Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

HyperPuma posted:

it came out today

fact but no point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Cool, Amazon missed my shipping too. gently caress them gently caress this

Spellman
May 31, 2011

drat it, I think the NES Classic was available on Best Buy for approximately 5 seconds because I had it in my cart at the stroke of 3pm and my session crashed and they're all gone now

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Bombadilillo posted:

fact but no point?

that list tracks like the sale velocity or some poo poo its not absolute numbers. any new game is going to shoot up the list

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

HyperPuma posted:

that list tracks like the sale velocity or some poo poo its not absolute numbers. any new game is going to shoot up the list

fact with a point.

Now I know what you meant, and learned a thing.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Squashing Machine posted:

Same, I think I'm done pre ordering through Amazon. This and the previous 2 games I ordered from through Amazon Prime all shipped after 12pm on release day, basic ground service from the other side of the country. Has Amazon closed down all their distribution centers in western Canada or something?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

my amazon order also got pushed back to sunday (which ill believe when i see it)

ive had good luck with them on game preorders, dunno why they seemingly dropped the ball so hard on mario kart

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Squashing Machine posted:

I'm just going to a store and buy the game, then once my Amazon copy arrives I'll return that one back to the store.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

My amazon one got delivered with the mailman like they always do. So YMMV?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sure is nice not depending on other people to get me a game I can easily obtain at any time ~*d i g i t a l l y *~

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

HyperPuma posted:

Is that accurate? I haven't seen anywhere stating that's the case.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo if you're an idiot like me and know nothing about Mario Kart: Doing the Grand Prix in 150cc will copy over any stars down to 100 & 50 cc.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Q: did they confirm DLC for MK8:D?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo if you're an idiot like me and know nothing about Mario Kart: Doing the Grand Prix in 150cc will copy over any stars down to 100 & 50 cc.

W H A T

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

So does that mean I can just skip to 150-200cc for unlocks?

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

HyperPuma posted:

Kashuno posted:

Is that accurate? I haven't seen anywhere stating that's the case.

That was the yearly bestsellers list that tracked cumulative performance for the calendar year. This is the monthly best sellers list updated daily. This is the daily best sellers list that's updated hourly.

MK8D has overtaken the Switch version of Breath of the Wild as Amazon's best selling game for the year so far.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Funkmaster General posted:

The best carrying case is the special edition Zelda one.

Seriously it owns.

Excuuuuuuuuse me

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

f..f.fu..FUCKKKKKK

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It prints money.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Not to downplay it, but keep in mind that MK8D isn't split between 3 versions and likely doesn't have as many people picking it up in brick & mortar stores as many probably did along with a console for BotW.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

which game started this? haven't played since double dash and didn't get too into that one but this is dope.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Started a goon lobby with 150cc and everything standard, no limit on races, etc.
1602-1016-5291

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Tempura Wizard posted:

Not to downplay it, but keep in mind that MK8D isn't split between 3 versions and likely doesn't have as many people picking it up in brick & mortar stores as many probably did along with a console for BotW.

Sure, but it's still nice to see it selling so well despite being a rerelease. Online games on new consoles need all the players they can get.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It seems like neither Zelda nor Mario can stand up to the illustrious 10$ psn card though. Nintendoomed indeed.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Hopefully the fact that MK8 is selling incredibly well will encourage them to just port every single good WiiU game to the Switch from now until the holiday season. Captain Toad Deluxe please.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

that would be nice

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bill Barber posted:

Captain Toad Deluxe please.

Maybe this time we can play as the bird

I'd really enjoy it if all the Wii U gems made it over so people wouldn't put me in a straightjacket every time I said it's a good console.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Pre order Super Mario Odyssey and get a port of Super Mario 3D World a la Windwaker.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Mine got pushed back to Weds from Amazon. However, they were very accommodating in giving me the 20% amount as credit towards the digital version. So, yay, MK8D for me today!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hadn't bought a Wii U and the number of games for that platform that I want to play that I don't know if they would ever come to the Switch is really holding me back from buying a Switch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bill Barber posted:

Hopefully the fact that MK8 is selling incredibly well will encourage them to just port every single good WiiU game to the Switch from now until the holiday season. Tokyo Mirage Sessions Deluxe please.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
My god... okay, well at least I am not the only one that had my Amazon MK8D order delayed until Wednesday.

Oh well, I still have more Zelda to play, and I guess I can fire up the Wii U version?

I am going to complain and see if they give me any additional Amazon credit for the inconvenience since I spend like 5K a year at Amazon

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Astro7x posted:

My god... okay, well at least I am not the only one that had my Amazon MK8D order delayed until Wednesday.

Oh well, I still have more Zelda to play, and I guess I can fire up the Wii U version?

I am going to complain and see if they give me any additional Amazon credit for the inconvenience since I spend like 5K a year at Amazon

I spend over 35k a year at Amazon and I had to go through 3 different reps just to get a free month of prime after their Lazer shipper threw my mk8 in the bushes this morning.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lol that people still keep buying release day games over Amazon and expecting to actually get it on release day.

Just loving find a friend that has a Best Buy Gamers Club card and get 20% that way, jesus christ

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Gamestop's Senior Director of Merchandising, who said that the Switch continues to outsell predictions and that anyone hoping to grab one from a physical store is going to have to be quick.

"It's exceeding our expectations," he said. "We knew it would be a high demand product, but our Switch allocations are selling out not in days, but in hours...the demand is so high that consumers have to react quickly to be able to get their hands on them."

D E A D C O N S O L E

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hadn't bought a Wii U and the number of games for that platform that I want to play that I don't know if they would ever come to the Switch is really holding me back from buying a Switch

The best sandbox adventure game ever made and the best racing game ever made are just the first two major releases. It's already worth it.

MK8D is a port and it's one of the best selling games they've had in years and it's only 4pm day of release. They've gotta be popping champagne corks at HQ right now. They'd be crazy to look at this example and not port the Wii U Mario games, Bayonetta, etc. They'd get to double dip AND boast a huge library. That's genius.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

LOL if you didn't immediately jump into 200cc single player. 150cc seems so slow now :cool:

Edit: also the best way to just get all the *s done without having to redo it all a bunch. Except Mirror, you have to still do those after 200cc.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 28, 2017

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Louisgod posted:

lol that people still keep buying release day games over Amazon and expecting to actually get it on release day.

Just loving find a friend that has a Best Buy Gamers Club card and get 20% that way, jesus christ

I'm lazy and want to not drive my car. If I get a game a few days late no big deal I have plenty in my backlog anyway. The discount it nice but the real perk is not having to get off my rear end. As much as digital is fun, it's nice to have a giant stack of games by the end of a consoles life. It's also nice to lend a game to a friend. By end of console life I'm deleting digital titles left and right trying to make room if I go all digital.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The best sandbox adventure game ever made and the best racing game ever made are just the first two major releases. It's already worth it.

Wow I had no idea you liked Fast RMX so much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Louisgod posted:

1) This is the first time not getting release day shipping on a game. A game I already have on another system. No biggie.

2) gently caress sales tax

• Locked thread