Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteCarroll/status/857648885790982145

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Wait the draft is today? Seahawks are gonna fleece someone and trade down and male a baller pick. Seahawks are draft geniuses

I think there's a lot of whispers that they are going to target a CB in round one to eventually replace Sherman

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Leperflesh posted:

I think the 49ers should trade down from 2nd so they can get more picks because they have a billion positions of need. Is that dumb or a good idea.

I think the niners should take Mahomes or what ever that funslingers name is

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fish smithson sounds like a name from an 80s sports manga

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sometimes I wonder how many draft picks, especially QBs, have had potentially promising careers ruined because the Browns couldn't develop mold on month old bread.
(Asked with full knowledge that Weeden and Manziel existed beyond redemption)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's up with Joe Mathis? Dude apparently has Round 1 talent, but because of his injury, it's knocking him down? PFF (whatever) had him as #46 out of 300 players. Right below Jabrill Peppers. I just got him at the end of the 4th round in the Goon Draft.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

Butter face? Seriously?

true goon

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I think there's a lot of whispers that they are going to target a CB in round one to eventually replace Sherman

If they do it will be tredavious over kevin king, imo. Everybody in Washington wants King but they are also dumb

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
John Ross slides to Seahawks

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/857647095565516800

I often come very close to thinking the Titans are going places, but then I remember Mike Mularkey.

Tits winning the super bowl

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How come mock drafts haven't gone the way of NCAA tournament brackets? I feel like that's a pretty good market to cash in on.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Despite knowing nothing about college football, I've tricked myself into badly wanting Kizer in the second because I think all the narrative stuff around him is stupid and it's worth rolling the dice on the guy with maybe the best QB tools in the draft

I gotta start reminding myself he went to Notre Dame and I shouldn't like him

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/857660384202850304

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Florio is reporting mccaffery to the panthers chatter is a smokescreen

So I guess get ready for me to livestream my suicide tonight

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
In order of likelihood

1. Seahawks trade back in 1st round gran tredavious, draft Qb in 2nd
2. Seahawks trade back to 2nd round, get CB/S, get QB in 2nd
3. Draft some crap OL,
4. TJ Watt/taco charlton
5. Kevin King
6. John Ross falls

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Draft some crap OL

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fun tidbit I just learned when listening to a podcast: per Todd McShay, one team had a sixth-round TIGHT END grade on EJ Manuel.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

89 posted:

What's up with Joe Mathis? Dude apparently has Round 1 talent, but because of his injury, it's knocking him down? PFF (whatever) had him as #46 out of 300 players. Right below Jabrill Peppers. I just got him at the end of the 4th round in the Goon Draft.

This guy? Uh, sounds like Lance Zierlein disagrees with PFF.

quote:

Bottom Line Mathis doesn't have the length or the pass rush skills to play at defensive end so he will likely be considered as a 3-4 outside backer only. Mathis lacks the athleticism and twitch that teams want from their rush linebacker, but he does have some physicality and edge strength to battle against the run. Mathis could go on Day 3, but his ceiling could be as a serviceable backup unless he really refines his rush game and adds more quickness.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tony Pauline rumors...

quote:

Sources tell me the Philadelphia Eagles are infatuated with skill prospect Christian McCaffrey but realize they’ll likely have to trade up ahead of the Carolina Panthers in order to draft him.

The sixth pick, presently owned by the New York Jets, is in play, but the question is do the Eagles have enough ammunition to move up?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Whenever I think about the Vikings draft needs I remember Sam Bradford's dumb face and I drink.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

She's a pretty girl with an unusual smile, so what?

But this has nothing to do with the draft so, moving on

e: couldn't help myself :v:

oh my god she is eric hosmer

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

Tony Pauline rumors...

Better the gently caress not

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Trade Up Tom is at it again!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/857663030301265922

Woof...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

oh my god she is eric hosmer

Eric Hosmer is basically a walking pair of angry eyebrows, she can't compete in that department.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Diva Cupcake posted:

Tony Pauline rumors...

please no

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm cool with McCaffrey.

But, I wasn't hot on the idea Mayock has of the Eagles drafting Mike Williams since we already have Alshon....

....but, Alshon Jeffrey & Mike Williams opposite of each other sounds like fun :getin:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

I want Mahomes, if he falls to 32 to be specific for this hypothetical would the Saints take 33 and a 6th or even 7th for the swap if we told them they could probably trade it for a lot more than that?

This post is the equivalent of the mom who is out of touch walking into the mall in the early 80s past women clawing each others' eyes out and saying I've heard of this cabbage patch doll can you sell me one please

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Unless one of the safeties is there, trading down is probably smart for Buffalo.

Not sure who would want to move into 10, though. I guess a team might get antsy over a quarterback?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks already have a deal in place with the Falcons if the right players are there

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Howie Roseman got a first for Sam Bradford, he is not trading up for a runningback when he needs a WR and two CB's.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

fsif posted:

Unless one of the safeties is there, trading down is probably smart for Buffalo.

Not sure who would want to move into 10, though. I guess a team might get antsy over a quarterback?

If Atlanta does this, it has to be for a pass rushers. Barnett maybe? Willis? That is a huge jump though, would cost a boat load...makes me nervous :ohdear:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Seahawks already have a deal in place with the Falcons if the right players are there

Right players?

Do the Seahawks need a specific position to fail to convert to OT?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/857678364265598980

LOL Washington.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

If Atlanta does this, it has to be for a pass rushers. Barnett maybe? Willis? That is a huge jump though, would cost a boat load...makes me nervous :ohdear:

FWIW I doubt that tweet was implying that they are in discussion with one another.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Right players?

Do the Seahawks need a specific position to fail to convert to OT?

You better hope your team drafts a QB

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Philly should move up for Howard.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The redskins.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, we're thinking the skins fired their GM and then didn't make any changes to their draft board?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
If the Panthers don't get Trubiskiy, and they fail to find a good hidden gem in the later rounds they are basically done for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

So, we're thinking the skins fired their GM and then didn't make any changes to their draft board?

The thing is, the gm is making decisions off of what the scouts and coaches give him. They didn't fire those guys, so that information isn't going to change much after like, the combine / pro days, if even then, so...

• Locked thread