Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Scruffpuff posted:

Lots of people have already done things CIG can't do. Ideas are useless without execution.

GoodSpaceGames : Transformers :: StarCitizen : GoBots

gently caress you. I was poor as a kid and Transformers were only for the rich people. Hell, I couldn't even T-Pose one if I wanted.

(Who now apparently go to Frye Festivals and have to fight off wild dingoes trying to eat their bread and cheese "gourmet" meals)

Furthermore, Cy-Kill for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
No I can't do it, I like them both

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:lol:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

We could totally argue if you like though, I mean after all the vive is a piece of poo poo!

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

No I can't do it, I like them both

Better arguments were had with my wife when I told her I was spending $800 bucks on a face brick. I was desperate enough to use the line... "It will help with your golf swing"

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

At first I was like, "28 seconds, I'm not ready to invest that much time in a Star Citizen video." Then it wasn't really a Star Citizen video, and all was well.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

DarkRefreshment posted:

Better arguments were had with my wife when I told her I was spending $800 bucks on a face brick. I was desperate enough to use the line... "It will help with your golf swing"

I had no discussions, after the DK1 and 2 my destiny was always to wear a face brick

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Leaked Star Citizen footage of tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2eAT2sgISA

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I take it back, my hero is actually that other guy who is apparently a serial rich people scammer.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/858005922022555648

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Chaps and chapettes, some of whom are luxury passenger liners in a state of 'sinking' 'going down'.

From Asp Explorer on the Fdev forums:

quote:

I think they may have larger problems looming.

Word mark:
ROBERTS SPACE INDUSTRIES
Status/Status Date:
ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED
1/2/2017

Applicant has not submitted proof of use in commerce to the USPTO.

Is this something?

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 28, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

I give it 4 out of 5 Alaskan Pipelines

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Sabreseven posted:

Chaps and chapettes, some of whom are luxury passenger liners in a state of 'sinking' 'going down'.

Is this something?

Quick Derek!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Thoatse posted:

I give it 4 out of 5 Alaskan Pipelines

Stupid goonie!

More proof you just DON'T understand game development. I think you need to refactor your knowledgebase.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

what the f is fdev

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

BMan posted:

I take it back, my hero is actually that other guy who is apparently a serial rich people scammer.

I'm totally down for this job, and I wouldn't even feel bad about it.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

anyone else just get a really long multiple page email from Crobbers himself?
somebody do a tl;dr

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

what the f is fdev

http://www.frontier.co.uk/

Guys who make Elite.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Sabreseven posted:

Is this something?

Highly competent company just forgot to renew is my guess.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Sabreseven posted:

Is this something?

Doesn't look like anything important to me. They still have the mark for their stupid game and related internet poo poo. Just don't have the mark for action figures and non-BDSSE-related poo poo (because they couldn't provide proof of the use of the alleged trademark in commerce to secure it).

EDIT: See here.

MinorInconvenience fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 28, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

XK posted:

That I've gotten this many responses on blind flailing in VR causing problems, in this thread alone, in 30 minutes, suggests that I'm totally correct in thinking everyone will smash into things while using VR. I don't even understand how you don't stomp on the wires and rip them out.

You're basically blindfolding yourself and throwing your body around. You might as well be sleepwalking while dreaming you're in an MMO fight.

Why hasn't any video game website ever done an article on this? I'd be more worried about punching my stove while in VR than whether my gender was properly represented in an FPS.

Yes, people have written about it. http://www.usgamer.net/articles/will-virtual-reality-kill-us-all

Of course VR blindness was solved 20 years ago, just get someone to build you one of these babies:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

XK posted:

Ship-to-ship docking being removed seems like it would impair a tremendous amount of Citizens' imagined scenarios. If that's removed, then you basically have the final version of boarding already in game, and it is unworkable garbage.

Star Citizen: you basically have the final version of [feature] already in game, and it is unworkable garbage.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

New rant is out from CR in the email letter.

Favorite parts so far:

Mentioning the sale of the Defender and how it could change before release then going on to

quote:

Speaking of the sale, I wanted to take a few minutes to discuss why we do things like Concept and Flight Ready Sales as I see occasional discussion about why we are still raising money after collecting almost $150M from crowdfunding. My challenge to the community was “YOU set the ambition by your level of support.” We have been holding our side of the bargain ever since. It’s why we have grown to 428 employees worldwide over the past year and are still looking for more talented developers

It's YOUR fault the game isn't out yet, you've given us too much loving money. Also, now they are at 428 people?!?! JESUS

quote:

Our profit is seeing how many more gameplay possibilities there are in Star Citizen today compared to two years ago or even when I first pitched Star Citizen 4½ years ago, but it was your enthusiasm that inspired us and gave us the freedom to get it done right, rather than just get it done.

4.5 years?? Now he's doing blatant revisionism of the date.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yes, people have written about it. http://www.usgamer.net/articles/will-virtual-reality-kill-us-all

Of course VR blindness was solved 20 years ago, just get someone to build you one of these babies:

Can't wait to post that on my Tinder.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Wise Learned Man posted:

Star Citizen: you basically have the final version of [feature] already in game, and it is unworkable garbage.

Well, yeah, that's true.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Facebook Aunt posted:

i like that the article mentions 'mario party stigmata' because i didn't have a name for it before now

XK
Jul 9, 2001

DarkRefreshment posted:

New rant is out from CR in the email letter.

Favorite parts so far:

Mentioning the sale of the Defender and how it could change before release then going on to

It's YOUR fault the game isn't out yet, you've given us too much loving money. Also, now they are at 428 people?!?! JESUS

428, good to know.

Also, I went to McDonald's and they said over a billion people bought burgers from them, therefore the scope expanded and I had to wait longer for my food.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

428 people is a lot of people to make my burger. Where's my loving burger?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
CIG has new merch for sale and they are making it so you can only buy 1 item at a time, and are charging exorbitant shipping prices on each item purchased

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/684qon/new_merchandize/

$13 dollars for shipping and handling on a $15 t-shirt

also store credit doesn't cover shipping and handling fee's

and of course limited merch for people who dont already pay them a tithe

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 28, 2017

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

quote:

Our profit is seeing how many more gameplay possibilities there are in Star Citizen today compared to two years ago or even when I first pitched Star Citizen 4½ years ago, but it was your enthusiasm that inspired us and gave us the freedom to get it done right, rather than just get it done.

I fail to see how anything CIG has done is even remotely in the ballpark of "done right."

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

DarkRefreshment posted:

But wasn't the kickstarter launched almost exactly 4.5 years ago? October 2012?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Mousepad is 15 bucks. 28 dollars extra for shipping and handling. Can only buy one item at a time. Lmao

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Mousepad is 15 bucks. 28 dollars extra for shipping and handling. Can only buy one item at a time. Lmao

I love this dead gay videogame scam

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I love this dead gay videogame scam

Also only fresh cash for the shipping n handling.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Limited merch for people who dont already pay them a tithe

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I can't even

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

quote:

You didn’t back Star Citizen to be a ‘safe’ Space Sim. You didn’t back it for a game you would play for a few weeks and then discard. You backed it for its ambition, the shared dream of a seamless space sim where you can go from flying a ship to walking around inside one, to space walking, to touching down on a planet and stepping outside, all at a level of detail and scale never seen before. You backed it to have a destination to escape to with your friends for many years to come. I am 100% confident that one of the reasons why we have raised so much money is because we dreamed big. When we debuted the “Imagine” trailer back in Dec 2014, it was a dream of the future, but now with your support we are on the cusp of realizing that dream far more literally than anyone could have imagined.

Hell the whole thing is like a pep rally speech. And the last 2 sentences have 3 usages of the word "dream".

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's like the shittiest Ebay trick in the book, buy a pair of shoes for £30 and pay £20 shipping, even for CIG it's a bold new move into online scammeroonies

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nicholas posted:

CIG has new merch for sale and they are making it so you can only buy 1 item at a time, and are charging exorbitant shipping prices on each item purchased

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/684qon/new_merchandize/

$13 dollars for shipping and handling on a $15 t-shirt

also store credit doesn't cover shipping and handling fee's

and of course limited merch for people who dont already pay them a tithe

The mouse pad costs $15 to ship. What a company.

efb, Wish they had that stupid little figurine available. Would have loved to see how much that is to ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

MinorInconvenience posted:

But wasn't the kickstarter launched almost exactly 4.5 years ago? October 2012?

Yeah but it's been stated before that he started work on it well before the Kickstarter and they were collecting money before that on their website. So I question his date of "pitching" it