Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Brainiac Five posted:

Surely someone with the raw intellect necessary to welcome the Great Maple Hope could figure these things out for themselves. They could consider targeted investment programs in majority-minority areas, employer-of-last -resort programs, basic incomes, etc. They could also look at reparations programs for a longer-term adjustment, along with equalizing educational resources. They could consider harsher standards for the EEOC and funding new programs to actively attack racial discrimination in hiring and in the workplace. There are all kinds of things!

Yeah, that's a good point. None of these are compatible with a minimum wage increase and also they are way easier to enact!

Oh wait no you're just retarded.

Go ahead and call me ableist now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

When did anyone claim that those posts never happened? The Democrats absolutely abandoned the working class, of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, etc.

:rolleye:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

The democrats are a waste

keep fighting progressives, retards - you probably want to keep that up because you secretly love Trump

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Yeah, that's a good point. None of these are compatible with a minimum wage increase and also they are way easier to enact!

Oh wait no you're just retarded.

Go ahead and call me ableist now lol

I never said anything about them being incompatible, GBS. You insisting I did is exactly the point I'm making-y'all are fundamentally uncomfortable with anything that actually challenges white supremacy, and assume it's being suggested to attack your pasty faces.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

SSNeoman posted:

Even loving Trump backed off on NAFTA after Canada and Mexico explained the consequences.

i'm racist cause i don't like NAFTA. got it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brainiac Five posted:

I never said anything about them being incompatible, GBS. You insisting I did is exactly the point I'm making-y'all are fundamentally uncomfortable with anything that actually challenges white supremacy, and assume it's being suggested to attack your pasty faces.

Ah yes, how could anybody POSSIBLY think Effectronica is attacking them? Must be racism!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

Well apparently I'm racist cause I think Kansas should ride out their consequences. So yeah, that's the sort of logic at play itt.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Ah yes, how could anybody POSSIBLY think Effectronica is attacking them? Must be racism!

I am not the only person suggesting these things despite your paranoia.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Brainiac Five posted:

I think "person" is a little generous

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

SSNeoman posted:

Well apparently I'm racist cause I think Kansas should ride out their consequences.

That doesn't make you racist.

Supporting HRC in the primary does though

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brainiac Five posted:

Indeed, I have actually suggested many of those things in this selfsame thread, actually!:)

NewForumSoftware posted:

Don't do this, please.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

NewForumSoftware posted:

lol ok

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

What's so funny about so many Democrats being willing to support a racist? It's really sad more than anything.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I think "person" is a little generous

To be fair, I also want to commit genocide against Bernieists.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

NewForumSoftware posted:

What's so funny about so many Democrats being willing to support a racist? It's really sad more than anything.

Given how much better Clinton did among black and Latino voters than Sanders, I think "racism" is a bit of a flimsy explanation.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Majorian posted:

Don't do this, please.

Credit where it's due, you did as I asked. Props.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Majorian posted:

Given how much better Clinton did among black and Latino voters than Sanders, I think "racism" is a bit of a flimsy explanation.

What do you mean flimsy explanation? It doesn't explain anything, it's just the sad reality we live in. It does suck that so many voters are horrifically misinformed.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Brainiac Five posted:

I love it when Bernieists pretend that all those posts about how Democrats abandoned the white working class never happened, that no one defined "working class" as "manufacturing workers", etc. It really shows how much regard they have for honesty.

Yeah, all the Clinton acolytes posting their fury about how $15 an hour was just a white working class position were kind of embarrassing. The party of "a few years ago this guy would have been carrying our bags" seems to have developed a profound blind spot wherein "working class" and "minority" are two completely distinct electoral bodies instead of having (for reasons TOTALLY unrelated to Clinton tough-on-crime and take-a-hacksaw-to-medicare policies) almost total overlap.

Certainly, there are sheltered Bernie-supporting dipshits who buy into that framing. And in a discussion of Trump's strategy, which was 100% about appealing to the white working class at the cost of the more traditional Republican stronghold of white suburbia, I can see how misunderstandings could arise.

But there's a reason that 'white working class' is a phrase you hear exclusively from Trump partisans and DNC water-carriers these days.

SSNeoman posted:

Well apparently I'm racist cause I think Kansas should ride out their consequences. So yeah, that's the sort of logic at play itt.

"how dare you call me bigoted just because I think the black kids there deserve to be summarily executed and the gays there deserve to be electrocuted"

poo poo's amazing. How much minority suffering is worth one Republican voter suffering, in your mind? 5 black lives destroyed to three white lives inconvenienced, does that sound like an acceptable ratio?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Indeed, I have actually suggested many of those things in this selfsame thread, actually!:)

Don't do this, please.

No, you haven't, and this is sadder than your master's in nuclear terrorism.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

SSNeoman posted:

i don't know that i called you racist or not cause the post you quoted i talk about my family (who are white) who live in a red state, but have been voting dem faithfully their whole lives. i think dems in my state should be supported so they can possibly break the republican stranglehold on the state. you being against flipping red states is p concerning considering that. you being for collectively punishing states for not being loyal enough to dems is ultra concerning cause my family has been nothing but loyal and don't deserve that kind of treatment by their party

but in any case, you shouldn't even try to compare me not caring if NAFTA is repealed with you wanting red state dems to remain unfunded to punish people for bad choices or something.

i actually think getting rid of NAFTA will help people. you want to hurt people out of spite

Condiv fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 30, 2017

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

NewForumSoftware posted:

What do you mean flimsy explanation? It doesn't explain anything, it's just the sad reality we live in.

Again, given that more black and Latino Democratic primary voters preferred Clinton to Sanders, I don't think citing racism makes a whole lot of sense.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Condiv posted:

Are you against the invisible-hand-given right of mexican oligarchs to poo poo on the mexican working class?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ze Pollack posted:

Yeah, all the Clinton acolytes posting their fury about how $15 an hour was just a white working class position were kind of embarrassing. The party of "a few years ago this guy would have been carrying our bags" seems to have developed a profound blind spot wherein "working class" and "minority" are two completely distinct electoral bodies instead of having (for reasons TOTALLY unrelated to Clinton tough-on-crime and take-a-hacksaw-to-medicare policies) almost total overlap.

Certainly, there are sheltered Bernie-supporting dipshits who buy into that framing. And in a discussion of Trump's strategy, which was 100% about appealing to the white working class at the cost of the more traditional Republican stronghold of white suburbia, I can see how misunderstandings could arise.

But there's a reason that 'white working class' is a phrase you hear exclusively from Trump partisans and DNC water-carriers these days.

"how dare you call me bigoted just because I think the black kids there deserve to be summarily executed and the gays there deserve to be electrocuted"

poo poo's amazing. How much minority suffering is worth one Republican voter suffering, in your mind? 5 black lives destroyed to three white lives inconvenienced, does that sound like an acceptable ratio?

And now we're getting to the part where we pretend Bernie supporters (except you) are all idiots lead astray by the all-powerful propaganda machine that so cunningly makes poor white people act in racist and sexist ways without them being racist or sexist.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Majorian posted:

Again, given that more black and Latino Democratic primary voters preferred Clinton to Sanders, I don't think citing racism makes a whole lot of sense.

What do you mean "citing racism". Hillary Clinton is a racist. She has a long history of racist actions up to and including the primary season. There's literally nothing she's done to challenge that fact.

Supporting a racist for office is a racist action if you ask me. I can excuse the people who don't know but SSNeoman is fully aware.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Agnosticnixie posted:

Are you against the invisible-hand-given right of mexican oligarchs to poo poo on the mexican working class?

yeah, and as far as i see it, NAFTA's biggest function is to impoverish the working classes of both mexico and america and then pit them against each other for the benefit of the richest in both countries

i'm not sure how being against it is racist

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Brainiac Five posted:

And now we're getting to the part where we pretend Bernie supporters (except you) are all idiots lead astray by the all-powerful propaganda machine that so cunningly makes poor white people act in racist and sexist ways without them being racist or sexist.

Bernie supporters voted dem to a significantly greater extent than centrists voted dem in 2000.

Hell, you don't have to scratch deep to find people who voted Bush in 2000 (or worse, McCain in 08) behind some of the loudest making GBS threads on either Sanders or people who voted third party in loving California.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Agnosticnixie posted:

Bernie supporters voted dem to a significantly greater extent than centrists voted dem in 2000.

This is a non-sequitur and a classic example of the guilty fleeing when no one pursues.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brainiac Five posted:

No, you haven't

From this thread's previous iteration:

quote:

My feelings are pretty similar to that of the SPUSA: "We fully support strong and expanded affirmative action programs to help combat the entrenched inertia of a racist and sexist system which profits from discrimination and social division.

People of color, lesbians and gays, and other oppressed groups need independent organization to fight oppression. Racism will not be eliminated merely by eliminating capitalism." In the shorter-term, I support requiring banks to extend access into underserved minority neighborhoods, cracking down on police forces with records of brutality against minority groups, and obviously an end to the drug war. I also support financial reparations for the black community and other oppressed minority communities.

:laugh:

NewForumSoftware posted:

What do you mean "citing racism". Hillary Clinton is a racist. She has a long history of racist actions up to and including the primary season. There's literally nothing she's done to challenge that fact.

Supporting a racist for office is a racist action if you ask me. I can excuse the people who don't know but SSNeoman is fully aware.

That bolded part is pretty important, though, don't you think? Plus let's face the facts: ego plays a big role in people's political opinions. No one likes to admit that they were wrong, particularly when they support a candidate who shat the bed as spectacularly as Clinton.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

You did not suggest them in this thread, you did not suggest all of them, and if you insist on this I'll start engaging in the same apologetics you use to defend all the facists and idiots when anyone criticizes them. gently caress off, Majorian, and stop trying to rein in NewForumSoftware, it's actually more pitiful than your attempts at revisionism.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Condiv posted:

yeah, and as far as i see it, NAFTA's biggest function is to impoverish the working classes of both mexico and america and then pit them against each other for the benefit of the richest in both countries

i'm not sure how being against it is racist

But have you considered that some of the fat cats who benefit might actually be people of color or LGBT? Why should only white men be allowed to crush the poor of the global south under their fine leather cuban heeled shoes, I ask you?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brainiac Five posted:

You did not suggest them in this thread,

Ah, trying to ding me on a technicality. Clearly the sign of a strong argument.

quote:

you did not suggest all of them,

I said "many."

quote:

you did not suggest all of them, and if you insist on this I'll start engaging in the same apologetics you use to defend all the facists and idiots when anyone criticizes them.

I'm quaking in my booties.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Can we rename this thread 'Post itt every time you lol @ republicans' please

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

I'm quaking in my booties.

I enjoy the part where you sneer about how something is poor rhetoric and then turn around and admit you have no desire to behave morally. I weep for the victims of such petty evils as your tiny brain can conjure, a cavalcade of people cut off in traffic, having doors shut in their faces, and being generally inconvenienced by the most nebbishy man in northern California.

Agnosticnixie posted:

But have you considered that some of the fat cats who benefit might actually be people of color or LGBT? Why should only white men be allowed to crush the poor of the global south under their fine leather cuban heeled shoes, I ask you?

I enjoy posts like these because implicit in them is the belief that there's such a thing as ethical consumption under capitalism.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Majorian posted:

Effectronica you have been a good poster before and will be so again.

Right now, Kommissar Staev is successfully dunking on you for fishmeching.

Something has gone very, very wrong here.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brainiac Five posted:

I enjoy the part where you sneer about how something is poor rhetoric and then turn around and admit you have no desire to behave morally. I weep for the victims of such petty evils as your tiny brain can conjure, a cavalcade of people cut off in traffic, having doors shut in their faces, and being generally inconvenienced by the most nebbishy man in northern California.

I actually live in southern California now. Ha ha, OWNED.

Ze Pollack posted:

I shed my dogged centrism long ago, Allah be praised.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Brainiac Five posted:

I enjoy posts like these because implicit in them is the belief that there's such a thing as ethical consumption under capitalism.

There is absolutely no such thing implicit, explicit or even remotely behind the lines outside of what the voices in your head are trying to wring out of rearranging the words at random on the screen.

Support for NAFTA and the FTAA under the pretence of anti-racism has always been a dumb cover for sociopaths too wedded to a loving model to see the misery engendered by it, even when actively supporting, aiding and abetting one of the causes of the misery as was the case in Chile.

Agnosticnixie fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 30, 2017

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ze Pollack posted:

I hope to God I am never looked on in approval by someone who can look at rudatron's posts and conclude that he's simply a single bad apple rather than a symptom of a leftism that easily dismisses the concerns of minorities as "identity politics". I pray daily that I can be strong enough to avoid the urge, the temptation, to justify evildoers because they happen to agree with me on something. I am sorrowed by your degradation to the point where you apparently think Majorian/Kommisar Staev deserves anything other than a kick in the balls.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Condiv posted:

zuckerberg is doing horrifically campaignish things. like going to auto plants, dropping in on a family that went obama -> trump, and going on a tour of southbend with pete buttigieg. it's almost certain he's gearing up for a presidential run, but i am super worried it's gonna be a democratic one :psyduck:

The Democratic Primaries in 2020 will likely have Mark Zuckerberg, Mark Cuban, and Oprah participating. You'll know this country is hosed if this happens.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Agnosticnixie posted:

There is absolutely no such thing implicit, explicit or even remotely behind the lines outside of what the voices in your head are trying to wring out of rearranging the words at random on the screen.

I mean, you're sneering about LGBT people, people of color, etc. having any kind of power within the capitalist system, so you're either demanding that we remain powerless in order to be moral, or you've never thought about the slogans and catchphrases you puke out on command. I think assuming you're stupid in the first way is much kinder than assuming you're stupid in the second way, what about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

you dirtbag leftists will rue the day you crossed me

• Locked thread