Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
People give Cherry a wide berth for being a lovely ref because he said one funny thing but he was abysmally bad and literally nobody in the ACC is sad to see him quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Crotch Bat posted:

People give Cherry a wide berth for being a lovely ref because he said one funny thing but he was abysmally bad and literally nobody in the ACC is sad to see him quit.

Gotta make room for the new guys who will still suck because we always suck eternally for everyone no matter how well we do. Cherry had gotten worse over time though.

I hope he'll still show up at clinics and such because he's an engaging presenter.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

lamentable dustman posted:

hahaha, whoops

Long Horn Network still going strong though! Doesn't matter really. Either they give us a network or they give us a poo poo ton of money and we keep using Raycom for low tier games. Whatever they decide.

The SEC Network is still based in Charlotte, at least, so that's a possibility.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

RumbleFish posted:

The SEC Network is still based in Charlotte, at least, so that's a possibility.

I think they're moving it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Hey guys I just remembered WVU sucks and we will never be relevant :(

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

MourningView posted:

I think they're moving it

Hopefully to a city actually in SEC territory.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Watching 2007 Texas vs OKState and im seeing some Colt fuckin' McCoy poo poo that I never got to see back then

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Uga had one player drafted.

West Georgia had two.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That's because Georgia sucks my dude

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Chad Kelly being Mr. Irrelevant is some great universal comedy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Has Mr. Irrelevant ever been the best player at his new team's position before this?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Yeesh, Aggies had two 5* WRs leave early and go undrafted. Speedy Noil always seemed to underwhelm whenever I watched but I thought for sure that Ricky Seals-Jones would be drafted but I guess he failed to meet expectations, too.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TBeats posted:

Has Mr. Irrelevant ever been the best player at his new team's position before this?

Ryan Succop if you want to count a kicker

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

TBeats posted:

Ryan Succop.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
MV tell me about Desmond King

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

a neat cape posted:

MV tell me about Desmond King

he's good

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

It's too bad he can't compete with Denver's newfound Siemian2Butt connection.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Welp at least Nate Gerry got drafted, thought this might finally be the year Nebraska didn't get a single fucker drafted.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bucky Hodges went in the 6th? drat

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

woo pig sooie motherfucker

clearly this is a man that DESERVES to be the highest paid state employee in the state of arkansas

Craig K fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 30, 2017

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
The University of Arkansas: The Place You Choose To Play Football After Seven Other Schools In The SEC Don't Bother To Return Your Calls

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Craig K posted:

woo pig sooie motherfucker

clearly this is a man that DESERVES to be the highest paid state employee in the state of arkansas

Remember when they gave him an extension and a raise after winning 2 conference games in two seasons?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

tactlessbastard posted:

Remember when they gave him an extension and a raise after winning 2 conference games in two seasons?

Yup

also remodeling the poo poo out of the videoscreen during this offseason so we can have the SEXIEST GODDAMN REPLAYS of our team getting stuffed on third down for the thirteenth time in a row

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
i'm just wondering how many more years of 7-6 (2-6 in conference) it'll take before the razorbacks cut bait

Craig K fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 30, 2017

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

MourningView posted:

Ryan Succop if you want to count a kicker

Beat me to it. Ryan Succop owns.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I'm semi-annoyed the Belk Bowl wasn't Bert's last hurrah because that was some kind of magnificent meltdown (and not the first of its kind that season for Arkansas).

Given the fact they extended his contract for no real reason I have to imagine the Arkansas AD isn't that good and thus Bert's buyout is probably more than they can afford for another couple years.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I kind of admire the man. Imagine looking like that, having the record at Arkansas he does, saying things that have the entire nation laughing at how stupid they are....and yet still being so utterly confident in himself. It's really pretty impressive.

Charlie Weis had this type of thing going for him too for a long time.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Grittybeard posted:

I kind of admire the man. Imagine looking like that, having the record at Arkansas he does, saying things that have the entire nation laughing at how stupid they are....and yet still being so utterly confident in himself. It's really pretty impressive.

Charlie Weis had this type of thing going for him too for a long time.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

Oh cool now I get to let everyone in Denver know what a prick he is.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Scarf posted:

Oh cool now I get to let everyone in Denver know what a prick he is.

Let me guess. "MY DAD UNCLE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOURS" sort of prick?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

iospace posted:

Let me guess. "MY DAD UNCLE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOURS" sort of prick?

Probably. But he was tossed off of Clemson's team because he talked poo poo on his teammates and fought with his coaches.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

When did Alex Jones start coaching football?

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Crotch Bat posted:

Yeesh, Aggies had two 5* WRs leave early and go undrafted. Speedy Noil always seemed to underwhelm whenever I watched but I thought for sure that Ricky Seals-Jones would be drafted but I guess he failed to meet expectations, too.

Speedy and Seals-Jones were frustrating to watch. They'd make clutch plays sometimes (Seals Jones more so) but the vast majority of the time they were either straight up beaten by the secondary or would make really, really dumb drops at critical moments.

Not NFL material for sure. I don't have a clue why they would leave early unless they knew they were on a downward trajectory so might as well hedge their bets.

I was going to turn this into a rant about Sumlin and our dumb WR coach but figured I'd save y'all the Aggie drama.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Cnidario posted:

figured I'd save y'all the Aggie drama.

thank you.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Here's some aggies drama for you. They've lost six straight to LSU and may never win another, because they are rear end, my dude.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cnidario posted:

Speedy and Seals-Jones were frustrating to watch. They'd make clutch plays sometimes (Seals Jones more so) but the vast majority of the time they were either straight up beaten by the secondary or would make really, really dumb drops at critical moments.

Not NFL material for sure. I don't have a clue why they would leave early unless they knew they were on a downward trajectory so might as well hedge their bets.

I was going to turn this into a rant about Sumlin and our dumb WR coach but figured I'd save y'all the Aggie drama.

Being injured a bunch didn't help them either.

big money big clit posted:

Here's some aggies drama for you. They've lost six straight to LSU and may never win another, because they are rear end, my dude.

LSU is still too scared to play Tulane in the game they owe them in New Orleans. Sad!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LSU is also the only team to get their asses handed to them in a road game in their own stadium really making it a home game because they were too much of a pussy to come to a mutual understanding with Florida

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

big money big clit posted:

Yeah, I'm not optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Spacebump posted:

LSU is still too scared to play Tulane in the game they owe them in New Orleans. Sad!

They were killing our SoS so we had to drop them and pick up an FCS opponent to fix it.

vyst posted:

LSU is also the only team to get their asses handed to them in a road game in their own stadium really making it a home game because they were too much of a pussy to come to a mutual understanding with Florida

Congratulations on squeaking out a win over a bad LSU team to earn the right to get embarrassed by Alabama. I'm certain you can ride that momentum to another season of offensive embarrassment and, hell, maybe another SEC championship embarrassment.

• Locked thread