Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I hope it drives into a tree.

And yeah, gently caress Branco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
ah good, tinsley is yet another linguistic prescriptivist who should kill themselfs

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Hardly a surprised, he's a piece of poo poo in every other way currently available. I think he's criticised the singular they before.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ToxicFrog posted:

I would rather read a hundred of those back to back than a single Branco. Keep 'em coming.

Translation;
Why are girls so mean to each other?
Really, Zelda?That old cliche? Who is systematically oppressing women? It sure as hell isn't "mean girls"!
That's precisely the aggressive "us against them" rhetoric that keeps scaring people away from feminism!
So we should close our eyes for the facts? We all know which gender that rules the world!
Revolution!
Hello, there's more than two genders! You all need to analyze this!
Your rear end needs analyzing!
Uhuhuhu, do you have to be so angry?

Oh god, just let me sleep...

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess it's the artist of that comic above (which I rather like) but I dunno if I have seen her work before today. I guess she writes other comics that are awful or something?
Zelda is the name of the character (named after Zelda Fitzgerald), the artist is Lina Neidestam:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 30, 2017

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

I was looking for some horrible Red Panels cartoon because I saw one of his more harmless cartoons used somewhere that bugged me. When I was looking for it I remembered how often this guy self-owned and made AGCs

Why are you like this.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Why are you like this.

I don't see what the big deal is, it was self owns and AGCs. Guy was a dipshit, we post Tinsley every day :shrug:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

He was dead, buried and gone.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Someone should sit these cartoonists down and explain to them what free speech means

I thought a judge found that disinviting Coulter from Berkeley did violate her free speech rights, though?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sir Tonk posted:

America can only turn left, an optimistic cartoon

America is just going in circles

A pretty accurate cartoon I feel sometimes :smith:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Wistful of Dollars posted:

He was dead, buried and gone.

So were Nazis but here we are in 2017.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

I thought a judge found that disinviting Coulter from Berkeley did violate her free speech rights, though?

Not unless you're thinking of Judge Jeanine Pirro, and she hasn't been a real judge in over a decade.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Tobermory posted:

Not unless you're thinking of Judge Jeanine Pirro, and she hasn't been a real judge in over a decade.

Actually, I was mixing it up with Richard Spencer at Auburn, lol. Though her supporters did file a lawsuit, which is what led the University to un-cancel the event.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

:stare: these are so dumb it's hard to know what side to attack from.

Is it the straw man in the first one? The "reasonable Hitler"-osity / tolerate my intolerance of the second? I feel like being anti anti fascist is a red herring.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson warned North Korea that it’s missile testing could have catastrophic consequences. So they shot off another one. It blew up. Just like three other unsuccessful launches in a row since March.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What is this poo poo? What kind of twisted mind looks at a hate speech bill and conclude its against the interest of PROTECTING people from violence?

I mean, other than Tinsley himself. People who allow his work to be in newspapers and stuff are who I'm talking about.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Samurai Sanders posted:

What is this poo poo? What kind of twisted mind looks at a hate speech bill and conclude its against the interest of PROTECTING people from violence?

I mean, other than Tinsley himself. People who allow his work to be in newspapers and stuff are who I'm talking about.

If I can't call for ethnic cleansing then the American Dream is dead.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

It's a good thing Stantis was never a GOP cheerleader or this would be a really hollow complaint considering the expanded surveillance apparatus.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Retromancer posted:

If I can't call for ethnic cleansing then the American Dream is dead.

Calling for ethnic cleansing might mean that you won't get into heaven though, so you have to be willing to take one for the team.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I translated it

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A meteor of Benjamins?

vvvv I mismembered.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Apr 30, 2017

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
But Roosevelts doesn't begin with an "n" :confused:

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

I translated it

Pretty sure you can't post anything from dbd here. Rorus Raz's gonna probate you.

nice work

itskage fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 30, 2017

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

SomeMathGuy posted:

It's a good thing Stantis was never a GOP cheerleader or this would be a really hollow complaint considering the expanded surveillance apparatus.

A libertarian like him should be celebrating the unshackled free market. Finally ISPs will have some liberty!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hey here's a brief trip back to...

Since Trump staggered past his first 100 days, I decided to check out the cartoons for Obama. Now, since we had other things to distract cartoonists (namely Swine Flu) there wasn't much here.

First let's check off the prerequisite MEDIAAAAAAA cartoon.

Ah yes, the DEBT cartoon. Can't forget that.

The GDP was down about 6% in the first quarter, although given the state of the economy at the time, this isn't terribly surprising.

Obama will enslave your pure, white children.

I guess it took Cole a while to turn around on Obama or something. Or maybe he's a really milquetoast liberal.

I need a very depressed ironicat for this one.

Catalino has not improved in eight years

Obama had a full plate his first 100 days. Among lefties of varying lean, there will always been endless debate about how good he was vs. how good he could realistically be within our lovely, broken joke of a government. It certainly wasn't an easy job, either way.

Like, I said, not a lot of cartoons. Liberal ones were mostly GOP MAD, so I'll spare you those. But take these fun BONUS CARTOONS. Warning: may be less fun than advertised.

A
Obama dug into torture and released some memos. Cue a million cartoons about how patriotic and good torture enhanced interrogation is.

B
I believe this was several months prior to Palin's infamous "death panels" bullshit.

C
Miss California made a statement against gay marriage, and this made Perez Hilton, a judge, quite upset. If I remember, Hilton himself is kinda lovely for other reasons, but the lesser McCoy took the low road anyways.

2009 will return whenever the Trump presidency hits an event/tradition/situation/etc. that Obama similarly went through. So, probably the first State of the Union? We shall see.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

The "fa" is short for "flag."

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Translation;
Why are girls so mean to each other?
Really, Zelda?That old cliche? Who is systematically oppressing women? It sure as hell isn't "mean girls"!
That's precisely the aggressive "us against them" rhetoric that keeps scaring people away from feminism!
So we should close our eyes for the facts? We all know which gender that rules the world!
Revolution!
Hello, there's more than two genders! You all need to analyze this!
Your rear end needs analyzing!
Uhuhuhu, do you have to be so angry?

Oh god, just let me sleep...

Zelda is the name of the character (named after Zelda Fitzgerald), the artist is Lina Neidestam:

This is the wrong place for funny cartoons

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Chances are, if you're a fictional character named Zelda, you were named after Zelda Fitzgerald I guess.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I say we keep posting these, they're good and it's nice to have something to wash your eyes out with after looking at a Branco.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I always forget how evil Asay is and then someone posts one and I remember all over again.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cabbit posted:

I'm not sure which is more amazing: that people are trying to turn "anti-fascist" into a pejorative, or that it seems to be loving working.

No, they're turning "Antifa" into a pejorative. Which is easier, because if you don't know what Antifa is short for - or that it's short for something - it's the foreign-sounding name of a terror group that attacks people who are politely exercising their First Amendment rights. So says Fox News, thus it must be so.

Alhazred posted:

The first time I saw Zelda I guessed she was based on the artist. It's good to be right.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I always forget how evil Asay is and then someone posts one and I remember all over again.

But his drowning white kids are adorable.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I say we keep posting these, they're good and it's nice to have something to wash your eyes out with after looking at a Branco.

Italian researchers says that the vaginal g-spot does not exist.
Good! Then we can put the myth that dull penetration sex is enough to induce fountain orgasms to rest!
But the g-spot is more sensitive and I do come with dull penetration sex....
That the clitoris nerves. The g-spot is a myth!
Santa Claus, the Loch Ness beast, Atlantis and now the g-spot...There's no mystery left in the world.

You who are feminist, could you explain why..
Nope! I have no interest in educating you. If you're interested in feminism google it.
But stop being so aggressive, you have to debate this!
Okay, then I demand to know what you think of Russia's pipelines in the Baltic Sea! Now!
Welfare? Surrogacy? Euthanasia? Taxes? The growing middleclass in China? Oil reserves in the Arctic? Refugees? Obamacare? MIley Cyrus? Debate it!
Come back! You owe me arguments you've been practiced for ten years so I can brush them off with stupid idiotic answers I just thought off!

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 30, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fight Over Whiteclay Alcohol Sales Still Going

Sequel to last week's cartoon:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Pants Donkey posted:

I guess it took Cole a while to turn around on Obama or something. Or maybe he's a really milquetoast liberal.

Cole came across as a moderate Republican from about 2008 (when I first started reading him) until about 2010. He was one of the few Republicans who criticized the Tea Party, though, and as the GOP moved more right and became "The Party of NO", Cole started doing more pro-Obama cartoons (or at least "Obama is the only sane one" cartoons), and then slowly moved left to the point that by 2012 he was doing moderate Democratic cartoons.

It was fascinating to watch him slip over.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

drat it, I forgot to collect some of Tinsley's "b-but, why can't I say friend of the family?!" cartoons. Anyone feels like doing my job for me? I only need three or four.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cabbit posted:

I'm not sure which is more amazing: that people are trying to turn "anti-fascist" into a pejorative, or that it seems to be loving working.

They managed to turn "social justice" into a pejorative so loving whatever.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Boy I sure do wish Asay was still cartooning, would love to see how Trump is a good Christian male and better than Obama

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I love these comics.

• Locked thread