Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I recently found out my girlfriend has a box of mementos from past relationships. I was a little bothered by it, but understand that those relationships shaped her to be the person she is today.

Well one day she was working late and in a moment of weakness I looked through the box. I understand this broke her trust, but what's done is done. The issue is what I found inside the box. There were the usual notes and pictures and whatnot. There were also multiple condoms, with a note card stapled to each one. The note cards all had a name, a date, and a number under it. I figured out the name and date pretty quick, but am still confused as to what the number means. Number of orgasms? Rating the guy? I don't know.

There was a condom for me in there and I realized from the date that it was from the first time we had sex. I'm guessing the other condoms are the same thing. And thinking back - we had sex in her apartment and I just threw the condom in the trash. She must have fished it out later.

This is serial killer type poo poo, right? How can I confront her on this without admitting I broke her trust?

Good luck trying to pretend you didn't do that and that you don't know what you know now and trying to play it cool whenever she brings up a past boyfriend and eventually thinking that it'll be alright to let slip that you looked through her personal stuff and her getting rightfully upset that you snooped and her never being able to trust you again and eventually dumping you.

Good luck with all of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

"holy poo poo this guy from 2012 made her cum 1980275392 times! I can't measure up to that!"

Pfft, someone hasn't heard about playing with a little thing called her vagina. :smug:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pfft, someone hasn't heard about playing with a little thing called her vagina. :smug:

I have a hot scoop from my sources that it's all about the bellybuttons now.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Could the numbers be your size? Grab a ruler and find out!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Weight of genitals in troy ounces

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm imagining this woman humming merrily as she washes stale cum out of condoms and hangs them on a clothesline to dry

Also the numbers are probably the order

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

walmart goon have you considered eating expired meat and shutting out your colon like that other gbs hobo?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I didn't know Pick had a boyfriend.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Leavemywife posted:

Could the numbers be your size? Grab a ruler and find out!

I was thinking the same, but he didn't mention what the range of numbers were.

walgreenslatino posted:

Also the numbers are probably the order

Seems like the dates on the cards would be enough for that, and that the guy would have figured that out on his own if that were true.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Only thing left to do is sneak back in there and actually record the numbers, then report back so the goon collective may solve the numerical dick riddle of boyfriends past

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

loquacius posted:

I made my #1 goal in life to be the best father possible and, drat it, I think I did it

Nope. loving fail.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

Walmart goon please if you do not do this already, buy yourself some swim trunks and wear them while you shower in public before you end up in jail.

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

loquacius posted:

Kid needs a lecture about boundaries and professionalism, needs to be made aware of how badly he screwed over his dad and his family for the sake of a joke that wasn't even funny, and needs to be grounded for a good long time, but spanking him at 13 years old is gonna send the wrong message (that message being "your father is your enemy now")

Lol you have no kids. 13 year olds and "professionalism" lectures. loving snowflake.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Clockwerk posted:

numerical dick riddle of boyfriends past

New thread title

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

timp posted:

Good luck trying to pretend you didn't do that and that you don't know what you know now and trying to play it cool whenever she brings up a past boyfriend and eventually thinking that it'll be alright to let slip that you looked through her personal stuff and her getting rightfully upset that you snooped and her never being able to trust you again and eventually dumping you.

Good luck with all of that

lol just confront her and send another confession with how it went because the relationship is doomed either way

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Orange Cat posted:

Lol you have no kids. 13 year olds and "professionalism" lectures. loving snowflake.

sorry about my word choice :confused: "snowflake" seriously, I didn't know Bruce Tinsley had an SA account

quote:

My extremely wealthy/borderline hoarder Dad died back in October. He had a good life and was a great Dad and his frugal nature and savings meant he sent me to college and paid for it out of pocket, and he also put the down payment on my house when I moved out. I never had an idea of how much money Dad had. He still worked every day despite never needing to, he just kept saving that money.

He passed away from a fast moving cancer. He found out he had it in August, by September we knew it was terminal. My dad shared his will with me, and he left me everything. I have no siblings, Dad never remarried after my Mom passed away, and he was a pretty private guy in general.

My dad left me my childhood home and his car, which are both nice but typical inheritance things. He also left me every penny he had, which amounts to a little over $26 million.

Since getting the inheritance I have sold the old house and everything in it and am keeping the car as a nice weekend drive and memento of my dad.

I have not told a soul about my financial windfall. I don't plan on quitting work, I guess Dad ingrained that into me. But it's incredibly freeing to know that I don't *need* the job, and could quit or be fired and have a safety net for some time.

Honestly probably the healthiest reaction to finding out you're a millionaire

I dunno if being so frugal that you save up 26 million dollars is really a thing, though, you'd still need an actual rich-person job. What did he do for a living?

quote:

3 weeks ago I took a combination of 300mg Robitussin and 300mg Benadryl (that's a full bottle of the tuss gels and like 12 pink pills). The resulting trip led me to thinking very deeply and clearly (though I was still high as hell so I'd get stuck thinking about the threads and the creation of my blanket or the combined lifespan of the trees outside my window, tangentially related thoughts like I think I'm doing right now?) about my life and and my upbringing (I lived with understanding and love, but I felt like a void) and my old habits and new ones and the anxieties I felt constantly and my fears about people, of being hurt and of understanding my place as a single human and the elasticity of the brain in being able to experience pain and move on. The thoughts connected and tied together way better when I was high but I'm sure you get the gist of it. I remembered bits of my childhood I had lost and the feelings I could feel back then that I hadn't felt in ages, purer love and joy and faith in myself and the world, and I had a new sense of how I fit in with the natural and the social worlds around me.

I'm missing an important part of my fesh here which I think would be a buried lede because you can't gleam it from the above ramblings. I've been depressed for the majority of my life and I grew up timid and semi-autistic, unsure and unable to interact with people most of the time because I would just not know how, beyond what I needed to roll by in school. By my teens I realized what I was slowly becoming (I'm 19 now)and tried to break out of my comfort zone and succeeded somewhat (got a girlfriend, tried to socialize more) but my brain was still stuck in its familiar routines of thought and I couldn't break away from them and genuinely experience things like I saw others doing. Around 14 I started experiencing a disquieting sense of unreality when I looked outside and at others too, which I still experience (but I'm better able to handle it) that made the world feel pointless to engage with and attempt to change. I knew I had to change myself and I have known it for a while, but up until my trip I was unable to process what that TRULY meant, like my brain was capable of understanding what was wrong but it was unable to execute any of it successfully (a Chinese room for my humanity). I was generally pretty autistic as a kid (stimming, sensitive to a few sounds/textures, unable to make eye contact, monotone speech, inability to understand different people accept different things in general) but not enough to where I couldn't understand I was hosed or understand I needed to adjust myself.

I think I'm rambling on too much about stuff I don't need to be, but I'm not in a rush to write this. I will try to pop out a nice summary though. All you really need to understand is that during my trip, near the end, and the day right afterwards, I felt like a true human being, like I had experienced what was missing in my mind's malaise. I could understand that I was missing out on my life, that I could truly connect to people and the world if I tried and that pain and joy are necessary experiences, and that I shouldn't fear so much, be so self-conscious, that I could persevere instead of failing and resigning myself to failure. I felt a sense of sublime happiness the morning after my trip, I still saw the color in the world in a truer sense, I felt connected and able to interact with people without struggling internally to engage with them or the world, I felt serenely calm, I didn't fear interacting with people, didn't fear failure, didn't fear heights like I used to. I felt like I had gained a missing piece of myself and I was resolved to not let it go. I'm just happier all around in my life and I feel like I can live it and grow into a real person now. My friends have definitely noticed I'm more pleasant and comfortable with things; when I wake up in the mornings (I can finally sleep at reasonable times) and go to classes or to hang out, see my friends at work or whatever I just feel so much more at peace, and I've noticed when I'm really enjoying myself it feels like I am wearing the smile of the Buddha, like I really understand something impossible to communicate but essential to feel.

It looks like I wrote a loving shitload and I look half-insane but I promise you I am in control of myself and living life happier and with true direction. Drugs can't fix poo poo FOR you but it certainly helped me to gain a deeper understanding of myself, though unless you know what you're doing I wouldn't try to cure your gooniness dropping acid or something. I'm still sensory-sensitive and poo poo, but I understand how to act like I'm not much better, and it helps that it feels like I'm not acting anymore, like I am a real human bean. Get the message, hang up the phone.

TLDR: depressed autist takes drugs; has transformative experience

I'm glad you're feeling better now, but honestly what I'm gleaning from this is that something is a little off in your baseline brain chemistry which these drugs interacted with, and you should probably be on psych medication of some kind. If you start to regress, I'd seek out a psychiatrist rather than self-medicating again. Slight variation on my usual :therapy: advice.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 29, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The timeline does add up, although he could have easily done what I did and googled "how long does it typically take inheritances to be processed", but the fact that he sold the house that fast still seems fishy. Maybe it's a lot faster if it's not contested and there is only one heir :shrug:

Anyway yeah what you're doing is smarter than going out and buying a mansion and some new sports cars and hookers etc but hopefully you're at least investing some of that money. I'd also take a lesson from it and do something with your wealth within reason, both in the sense of enjoying it and spreading it around to worthwhile honest charities. It helps nobody, including yourself, if you follow your dad's hoarding tendencies and just let it gather dust in your savings account.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The timeline does add up, although he could have easily done what I did and googled "how long does it typically take inheritances to be processed", but the fact that he sold the house that fast still seems fishy. Maybe it's a lot faster if it's not contested and there is only one heir :shrug:

Anyway yeah what you're doing is smarter than going out and buying a mansion and some new sports cars and hookers etc but hopefully you're at least investing some of that money. I'd also take a lesson from it and do something with your wealth within reason, both in the sense of enjoying it and spreading it around to worthwhile honest charities. It helps nobody, including yourself, if you follow your dad's hoarding tendencies and just let it gather dust in your savings account.

With a well worded will and only one beneficiary things can move pretty quickly. I'm going to second the "donate to charities" and think you should also donate to some museums in your city that you enjoy. Also hire a CPA and look into some Financial Planners/Advisors. Depending on what the money is invested in, you should really speak to someone about how to invest it to match your needs/goals vs what your dad left you. Other than that I think just every weekend or so taking your dads car out for a leisurely drive is a great way to remember him. Sorry for your loss man.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

With a well worded will and only one beneficiary things can move pretty quickly. I'm going to second the "donate to charities" and think you should also donate to some museums in your city that you enjoy. Also hire a CPA and look into some Financial Planners/Advisors. Depending on what the money is invested in, you should really speak to someone about how to invest it to match your needs/goals vs what your dad left you. Other than that I think just every weekend or so taking your dads car out for a leisurely drive is a great way to remember him. Sorry for your loss man.

Or he can do whatever the gently caress he wants with his inheritance. I'd sit on the money because most charities are revealed to be scams anyway.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
A dissociative plus deliriant cocktail is the sort of combo that leads people to cannibalize their neighbors, so, uh, good job on presumably not doing that, drug goon.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

bradzilla posted:

Or he can do whatever the gently caress he wants with his inheritance. I'd sit on the money because most charities are revealed to be scams anyway.

A convenient belief that means you don't have to give anything. If only there was some way of ascertaining if a charity was legitimate before giving it money!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

therattle posted:

A convenient belief that means you don't have to give anything. If only there was some way of ascertaining if a charity was legitimate before giving it money!

Perhaps we could have some kind of centralized body that we all agreed to give portions of our income or wealth to on a, say, annual basis and they then used that money for the good of everyone, like some kind of "public" good. Like roads, or schools, or fire departments. Things like that. Then everyone could benefit and you wouldn't have to personally vet each individual organization you were thinking about giving money to and you wouldn't have to feel guilty for not giving away more than was required of you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

bradzilla posted:

So start your own. What's the point of accumulating wealth if you don't do anything with it? He's a goon so will probably not have anyone to leave it to.

At least use it to try and become an entrepreneur, or at the very least travel the world and have some good times. Do something with it. Staying at your probably dead-end computer janitor job while sitting on tens of millions of dollars is basically the most depressing life I can think of.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

therattle posted:

But there isn't so he should probably just donate it all to Ja Rule's legal defense fund.

I personally would try not to blow it on dumb stuff but I imagine that this would be an incredibly tough temptation. But your dad taught you not to go crazy with it. Best of luck.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Vynar posted:

But there isn't so he should probably just donate it all to Ja Rule's legal defense fund.

I personally would try not to blow it on dumb stuff but I imagine that this would be an incredibly tough temptation. But your dad taught you not to go crazy with it. Best of luck.

The existence of corrupt charities doesn't mean people should just stop donating to any of them. Not all of them are corrupt, just do your research instead of picking whatever comes up on google for "good charity".

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
He could donate a tiny fraction to Lowtax to keep Shitposting Reservation afloat.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

Perhaps we could have some kind of centralized body that we all agreed to give portions of our income or wealth to on a, say, annual basis and they then used that money for the good of everyone, like some kind of "public" good. Like roads, or schools, or fire departments. Things like that. Then everyone could benefit and you wouldn't have to personally vet each individual organization you were thinking about giving money to and you wouldn't have to feel guilty for not giving away more than was required of you.

Government utilities and taxes aren't charity, my dude.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

bradzilla posted:

If only there were resources or websites of some kind that were all about tracking charities, analyzing how and where the money goes and tracking the controversies and scandals that they are part of. But alas, our internet is not capable of such a miracle.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

quote:

I have not told a soul about my financial windfall. I don't plan on quitting work, I guess Dad ingrained that into me. But it's incredibly freeing to know that I don't *need* the job, and could quit or be fired and have a safety net for some time.

This is poor people thinking for people that don't understand money. If you have millions of dollars, your full time job is to invest and grow that money. Going to your 9-5 is a waste of time and a stupid thing to do. Go back to school, learn about finance and accounting, and then make your money work for you.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Help the poor and disenfranchised by buying drugs and pussy from them.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

The Management posted:

This is poor people thinking for people that don't understand money. If you have millions of dollars, your full time job is to invest and grow that money. Going to your 9-5 is a waste of time and a stupid thing to do. Go back to school, learn about finance and accounting, and then make your money work for you.

This is loser talk. Spend it all on artisanal mayonnaise, drugs, and cars. Enjoy life and die young.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Doctor Malaver posted:

He could donate a tiny fraction to Lowtax to keep Shitposting Reservation afloat.

Rich goon should give like a hundred grand but pull a Carnegie hall or whatever and require it to be used to build a fancy new forum named after him

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

If only there were resources or websites of some kind that were all about tracking charities, analyzing how and where the money goes and tracking the controversies and scandals that they are part of. But alas, our internet is not capable of such a miracle.

Ok I legitimately didn't know this exists. Thanks for the helpful link and not rear end in a top hat snarky response. Oh wait.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
That drug one reminded me of how awesome it used to be to get high, and also how loving boring drug people are if you're not high.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

bradzilla posted:

Ok I legitimately didn't know this exists. Thanks for the helpful link and not rear end in a top hat snarky response. Oh wait.

Yeah, you tell him! It's not like you could have ever googled it yourself. I'm sure you're just so generous and now you'll be donating left and right. Good for you!

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

The Management posted:

Yep. 1% of 26 million is 260K a year. If you can figure out how to grow it 1% more than it would appreciate sitting in a bank, that's worth X of your day jobs. Unless you love your job and want to do it forever, go learn money management.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

bradzilla posted:

Government utilities and taxes aren't charity, my dude.

It's semantics. The whole point of taxes is that we can pool funds to benefit the common good, be it through infrastructure development, public safety, or welfare systems. A charity that builds houses for the underprivileged is functionally no different than low income housing provided by the government through taxation (I mean yes obviously there are differences, but I'm talking ideologically and ideally).

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Adar posted:

Yep. 1% of 26 million is 260K a year. If you can figure out how to grow it 1% more than it would appreciate sitting in a bank, that's worth X of your day jobs. Unless you love your job and want to do it forever, go learn money management.

If I had that kind of money I'd probably stick a large chunk in those Vanguard ETFs everyone jerks off about, and then go to a good business school and study finance to play around with a million or so.

Not to open my own hedge fund or anything, just for the fun of it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

If I had that kind of money I'd probably stick a large chunk in those Vanguard ETFs everyone jerks off about, and then go to a good business school and study finance to play around with a million or so.

Not to open my own hedge fund or anything, just for the fun of it.

That would be good if you're looking to grow it and not live off of it. Even going to school and getting your 7 and 66 isn't usually enough to start managing your own money. Get someone else more knowledgeable in investing to help you with it. Two eyes and minds are better than one. I was an FA for almost a decade and now I'm a banker and I still have an FA of my own to keep me on track.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

bradzilla posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Charity_review_websites

Here's a bunch of them. You can even cross reference if you don't trust the evaluation that one of them gives.