Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

bilperkins2 posted:

Eiko BSB + Chant + Refia BSB haver here checking in. Good stuff.

4/11 adds Delita's BSB to that. (as well as Tailwind x2 and a third Coral Sword to combine for a +++)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Does Genji Glove reoccur? I've missed it every time it comes up, but it seems to come up a lot.

Will Cloud's USB?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

pichupal posted:

From Reddit, the Tyro OSB/30 post.

Keep in mind that Japan is getting a free Tyro USB that's slightly weaker but has a Hastega attached and you'll see how bad this pull is.

Just imagine clicking through all those 3* and 4* orbs, thinking the 6* might still be something good, only to find a lukewarm turd.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Does Genji Glove reoccur? I've missed it every time it comes up, but it seems to come up a lot.

Will Cloud's USB?

Cloud's USB will recur in Japan's 30th Anniversary Fest happening right now, on the PS era banner. I'd normally be careful of fest related reappearances, but the 15 Main Character USBs are extremely likely to recur.

Genji Glove doesn't come back in the Meliadoul event, but the other popular Crit damage buff, Zack's Wind Limit Chain, is on the Cloud USB banner and comes back on the Dirge of Cerberus 2 banner, and the Magicite Wind/Water banner.

Zack's Limit Chain is Party ATK +50%, Party Crit Multiplier +0.5, and Wind Chain. It's a little weird for a Chain SB since it does no damage, but it's the perfect partner to Cloud USB.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

They didn't really even get any usable 4*s, since you typically don't need any 4* weapons and there's only two armor in the mess. If they'd gotten twenty 4*s, it would have at least been something, but even the crap is terrible.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
nuthin but some healer ssb from the first fft banner. was kind of hoping for ramzas usb because my ramza is already a loving monster. anything particularly noteworthy from 2?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Farg posted:

anything particularly noteworthy from 2?

what's your opinion on orlandeau?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is orlandeau the first character to get his first super soul break AFTER a burst and an overstrike?

or was it on his original banners and i just didn't notice it

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

bilperkins2 posted:

This...grabbed chant on my dollar pull. I also have shout and sg and lots of other toys. Ready for the next few months!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

one thing I keep underappreciating about chant is the damage bubble. I focus on the crit damage and forget that it comes package with basically a reverse medica.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

bilperkins2 posted:

i have this combo but ive never used it. seems like a lot of overkill potential when the damage cap is 9999

what the ETA on cloud's USB?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

what the ETA on cloud's USB?

I'm pretty sure it's the event immediately after the next scheduled banner update maintenance, so about a month and a half to two months out.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the squall bsb2 banner is like 3 or 4 weeks out too right that's something worth throwing a pull at

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Nihilarian posted:

dunno if I want to pull on this given the next like, 5 DU Lucky Draws are going to include FFT.

Yeah Ramza USB is pretty nice but I have soooooo much FFT synergy that over half of this banner is dupes. Banner 2 is a bit better, but aside from Orlandeau OSB or the Mustadio BSB I don't know if I really care about anything on it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cowcaster posted:

the squall bsb2 banner is like 3 or 4 weeks out too right that's something worth throwing a pull at

It's probably the single best straight BSB combo with Cloud USB RW against a neutral element.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

gently caress this loving game sometimes.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
yeah its not the big winners but thats 5 good stat items instead of the 1 you could have gotten

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

yeah its not the big winners but thats 5 good stat items instead of the 1 you could have gotten

Chant is the big winner, it's just a long term play. :colbert:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
All dupes besides Tailwind.

e: One of my pulls on the last FFT banner was 5 pieces of armour as well. I really am set on FFT stat items tbh.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Since I have both Chant and Shout (and Ramza's BSB), what's the most optimal play? I've mostly just been sticking with Shout and ignoring the others, should that change once Cloud USB happens?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Uncle Ulty posted:

Since I have both Chant and Shout (and Ramza's BSB), what's the most optimal play? I've mostly just been sticking with Shout and ignoring the others, should that change once Cloud USB happens?

I really, really want chant for torment dungeons, where you'll have multiple bars available so you can easily use both.

Almost everything else is probably easy enough that you can ignore chant.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Pander posted:

what's your opinion on orlandeau?

my opinion is i got his osb

Also! Could anyone give me advice on what abilities I should be trying to get/hone? I have what feels like a pretty good A team almost set up, by I feel like I'm missing a ton in terms of abilities and coverage

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/SeKe#tab_abilities

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
always save everything. it is the same as any RPG.If you don't finish the game with a maxed out inventory of consumables and crafting materials then you are doing it wong.

Don't spend orbs now because you might need them later.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
megalixers are just trophies to be displayed, never used

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Honing Lifesiphon to rank 4 would give me the edge I need to win this Ult++ fight, but... *glances nervously at pile of 2000 GPOs*

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is this banner worth a pull if I don't have any dupes? My FFT synergy is pretty good, but I don't have any medica options, which means even some of the "bad" relics on this banner wouldn't be too terrible.

It's tough because I want to save enough to get in some good pulling on the Extreme Fest, but there are a bunch of neat banners I want to throw a pull at coming up, like the Squall BSB banner and maybe the Cloud USB, plus whatever lucky draws show up between now and then.

Should I make a pull here, or stay strong?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yes.

To rephrase it less assholishly, we've reached the point where almost any dupe-free draw is only bad relative to other draws, not relative to the overall quality of relics. The relics are good, power creep will always make them better.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Is this banner worth a pull if I don't have any dupes? My FFT synergy is pretty good, but I don't have any medica options, which means even some of the "bad" relics on this banner wouldn't be too terrible.

It's tough because I want to save enough to get in some good pulling on the Extreme Fest, but there are a bunch of neat banners I want to throw a pull at coming up, like the Squall BSB banner and maybe the Cloud USB, plus whatever lucky draws show up between now and then.

Banner 2 is super freaking tempting, but I think I'm gonna hold off. The upcoming banners are looking better and better from my perspective, and I really want to make sure I have enough for a few pulls on Cloud's god banner.

I'd say it just depends on how your Tactics synergy is going, though. Tactics is probably my best realm since I have all the core tools, so I'd really just be trying to build up those characters for other realms. Ramza USB and genji gloves would be great, but gently caress chasing on banners where I have dupes.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

1) Rafa's stuff represents the first mage gear for FFT besides the ice rod from the very first banner. It's also a very good BSB, independent of that fact.
2) Genji Glove will have utility for a while, on a goddamn excellent character.
3) Delita's BSB is a good source of damage for multiple elements, and synergizes with +crit chance stuff like Eiko or Zell BSB. It's not world-breaking but it's solid.
4) Healer BSB is healer BSB.
5) Lambent hat is sneaky useful, especially if you lack a medica.
6) USB is good, albeit not god tier like some USBs will be.
7) I don't use tailwind much anymore cause chant basically outclasses it in every respect, but if I didn't have chant I'd probably use it more. It's alright.

I mean there really aren't any duds if you don't already have a dupe, and given the lasting power of some of the stuff here it's worth a pull if you at all enjoy FFT stuff.

Pander fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 29, 2017

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Got three bursts on my FFT pull. Confirming that Shout + Chant + Eiko BSB + Delita BSB is nuts.

I'm also enjoying the Rapha and Ovelia bursts.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

If you:

1) Have Eiko's BSB
2) Don't have Raines BSB (or some other absurd combination, but Raines is the closest analogue by far)
3) Don't have a good ATK/Mag buff for hybrid squads
4) have Refia's BSB
5) are short on various physical elemental coverage and would like a Swiss Army knife that's "Good enoigh" for a whole lot of coverage

Consider pulling here.

(This is an OR list, not an AND list, though multiple entries increases the strength of the argument to pull.)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Have they said anything about the people getting the black screen of death? Because I still am

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

CaptainPsyko posted:

It's probably the single best straight BSB combo with Cloud USB RW against a neutral element.

It actually isn't, from purely logistical reasons.

1. Cloud's EX Mode lasts 15 seconds and takes ~5 seconds of total round time to summon (ATB + actual SB charge time).
2. Squall's BSB2 burst mode lasts 15 seconds (and unlike most bursts, you lose any Junction stacks if you refresh the burst early) and takes ~5 seconds of total round time to summon.
3. Unless you get lucky with doublecasts, you have to use Command 1 three times in order to actually make Command 2 amazing.

Those three factors mean that regardless of how you slice it, unless you get lucky with doublecast procs, you're going to lose either EX Mode or Burst Mode before you can get off more than one Command 2, possibly before you can use any of them.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

wizard on a water slide posted:

Have they said anything about the people getting the black screen of death? Because I still am

They have not.

I didn't get the black screen, but mine just showed the log in circle (Android) and then never loaded. I just finally got in on my phone after logging in via a VPN, so they must have hosed something up big time if that matters.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Schwartzcough posted:

Japan is getting a free 30-pull.

Yes.

You pull, and you get 30 relics.

Yes.

It's free.

It comes with a guaranteed OSB.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/67u1pn/jp_free_30pull_gacha_for_golden_week/

Edit:
And initial reports seem to indicate that the banners will each have 4 6* relics, and TEN BSBs. And that's it. No SSBs or LMRs.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/67u6ot/jp_preliminary_ff30th_fest_banner_data/

Since it's for the 30th anniversary of Final Fantasy maybe if we're extremely lucky we'll get it too? Probably not, but here's hoping. :pray:

Varance posted:

Dreadwyrm Trance for Alphinaud. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Also funny because it uses Wildfire mechanics for the big hit when trance ends.

iPodschun posted:

Lifesiphoning to OSB-spam isn't a bad idea. You could also go Lifesiphon+Full Charge if you want the buff to work with a damage ability.
Yeah. Cloud USB's buff gives 100% crit and Chant will boost the crit damage.

Here's a fun video with Cloud USB + Chant for Orlandu BSB on a Holy-weak boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM6ndMP_YCY

Part of me wants to try and chase chant but I know it'd be a mistake. Being able to just erase bosses with Orlandu or Refia is really tempting though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Some saying Refia makes me unsure if you mean the kickass girl from FF3, or this new Rapha chick from FFT.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Some saying Refia makes me unsure if you mean the kickass girl from FF3, or this new Rapha chick from FFT.

FF3. FFT's Rapha is a mage so the crit stuff and Cloud's USB doesn't apply to her, IIRC.

Prism fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 29, 2017

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Kickass girl from FF3's BSB + Chant is really good damage. She gets to do 250% damage 50% of the time. 100% of the time with Cloud's USB.

Rapha BSB is a lightning element Cid Raines BSB that trades some DPS for party healing (and a lack of access to wrath).

So in terms of this banner, either one is relevant.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I actually do have Refia's BSB and Ramza with Shout and Chant, but usually Ramza Shouts and then by the time he's got the SB bar rebuilt he needs to shout again or the boss is almost dead.

And Rapha's BSB is that strong? I thought maybe with the lack of an en-element buff it'd hit weaker. Or does the +Mag make up for it (does it not stack with anything?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Galaga Galaxian posted:

And Rapha's BSB is that strong? I thought maybe with the lack of an en-element buff it'd hit weaker. Or does the +Mag make up for it (does it not stack with anything?).
Rapha's BSB is directly analogous to Raines. She doesn't have noncharge on her command 1, but she has a heal on it instead, adding utility instead of pure DPS, and her elements are a tad safer since she's lightning/non so it can't be resisted.

• Locked thread