Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
the president of the united states had a twitter meltdown

this is the 2017 we deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sudden mega-super lol when I just realized that of the 60 million Trump voters, probably, uh, 6 -10 million of them have Twitter accounts, meaning that the other 45 million people following Deez Trumps are just people lol'in

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Yeah, it's kinda like a Capri Sun press.

It's being mocked by everyone and everything right now because it turns out that you can get exactly the same result by just squeezing the plastic bag with your hands​, instead of using that $700 machine. Also, the machine has juice pack DRM and wifi.

It's the perfect fit for the Trump family.

I bet they didn't even pay her much for being their bitch because lol nobody even know Ivanka existed before Trump became president

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinatown posted:

i pretty convinced now that he abuses some type of stimulant on a regular basis

lol

even if he doesn't anymore, being a huge cokehead for most of his adult life didn't do him any favours

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
lol. Trump is holding a gun to a baby's head screaming about how democrats are forcing the baby to die.

double lol, there are people buying it.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Constipated posted:

I love seeing my coworker's face (who voted for him) everyday whenever she reads the newspaper on break, and has to see all the articles talking about how insanely incompetent him and his administration is and how whatever he's trying to do will gently caress her over. She was so snarky and self righteous leading up to the election and ate up all the bullshit he spewed out. But at least the grim realization that he isn't going to be a good president is setting in, I can't believe there are so many people that are still on the Trump train.

None of the Trump voters I know personally are regretting it. On the contrary, they think he's doing great and really sticking it to the snowflakes.
When all your news come from the man himself or Fox, then that's to be expected.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

TotalLossBrain posted:

None of the Trump voters I know personally are regretting it. On the contrary, they think he's doing great and really sticking it to the snowflakes.
When all your news come from the man himself or Fox, then that's to be expected.

lol, I watched German news yesterday and they had a short segment on Trump's 100 days in office and went to some rust belt shithole to interview Trump supporters, trying to figure out why people still support him. One lady they found said that he's just learning and to give him more time, said that she will give him at least the whole 4 years to prove himself. Her husband added that he loves Trump because he's finally doing the right thing by dropping that mega bomb on the middle east.

When they cut back to the studio the usually ultra professional and reserved host was looking like this: :chloe:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Chinatown posted:

i pretty convinced now that he abuses some type of stimulant on a regular basis

lol

Look at the way he smiles, it's the cocaine smirk 100%. Look at pictures of Trump smiling and then look at some pictures of Jack Nicholson or John Belushi.

I wonder which staffer is his dealer lol

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

lol, I watched German news yesterday and they had a short segment on Trump's 100 days in office and went to some rust belt shithole to interview Trump supporters, trying to figure out why people still support him. One lady they found said that he's just learning and to give him more time, said that she will give him at least the whole 4 years to prove himself. Her husband added that he loves Trump because he's finally doing the right thing by dropping that mega bomb on the middle east.

When they cut back to the studio the usually ultra professional and reserved host was looking like this: :chloe:

This is too much lol

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

TotalLossBrain posted:

All of the trump voters I know think he's doing great, because none of them follow current events and have absolutely no idea what he's up to.

e: one of them didn't know there was a healthcare reform bill until AFTER it got shot down, and swore that it was a good solution to Obamacare despite not being able to name a single thing it did.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 27, 2017

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol at the aggression, playing victim, blaming the minority (white house is R, senate and congress are both majority republican??), lack of focus and any real solutions, and that absolutely nothing is gained from him throwing out slander like this other than continued support from a million shades of idiot. you cant believe anything he says to a larger degree than any other politician based on the fact that he is easily swayed, literally demented and cant keep his mouth shut. all of those being posted in the span of two minutes is just cream on my crop

i like this one best
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857604623531749376
Politics!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Politics! Bad (or sick)! No! (unintelligible)

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

politicians playing politics

I DIDNT KNOW THEY WOULD DO THIS gently caress MAN WHY IS BEING PRESIDENT SO HAAAARDDDDD

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

LOL THREAD: can anyone from the South maybe flesh out how someone could feasibly claim to be proud of their Confederate heritage without being... like a huge loving racist? is there anything cool about Robert E. Lee or anyone that could potentially make for a role model, or are these people just on their face horrible idiots who long for a time when they could buy & sell brown people in between incest rapes? I really think it'll flesh out my lols on this story.

I think it's a bit complicated and a bit more than just racism. I mean, that's usually their defense, but I think it's really the case for a lot of people.

I had befriended a guy from Mississippi while studying abroad, and he later mailed me a Confederate flag as a gift. I don't know the guy tremendously well, but I would be pretty shocked to discover he was racist, and certainly he didn't think I was, and he intended the gift to be a nice gesture, so I think it's just more of a Southern pride thing, as unfortunate as that is. It also explains why people are so quick and public about defending it.

The education and attitude about the war is different down there, so they view the war how most Americans view the Independence War without really thinking about the causes I guess. Anyway, that's my understanding of it. Sorry there's no lol.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
ivanka what does opposition mean

ooooohhhhh

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Renegret posted:

All of the trump voters I know think he's doing great, because none of them follow current events and have absolutely no idea what he's up to.

e: one of them didn't know there was a healthcare reform bill until AFTER it got shot down, and swore that it was a good solution to Obamacare despite not being able to name a single thing it did.

Exactly my experience. They don't even know or care.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
don't care if repost because this is a lmbo

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

That piece of poo poo won't juice if it doesn't have a working WiFi connection lmao

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

quote:

Why is the Press connected to the internet?
Connectivity is a key component of the Juicero system.

IT PROVIDES TRANSPARENCY

We’ll be able to tell you the ingredients, nutrition, and exact sources of the organic fruits and vegetables you’re currently drinking.

IT KEEPS YOUR PRESS IN OPTIMAL SHAPE

Your firmware is effortlessly, automatically updated.

IT TRACKS CONSUMPTION AND MINIMIZES WASTE

Our Press and the Juicero app sync so you always know which Packs you’ve consumed, and which ones remain. The app will also notify you when Packs are about to expire.

IT ENSURES YOU'RE DRINKING THE HIGHEST QUALITY JUICE

In the rare instance where a produce recall has been initiated, we have the ability to prevent the Press from pressing affected Packs. This enables us to offer the freshest, safest product possible.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
haha it doesn't even juice fruit it just squeezes bags haha omg lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/dmartosko/status/857606244886097920

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Gobblecoque posted:

haha it doesn't even juice fruit it just squeezes bags haha omg lol

it costs twelve hundred united states dollars to have one installed in your office

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Well, I guess this confirms the LOL that many people have been surmising for months now

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Id like to think that if you're juicing more or less bags than you're purchasing a red panic alarm sounds off in juicero headquarters notifying corporate police

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Oh, look kids! The President is doing important work right now!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Look at Prince Penis:

https://twitter.com/HelenKennedy/status/857616353955643393

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FuturePastNow posted:

Look at the way he smiles, it's the cocaine smirk 100%. Look at pictures of Trump smiling and then look at some pictures of Jack Nicholson or John Belushi.

I wonder which staffer is his dealer lol

I know its crazy to think this bloated, sniffing, crazy guy is both drug and alcohol free, but I believe it. He just has really bad brains.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

LOL THREAD: can anyone from the South maybe flesh out how someone could feasibly claim to be proud of their Confederate heritage without being... like a huge loving racist? is there anything cool about Robert E. Lee or anyone that could potentially make for a role model, or are these people just on their face horrible idiots who long for a time when they could buy & sell brown people in between incest rapes? I really think it'll flesh out my lols on this story.

Growing up in South Carolina in the 90's (and actually being lucky enough to be in one of the few decent school districts) the way that the Civil War was presented was that it was an unfortunate North vs. South war. It was obvious that the South was wrong because the North was fighting to abolish slavery and the South was against that, but we were made to believe that there were a lot of regular, normal, non-racist folks caught up in the battle who had no choice but to fight for the Confederacy because they lived in the South, didn't matter if they believed in the cause or not. So if your family had been in the South for many years, you could conceivably convince yourself that your ancestors were some of The Good Ones who weren't actually racist, so propping up the Confederate flag is just a way to honor their life and death in an unjust war.

Hell, I remember hearing that Robert E. Lee was vehemently against the Confederate's cause, had family in the Northern states, etc, but for some reason that I don't remember, he had no choice but to be a general in the Confederate army. At the time I remember thinking, 'drat, that's sad'. But now that I'm older and wiser I say gently caress Robert E. Lee in his old necrotic rear end in a top hat if that's even remotely true.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

I have a dozen vague memories of meeting important old people when I was a kid, and the only thing I kept was that they smelled weird. do you think he smells weird? I bet he smells weird. I can't believe the president smells so weird.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
Probably the best way to approach the debate about remembering the Confederate dead is to compare and contrast how Germans do it to remember the dead from World War 2. They observe it, but somehow manage to do so while not singing the Horst Wessel song and flying a big ol' swazzie.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

https://twitter.com/IJCFilm/status/857398683461009409

lol

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

There's really no cognitive dissonance with hardcore Trump supporters. Fox News is just "the news" where they just tell you what's happening in the world.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

a while back but lol

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

I work at a large company where we have a TV in the cafeteria of one of the buildings. This TV was set to CNN and I'd overhear engineers and PhD's complain about the "Clinton News Network" and how "they" won't change the channel to Fox news. Well, a month ago, it was switched to Fox news.

Lol that people working here and visitors (potential hires, business partners, etc) get to see a Fortune 500 company displaying this cognitive dissonant poo poo after "intelligent" people complained.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

lmao

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Here we go, blaming Flynn's vetting on Obama. Pretty much he's saying they did none themselves.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Cubone posted:

I have a dozen vague memories of meeting important old people when I was a kid, and the only thing I kept was that they smelled weird. do you think he smells weird? I bet he smells weird. I can't believe the president smells so weird.

Old man smell is the combination of absorbent gel, odor blockers and faint piss. Diaper musk. Eau D'epends.

He's a septuagenarian. You don't get that old without losing a little bit of control, especially if you're attending events and going golfing. Most people just end up accepting a couple drips here and there, but when you're a public figure, you can't go around smelling like piss and occasionally hiking your pants up after dinner so it looks more like a food stain.

I'm not saying donald trump wears full-on diapers, but he definitely, 100% wears stick-on piss pads and has at least once had to raid his wife's kotex supply when he ran out.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Here we go, blaming Flynn's vetting on Obama. Pretty much he's saying they did none themselves.

after all the lawsuits I assume thats Trumps default position on anything

dude is a master of bs

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

System Metternich posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857605104417026049

I have to lol at this, otherwise this brazen display of "literally the opposite of reality" would make me really angry

The only way Trump et al will stop blaming the Democrats is if they were literally purged a la Stalin, even then they'd probably still complain about kulaks Democrats in hiding secretly plotting their destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Bust Rodd posted:

I remember my own personal outrage at the Sandy Hook flagging, where I finally saw the terrible power wrought from dyed pieces of cloth stitched together ...

LoL at comparing the Confederate Flag to an African Slave memorial. that woman has a mono-lobe in her skull and it's turned to 'stupid AF'

Sorry for all the words, LOL thread, but there was a request, so don't read, and I'll get out of the drive-thru eventually.

I taught middle school in North loving Florida, and I think I can model what's going on here, and why these confederate pieces of poo poo and Trump just love each other so much.

You literally can't imagine Trump without the ridiculous, insecurity-based grandiose projection, the "Trump Narrative". This whole thing with slapping his name on everything, ripping off contractors, claiming to be the biggest winner at everything, all that is just the outward behavior, the protective cover. We have to know that TRUMP BELIEVES HIS NARRATIVE. He believes that doing all this poo poo actually makes him a winner, he is NOT actually aware on some deep level that all this is ridiculous, and the more you PUSH to try to make him ridiculous, the more he keeps doing his thing, because he is sure that's his real persona.

What's really underneath it, what the whole "Trump Narrative" is meant to shield him internally from is that he is a loving worthless, stupid loser, who came from a family of evil fucks, who frequently lost, whom nobody respects, and who is actually spinning this loving Trump Narrative SO loving HARD because if that cover story shatters for him, he has to face the fact that he has not climbed up to be anything. The elite social scene he tries so much to impress has no loving room for him, and world leaders do the international politics version of laughing directly in his face.

The Trump Narrative is just what a loving insecure, born loser spins to cover up the fact that everything his life is founded on is a tawdry, worthless lie.

Just sub in White, Baptist Southerners for Trump, and the Confederate Romance for the Trump Narrative, and it should be clear. Their racism is now not a surface thing, but a tenet of faith, like every time Trump tells himself and others "I am a great businessman". The South is full of a bunch of losers, descended from losers, who lost to the elite northerners they hated, because their ancestors chose black slavery as their hill to die on, lost, and now they can NEVER admit their narrative is just a cover or they'd have to admit how loving poo poo they are.

Like, yes, these people are racist, but most of that is happening behind fearful closed doors and gated communities. They're not out burning crosses. What they really are is rightfully insecure, and clinging with a death grip to the general narrative that they are the actual good people. When they see the confederate flag up and flying, inside they don't think racism, they think, "That's right, I have PRIDE in being a Southern White Person, and the fact that everyone hates me for it just proves that I am actually the better person!" Sound like a Trump tweet?

When they see the Confederate memorials being taken down, what's happening is someone is stealing their loving figleaf, and now everyone can see their tiny, diseased genitalia, which they bragged about as "the world's biggest and greatest dick in all history".

The racism is deep. On the surface, they are absolutely primed, like Trump, to follow any and all media crazes that confirm their narrative.

Like... did these White Southerners actually hate Obama racially? Of course. But did that mean that in the poo poo-rear end North Florida town I taught in that on the day after Obama was first elected, that they put on Klan robes and went out in the street, shouting "Kill the friend of the family!"? This isn't the loving 1950s. No, that town had two businesses, a barbecue joint, and the largest gun store in the region, and the day after Obama was elected, the gun store had a "BUY YOUR GUNS BEFORE OBAMA TAKES THEM AWAY" sale with that message frantically plastered outside the door.

The whole town was essentially closed, clogged with trucks and tractors, and they cleared off the shelves of that store. Deep in their minds, there's a confederate flag attached to every one of those guns, to every bullet. And it is a magical talisman in their mind to protect themselves from the truth: They are terrible people, losers, worthless, hateful fucks, who would rather cling to the idea that they were victimized and robbed rather than ever admit that the poo poo they do is evil, or god forbid that their ideas are actually all wrong. THEY CAN NEVER ADMIT THAT.

TL;DR - The racism is there, but it's not the major motivator of the Confederate Romance any more. The purpose of the Confederate poo poo is to promote in-group unity, and to give these lovely, worthless people a cover story to repeat to each other and themselves that they are actually not lovely, lovely losers. It's the metaphorical equivalent of a tall, golden tower with your name on it for a bunch of losers who live in double-wides.

etc, etc, and furthermore, I propose that all Trump voters be destroyed...