Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

wizard on a water slide posted:

was ff15 the first final fantasy, not counting mmos, to have fishing?

if so that's pretty wild, it's in like every jrpg

I guess DQ has also been fairly fishing averse

It was kind of a big deal in FF6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Persona 5 The Crimson should allow Joker to steal the hats of authority figures with his fishing rod.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 28, 2017

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

It's me, I'm that, sorry
You're history's greatest monster.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
FFXII had fishing too.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

wizard on a water slide posted:

was ff15 the first final fantasy, not counting mmos, to have fishing?

if so that's pretty wild, it's in like every jrpg

I guess DQ has also been fairly fishing averse

12 had fishing.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
I just finished the huge post Palace 6 cutscenes dump and my mind was blown, this is an amazing game. Did not expect anything along those lines to happen.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It was kind of a big deal in FF6

lol

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if the Persona 5 spinoff fighting game isnt called Supermax then they have failed

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Raxivace posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a fishing minigame that was legit easier than actual fishing on a boat with a rod and a can of worms.

The fishing "minigame" in Tales of Berseria is literally pick the bait and then you get a fish.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The fishing "minigame" in Tales of Berseria is literally pick the bait and then you get a fish.

But at Red Lobster I don't even need to pick the bait!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Scorps posted:

I just finished the huge post Palace 6 cutscenes dump and my mind was blown, this is an amazing game. Did not expect anything along those lines to happen.

phantom thieves deal with traitor.flv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_wEs9x7G3w

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I saw someone refer the post Palace 6 scenes as The Man Who Sold The World moment from MGSV and now I desperately need that music over that please

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
What does Amrita Drop/Shower mean when it says "non-special" ailments?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FractalSandwich posted:

What does Amrita Drop/Shower mean when it says "non-special" ailments?

I assume "special ailments" are weird situational stuff that only crop up in like one battle or event, like being turned into a mouse or covered in ink

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I laughed pretty hard when the MC caught a fish and had the most stone faced expression I've ever seen.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guys I'm starting to learn about Medjed and omg I love this game so much, I really am impressed with the story beats, the gameplay, the characters, I love how quick the JRPG part of it is, and the visual novel stuff is awesome. I do wonder if I'm doing things wrong though.

Is it better to do Palaces immediately, or do them at the last minute.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Turtlicious posted:

Guys I'm starting to learn about Medjed and omg I love this game so much, I really am impressed with the story beats, the gameplay, the characters, I love how quick the JRPG part of it is, and the visual novel stuff is awesome. I do wonder if I'm doing things wrong though.

Is it better to do Palaces immediately, or do them at the last minute.

Any time but the last minute really, because those fuckers will lie about the amount of time you have left. Palace 6 I am looking squarely at you.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Your party confidants stop being available on the last week if you haven't reached the treasure, so might as well do it then.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hoooooly poo poo Palace 4!

This loving music.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I just saw the cutscene of Makoto and Sae right before Sae goes off to find the Mafia guy.

...well that conversation escalated quickly....

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Remember prerelease when people thought Makoto was adult nanako

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sea Sponge Run posted:

wait are you telling me nanako doesn't grow up to get a bitchin motorcycle

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sea Sponge Run posted:

that would've been cool.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sea Sponge Run posted:

There was a really cool moment when she first talked about her detective dad that I had a flash, just a flash, of terror that the theory was true

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Does that make Sae Narukami

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

slev posted:

Does that make Sae Narukami

the hair color...

EDIT: dojima, of course, is their dead cop "dad" and sae is easily convinced of joker's insane story because of the events of persona 4

*goofy voice* but that's just a theory... a game theory

Baku fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 28, 2017

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Just got to Palace 7 and man, I used Trails of Cold Steel as an example earlier, but didn't realized (spoilers for endgame Trails of Cold Steel 1 and Palace 7) we would have a traitor called Crow that specialized in assassination in both games who was your party member for a bit. And props to the P5 crew pulling a ridiculously elaborate Roy Mustang-esque plan to get themselves out of Akechi's trap. Somebody said that Ryuji alone is smarter than the entire P4 crew, they might be right about that based on this

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Does the superboss increase in level alongside you?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pretty sure the NG+ boss is a set level of difficulty regardless of your level, so trying to beat it early is inadvisable. No idea about Reaper.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

God drat do I wish that the crafting interface had a tick for each tool you've personally made for the trophy because I must have had Kawakami make an item on this save and I can't figure out which one it is, which is a nightmare in terms of grinding because having to go far another 10 red phosphorus to figure out if it's the reserve ammo is bad bad bad times because I have at least one of every kind of craft so process of elimination doesn't work by just looking at what I do or don't have in my inventory.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

God drat do I wish that the crafting interface had a tick for each tool you've personally made for the trophy because I must have had Kawakami make an item on this save and I can't figure out which one it is, which is a nightmare in terms of grinding because having to go far another 10 red phosphorus to figure out if it's the reserve ammo is bad bad bad times because I have at least one of every kind of craft so process of elimination doesn't work by just looking at what I do or don't have in my inventory.

Same, so very same.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
nanako would be 11 in persona 5 people are insane

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Those theories all came about when the only thing we knew about the year the game took place in was that the calendar said 20XX

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You can find Regents in the sixth palace? What an odd place to find one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just gotta blitz through NG+ to get an high enough level to kill Bonus boss then I platinum'd the game.

gonna take a while, probably :negative:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 28, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
You might want to spoiler the name of that superboss.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

You might want to spoiler the name of that superboss.

Good point, sorry. Brainfart.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I don't know if it's that much of a spoiler to mention that boss, since both P3 and P4 had NG+ boss fights against the Velvet Room attendants of those games.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Doc Morbid posted:

I don't know if it's that much of a spoiler to mention that boss, since both P3 and P4 had NG+ boss fights against the Velvet Room attendants of those games.

Liz wasn't really a fight so much as an incredibly obscure puzzle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Just gotta blitz through NG+ to get an high enough level to kill Bonus boss then I platinum'd the game.

Assuming you've fused together some hyper-immune monster (like the Yoshitsune everyone uses) do an early run at the boss. Last a certain number of turns (I think I got 11 at level 19) and you'll get a +50% exp ring. I used that and did stuff normally until 30-something when I could survive a round of gun+fire. Obviously make sure you gallows your persona up to 99 and ditch your party because they're useless.