Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Hunt11 posted:

You only get to go to Valhalla if you die bravely in battle. Somehow I feel like the only thing most libertarians would be able to spill would be their own piss.

It's not the libertarians who are members of glorious Valhalla DRO friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Crain posted:

I once had an intern who was a college libtard who tried to explain it as "Companies are black boxes for generating profit. Or they should be at least. Regulations get in their way of finding the most efficient path to wealth." Which he thought was super loving clever even though that's not something you can really treat as a black box problem. He most likely just learned about black boxes in physics class that week.

When I brought up that "finding the most efficient path" to profit usually involves solutions you really don't want as a society, with the example of unscrupulous bakers using plaster/sawdust as fillers to use less material in bread to save on cost, he just didn't seem to process it. I think his first response was to assume it was a crazy hypothetical, "What, these bakers are funneling research money into plaster bread?". He later fell back on "well what's so wrong with that??" when shown that companies did in fact use underhanded methods like that before regulations like The Pure Food and Drug Act.

So ultimately it just boils down to: Making money as fast and easily as possible is the only goal. Nothing else matters.

You know, the one thing you should have done is beaned him good and taken his wallet. Because that's the most efficient path to profit.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Why do conservatives/lolbertarians think that cuts to corporate taxes will magically fix things instead of just funneling the money to the top? Either they are dumb or they want that to happen.

1) They know the money is just going to the top and this is a line but are hoping the rubes don't notice

2) They have no idea how a business works; maybe it's the Republican math that DEBT=NEVER but in reality if that extra money was going to magically grow the company, the company would have taken a loan. If you tell a smart business that's doing well "here's an extra 10% for doing absolutely nothing extra!" the smart business money is to say "thanks!" and keep it.

My money is on 1, but hoping the rubes believe 2.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Even when I left the military and went on unemployment, I still didn't qualify for food stamps - because I was living with close family members. Add to this that I had to demonstrate that I was actively looking for work on a weekly basis by showing up at a job center with applications and updated resumes just to keep the meager ~$600 a month I was being given, and even then, the unemployment office still found cause to ask for ~$2000 of it back once I did start working full time again, in spite of the fact I called and told them the minute I got the full time job.

This is in Texas. I don't know how it is in other states, but for me, getting "free poo poo" wasn't easy and hardly a loving scam. It's made me realize that the whole wellfare queen thing is bullshit, and any time some dumbfuck oxy-riddled redneck at my job goes off on people mooching off the gov't, I loving die a little more each time.

edit: I want to clarify that I'm not pissing and moaning I didn't get food stamps - the whole experience made me realize that the stamps are intended for the truly destitute and suffering. I was lucky to have a home to move into when I separated.

You see someone at the supermarket pull out a EBT card, that person's hurting.

Yeah, it's loving laughable listening to right wingers talk about welfare queens. It's so loving hard to get assistance in some states that you basically have to be homeless or starving to get enough support to just barely subsist. Oh and don't even think about quitting your job, because then you won't get anything at all, no matter how lovely or abusive the company you were working for was. By the time I actually decided to apply for food stamps I was kicking myself for not having done it earlier because there were like 6 months before then where I was basically dead broke and getting further into debt to survive, and I could've just avoided that completely. And hey, then I managed to find a job that wasn't poo poo and it was a lot easier to do since I wasn't spending all my mental energy on figuring out how I was gonna eat that month

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

A git gud scrub cartoon

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
If anyone ever wanted to watch a 45-minute video of Mr. Fish talking about what it's like cartooning during the Trump administration, that's a thing you can do now.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

When they say that, they really mean they want to hear a lot about how right they are.

Well, they are in fact very right. Alt-right even.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

The people who hate Nazis are the real Nazis.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Twelve by Pies posted:

The people who hate Nazis are the real Nazis.

Well, they are all white

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah, it's loving laughable listening to right wingers talk about welfare queens. It's so loving hard to get assistance in some states that you basically have to be homeless or starving to get enough support to just barely subsist. Oh and don't even think about quitting your job, because then you won't get anything at all, no matter how lovely or abusive the company you were working for was. By the time I actually decided to apply for food stamps I was kicking myself for not having done it earlier because there were like 6 months before then where I was basically dead broke and getting further into debt to survive, and I could've just avoided that completely. And hey, then I managed to find a job that wasn't poo poo and it was a lot easier to do since I wasn't spending all my mental energy on figuring out how I was gonna eat that month

Yup, I know that pain. The only reason I'm not homeless is because of my parents, and it seems our relationship strains day by day so it's only a matter of time before I have nothing.

I think another thing is some conservatives are in the lower-middle class and think that they're rich enough to get the benefits of these tax cuts. The only thing, to them, differing them from the mega rich is that they just never had their breakthrough business idea, but otherwise they're just so better off. And listening to people who, even if they claim to be progressive, are pretty well off in terms of being white, male and have a good career tend to assume that they are making what everyone else can make if people just put some more effort in. And act like it's no big deal when they brag about going to restaurants several times a week, go to the bar every night and can afford to make drunk amazon purchases for hundreds of dollars because he has a contract based on his popularity on radio.

Yea I'm a bit bitter, but he's a huge prick who thinks that it's a horrible thing to give homeless people any sort of semi-permanent support. And is okay with homeless people having their pets ripped away from them because "Eh they're all mentally unstable anyway or else they wouldn't be homeless"

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

The amount of willful ignorance in this cartoon is enough to kill a normal man.

Bonus since it can count as being political:
https://twitter.com/skronked/status/857745938588155905

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Sure would be hosed up if Obama was making a lot of money and not paying his taxes. Thankfully, nobody would ever be elected President after doing that.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
"I dunno, just something about Obama says to me that he doesn't deserve to be paid for his work. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me?"

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

The photo referenced in the second last panel:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lurdiak posted:

Fixed some bad cut and paste stuff that stuck out to me at a second glance, please tweet this version to Ben instead of the other one.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I've seen a whole lot of hosed up Lester's, but the idea of him associating people on welfare with those dumb jeans everyone is making fun of really pisses me off.

This is like the purest distillation of "thing is bad + people I don't like"

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

vilkacis posted:

I didn't post my attempt because Angular Cyrus beat me to it, but it is a png if you want one:

(You may prefer the jpg version though :v:)

This version is better.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

"No, these actually ARE mud stained jeans. My lovely job takes up so much of my time and pays so little that not only do I have to go shopping in dirty clothes, but I can't even afford to buy enough food for my family and require government assistance."

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

As if Lester has the slightest loving idea of what a job where you'd get mud on your jeans is like.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Internet Webguy posted:

The amount of willful ignorance in this cartoon is enough to kill a normal man.

When he himself is paid with money

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Garrand posted:

As if Lester has the slightest loving idea of what a job where you'd get mud on your jeans is like.

It will always be hilarious when people who make a comfortable living putting their lovely opinions onto paper via lovely drawings always think it's everyone else that's not putting in the work.

If I could get everyone to pay me I'd poo poo out ms paint comments at least as good as Kirschen, without the hint of genocide.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 28, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

Sure would be hosed up if Obama was making a lot of money and not paying his taxes. Thankfully, nobody would ever be elected President after doing that.

Though, as per usual, the left are taking this tu quoque and absolutely running as far and hard as they can with it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, it's food only, so you can't even buy toilet paper, soap, or deodorant.

Of course the people who hate people on EBT cards don't give a poo poo because they totally saw them buy a grocery cart full of chips and sodas with an EBT card. Basically those kind of people won't be satisfied until poors are rounded up and force fed gruel for all their meals.

Well, sort of. In some states there are multiple programs that use EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cards. Take California; we have CalFresh (food stamps) and CalWORKS (cash assistance). Both use the EBT card, but are separate programs (that some people might not even be on both of; I get CalFresh but not CalWORKS, personally, as I don't qualify for the latter), so you can use the same card to buy food (and nothing else, and also not certain types of food) and then withdraw money from certain ATMs with it, but they'd be from two different types of assistance.

Republicans, of course, don't know or care about this. Heck, I think most people not on these programs are unaware; it wasn't until I got on one myself that I learned about some of this, personally. Which is, of course, not to say that most people complaining about this aren't terrible, stupid people, or that Lester doesn't deserve to get hit by a truck, because those things are all true.

Edit: Might have quoted the wrong person, whoops. Point is that in some cases you can buy non-food things with an EBT card, but that doesn't mean you're buying them with food stamps. Just that you are getting benefits that use an EBT card.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 28, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Farking Bastage posted:

Jesus titty-loving Christ on a stick. Usually it's Branco who puts me in a bad mood, but this poo poo right here...

Michael Eugene Fuckwad Lester, you racist wife beating sack of monkey gently caress. Just like every other typical white dude from Georgia who has a UGA license plate, UGA hat, shirt, tattoo, and UGA strap to hold the costa del mar's around your neck, yet flunked out of Valdosta State in two semesters and now works in daddy's business, you gotta pull this welfare queen bullshit because everyone else is obviously gaming the system. I look forward to the day you slap the missus around a little too hard and end up getting every loving thing coming to you. :fuckoff:

You'd have to be like a personal chef or a yacht builder to afford jeans like those.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Simpsons did a thing for Trump's 100 days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo3fT0xPeHs
If you haven't seen them in years, then the answer is: no, they haven't regained their wit.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

Studying Vikings at the moment and I am starting to think that a good portion of libertarians need to be dumped off in England at the height of viking raids to see just how fun it is to live in a society where they are not protected by the governments they so despise.

Vikings were actually statist, their version of government, the Thing, made laws and even decided who was to be king. Here we have one norseman, Ţorgnýr the Lawspeaker, engaging in political debate:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Jabba the Hutt can't speak human, boo!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I once had an idea for a hackneyed political cartoon that was remarkably like this, except the eagle was a blood-caked dragon that ate people and poo poo gold, and the republicans were trying to free it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's because he's not the best at speaking, like Trump is! He's so good at speaking, he'll speak the economy right into prosperity and pave our roads with gold.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Uhhh, but that's Trump? Good likeness too.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Uncle Sam is a propaganda symbol of American imperialism. AGC.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Antifa must eventually destroy America, an anarchist cartoon.

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 28, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bald eagles are scavengers that usually steal food from other predators.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Fister Roboto posted:

Bald eagles are scavengers that usually steal food from other predators.

Something to tweet Ramirez?

Also, "Taxes and Regulations control and maintain an aggressive and dangerous predator, AGC"

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Argh, I can't believe these overly-sensitive weak willed pansies

are violently destroying America; they're a force which we are powerless to stop!!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ "By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.” - Umberto Eco

Alhazred posted:

Vikings were actually statist, their version of government, the Thing, made laws and even decided who was to be king. Here we have one norseman, Ţorgnýr the Lawspeaker, engaging in political debate:

And not, I might add, protecting the people being attacked by the Vikings. They're the ones who would bewail the lack the protection from the government, not the Vikings themselves.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 28, 2017

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Technowolf posted:

But he probably does spell phenomenal with an 'F'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQLdhVpLBVE&t=46s

Those poor, majestic birds... :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Go tailgate a truck, Tinsley.

Go live in Brownback's economy, Ramirez.

• Locked thread