Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

jesus god in heaven

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/858375278686613504

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahah

sniping both trump thrads im so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
dank cheevs bro

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Waterbed Wendy posted:

dank cheevs bro

I totally signed a thing.

Multiple things , in fact.

Great job for me.

(Unintelligible)

WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE LOVE ME?!?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
"so mr. president, what's an accomplishment that you can point to from your first 100 days?"

"GREAT OPTIMISM!"

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

"I truly believe that the first 100 days of my Administration has been just about the most successful in our country's history," Trump says in his weekly address, released Friday, a day ahead of the milestone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7oOmkXYznU

Who knew squinting 24 hours per day to simulate staring into a floodlight eternally could be so complicated?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

I think the issue is that "badly" is an adverb, which modifies the meaning of the verb instead of completing the predicate
i.e. the president meant to express sympathy for michael flynn, but actually said that he's qualitatively poor at the act of feeling for michael flynn

it's a small and technical lol, but it checks out

Side note while we're on the topic of English (well, it's Latin, but):
*i.e. -> e.g.
i.e. is for equating two things, e.g. is for examples.
I had a friend that'd always say he "felt badly" instead of "felt bad" and I still can't figure out if that's actually more correct.

Edit: No wait, obviously "felt badly" just means you're bad at having emotions.

World War Mammories posted:

jesus god in heaven

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/858375278686613504

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahah

sniping both trump thrads im so good

Lol at listing other people's optimism as your accomplishment. "I haven't done anything, but people think I will! How could I be any more successful than that?" Only 140 characters to list off his accomplishments and that's the best he could come up with, lol.

I'll be sad if he ever resigns. I can't imagine Mike Pence will be anywhere near as big league.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 29, 2017

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I used Trump's line about feeling badly to teach my 7th graders the difference between adjectives and adverbs and they got it

Thanks Prez

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

"I truly believe that the first 100 days of my Administration has been just about the most successful in our country's history," Trump says in his weekly address, released Friday, a day ahead of the milestone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7oOmkXYznU

Lol

Then I remembered he has the distinct honor of failing to convince repubs to repeal obamacare

Double lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ROFL Octopus posted:

Lol

Then I remembered he has the distinct honor of failing to convince repubs to repeal obamacare

Double lol

Remember how he sent Bannon to cow the Freedom Caucus and they laughed him out of the room?

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

TotalLossBrain posted:

Why is a county sheriff from Milwaukee attending a Mid-East security conference in Russia?

I too would really love to have a legitimate answer to this question.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
"I have dehumanized millions, but I, the President of the United States, inspires great optimism!"

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

ROFL Octopus posted:

Lol

Double lol

His biggest failure so far. Sad!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
https://twitter.com/burnedyourtweet/status/858355749831016451

poor robots been through a lot :(

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

TotalLossBrain posted:

LOL how? I mean...how could someone? WHAT????

Was the purpose of that statement to come up with the one defining character trait of Trump we've all observed very publicly in the past few months?

I don't know who the host was but he was trying to say that Trump admitting that being president is harder than he thought is admirable and noble.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MC Hawking posted:

I too would really love to have a legitimate answer to this question.

Getting tips.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

drat liberals wanting to replace hardworking American jobs with robots!

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Real life

In a tent deep in the woods of rural Kentucky, an old neo-Nazi spoke bitterly of how he feels “betrayed” by Donald Trump.

“I’m sorry I voted for the son of a bitch, I really am,” said Art Jones, who the Anti-Defamation League identifies as a Holocaust denier who has been dressing in Nazi garb and celebrating Hitler since the 1970s.

“I’m sorry I spent $180 out of my own pocket to buy three big banners that said, ‘President Trump, build the wall’,” the blazer-clad Jones said, to a tent full of about 100 men, some of whom wore paramilitary-style uniforms. “Now he says, ‘Eh, what wall?’ I’m embarrassed that I voted for him.”

Jones blamed Trump’s failures on the “Jewish lobby” and the president’s son-in-law and aide, Jared Kushner, who is Jewish.

“If I could take the vote back,” he said. “I would.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/29/neo-nazi-rally-pikeville-kentucky-anti-fascist

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
he should go on bill maher or cnn, since every opinion is equal there. lol

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
You know, I wouldn't mind if the Unites States conquered the world. As long as the president was decent. A proper classical conqueror, or a true democratic leader who does it reluctantly because it's for the best, or a Dark Lord filled with mad science and ideas of robot armies to conquer the stars.

You have the perfect position for conquest. Stop wasting time on idiots like Trump. C'mon, otherwise Canada or someone will do it. To be fair, the maple leaf would look great as the symbol for the Federation of Earth.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I don't think we should build a wall, but if we are going to do it anyway we might as well go with the super-duper, higher, better, better security, everything else package.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

I don't think we should build a wall, but if we are going to do it anyway we might as well go with the super-duper, higher, better, better security, everything else package.

Pimp My Wall

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Kiryen posted:

Obviously the correct course of action is to put it out of business even faster, promise the workers job training that never materializes for jobs that aren't anywhere near where they live and which they can't afford to move to now.

Then tell them they're a bunch of racist sexist homophobes with white privilege.

Yes actually. White coal miners have zero memorable instances of greatness. Their job, which can be done by children, is hopelessly outclassed by every other energy job. Whole families too dumb and lazy to move anywhere you don't have to suck rocks to live. Why would we do that? We're not uppity. And now, incessant, pitiful begging every other person on the planet to HELP USSSSS but not in a way we look down on, not in the way that requires us to change anything, not in the way that doesn't let me keep doing heroin while getting blowjobs from the rest of the planet

If you have coal in your blood you deserve to die. They all know it and secretly agree, but it's not socially acceptable to diss your own race like those libtard fags of the north, which is why they just all slurp down oxys instead. It's similar to how lack of self-esteem was cultivated in black communities, haunted by violence and simultaneously the disdain of whites that they can't get their violence under control. I just don't see how it's at all acceptable that anybody is complaining that they can't find any jobs, also they can only do one job. No other jobs. Only the one I want. Also my whole family wants the same job give it now or you're being mean to poor people. Doesn't America hate pissant freeloaders like that? It's almost like... almost like there's something about them, different from other people... something to do with the way they look

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

still lolling about a grown man, the united states president, saying he wasn't "thin skinned, i'm angry".

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Cobweb Heart posted:

Yes actually. White coal miners have zero memorable instances of greatness. Their job, which can be done by children, is hopelessly outclassed by every other energy job. Whole families too dumb and lazy to move anywhere you don't have to suck rocks to live. Why would we do that? We're not uppity. And now, incessant, pitiful begging every other person on the planet to HELP USSSSS but not in a way we look down on, not in the way that requires us to change anything, not in the way that doesn't let me keep doing heroin while getting blowjobs from the rest of the planet

If you have coal in your blood you deserve to die. They all know it and secretly agree, but it's not socially acceptable to diss your own race like those libtard fags of the north, which is why they just all slurp down oxys instead. It's similar to how lack of self-esteem was cultivated in black communities, haunted by violence and simultaneously the disdain of whites that they can't get their violence under control. I just don't see how it's at all acceptable that anybody is complaining that they can't find any jobs, also they can only do one job. No other jobs. Only the one I want. Also my whole family wants the same job give it now or you're being mean to poor people. Doesn't America hate pissant freeloaders like that? It's almost like... almost like there's something about them, different from other people... something to do with the way they look

I was going to say something about brown coal (lignite), but black coal is worse - at least lignite is open-cut and people don't usually get trapped inside. They want to keep their jobs. It kills them! Even the kids living on the rail lines to deliver the coal to the ports get asthma far above usual levels.

And yes, of course, any sane person would discard such a job if there was literally any other offer. Do the coal miners even know what's IN coal?!?! It's full of benzene and poo poo! So much that coal coking companies make a serious profit on benzene alone, not to mention all those other delicious carcinogenic oils that are in every speck of coal dust.

People with coal in their blood don't deserve to die. They're going to die. Statistically far sooner than the rest of us. Think about it, all those moments they could have had, that they should have had: laughing with their grandchildren, or chilling and listening to music, or just sleeping. Gone. Because of coal.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Cobweb Heart posted:

coal miners voting against their self-interest is one of the funniest aspects of republican voters.

i understand why the people making 11/hr with their crappy manufacturing jobs can get lied to about more jobs, since it's possible to still manufacture things in the US and it's even possible that jobs like that will grow (although it's still hilarious that they think wages will increase significantly; if you don't have a college education and you aren't smart enough to go into sales, management or otherwise leverage your skills within that industry, you aren't going to all of a sudden find a 30/hr job, manufacturing or otherwise) but at least it makes some sort of sense for them to vote for a candidate who says "We're going to increase american manufacturing" because while it's a lie, it's a believable one.

there is never going to be an increase for coal. ever. it's dying and will be dead in another 20 years - the only way for the ex-miners to save their families asses is with cheap college and cheap healthcare but LMFAO they consistently vote against it.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Tumble posted:

there is never going to be an increase for coal. ever. it's dying and will be dead in another 20 years - the only way for the ex-miners to save their families asses is with cheap college and cheap healthcare but LMFAO they consistently vote against it.

Unfortunately coal isn't dead anytime soon. As a fuel, yeah. But there are a stupid amount of peripheral industries that depend on coal or its byproducts or its off-gasses. Steel making alone requires a huge amount of coal coke. It's dying, sure, but unless we get fusion working and we give it to everyone, AND we get a set of decent cheap electrodes for iron electrolysis, coal will stay with us for a while longer. Unless you want to switch back to charcoal, but then in a year every last tree in the world will be cut down.

IronClaymore fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 29, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lolling at people wanting to keep their absolutely horrible and unhealthy jobs.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Groovelord Neato posted:

lolling at people wanting to keep their absolutely horrible and unhealthy jobs.

Lolling

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

IronClaymore posted:

Unfortunately coal isn't dead anytime soon. As a fuel, yeah. But there are a stupid amount of peripheral industries that depend on coal or its byproducts or its off-gasses. Steel making alone requires a huge amount of coal coke. It's dying, sure, but unless we get fusion working and we give it to everyone, AND we get a set of decent cheap electrodes for iron electrolysis, coal will stay with us for a while longer. Unless you want to switch back to charcoal, but then in a year every last tree in the world will be cut down.

that's true; i suppose it's more accurate to say "coal as a growing industry is dead"

it's not going to sustain town after town after town anymore

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

https://theintercept.com/2017/02/16/trump-official-obsessed-over-nuclear-apocalypse-mens-style-fine-wines-in-40000-posts-on-fashion-site/

Lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

But we already regressed a hundred years politically by electing Trump and his cabinet of Captain planet villains

quote:

A SENIOR OFFICIAL on President Trump’s embattled National Security Council warned in previously unreported comments that it is “inevitable” an Islamic terrorist group will carry out a successful nuclear attack against the United States, and that in its aftermath, the world “will regress hundreds of years politically.” The official, Michael Anton, laid out a dire scenario of multiple nuclear detonations on American soil, saying that terrorists “will, I think, wait until they can hit us with several blows at once, followed by a number of follow-on blows.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

etalian posted:

But we already regressed a hundred years politically by electing Trump and his cabinet of Captain planet villains

How can you not quote the best part of the article

quote:

Anton, who previously served in a mid-level position on the NSC in the Bush era, published a string of attention-getting essays last year that attempted to make a conservative intellectual argument for supporting Donald Trump’s candidacy. Those essays, while provocative, do not seem to be nearly as controversial or apocalyptic as the comments The Intercept unearthed after receiving a tip from a reader. The comments were made on an obscure website devoted to men’s fashion, Styleforum.net, which also hosts wide-ranging discussions among its members on a variety of political topics. Anton, who previously wrote a book titled “The Suit: A Machiavellian Approach to Men’s Style,” posted on Styleforum.net under the username “Manton,” and his user profile listed his usual shoe width as D medium. He was exceptionally prolific: Since joining the site in 2002, he has posted more than 40,000 comments.

further lols:

quote:

Update: Feb. 17, 2017

After this story was published, Styleforum changed the settings on its Current Events forum so that only Styleforum members can view the postings on it. As a result, some of the links in this story no longer work, such as the ones to Michael Anton’s comments on nuclear terrorism, Islam, and diversity. According to Fokyan Leung, who said he is a co-owner of Styleforum, about a dozen Styleforum members contacted him after the story appeared and requested that the Current Events forum be closed to the public.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 30, 2017

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Say what you want about the facists but they at least have style

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I wonder how many SA members have 40,000 posts since 2002

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

IronClaymore posted:

annual coal production in the US

employees in the coal industry

people in coal towns need free colleges and to get the gently caress out of there ASAP, not some conmen promising them free blowjobs and decorative border walls

e: also, lol, the president is literally retarded

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
like imagine if there actually was a Democrat literally stopping Trump from bringing back mining jobs

just a loving guy in a suit standing in front of the ol' coal mine with his arms crossed and his nose in the air, and plucky lil' trump is begging, PLEADING with the stuck up Democrap to PUHLEEEEEEEZ let the coal miners back in

but mean ol' Dumbocrud just snorts and says "we're saving spotted owls in here and gay marrying them to the Mexican-Chinese for fund free abortions for transsexual Marxists. You RACIST" and then he turns into a seven-headed dragon

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I unironically believe a nuclear apocalypse would be the best thing to happen to this country.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Now.

Forever.

Egbert Souse posted:

I unironically believe a nuclear apocalypse would be the best thing to happen to this country.

:yeah:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Haha remember joaquin phoenix in gladiator and how he was an over-the-top bitch that is domald trump lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ScottPresler/status/858483400902152192

Look at this goober