Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
It Could Be Worse 3D MMO RTS RPG Free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I'm going to create pay-2-win: the game.

All it will be is an online scoreboard that ranks you depending on the amount of IAP you buy.

I'll be a millionaire by Tuesday.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Malek posted:

Is it just me or is there not a single game on the app store with a rating under 3.7?

Seems like vote botting is all the rage.

Maybe for the bigger games but also probably that voting is essentially binary. Game good? 5. Game sucks? 0.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Tsietisin posted:

All it will be is an online scoreboard that ranks you depending on the amount of IAP you buy.

poo poo man that's a better idea than the app that cost $99 that simply was an app to show people that you paid $99 for an app.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Malek posted:

Is it just me or is there not a single game on the app store with a rating under 3.7?

Seems like vote botting is all the rage.

I'm sure there's botting in there too, but I think a lot of it is just that game developers have figured out that the formula to get a high rating is to ask people to vote early, directly from within the game, before they either hit bugs, get bored with it, or get to the paywall, and keep asking them until they rate it.

For every person who has a problem and goes to the trouble of voting one star, there's 5-10 people who rate it five stars while they're having fun and don't bother going back to change it if something happens or they uninstall a few minutes later when they get bored.

I've just taken 4.5 to 4.9 stars to be a great game, 4.0 to 4.5 to be potentially worth trying, and anything 4.0 or lower to be either horrifically bad or straight-up broken.

Case in point, I ran across a game a week or two back that was 3.8 stars and was an online game for which the company had literally gone out of business and shut down the servers, but it still came up in recommendations and would still let you install it. It was just coasting by on old positive reviews and probably will be for quite some time.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

There were some posts in this thread about Postknight but I've just picked it up and had a question. I see the IAP rings in the shop for 800 gems ($5), which is a bit much for me, but during a random level I got a traveling merchant that sold me one of the rings and some extra gold and gems for $2. Are the other rings going to show up like that too, so I can save some money?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

cage-free egghead posted:

poo poo man that's a better idea than the app that cost $99 that simply was an app to show people that you paid $99 for an app.

Apple users had one that was 999$. I guess that's conclusive proof that iPhone > Android.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

EzEight posted:

Publisher Gamevil's new game launches tomorrow War Of Crowns preregister to get some goodies just before it launches.

How do you pre-reg? The page has Install, and installing it tells me that it will be Live soon, with a countdown timer...

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
war of crown in beta was like a much weaker version of that nexon tactics game, but ill play it again and see if they changed things

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

boy are my arms tired posted:

war of crown in beta was like a much weaker version of that nexon tactics game, but ill play it again and see if they changed things

I installed, got my 300 gems thingies for playing beta, did an 11 pull, got trash, uninstalled.

At this point I'm much more invested in Fantasy War Tactics. Maybe if WoC had been released 4-5 months ago..

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

boy are my arms tired posted:

You could really easily make a generator for this, being (verb) of (noun) and then have it mix and match faces and yelling mouths.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

How do you pre-reg? The page has Install, and installing it tells me that it will be Live soon, with a countdown timer...

Pretty much the install button should have been the pre register button, doesn't matter the seems like everyone gets the rewards as long as you make an accoint before May.:shrug:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Any good match 3 games that came out the past year?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Not sure when it was released but my goto match 3 is Dinsey Emoji Blitz (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.emojimatch_goo&hl=en_GB)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

I got stuck on the tutorial mission where I had to get 6 gold and rage uninstalled. I'm bad :v:

:psyduck:

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 26, 2017

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tsietisin posted:

You could offer custom IRL items in the store for people to flaunt their rank.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
For those playing War of Crowns be sure you're playing on the US server thats where I'm guessing all goons are/ will be.

Hit the top left in the home screen the backets behind your name shows the server. tap it to swap servers

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
E: oops, wrong thread.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
What are some decent match-3 RPG-ish things that aren't Puzzle & Dragons?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Simon The Digger posted:

Shadow Wars isn't exactly match 3, but it feels similar to P&D. There's also Puzzle Quest 2 which is a full on dungeon crawling rpg where the fights are basically Bejeweled.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Simon The Digger posted:

Gems of war is interesting, with two active goon guilds. They've been doing some stuff to change up the pvp meta weekly. It's a little slow to start, but its basically "From the makers of Puzzle Quest: More Puzzle Quest!"

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Haha I kinda skipped the backstabbing explanation. I kept trying to go torch in the middle to ---> Death.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A remastered port of Myst sequel Riven is out on the Play Store.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i installed war of crowns from Play earlier today, when i got the "this app is available" notification. i went to launch it a little while ago and they are doing a multiple-hour maintenance. very nice

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Birdstopia is a new, rather nice looking clicker that combines the thrill of birdwatching with the excitement of tapping on your screen to fill up meters.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Ballz has potential. I kinda like playing it even though its pretty tough to get to the higher level. With a few more features it would be pretty decent.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yay, a new Star Wars BB-8 Match 3 game!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.starwarspuzzledroids_goo&hl=en&rdid=com.disney.starwarspuzzledroids_goo

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
To War of Crown players if you're looking for a carry through the stages add me.

IGN: Dryness

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
yeah i played through the first set of missions and its basically the same as it was except they added undulating anime chick for your summons

It's Not Good, Sadly

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This seems unnecessarily graphics heavy for a friggin match 3.

I played it for about half an hour and it brought my full battery down to half. :stonk:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
As a Summoner War like game its polished and as its a new game its great time to build an account.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
*wrong thread*

marshmonkey fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 27, 2017

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Deakul posted:

This seems unnecessarily graphics heavy for a friggin match 3.

I played it for about half an hour and it brought my full battery down to half. :stonk:

Yeah I'm seeing that complaint pretty often. I haven't actually fired it up yet, just saw it on my morning news feed.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Robot Unicorn Attack 3 is out in wide release now. I played a bit of it during the soft launch period and I didn't particularly like it mainly due to how unpolished it felt, but I might give it another shot.

Also out is a port of twin stick shooter Neon Chrome, which people seem to like on Steam and iOS.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Is there a good Tetris attack/pokemon puzzle league clone for Android?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gilg posted:

There were some posts in this thread about Postknight but I've just picked it up and had a question. I see the IAP rings in the shop for 800 gems ($5), which is a bit much for me, but during a random level I got a traveling merchant that sold me one of the rings and some extra gold and gems for $2. Are the other rings going to show up like that too, so I can save some money?

Honestly I don't know why you would buy any of the IAP's in Postknight. I loved the game but ran out of content so quickly. They haven't finished the game yet so it just 'ends' and I imagine getting those IAP's will only hasten that.

I picked up Dungeon Defense the other week when it was free and man, is this game extremely my poo poo. Half of the mechanics are still locked out for me but slowly making my way through it and I'm loving it so far.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm getting the impression that it might be too much to ask for a 'complete, (mostly) offline match game' for mobile. Games like YMBAB and WarGames are too few and far between.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Forgive me but I thought Postknight was extremely dull and uninspiring.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
For me pretty much 100% of my enjoyment was laughing at the crazy poo poo you're apparently carrying in a backpack and delivering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I just noticed that Grim Fandango, Machinarium and Kathy Rain are available on Humble Mobile Bundle for $1. I mainly care about the first two, are they good ports?