Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've been realizing for a while now that I really want to see a disaster movie where the disaster is something like the climax of an Avengers movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I've been realizing for a while now that I really want to see a disaster movie where the disaster is something like the climax of an Avengers movie.

Yeah, I would watch a full movie version of the Mankind Is Introduced To The Superman scene from Batman v Superman.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

Cloverfield, but with Voltron

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

got any sevens posted:

Cloverfield, but with Voltron

It's gonna have Voltron. I heard the guy say "It's a lion" in the trailer.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Sony have announced a 2019 release date for their Masters Of The Universe film
http://www.cbr.com/masters-of-the-u...FB-P&view=lista

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I would absolutely love to see a Kaiju Fight from street level, that was one of the really promising aspects of Godzilla 2014 but they didn't stay with it.

parallelodad posted:

10 years later I continue to marvel at how absolutely insane this was.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I would absolutely love to see a Kaiju Fight from street level, that was one of the really promising aspects of Godzilla 2014 but they didn't stay with it.

Yeah I got so tired of the argument I acquit.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The problem with this that nobody can ever possibly replace Dolph Lundgren as He-Man. Dolph is the most he of mans.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

parallelodad posted:

I totally forgot about that, but yeah, I'd be cool with Voltron fighting Cloverfield though

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

More Chronic (What?) cles of Narnia with Joe Johnston directing The Silver Chair, which if you've read the books you know isn't a direct sequel with the main kids so they are using that as a way to reboot the series.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/narnia-revival-silver-chair-director-joe-johnston-1202399920/

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also McG is off the projects so at this point it has no director nor star (unless the Kellen Lutz rumor is true), and rumor is David S. Goyer is rewriting yet again

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Veib posted:

The problem with this that nobody can ever possibly replace Dolph Lundgren as He-Man. Dolph is the most he of mans.

The hell with that, who's gonna play Detective Lubic? James Tolkan's not as young as he used to be.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I love how that line was added - and voiced - by the director for the specific person of making it clear to audiences what the movie was and to avoid the internet debating what it was.

Then the "it's a lion!" thing happened and he realized it was all for naught.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's always, and there always will be, HHH. With the non transformed persona played by Chris Jericho.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
For the longest time I thought Cloverfield was about a giant lion because people in the theater just kept saying "it's a lion!" without mentioning Voltron at all.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

More Chronic (What?) cles of Narnia with Joe Johnston directing The Silver Chair, which if you've read the books you know isn't a direct sequel with the main kids so they are using that as a way to reboot the series.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/narnia-revival-silver-chair-director-joe-johnston-1202399920/

Also McG is off the projects so at this point it has no director nor star (unless the Kellen Lutz rumor is true), and rumor is David S. Goyer is rewriting yet again
They're going to have to do quite a bit of script doctoring to the last one if they want to make it watchable. Don't know that this was worth bringing back the franchise.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

MisterBibs posted:

I love how that line was added - and voiced - by the director for the specific person of making it clear to audiences what the movie was and to avoid the internet debating what it was.

Then the "it's a lion!" thing happened and he realized it was all for naught.

What is the line even supposed to be? "it's alive"?

edit: Also He-Man should be Gillberg/Goldberg.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Peanut President posted:

What is the line even supposed to be? "it's alive"?

Yeah, the director specifically decided to record a line of him saying "I saw it! It's alive! It's huge!", so that people knew from the get-go that it was going to be a Giant Monster Movie.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
If you were gonna make a modern Voltron movie, you would probably have a tough time selling investors on pretending it's a completely unrelated movie up through release just to... make a few fans go whoa?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It didn't happen (and the way they designed it, they couldn't), but I kinda want to see a classic Power Rangers monster fight from ground level. Huge monster, huge robot, in the middle of New York, just going to town on each other.

Even Pacific Rim only had brief flashes of their Monster/Robot fights in the cities.

E: vvv eh, most of the fight stuff from classic PR was done on a soundstage with barely a hint that it was supposed to be a city. I'm talking real "giant lizard smacks a Megazord into the Empire State Building" stuff. Like I said, the movie made Angel Grove a little town, which I dug, but man, big city fight would've been neat.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 27, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A decent amount of the Zord sequence in Power Rangers seemed to be from ground level and focusing on bystanders, before they combined though, and of course this was small town not a real city.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

MisterBibs posted:

Yeah, the director specifically decided to record a line of him saying "I saw it! It's alive! It's huge!", so that people knew from the get-go that it was going to be a Giant Monster Movie.

That's weird. I thought the trailer made it pretty clear 1-18-08 was a monster movie, without the line.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

They're going to have to do quite a bit of script doctoring to the last one if they want to make it watchable. Don't know that this was worth bringing back the franchise.

I'm anticipating a world that's islam-o-phobic enough to slurp down The Last Battle in its full glorious original intent. Buzzard-rack the Islamic Shock presiding over a stealthed hell portal and ushering in all the faithful libtards while the children of Aslan remain steadfast with their furry militias...

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

syscall girl posted:

I'm anticipating a world that's islam-o-phobic enough to slurp down The Last Battle in its full glorious original intent. Buzzard-rack the Islamic Shock presiding over a stealthed hell portal and ushering in all the faithful libtards while the children of Aslan remain steadfast with their furry militias...

Don't forget the one girl who doesn't get to go to heaven because she was too busy putting or makeup to get caught in a massive train crash!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Starts even earlier with A Horse and his Boy

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

"Every time you lose, you damage yourself."

The fact that the businesscar is referring to McQueen's brand instead of his person has actually gotten me somewhat interested in this film.

lol this is straight up Rocky 3, the impossible to beat car is even black.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
If that's true then maybe at least Cars 4 will be decent

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

got any sevens posted:

If that's true then maybe at least Cars 4 will be decent

Cars 5 has a grizzled Lightning watching over his son, a Prius hybrid.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Shageletic posted:

lol this is straight up Rocky 3, the impossible to beat car is even black.

"For the black car to come out superior would be against America's teachings. I have been so great in racing they had to create an image like McQueen, a red image on the screen, to counteract my image in the track."

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 28, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Casimir Radon posted:

It is probably the most meandering of the books with lots of stops and side-plots, but I think that's why I liked it the most.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'm kind of surprised nobody went after the Prydain Chronicles during the whole classic book-to-big budget fantasy franchise zeitgeist. Did the animated Black Cauldron still poison Disney to the idea even after all that time?

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
It sounds like they didn't have the rights to it anymore. They re-acquired the rights last year.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

raditts posted:

I'm kind of surprised nobody went after the Prydain Chronicles during the whole classic book-to-big budget fantasy franchise zeitgeist. Did the animated Black Cauldron still poison Disney to the idea even after all that time?

My thoughts as well. The Black Cauldron is an interesting movie, if it had committed fully to the darker elements of the story it could have been a classic like The Secret of Nimh.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Tars Tarkas posted:

Cars 3 got a new trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LeOH9AGJQM

and release dates for Star Wars Episode IX on May 24th, 2019 and Indiana Jones 5 on July 10th, 2020

The new hot trend for movie sites to write about this week is that there are R rated movies coming out. Exciting stuff, I can't believe movie journalism doesn't make any money.

It feels odd that they'd abandon the "Christmas= Star Wars" association they've had for the last 2 movies.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Beachcomber posted:

It feels odd that they'd abandon the "Christmas= Star Wars" association they've had for the last 2 movies.

I'm surprised they didn't push it for May 4th, unless they'll just use that as a promotional slingshot.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

As close as possible 42nd anniversary?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

My theory is they moved it up so no one else died during production

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Beachcomber posted:

Yeah when Sony announced a December 2019 release date for Masters of the Universe I went "Are they crazy?" and went to look up what it'd be going up against but all that was listed was Wicked and an untitled Disney live action fairytale.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=bydate&release=theatrical&yr=2019&p=.htm

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

IX is going to be the conclusion of the 7-8-9 trilogy, so I figure Disney wants to make as big a deal out of it as possible by releasing it in the summer.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Tars Tarkas posted:

My theory is they moved it up so no one else died during production

I can't wait to see how they try to handle the Liea stuff in episode 8, they seemed to be banking on her being a fairly important character in the last movie. Did they ever say how much of her scenes they finished before Carrie's death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I can't wait to see how they try to handle the Liea stuff in episode 8, they seemed to be banking on her being a fairly important character in the last movie. Did they ever say how much of her scenes they finished before Carrie's death?

Supposedly everything from Episode 8 was finished. Episode 9 not at all though.

• Locked thread