Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

KDdidit posted:

You'd think I'd know, playing since launch, but what stat is best for tanks? HP or Def? Some balance of each? 70-30? All in?

I just go all in on HP (and stuff like Ribbon, First Strike, Black Belt where needed). There's a lot of hard hitting skills that ignore DEF/SPR so HP is always useful comparatively, especially if you have a way to top off massive HP pools (either through dualcast or full heal abilities).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

BDawg posted:

So Vestments stacks with her innate refresh. Did not know that.

I'm pretty sure it stacks with the new Fat Chocobo 'Auto-Refresh' materia. Costs 200 though, and I grabbed the Safety bit first, so it will be a little bit before I can afford it, as I'm like 20 Quartz shy.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja
Does anyone have a unit that can solo the Gilgamesh trial? With the Safety Bit being available now that should be possible, right?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So my olive finally broke the 1k attack barrier :shepface: after I finish with the +12 armor and the ninja hat or whatever I guess it's on to shine farming. I have so god drat many shines but I really don't want to fuse them.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

So my olive finally broke the 1k attack barrier :shepface: after I finish with the +12 armor and the ninja hat or whatever I guess it's on to shine farming. I have so god drat many shines but I really don't want to fuse them.

Definitely don't fuse them. +40% or higher ATK materias in the future are rare as poo poo and typically on 5* units. The +50% ATK stuff needs very specific gear combos (e.g., spear + hat). You'll be using the QAs for a while.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Disregard.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 28, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

edit: Or not, I still died to the first threshold kill so maybe Safety bit is not 100%

What, whaaaaaat? So Safety Bit isn't 100% Death immunity? I'm confused!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

dangerous.hotdog posted:

What, whaaaaaat? So Safety Bit isn't 100% Death immunity? I'm confused!

gently caress I forgot about his paralysis. I guess I'm sol on that aspect.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 28, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I think you also had to have paralyze immunity as it'll still land even through 100% evasion. It's because of that is why you need NIghtmare Laswell's TMR to get 100% evasion after dropping a quick attack for the status immunity materia... I think. It's been a bit since it was talked about, I might be misremembering something too.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dana posted it a few pages back.

Dana Crysalis posted:

At the current point in time, it requires Dracu Lasswell's TM. These are the requirements for solo Gilgamesh.
- Holy elemental attack to seal the undodgable Excalibur strike
- 100% evasion
- Death Immunity
- Paralyze immunity (paralyze can land even if the attack misses, and paralyzed people cannot dodge)

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evade
Left Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Vampire Cloak +20DEF+30MAG/SPR+10%Evasion
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Accessory 2: Safety Bit +3DEF+100%Petrify+100%Death
Ability 1: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Total Stats: HP: 4878 MP: 232 ATK: 612 DEF: 204 MAG: 186 SPR: 208 Evasion: 105%

I can't think of another way to do this that does not sacrifice one of the important things.
(the ring of lucii can be replaced with a 20 sided die, which is much easier to obtain )

As you can imagine the amount of people who pulled a time limited base 5 way back and a lightning , and have grinded the TMs required is in an extremely limited quanity.
I'm fortunate to have all the required materials, but have to do some TM grinding to get it done, and should hopefully have it ready by the end of next week .

I'm sure someone else will show up with it first and beat me to it anyway.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 28, 2017

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

That's it, no more daily 250 draws for me ever again. THREE days in a row of drawing loving Aidens. My total Aiden count now, including draws during the banner, are now at 14. Sigh

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Though using queen to generate orbs worked pretty good in absense of having a lightning

Since summon orbs are checked per hit I'm not sure anyone else is better at summon orb creation than Queen. You'd have to fight 2+ targets for Maxwell to be better and that'd rely on her being able to LB every turn.

Scrublord Prime posted:

I think you also had to have paralyze immunity as it'll still land even through 100% evasion. It's because of that is why you need NIghtmare Laswell's TMR to get 100% evasion after dropping a quick attack for the status immunity materia... I think. It's been a bit since it was talked about, I might be misremembering something too.

Correct. Otherwise the only option is to wait until we get the Genji Shield. That's probably a couple months out though.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

This game is punishing me for every thinking that I had enough Star Quartz.

Cat Ear Hood, Auto-Refresh, and Safety Bit all seem like must-haves.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I made the mistake of daily pulling today for my birthday.

But it keeps my streak of FF6 characters! I've gotten Celes, Edgar, and now Sabin!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Dana Crysalis posted:

I made the mistake of daily pulling today for my birthday.

But it keeps my streak of FF6 characters! I've gotten Celes, Edgar, and now Sabin!

I got a Locke, sorry dude.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Since summon orbs are checked per hit I'm not sure anyone else is better at summon orb creation than Queen. You'd have to fight 2+ targets for Maxwell to be better and that'd rely on her being able to LB every turn.

Correct. Otherwise the only option is to wait until we get the Genji Shield. That's probably a couple months out though.

Her + second knife were a god send for the summons. It's cool because she's a little subpar but still has a niche for me

Ron Paul Atreides fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 29, 2017

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Daily pull was my 7th gold of the banner. It was my 3rd WoL. I wish I knew the odds of pulling Setzer so I could figure out how unlucky I've actually been.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Ratmtattat posted:

Daily pull was my 7th gold of the banner. It was my 3rd WoL. I wish I knew the odds of pulling Setzer so I could figure out how unlucky I've actually been.

I've pulled three, using daily and the tickets from the event

Sry mate :kiddo:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ratmtattat posted:

the wiki has the summon gacha rates from JP, and most summon surveys on reddit have them at about the same exact rate.

code:
Based on the visible summon rate  on the JP version, these are the chances to pull rare summon unit of the following rarities:

Rarity		Crystal		Featured Unit		Off-banner Unit		Total
3 Star Rarity	Blue		20%			60%			80%
4 Star Rarity	Gold		4.75%			14.25%			19%
5 Star Rarity	Rainbow		0.5%			0.5%			1%
Reddit wiki survey results on ff6 banner

So a little under 5% chance of getting a setzer.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Tengames posted:

the wiki has the summon gacha rates from JP, and most summon surveys on reddit have them at about the same exact rate.

code:
Based on the visible summon rate  on the JP version, these are the chances to pull rare summon unit of the following rarities:

Rarity		Crystal		Featured Unit		Off-banner Unit		Total
3 Star Rarity	Blue		20%			60%			80%
4 Star Rarity	Gold		4.75%			14.25%			19%
5 Star Rarity	Rainbow		0.5%			0.5%			1%
Reddit wiki survey results on ff6 banner

So a little under 5% chance of getting a setzer.

Jesus. And it's crazy how many people take pulling a 4* banner unit as a given. I've read about people who've cashed out their stash of 60+ tickets to no avail for Xon or Setzer. I'm scared for Tilith now.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Jesus. And it's crazy how many people take pulling a 4* banner unit as a given. I've read about people who've cashed out their stash of 60+ tickets to no avail for Xon or Setzer. I'm scared for Tilith now.

Tilith will almost certainly have other 4 star units on her banner too if/when we get the 2nd BF event so you won't even get the 50/50 chance of a gold crystal being her.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

To this date, the only significant amount of money I've spent on this game (if you count $40 as significant) was chasing Refia.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Tilith will almost certainly have other 4 star units on her banner too if/when we get the 2nd BF event so you won't even get the 50/50 chance of a gold crystal being her.

Tilith had two other base 4 units in the first banner making her rate effectively 1.583333~%
she was/will be only slighty easier to get then a rainbow crystal.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Is Kefka supposed to be casting Bioga twice?

Wiki says he does it once, but every time he does it its done twice

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
New characters on the JP side this week are Yuna, Lulu and Seymour. Wakka gets a bump from 5* to 6*. Yuna fills the role of 5* God unit.

- Yuna (5*/6*) is best classified as a Support/Magical DPS that can also heal in a pinch. She's got a unique gimmick, in that she can use half of a summon gauge to call upon Valefor for massive damage (9x AoE or 20x single). She also has Eiko/Garnet's "summon any equipped esper" ability and the biggest boost to summon damage and gauge generation of any character to date. Her healing and support suite includes Curaja, Barfiraga, Barthundaga, Barwaterga, Barblizzaga, Protectga, Shellga, Esuna, Dispel, Raise and Reraise. Limit break is an AoE Raise + 100% heal + regen + wall effect (defense up 80%/spirit up 100%). Pretty drat powerful, though she doesn't have Arise or Dualcast. TM is Nirvana (116 SPR, 68 MAG, auto-limit)

- Lulu (5*/6*) is basically a Shantotto-type, with Firaja/Waterja/Thundaja/Blizzaja and the Flare/Flood spells. She also has auto-refresh, can doublecast black and has the Focus ability. One of the strongest mages to date, and fairly versatile with 4 elements.TM is an Onion Knight Doll (120 MAG, MP+20%, auto-faith), counts as a rod.

- Seymour (4*/6*) is your boilerplate double black -ga mage with a few darkness-based moves on top. His spell suite is Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Waterga, Darkga, plus he can sacrifice his own HP to deal damage and sacrifice his defense to deal additional dark damage. He also has summon boosts, putting him on par with a character like Terra or Rydia. His TM is Teachings of Yevon, which boosts summon stats by 10% and HP/MP+15%. Nothing to phone home about, unless you want to boost Bahamut (great for Yuna).

- Wakka gets a 6* upgrade and gains Element Reels (damage with a random Fire/Ice/Water/Lightning element), Status Reels (AoE damage and random status effects - can be a -40% to any stat or any status ailment in the book) and, after using a Terra-esque charge move, Auroch Reels (still not sure on this one). Overall, pretty meh for a 6*, and Setzer heavily outclasses him. His TM is Over the Top (117 ATK throwing weapon).

Varance fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 30, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Varance posted:

- Yuna (5*/6*) is best classified as a Support/Magical DPS that can also heal in a pinch. She's got a unique gimmick, in that she can use half of a summon gauge to call upon Valefor for massive damage (9x AoE or 20x single).

Thats pretty much how Summons should've been to begin with if your a summoner.
Poor Garnet, she got kinda hosed.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
Also, this is the FFBE Rainbow Crystal Experience in a nutshell, courtesy of the JP fanbase:

It's good to know that the joke is truly global.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh yeah, they got those three guaranteed 5* summons didn't they? The results were hilarious when you recall just how many 5* we have now and how some suck.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Varance posted:

New characters on the JP side this week are Yuna, Lulu and Seymour. Wakka gets a bump from 5* to 6*. Yuna fills the role of 5* God unit.

- Yuna (5*/6*) is best classified as a Support/Magical DPS that can also heal in a pinch. She's got a unique gimmick, in that she can use half of a summon gauge to call upon Valefor for massive damage (9x AoE or 20x single). She also has Eiko/Garnet's "summon any equipped esper" ability and the biggest boost to summon damage and gauge generation of any character to date. Her healing and support suite includes Curaja, Barfiraga, Barthundaga, Barwaterga, Barblizzaga, Protectga, Shellga, Esuna, Dispel, Raise and Reraise. Limit break is an AoE Raise + 100% heal + regen + wall effect (defense up 80%/spirit up 100%). Pretty drat powerful, though she doesn't have Arise or Dualcast. TM is Nirvana (116 SPR, 68 MAG, auto-limit)

If she has any innate LB fill*, then combined with Nirvana and a couple other things she could potentially LB every (other) round so lack of Arise is minor at that point.

* e: I mean fill effectiveness boost, like Orlandu, Olive, and a bunch of others where they get +100% or whatever.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 30, 2017

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

If she has any innate LB fill*, then combined with Nirvana and a couple other things she could potentially LB every (other) round so lack of Arise is minor at that point.

* e: I mean fill effectiveness boost, like Orlandu, Olive, and a bunch of others where they get +100% or whatever.
Sadly, she does not. It's also not entirely sure how fast her LB charges. That we won't know until 5/1, when the characters release.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Yuna's Valefor skill gives me honest to god hope for Rydia getting real summons at 6* that just use up sections of the summon bar. Summon Chocobo!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Dana Crysalis posted:

Yuna's Valefor skill gives me honest to god hope for Rydia getting real summons at 6* that just use up sections of the summon bar. Summon Chocobo!

Summons do such garbage damage that it wouldn't even matter if all the Summoners had an ability to summon them for MP and ignore the esper gauge.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

Summons do such garbage damage that it wouldn't even matter if all the Summoners had an ability to summon them for MP and ignore the esper gauge.

Yeah, even with the recent buff summons still do poo poo damage.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

Khisanth Magus posted:

Yeah, even with the recent buff summons still do poo poo damage.

I mean, I don't mind 6-digit damage summons, but I guess that's because my characters suck.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The trick to getting rainbows is to not want the banner character. Daily pull blue "Meh", it reforms into a yellow "Oh nice another setzer maybe?" It reforms into rainbow "Oh no another trance terra!?"

After all this time building a physical based team the game shits on me the most powerful caster twice. I really hope her enhancements brings up her ability to chain.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The trick to getting rainbows is to not want the banner character. Daily pull blue "Meh", it reforms into a yellow "Oh nice another setzer maybe?" It reforms into rainbow "Oh no another trance terra!?"

After all this time building a physical based team the game shits on me the most powerful caster twice. I really hope her enhancements brings up her ability to chain.

At least two of them can chain nicely off each other. T.Terra's real failing is needing to powerup a turn first. I was kinda, kinda not, hoping I'd pull a second one because I know after this event nobody is going to leave their's up and I'll have to try and chain her off other units.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I "could" switch over to a magic based team, I just need so many loving cactuars and awakening materials for it to happen. I "could" grind 4 letters and arms, 2 magistral crests an omnirod and make the strongest possible T.Terra. But will the investment be worth it?

e Also my only 6* character than cast focus is Cecil. Which means I'm stuck with him as a tank when I have a 5* WoL that was going to be both my tank and breaker. Now I dont have a strong breaker. Well I have Delita but lol using him. Actually delita can cast meditate, ummmmm....

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Apr 30, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I took Marie down and put Olive back up. But if anybody wants Marie back up for a clown attempt, just let me know.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Cao Ni Ma posted:

My motto currently is: If you want some one off the current banner, wait until the next.

I pull the previous banner units in the next banner than I ever did ON banner. I mean it didn't work for Noctis or Gilgamesh or anything like that, but I got enough Aidens to almost do a 2nd TMR, pulled a Xon etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

I took Marie down and put Olive back up. But if anybody wants Marie back up for a clown attempt, just let me know.
I used her this morning to take down the Dark Espers. It's actually kinda insane how good she is.

• Locked thread