun fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 27, 2017

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

AgentJotun posted:

Re - Grand Tour chat. I think the guys had the totally wrong idea for what people wanted 'more of' in Top Gear. It wasn't pretty camera work, massive explosions, ridiculous stunts and studio segments. People want more Hammond, May and Clarkson bickering off the cuff about some trivial poo poo, more of those rare unscripted little jokes after a long day filming together, more of an impression that its these three guys getting their hands dirty with the challenges/car repairs etc, more 'real' adventures.

First step would be to reduce the massive crew. I think they had 40 guys with them for the Argentina special! God knows how many for the Nambia one on TGT.

Yeah, I've gone a bit cold on it in all honesty, not aggressively so but I just can't be bothered to watch it at the moment. I remember Top Gear being the highlight of my TV watching at one point but..... perhaps times have changed. :(

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Holy Cheese posted:

Yeah, I've gone a bit cold on it in all honesty, not aggressively so but I just can't be bothered to watch it at the moment. I remember Top Gear being the highlight of my TV watching at one point but..... perhaps times have changed. :(

This season of Top Gear was actually pretty good. I'm ambivalent towards Rory Reid - comes across as a bit of a millennial pander monkey - but Chris Harris and Joey from Friends are getting the on screen chemistry right. It's not like old Top Gear and that's a good thing, because it had to evolve.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rory is definitely the Hammond of the new three.

Also the James May assembling poo poo in a shed show is the best top gear related thing in the past couple years.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Well the first race of the season was scheduled for Sunday and cancelled so I'm not really holding out a ton of hope.

Edit: It's at the point now where if it's sleet I'll just put wets on and vaseline up my bolts to make sure the loving thing works. I'm in a real McLaren Honda scenario because of this trailer.

Speaking of, what glorious imagery did you hang on the inside of the trailer? I want to say it's Lord Ron, but something tells me its Formula 1 Dick Grabber Are Nelson.

1500quidporsche posted:

Also the James May assembling poo poo in a shed show is the best top gear related thing in the past couple years.

James is my favorite and that show is amazing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Khablam posted:

It's not super popular, but yes.
Largely putting sugar into sugar is a US thing. It's more popular to add a strong flavour, peanut / mint / raspberry / salted caramel / dark chocolate
Putting poo poo in ice cream isn't an exclusively amarican things. Hth

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

Putting poo poo in ice cream isn't an exclusively amarican things. Hth

poo poo ice cream is though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Theophany posted:

poo poo ice cream is though.

I think you'll find Amarica is a vast country with a variety of fine ice creams.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

I think you'll find Amarica is a vast country with a variety of fine ice creams.

Maybe they just export the crap to the rest of us then. My family came from Italy and founded an ice cream business here, I could never understand why they insisted on making gelato in a country as frigid as the UK (loving Scotland, no less lol) as they had to bin what didn't get eaten at the end of the day.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

Speaking of, what glorious imagery did you hang on the inside of the trailer? I want to say it's Lord Ron, but something tells me its Formula 1 Dick Grabber Are Nelson.

Undecided. The parking place I asked for in the paddock is kinda flooded and I sort of need to figure out the cabinet situation before I tackle the picture.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the gently caress is the new title?

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/857576219897987072

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 27, 2017

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Tsaedje posted:

• Drivers' names and numbers will be made clearer on all cars from the Spanish Grand Prix on 12-14 May
  • Teams currently not on the strategy group - which has until now been restricted to Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull, Williams, McLaren and Force India - will be invited
  • Controversial shark fins and so-called T-wings that have appeared on cars this season will be banned from 2018
  • Next year, any race that is stopped with a red-flag period will be resumed from a standing start
  • Measures will be taken to ensure that oil will not be used as fuel in 2018

Sounds pretty good with the exception of the standing starts after red flags. Races red flagged for weather will never restart.

I've grown to like the shark fins, especially if they let the cars corner faster.

Top Gear has been too much of a mess for me to get back into. I think I watched 2 or 3 Grand Tours and it was pretty weak. I did watch most of the Joey-From-Friends Top Gear, and could buckle in for more since they got rid of Evans. They did, right? I like Chris Harris, and thought he should have had a bigger part in the show. Peak Top Gear was amazing TV, but it just wasn't sustainable.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

what the gently caress is the new title?

gret posted:

It was Ok. It's probably just a dig at the BBC not allowing them to have a celebrity chat segment. I liked the one where they had to squeegee the blood off the windows.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I thought the shark fins made for a safer car if it rolled over and pushing the air over the profile of the rear wing (the edges)? I do think the T addition, if it easily falls off, is bad cause that is debris on track. I like the fin when the teams cut out a wedge in the back and paint it nice. I do think it looks boring on LMP/dpi cars though.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the shark fins because they bring memories of the 1974 cars.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I thought the shark fins made for a safer car if it rolled over and pushing the air over the profile of the rear wing (the edges)? I do think the T addition, if it easily falls off, is bad cause that is debris on track. I like the fin when the teams cut out a wedge in the back and paint it nice. I do think it looks boring on LMP/dpi cars though.

A couple things.

While the shark fin is directing more airflow to the rear wing, it's causing issues with recoveries. The Twings should go we don't need two rear wings, and they keep breaking and flexing.

The fins actually look better on LMP and DPi. :colbert:

• Locked thread