Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Most rap albums are way too long and have a bunch of dumb filler content and I can never get through whole rap albums. They would be much better at like 12 tracks and 45 minutes or less. Also skits are almost always cringe inducing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

veni veni veni posted:

Most rap albums are way too long and have a bunch of dumb filler content and I can never get through whole rap albums. They would be much better at like 12 tracks and 45 minutes or less. Also skits are almost always cringe inducing.

Maybe a lot of 90's rap albums, but most modern rap albums are pretty short. Unless you're getting the deluxe extended editions or something.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Modern rap albums are often overstuffed too, but thankfully they don't have like 5 skits per album anymore. Mixtapes are even more bloated most of the time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Modern rap albums are often overstuffed too, but thankfully they don't have like 5 skits per album anymore. Mixtapes are even more bloated most of the time.

Yeah but mix tapes are mix tapes. They are just put out there to keep the dudes name out there. They aren't super produced like a major album is.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also to pimp a butterfly is a bad album and how Kendrick wasn't mocked mercilessly for having a fake conversation with Tupac I will never know.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Magnusth posted:

Private property rights, as undestood by capitalism an neolibralism, don't exist.

Rights in general don't exist, any more than Gandalf does. They are just ideas some old guy had.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

doverhog posted:

Rights in general don't exist, any more than Gandalf does. They are just ideas some old guy had.

Yes but just because they and concepts like "good" or "evil" are made up and arbitrary doesn't mean they are bad things that should be ignored. Unlike Gandalf, rights actually help some (real) people and should be protected.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Also to pimp a butterfly is a bad album and how Kendrick wasn't mocked mercilessly for having a fake conversation with Tupac I will never know.

Imo drat. is good and kind of what spawned my post because it doesn't feel over long or bloated. I still feel like most rap albums, even new ones have in the realm of 16- 20 tracks which is way too much. I've honestly never even listened to all of To pimp a butterfly I usually just skip around and listen to the singles.

They have definetly cooled down on the incredibly stupid skits since the 90's though.

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

The_Rob posted:

because no one with any taste listens to that poo poo

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
guys some unllistenable drivel by pitchfork rapper du jour was actually terrible poo poo, i can't wrap my mind around this, it's almost as if it's mindlessly built up by a bunch of clueless white hipsters to be something it isn't

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yes but just because they and concepts like "good" or "evil" are made up and arbitrary doesn't mean they are bad things that should be ignored. Unlike Gandalf, rights actually help some (real) people and should be protected.

Oh I agree, and that was the point.

However idea of Gandalf helps people too, he is a noble figure that teaches us compassion and self sacrifice for the common good. :tipshat:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I already have to deal with the rap thread rehashing this dumb conversation about To Pimp a Butterfly every month. Please don't bring it here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I've never liked Wrex as a character and always shotgun him in the face the first chance I get in any ME runthrough.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Max posted:

I've never liked Wrex as a character and always shotgun him in the face the first chance I get in any ME runthrough.

You joyless bastard.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Max posted:

Same, except sometimes I let Ashley do it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Max posted:

Incorrect. Wrex is a good character, Ashley is the bad one. loving Space Republican.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

THeyre actually both bad

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
People place far too much value on having a college education. If I compare what I learned in my 9 years of college to what I learned in the 3 and a half years since then, it's not even close. You learn far more on the job.

Especially since you don't really need to be smart to go to college, you just need to be willing to pay.

I would also argue that experience with another company is largely irrelevant, because chances are the new company does things completely differently and while you might have a slight step up on someone fresh out of college, in both cases you'll most likely be starting from relative scratch as you get used to how they do things. Being a good fit personality-wise and being motivated to do a good job and having loyalty to the company is far more important than the degrees and experience on your resume.

In summary, HR departments/people in charge of hiring in general don't know what they are doing. People who don't understand what the job even is should never be allowed to look at resumes and decide who gets interviewed and who doesn't.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jastiger posted:

Incorrect. Wrex is a good character, Ashley is the bad one. loving Space Republican.

Funny how Ashley turned out to be right about everything in the end.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I wouldn't hire someone with 9 years of college on their resume.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

They're called doctors!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

oldpainless posted:

They're called doctors!

I wouldn't hire one of those either. They make terrible bankers.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

4d3d3d posted:

guys some unllistenable drivel by pitchfork rapper du jour was actually terrible poo poo, i can't wrap my mind around this, it's almost as if it's mindlessly built up by a bunch of clueless white hipsters to be something it isn't

I do love that every 2-3 years they just pick some random newish rapper/RnB guy and declare him/her an utter genius and decide that their latest album "is the most important piece of music released in modern times".

The entire thing will just be the same tired old themes that rappers have covered since the 80s but it makes white folk feel good about themselves to praise it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

The entire thing will just be the same tired old themes that rappers have covered since the 80s but it makes white folk feel good about themselves to praise it.

See also: Hamilton

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Just listen to disco and never feel bad about anything. It's what I do and it rules.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

I do love that every 2-3 years they just pick some random newish rapper/RnB guy and declare him/her an utter genius and decide that their latest album "is the most important piece of music released in modern times".

Kendrick Lamar has released three albums in a row that have been critically adored across the board. It's weird that you guys are treating him like a buzz band or singling out Pitchfork for this.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember seeing an interesting video about why so many rappers make references to the Grey Poupon mustard and that it actually had a huge resurgence in recent years. I was watching the Humble video by Kendrick Lamar and of course there's a direct copy of the Grey Poupon commercial in it.

That's my story.

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Kendrick Lamar has released three albums in a row that have been critically adored across the board. It's weird that you guys are treating him like a buzz band or singling out Pitchfork for this.

I went and listened to five seconds of "Humble" and it's the same stultifying moronic sexist poo poo as every other rap song ever produced. Glad I got that out of my system at least

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
I wonder how much of the total gross of gangsta rap sales dollars was fueled by misplaced white guilt and/or (false dichotomy I know) patronizing hipster fratboy racism.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You call it sexist yet millions of women love his music

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
Look how openminded I am, I listen to poo poo music from a black person! *ignores decades of superior music from black artists* you're racist for saying this is bad.

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Mu Zeta posted:

You call it sexist yet millions of women love his music
I seriously thought that maybe I was wrong and skipped to the exact second in the video that a big rear end was shown on screen and I heard "bitches" hahaha. The Thinking Man's Rapper

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

4d3d3d posted:

I seriously thought that maybe I was wrong and skipped to the exact second in the video that a big rear end was shown on screen and I heard "bitches" hahaha. The Thinking Man's Rapper

Big asses are great

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
Well yeah.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

4d3d3d posted:

I wonder how much of the total gross of gangsta rap sales dollars was fueled by misplaced white guilt and/or (false dichotomy I know) patronizing hipster fratboy racism.

I wonder this also but the net

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
Was that guy not joking when he said that it's ok for Kendrick Lamar to be sexist because millions of women like his music? Sorry, I'm on SA so I can't tell when people are being ironic or just stupid. I assume just stupid

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

Funny how Ashley turned out to be right about everything in the end.

What was she right about?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Goons don't know anything about the topics they have strong feelings on, news at eleven.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Jastiger posted:

What was she right about?

He told you. Everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

oldpainless posted:

I wonder this also but the net
I mean the entire economy of this country is built on racism, patronizing or otherwise. It just galls me that we're being asked to forgive lovely art because it comes from the oppressed, because the same people who like it simultaneously do everything they can to stymie efforts to help the oppressed. Sorry for saying things about stuff here though.