Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
wow SPICE OUT!

like fifteen minutes of questions about ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
wow spicer peaced out rather quickly

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
secretary of liquor should keep their liquor in a secretary

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
"Why won't they clarify the middle class will get more money"
"Oh they will"
"so the middle class will get more money?"
"Nah I didn't say that"

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
lol he couldn't get out fast enough

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

This is my whiskey collection, and it's only about half of this. If I'm not the Secretary of Liquor, I'm going to proclaim a conspiracy of Bernie proportions! I think I have about 250 bottles now :think_face:

are u ok

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

2DCAT posted:

This is my whiskey collection, and it's only about half of what I have total. If I'm not the Secretary of Liquor, I'm going to proclaim a conspiracy of Bernie proportions! I think I have about 250 bottles now :think_face:

call it what you wanna call it

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know, NYTimes, do they?????

The answer is "no, and we need more social safety nets," but the headline writer on this was a dumb garbage idiot

Nick Kristof has a pretty good argument in favor of sweatshops as a stepping stone out of abject poverty: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2009/01/15/opinion/15kristof.html

Compare Bangladesh or Vietnam who housed sweatshops to Haiti which has been an international aid sinkhole.

Ruthless capitalism brings capital to poor countries and establishes infrastructure. Infrastructure allows for more jobs and fewer people picking over dumps for food.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!
Spicey: the president's done everything he can!

if "everything" = "get chumped and roll over once things actually get explained to you" then ya, sure

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Shab posted:

The Devils in Baggy Pants

The Demons in Dockers

The Succubi in Corduroy

The Djinnis in JNCOs

mods plz give me authority to unilaterally impose name changes on people

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

what we learned:
-Flynn is Obama's fault
-Democrats bad
-Tax plan = gently caress you, got mine

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so from that presser we got:

"Why would we redo a background check????"

The president is already redoing NAFTA apparently

Actually, most Americans should love his tax plan that fucks them in the mouth

I miss any?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

if your body isn't a literal liquor cabinet i dont know what to say

smdh

My small intestine is pure scar tissue on the inside so a fair portion of any booze I drink just sits in it unabsorbed until the next time I take a poo poo, at which point I get drunk again. I feel like this sort of counts?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

drat that was a fast ending

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

2DCAT posted:

This is my whiskey collection, and it's only about half of what I have total. If I'm not the Secretary of Liquor, I'm going to proclaim a conspiracy of Bernie proportions! I think I have about 250 bottles now :think_face:

Where's the midleton?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

wow SPICE OUT!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Let's walk through Flynn again~

Oh drat Spicer is blaming Obama now lmfao

write two letters

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

'fired at the right time' = 'when the washington post figured it out'

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Rocks posted:

https://twitter.com/johnjharwood/status/857651309067079680

gently caress with everyone's retirement, good idea

So basically the 401k is now a post-tax contribution system? I'm no longer allowed to choose to defer my taxes until I retire? Fuuuuuuuuck that.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

2DCAT posted:

I've really enjoyed Blanton's but it's time to try something new on the higher range. Any suggestions?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

2DCAT posted:

u tried to hide that la frog but i done spotted it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2DCAT posted:

I just noticed the comic books lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The American army battalion will be coordinating with the Russian platoon currently in the area: The Pinkos in JNCO's.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: like any of us can keep liquor around long enough to put it in a cabinet

:same:

"Ah yes, and here's my liquor cabinet"
"uh...there's just one 1/2 empty bottle there"
"yeah, I'll take care of that this evening and then I'll have to restock".

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
lol, as spicer was leaving someone griped "so after 100 days you are going to do ten minutes?!?!"

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

tenderjerk posted:

Spicey: the president's done everything he can!

if "everything" = "get chumped and roll over once things actually get explained to you" then ya, sure

Trump haz engaged in good faith with the dems by completely shutting them out of any negotiations

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The Pinkos in JNCO's.

:eyepop:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

This is my whiskey collection, and it's only about half of this. If I'm not the Secretary of Liquor, I'm going to proclaim a conspiracy of Bernie proportions! I think I have about 250 bottles now :think_face:

ya i remember you talking about this

[jeb!ishly] Please Apply

submit here if you'd like! There's like a few details in between all these pages thats good to know

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

pathetic little tramp posted:

So basically the 401k is now a post-tax contribution system? I'm no longer allowed to choose to defer my taxes until I retire? Fuuuuuuuuck that.

You can still do IRA if you're under the deductible income phase-out limits, but yeah it seems like there'd be no point to a 401k other than employer match. Unless they converted it to a Roth 401k type thing where you're not taxed on earnings then? Who knows, this plan is DOA and I think this rambling post is more thought than anyone in the White House actually gave it.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Lastgirl posted:

if your body isn't a literal liquor cabinet i dont know what to say

smdh

i'm pre-op liquor cabinet and i'll have to deal with this kind of judgment for a while yet i suppose :sigh:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

euphronius posted:

I just noticed the comic books lol

hes rich as gently caress look at that coffee grinder too

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

wow SPICE OUT!

I mean Trump likes him because he gets good ratings

So if he wants out he needs to be boring

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My liquor cabinet has seldom used mixers in it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

I did a thing posted:

i need to find a library that serves alcohol. maybe has a nice hearth to chill by while reading The Art of the Deal.

ive often wondered if an old style reading lounge sort of thing would have any legs

like get a smallish bar, ~1000 sq ft, charge a $2/mo membership fee or something equally tiny to make it seem more exclusive and highbrow even though it isn't, and put in overstuffed chairs you bought on clearance from an office depot, and fill up the walls with books you got from raiding the corpse of a local bookstore

people can just come in, order some brews and chill, maybe run a book club from it that's more fun because everyone can drink. and you've got their credit card from the membership fee so if some rear end in a top hat leaves an open tab or steals a book you can just charge it to the card, gently caress them

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

hes rich as gently caress look at that coffee grinder too

Or is all his money in liquid assets?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

2DCAT posted:

I want to go buy a bottle of Sazerac rye now, it beats the hell out of Bulleit for a similar price but in my area it's a little harder to find.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

My liquor cabinet has seldom used mixers in it.

I had those too, but then I drank them when I didn't have any money. I really don't recommend drinking Triple Sec on the rocks

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The American army battalion will be coordinating with the Russian platoon currently in the area: The Pinkos in JNCO's.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Or is all his money in liquid assets?

It's not in those Ikea rear end shelves for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I don't have a liquor cabinet because I'd drink it all in one sitting.

• Locked thread