Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

AnonSpore posted:

I don't know if any court of law would call what happened "murder"

Manslaughter 1

All the events leading up to the game are covered. Just enjoy the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhq8XUQEsHs

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The prequel comics explain how is that everything went down.

AnonSpore posted:

I don't know if any court of law would call what happened "murder"

I guess I should read these comics too. Somebody did say they were really good.

Still, in the story, Bruce puts it pretty bluntly and made it seem like he absolutely hates Damian. It sounded pretty bad. so I assumed murder.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

NikkolasKing posted:

I guess I should read these comics too. Somebody did say they were really good.

Still, in the story, Bruce puts it pretty bluntly and made it seem like he absolutely hates Damian. It sounded pretty bad. so I assumed murder.

That is just Bruce's signature overreaction.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

There's a LOT that happens between the two to build a lasting enmity between them, and both sides have some justification for their feelings. Bruce is a self-righteous, tunnel-visioned knob and Damian is his father's son.

They're pretty much the same person on each side of a conflict, and it can be interesting to see.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Speaking of Nightwing's death, here's a write-up I did on every DC character death in the Injustice timeline as of this week's comic.

Miss ya, Alfred.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Also wow, 33 minutes of intro dialogue just for Batman. That's an impressive amount of voice.

It always amuses me when someone has a sweet enough retort that the best the follow-up can do is something along the lines of "oh yeah?" or "we'll see."

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 28, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
No DLC announcements

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Batman is pissed off because his ideal of what his son should be (Dick) was killed by his lovely actual son (Damian), who proceeds to become a league of shadows style assassin douchebag. I'd disown that turd too.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Damian rules and Dick is a pussy that got owned by a rock.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Going by bio on official site, Joker is still dead as a doorknob. So I guess playable but not featured in story mode(thank god).

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Evil Canadian posted:

Going by bio on official site, Joker is still dead as a doorknob. So I guess playable but not featured in story mode(thank god).

As others have speculated, I would bet dollars to donuts that he shows up for a couple story mode fights as a scarecrow gas hallucination. Batman, Superman, and Harley are all prime candidates.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I dont know posted:

As others have speculated, I would bet dollars to donuts that he shows up for a couple story mode fights as a scarecrow gas hallucination. Batman, Superman, and Harley are all prime candidates.

"had a fear gas nightmare about Joker and for some reason he was talking in French"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

fadam posted:

Damian rules and Dick is a pussy that got owned by a rock.

Damian's a punk-rear end bitch and I laughed real hard when Catwoman owned him.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

"had a fear gas nightmare about Joker and for some reason he was talking in French"

Oh poo poo get Flash, he has experience with this stuff.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

drat, I didn't notice those details about Montoya's death. I thought it was just a piled reaction from all the other deaths. That really sucks

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCVHHrdi3qA

So, either hallucination or main earth Joker.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this is probably the strongest case for Constantine appearing yet. His fingerprints are all over the storyline and he ain't dead yet. poo poo, he could even borrow Trigon for his super move.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I feel like the Injustice 2 comic book tie in is gonna tell it's own story like the other chapters rather than just do the games story. Like I don't expect to see this Evil Batman in the game.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I feel like the Injustice 2 comic book tie in is gonna tell it's own story like the other chapters rather than just do the games story. Like I don't expect to see this Evil Batman in the game.

They've stated that the comic tie in is a prequel story to the game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Taylor, Lee and Boon said during the stream that the book would fill the gap between the ending of the first game and would lead to the sequel's events.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

FunkMonkey posted:

They've stated that the comic tie in is a prequel story to the game.

So was Injustice 1, but there are plenty of story lines that resolve themselves within the comic without having any impact on the game story line.

This Jason Todd story line could easily resolve itself outside of any game context.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

The Fool posted:

So was Injustice 1, but there are plenty of story lines that resolve themselves within the comic without having any impact on the game story line.

This Jason Todd story line could easily resolve itself outside of any game context.

Yes? That is indeed what a prequel is. I'm not sure of your point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know I'm a weirdo for liking Injustice 1 Joker but I for one thought this Joker looked real fun. Much like 1 he'll probably not be my main by any means, but I'll enjoy him if he plays near the same.

Also I kinda dig the whole 'crazy hobo style' he has going on.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I think the most jarring this about the new Joker look is that he's about 20 years younger

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This Summer: Son of Joker

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

I think the most jarring this about the new Joker look is that he's about 20 years younger

I think that's mainly the glam hair. He has the face of someone in his 40s, or someone who has serious premature aging. Then again, it sounds like he's also just a hallucination story-wise, so his apparent age may be irrelevant.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

sexpig by night posted:

This Summer: Son of Joker

L'enfant du Joker

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

sexpig by night posted:

I know I'm a weirdo for liking Injustice 1 Joker but I for one thought this Joker looked real fun. Much like 1 he'll probably not be my main by any means, but I'll enjoy him if he plays near the same.

Also I kinda dig the whole 'crazy hobo style' he has going on.

Very much :same: to all of that, Injustice 1 Joker might have been bottom tier and hell 2 could be as well, but a character being bad has never stopped me from playing or enjoying them.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So my minor observations with joker is

-Trait is now you just do animation, get the speed boost. Counter part completely removed thus making it infinitely more usable in a real match.
-Can now MB gunshot for a launcher
-MB gas canisters seem to come out much faster, so more like erron black now.
-Can combo after super like Green arrow used to in igau
-Crowbar now full screen move, ex for armour it seems?

*ed*

Just due to the fact his trait is actually usable now, has probably saved him from worst character status. Now as for who new worst character is will remain to be seen.

*ed again*

Different character note, but I am now much more sold on Wonder Womans trait. Yes its one of 5 random buffs each time you activate, but the activation timer is actually quite long compared to most other install style traits, and it basically doesn't have any recovery timer, you can basically just always have one of the buffs up for the duration of the match.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 29, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I smiled at this B-Money intro:

B: A fear gas hallucination?

J: Yes, but don't let Scarecrow know I told you.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I figured there would be one or two intros per character combo, but this shows there's way more than I expected. By like a crazy amount. There's a lot of line reuse, and I'm sure everyone has a lot of that, but it's still impressive.

I can't wait to see how long the inevitable "all intro dialogue" video ends up being after all the DLC is out.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
There was a strong implication in the batman v scarecrow dialogue that it isn't Crane.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jimmy Hats posted:

There was a strong implication in the batman v scarecrow dialogue that it isn't Crane.

i cant believe scarecrow is jason todd

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jimmy Hats posted:

That would make sense, since Crane is loving dead.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Kelp Plankton posted:

i cant believe scarecrow is jason todd

Unfortunately the other line implies he recently learned that Batman is Bruce Wayne, preventing perhaps the worst best swerve ever

Scarecrow takes off the bag to reveal a red hood, which he takes off to reveal the arkham knight's helmet, which he takes off to reveal a second, smaller red hood.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 29, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

it would be weird if someone only recently learned Batman's identity, since Superman revealed it on twitter before Injustice 1

maybe scarecrow doesnt have a smartphone

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Kelp Plankton posted:

it would be weird if someone only recently learned Batman's identity, since Superman revealed it on twitter before Injustice 1

maybe scarecrow doesnt have a smartphone

Probably when they mean he learned it. Around 15 minutes or so in that video he says he used to fear the batman, but nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne. I would guess that Jason Todd would not say that.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Okay this sounds kinda mean to poor Bizarro. I've only ever really seen him in the DCAU but he sounds similar enough here. He is Luthor's creation and mentally challenged. But Luthor just gets him killed because reasons.

The game made Luthor sound like a stand-up hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

I don't know if it'd be cool or not if he turned out to be Hugo Strange.

• Locked thread