Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ojjeorago posted:

Savitar is the original speedster, Dominic Toretto.

In the season finale, Barry has to track down and recruit the only two people capable of stopping him: Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw. It's Flash and the Furious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
How is Wally connected to all of this since he has the most street racing cred? :colbert:

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Seriously, it's Wally.
Seeing Ronnie wouldn't make him go catatonic because he doesn't even know who Ronnie is.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This season will end with Barry going back to save his mother again and now the room will have an additional Flash + Savitar in it.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Most importantly: when does Barry get that new suit? So much better than the current one.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
Savitar is an Iris time remnant from a botched attempt by Barry to save Iris from Iris by duplicating Iris.

Barry will have to kill Iris to save Iris.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Piriwi posted:

Savitar is an Iris time remnant from a botched attempt by Barry to save Iris from Iris by duplicating Iris.

Barry will have to kill Iris to save Iris.

That's a better theory than Savitar being a time remnant of Barry's mom.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
It's us, guys. We were Savitar all along.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ojjeorago posted:

Savitar is the original speedster, Mike Jittlov.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Savitar is Julian

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I'm Savitar trying to kill Barry and change the timeline to bring back the real hero speedster, Eobard Thawne. Preferably with the Wells flavor.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I kinda hope it's Ronnie so he can be killed off a, what, fourth time. He's sorta like an inverse Grant Ward.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

bentacos posted:

Savitar is Julian

Julian worked for Savitar, it's clearly Voldemort.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Savitar is Batman.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

bentacos posted:

Most importantly: when does Barry get that new suit? So much better than the current one.

"I'm all sad and emo, and have basically given up on life because my girlfriend was brutally murdered and there was nothing I could do to stop it, but look I got a new suit!"

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Savitar is obviously Jay who is Hunter who is Zolomon who is also Jay who is Savitar.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Joe is the only person who would be surprising i think, or Ollie.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I just hope it's Barry's mom.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I can't believe Savitar was actually Ronnie the whole time.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

They say he's the first speedster, so the answer is Savitar is Mike Jittlov.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Savitar is Bart Allen, from Smallville, allowing the Flash's creative team to make use of all the great things from the Smallville Universe.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Savitar is Aang.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I think we're all missing the blindingly obvious one here: Savitar is Iris. The one person Barry would not expect to be in the armour.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Who has reason to hate both Barry and Iris, and was last seen speeding away from Central City? Savitar is Patty Spivot.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Savitar is Michael Rosenbaum and when he takes off his mask Barry is all "I have no idea who that is."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

I think we're all missing the blindingly obvious one here: Savitar is Iris. The one person Barry would not expect to be in the armour.

Oh my god. That would be so amazing. Iris kills a time remnant of herself in order to trick Barry into thinking she's dead. But really she just wants to break up with him, and is terrified of how he'd react to that.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sticking by my guess that it's Jay Garrick not because of the speedforce prison or "The first Speedster" line but since flashdad has a gut now and Savitar is rocking a robot dad bod

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 29, 2017

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

But why would a speedster need a battle suit?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I love the idea that it's actually Future Wally because Savitar constantly refers to Wally as Wallace and I get the feeling that Wally just hates being called that. He's just screwing with himself.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh my god. That would be so amazing. Iris kills a time remnant of herself in order to trick Barry into thinking she's dead. But really she just wants to break up with him, and is terrified of how he'd react to that.

He would travel back in time to fix it duh, can't let her make that mistake

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's gonna be Ronnie because the writers can't write surprise reveals for poo poo. Remember when not Jay went to go see Zoloman on earth one and everybody just assumed it was a trick because it had the subtlety of a hammer to the face?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bozart posted:

He would travel back in time to fix it duh, can't let her make that mistake

There's those Injustice comics, where they come up with a crazy, super complicated reason for Superman to turn evil, but it would be so easy for the Flash. If Iris dumped Barry he'd just immediately go crazy, fill the STAR Labs building with fifty time remnant Irises and fifty Barry's moms, kill everybody in the pipeline, and declare the Reign of Speedsters.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Invalid Validation posted:

To hide his/her identity from the audience for 20 episodes obviously.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Invalid Validation posted:

To keep him from getting knocked out or breathing in poison gas and passing out. :v:

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

To keep him from getting knocked out or breathing in poison gas and passing out. :v:

Or from being shot on those weeks when he forgets he can react to the pressure of the bullet hitting him fast enough to keep it from penetrating.
You know, every week except that one time in season one.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea, maybe Barry should steal the suit since Speedforce makes you functionally retarded enough to stand very still jabbering at bad guys for minutes at a time.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like that Barry's entire plan consisting of running across a courtyard in a certain amount of time while Savitar regular speed stabs Iris without ever thinking about how Savitar could just stab her at super speed if he remembered he has faster speed powers than Barry.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Savitar is literally Greg Berlanti. The last few episodes become unbearably meta, as Berlanti-Savitar wins by writing the plot of Barry's reality that way.

He recruits Killer Frost with an ultimatum: join me and get a spinoff series on Freeform. Refuse, and be killed off in the mid-season finale of Legends. After loving a returned Hawkman in a 4-episode arc.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Xealot posted:

Savitar is literally Greg Berlanti. The last few episodes become unbearably meta, as Berlanti-Savitar wins by writing the plot of Barry's reality that way.

He recruits Killer Frost with an ultimatum: join me and get a spinoff series on Freeform. Refuse, and be killed off in the mid-season finale of Legends. After loving a returned Hawkman in a 4-episode arc.
This would literally be the best thing about Season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Phylodox posted:

Savitar is Michael Rosenbaum and when he takes off his mask Barry is all "I have no idea who that is."

I declare this the winner...

Sir Potato posted:

I love the idea that it's actually Future Wally because Savitar constantly refers to Wally as Wallace and I get the feeling that Wally just hates being called that. He's just screwing with himself.

...BUT WAIT A MINUTE. I totally forgot about this. So this is either a huge misdirect that it's H.R., or it really is H.R.

Xealot posted:

"CHOOSE!"

• Locked thread