Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benny the Snake posted:

Seattle stepped on a rake-Atlanta ran off a cliff and didn't realize they were running on thin air 'till the fourth quarter.

If that's the case I'll take Wile E Coyote over Sideshow Bob any day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
At least Sideshow Bob can perform the HMS Pinafore in its entirety :colbert:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The Seahawks have been a laughing stock most of their existence and its funny that they are hated so much now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Water wet, sky blue, Seahawks trade out of the first round again :geno:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

keep drafting third round power forwards to play tackle

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
You all will have egg on your face when Seattle drafts Number 1 Guard Lamp at pick 34!!!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

hifi posted:

keep drafting third round power forwards to play tackle

That was an UDFA!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Feel free to ask about the 49ers defense this year, god drat.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Coldforge posted:

Told ya you'd get Reuben Foster!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Coldforge posted:

Niners switch to 4-3u, get a Michael Bennett clone, a Bobby Wagner clone and in round three...

lol

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Still don't ask about the 49ers offense, though. Especially their QBs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coldforge posted:

Haha. I was thinking maybe they'd go QB for that last pick but...that is not the QB I was expecting to hear.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cards moves look good. budda gives us depth at the honey badger position, if you squint then the grambling state guy looks like anquan boldin, and they got their 4th round pick back

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Grittybeard posted:

Haha. I was thinking maybe they'd go QB for that last pick but...that is not the QB I was expecting to hear.

On the strength of their defensive picks, I'm going to adopt a 'wait and see" approach to this one, Beathard might pan out. It's only their fourth pick.

It's no joke that they're at least a year away from being good enough to start a rookie QB and give him any chance of success. They'll start a free agent this season, probably next. I'm expecting to see WRs and TEs drafted in the next few rounds, whoever is starting will need weapons.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Coldforge posted:

I don't know CJ is pretty hard to Beat

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
God drat, every team but the Rams had an excellent draft so far.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

warcrimes posted:

Told ya you'd get Reuben Foster!

This is the best thing to happen in a Niners draft in years.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm not sure how good the players will turn out, but we got a CB2, depth at safety (which will be important as this is Kam's final year before FA), and got guys that will rotate well in the defensive line. Plus we got 1 offensive line guy who's best comp is Justin Britt and a WR.

Ehhh, seems okay I guess!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Coldforge posted:

I mean you can use the boatload of picks next year you get from the Bears to draft a whole new offense and they'll all be high because omg what are you doing Chicago

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bad Moon posted:

I mean you can use the boatload of picks next year you get from the Bears and they'll all be high because omg what are you doing Chicago

If Drew Brees just loving dies already we have NOLA's 2, too

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
After the draft:

The 49ers got a shitload better on defense, and a bit better on offense.
The Rams got a shitload better on offense.
The Cardinals got better on defense.
The Seahawks got a bit better all around.

I can live with that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

After the draft:

The 49ers got a shitload better on defense, and a bit better on offense.
The Rams got a shitload better on offense.
The Cardinals got better on defense.
The Seahawks got a bit better all around.

I can live with that.

I'd say Seattle got way better on defense, not so much on offense. Only one offensive line pick early on, and a WR pick. The rest was spent rebuilding our defensive line and secondary, which I'm pretty okay with.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

seiferguy posted:

I'd say Seattle got way better on defense, not so much on offense. Only one offensive line pick early on, and a WR pick. The rest was spent rebuilding our defensive line and secondary, which I'm pretty okay with.

Yeah. By the same token, I'm not convinced the 49ers got better on offense unless you are projecting a lot of production from Joe Williams or really like blocking TEs or just figure anything is better than last year.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

King Hong Kong posted:

Yeah. By the same token, I'm not convinced the 49ers got better on offense unless you are projecting a lot of production from Joe Williams or really like blocking TEs or just figure anything is better than last year.

Kittle is a huge upgrade over any TE they have on roster. My third favorite TE in this class, I expect big things.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

They only real upgrade I see for the Seahawks on D is McDowell, who does look like a potential monster. Everyone else they picked on D just looks like depth.

Meanwhile, Pocic is a pretty massive upgrade, and Senior should eventually be as well. They drafted good O-line players. Let that sink in.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

They only real upgrade I see for the Seahawks on D is McDowell, who does look like a potential monster. Everyone else they picked on D just looks like depth.

Meanwhile, Pocic is a pretty massive upgrade, and Senior should eventually be as well. They drafted good O-line players. Let that sink in.

I'm very excited for Pocic. He's going to be a fantastic jump ball TE for the redzone. I think Baldwin and Lockett will distract the hell out of the defense and Pocic will clean up. Dudes 6'6". You can't teach height.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

I'm very excited for Pocic. He's going to be a fantastic jump ball TE for the redzone. I think Baldwin and Lockett will distract the hell out of the defense and Pocic will clean up. Dudes 6'6". You can't teach height.

I guess you just have to hope Jones will work out as their new right tackle?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

I guess you just have to hope Jones will work out as their new right tackle?

Why would we need a new right tackle? :confused:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Im definitely excited to watch the guy whos 310 lbs and has an 20 inch vertical leap catch jump balls

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

Why would we need a new right tackle? :confused:

NFL rules require you to have at least seven players lining up on the line of scrimmage when on offense. It just makes it easier for everyone else if you call one of them a right tackle.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hifi posted:

Im definitely excited to watch the guy whos 310 lbs and has an 20 inch vertical leap catch jump balls

I'm not sure what else he's good for. Definitely not explosive enough to play o line.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I liked the Rams draft, I think they did a good job considering how badly they decimated themselves with the Goff trade last year.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I completely forgot that Robert Woods signed with the Rams for 2 months until about 10 minutes ago when I was reading the Bills GM got fired.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Coldforge posted:

NFL rules require you to have at least seven players lining up on the line of scrimmage when on offense. It just makes it easier for everyone else if you call one of them a right tackle.

I'm kinda glad you guys signed Gilliam and took him off our hands. I don't know what the 9ers see in him and I think you massively overpaid for the guy. But kudos to him for getting a nice contract.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Krycek posted:

I'm kinda glad you guys signed Gilliam and took him off our hands. I don't know what the 9ers see in him and I think you massively overpaid for the guy. But kudos to him for getting a nice contract.

Pretty sure he's just there for depth, though I've seen him listed at guard, so they may think he'll do better inside? I dunno. Not thrilled by the signing, but the entire roster is such a mess, and they have so much cap space anyway, I don't really care about one more terrible player.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

Shaq Griffin will likely be CB2 as long as training camp goes well and he picks up Seattle's system. Delano Hill is basically being groomed to be Kam Chancellor's replacement since this is Kam's final year in his contract (and considering his body I'm betting he has retirement on his mind). But yeah, everything else besides what you said is depth / lottery tickets and that's par for the course for late round picks.

Pocic will probably be okay. I wasn't expecting much offensive line since this wasn't a good draft class for that, but the team seems pretty psyched about signing UDFA Jordan Roos out of Purdue. Pete said they were pretty close to drafting him in later rounds. I'm just happy we don't have any dumb Tom Cable projects out of this draft.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

I'm just happy we don't have any dumb Tom Cable projects out of this draft.

What do you think we got Malik McDowell for?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

seiferguy posted:

Shaq Griffin will likely be CB2 as long as training camp goes well and he picks up Seattle's system. Delano Hill is basically being groomed to be Kam Chancellor's replacement since this is Kam's final year in his contract (and considering his body I'm betting he has retirement on his mind). But yeah, everything else besides what you said is depth / lottery tickets and that's par for the course for late round picks.

Pocic will probably be okay. I wasn't expecting much offensive line since this wasn't a good draft class for that, but the team seems pretty psyched about signing UDFA Jordan Roos out of Purdue. Pete said they were pretty close to drafting him in later rounds. I'm just happy we don't have any dumb Tom Cable projects out of this draft.

New thread title NFC West: Good defenses and dumb Tom Cable projects

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
The Cardinals defense backfield is going to be crazy except for the #2 corner who will get shredded all year long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

bigmcgaffney posted:

The Cardinals defense backfield is going to be crazy except for the #2 corner who will get shredded all year long

So just the seahawks secondary the past 5 years?

• Locked thread