Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Cool Buff Man posted:

Get lost you fuckin whiny sad sack

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

pepperchomp posted:

Yes please. How you guys think Blake Griffin would do in okc? Just curious to see what other okc fans think about that possible pickup this summer.

Griffin would be a good fit as you can legitimately run an offense through him which the team desperately needs. Also having a player who can catch a pass and reliably finish at the rim would be amazing. All things considered I would prefer George, but either would make the team much more complete.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Spacebump posted:

More info on NBA Playgrounds.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/12/nba-playgrounds-watch-the-gameplay-trailer-new-details/
Really hope this game is good.

"Key moments – like when a player is about to shoot a 6-pointer during the Lottery Pick 3-pointer bonus – also call for you to push your opponent down – it’s playground rules after all!"

worried about this aspect
"Lottery Pick System
Pour in enough buckets, and your team will get to spin the Lottery Pick wheel for a short term bonus. Bonuses include super speed shoes, 12 inches of extra height on dunks, a glowing blue ball that increases your shot percentage, and a 2x 3-pointer. Another cool aspect of the Lottery Pick system is that it makes you think twice about pushing down your opponent on defense, as you lose your lottery bar momentum. It’s playground rules, but playing a cleaner game can bring you some good karma."

Sounds dumb but I mean it also but I'm imaging the mechanic like they're ripping off the powerup system from Mario Strikers and that was cool so ehhh.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

R.D. Mangles posted:

i despise the bulls, I want to see every front office person involved with building this monstrosity jeered out of professional basketball, i want fred hoiberg and his dumb panic face banished from the United States to coach in some windswept foreign league, I never want to see Dwyane Wade again as long as I live, I want Niko Mirotic to just stop showing flashes of being OK so I can hate him, I want all of the bulls point guards to spend the summer being humiliated by children at county fair pop-a-shot basketball competitions, I want the Bulls to fold, to move away and never play basketball again, for jimmy to flourish in Minnesota playing 43 minutes a game, to see the United Center burned to the ground and the banners and jordan statue and caricature shirts with jud buechler on them rusting at the bottom of lake michigan, and i've never wanted them to win a playoff series so badly because it would be incredibly funny to own this soft, chump-rear end fraudulent one-seed celtic team.

ahaha FINE I'll root for the Bulls. Here's to a triumphant Rondo returning for games 6 and 7 :horse::horse::horse: (imagine those are bulls instead of horses)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

attackmole posted:

Sounds dumb but I mean it also but I'm imaging the mechanic like they're ripping off the powerup system from Mario Strikers and that was cool so ehhh.

I misread it as "super sized shoes" and thought it was really cool for a second

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I interpreted this to mean that Wade used all the hot water in some sort of alpha display that'll rally the Bulls to force Game 7

I like my version better

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Carlosologist posted:

I interpreted this to mean that Wade used all the hot water in some sort of alpha display that'll rally the Bulls to force Game 7

I like my version better

In the olden days, the father got first crack at the bathwater, then the eldest son, and then the next and so on. The youngest kid got the filthy black water at the end of it.

So tough luck Denzel

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If the Bulls had picked up Yogi Ferrell in January (or used a 2nd rounder on him), they would be in the 2nd round right now. Take that for data.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Sheriff posted:

Genuine question, is there any reason to believe that Victor Oladipo is going to be worth anywhere near $20 million a year? I watched maybe 2-3 total Magic games during his tenure there, then like 10 regular season OKC games this year plus this current playoff series, and from what I've seen the answer is a resounding no. That's obviously not a huge sample so I'm wondering if I'm missing something or what.

He runs in a really cool way

Declan MacManus posted:

Why is Rondo dressed like the guy singing the hook on a struggle rap YouTube video

When you can flex you have to flex

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://streamable.com/8h1da

He seems *peers at card* am I using this right, shook?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sheriff posted:

Genuine question, is there any reason to believe that Victor Oladipo is going to be worth anywhere near $20 million a year? I watched maybe 2-3 total Magic games during his tenure there, then like 10 regular season OKC games this year plus this current playoff series, and from what I've seen the answer is a resounding no. That's obviously not a huge sample so I'm wondering if I'm missing something or what.

To ask whether dipo is going to be worth 20 mil a year is difficult to answer because the cap climate still hasn't been normalized. He's inconsistent which I don't know if he can change that but he does bring good qualities that I think will shine more next year by virtue of continuity.

E: I should probably specify the good qualities. He's a good catch and shooter, fantastic in transition, when aggressive (he's not always aggressive sadly) he's good at attacking the rim.

Metapod fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 27, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's still young and how else was Okc going to get young talent ?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Metapod posted:

To ask whether dipo is going to be worth 20 mil a year is difficult to answer because the cap climate still hasn't been normalized. He's inconsistent which I don't know if he can change that but he does bring good qualities that I think will shine more next year by virtue of continuity.

E: I should probably specify the good qualities. He's a good catch and shooter, fantastic in transition, when aggressive (he's not always aggressive sadly) he's good at attacking the rim.

In a way, since you guys are unlikely to be competing anytime soon, he's worth it because while he isn't very good, he is a sick dunker and a cool dude and it's not your money so hey. He's entertaining, but if you're trying to win a lot of games you don't want him playing any kind of serious minutes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is paying olidipo around 20% of the cap preventing Okc from doing ?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oladipo is not good enough to get by the staunch defenses of lou williams and James harden

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

Having Ibaka on the roster.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
There are clear pathways for Oladipo to improve. OKC needs him to be a secondary ballhandler which he has so far been very bad at, but it's not impossible that with an off-season of training and a full training camp, the coaching staff can come up with a situation for him to succeed. With his other skills, if he can become a league average playmaker he will be close to being worth his contact.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
lmao:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

In a way, since you guys are unlikely to be competing anytime soon, he's worth it because while he isn't very good, he is a sick dunker and a cool dude and it's not your money so hey. He's entertaining, but if you're trying to win a lot of games you don't want him playing any kind of serious minutes.

Now I do believe he would flourish more as the third option rather second but to say you don't want him playing any kind of serious minutes if you are trying to win a lot of games is just dumb. Okc won 47 games and competed with the top teams all season

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

look at buddy's pants when he get up

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

euphronius posted:

Having a better player take up that 20% of the cap. Unless he takes a dramatic leap in his 5th year, after being the exact same guy for the last three years with no change and no improvement, he's not a starter on a good team and should not be being paid like one. A wing gunner who shoots a .534 TS and can only put up .086 ws/48 is a bench gunner almost by definition, he needs to be running the offense but he's not good enough to do that against starters.

dokmo posted:

There are clear pathways for Oladipo to improve. OKC needs him to be a secondary ballhandler which he has so far been very bad at, but it's not impossible that with an off-season of training and a full training camp, the coaching staff can come up with a situation for him to succeed. With his other skills, if he can become a league average playmaker he will be close to being worth his contact.

I mean, maybe, but he spent a lot of time as the primary ballhandler and all of it as the secondary guy in Orlando, and he didn't get any better at it over time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How is Okc getting that better shooting guard in the next 4 years. Or 3 years.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Dwyane Wade is me trying to figure out if the vinegar is in the baking aisle or not

https://streamable.com/sbqk6

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

zoux posted:

https://streamable.com/8h1da

He seems *peers at card* am I using this right, shook?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Metapod posted:

He's so frustrating because he misses more easy layups than anyone ever.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
I'm glad Jimmy Butler was MIA last night, otherwise the (Rondoless) Bulls would've squashed us. The airball galore in the first quarter was embarrassing, thankfully someone reminded Brad that he's not coaching the GSW.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Castor Poe posted:

I'm glad Jimmy Butler was MIA last night, otherwise the (Rondoless) Bulls would've squashed us. The airball galore in the first quarter was embarrassing, thankfully someone reminded Brad that he's not coaching the GSW.

Boston hit more 3s than the Warriors this year.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Castor Poe posted:

Yeah like Lockback said, they made a ton of threes this year. It's not encouraging that they missed so many threes last game but it's encouraging that they still won the game convincingly while going 9/40 from deep

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/eric-gordon-houston-rockets-james-harden-sixth-man/

Gordon whined and complained all the time when it was suggested to move him to a sixth man role while playing for the Pels.

Good for him that he has a much better attitude and situation in Houston. Won't stop me from being bitter that he wasn't that open-minded while playing under a max contract here.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lmao

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

wandler20 posted:

Emmanuel Mudiay is the MVP of missing layups.

Oladipo is probably first team All-NBA though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

tanglewood1420 posted:

Rubio is up there, too.

Klay used(?) to be.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

tanglewood1420 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL1dIm80u2E

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Yeah :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Brolander posted:

look at buddy's pants when he get up

I hope for his sake he wasn't up when they fell

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

All three are cool in the exact same "swaggart with boundless potential that is perpetually unfulfilled" way.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Kibner posted:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/eric-gordon-houston-rockets-james-harden-sixth-man/

Gordon whined and complained all the time when it was suggested to move him to a sixth man role while playing for the Pels.

Good for him that he has a much better attitude and situation in Houston. Won't stop me from being bitter that he wasn't that open-minded while playing under a max contract here.

this was kind of a neat article, I found the Harden/Ariza recruitment story interesting.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

oh my

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

I'm sure you (or someone else) did one of these for Mudiay and it was like three times as long.

I cannot stand watching Mudiay and I'm not even a Denver fan.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hoiberg should have huffily left that press conference and immediately gotten on a bus to Ames

• Locked thread