Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Yeah, even with the recent buff summons still do poo poo damage.

I did enjoy the "summons got a huge damage buff!!!!" posts because I literally cannot tell the difference and they still do less damage than a 6* character using non-TM/event gear and skills like bladeblitz. Summons need to be crazy poo poo like 800% mag/phys damage based on the caster's stats and when someone like an 1100MAG TTerra buffs their magic and then summons Ramuh it should be some serious gently caress You And Die levels of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Since when were you under the impression Gumi wanted this to be a "fun" game?

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Varance posted:

New characters on the JP side this week are Yuna, Lulu and Seymour. Wakka gets a bump from 5* to 6*. Yuna fills the role of 5* God unit.

- Yuna (5*/6*) is best classified as a Support/Magical DPS that can also heal in a pinch. She's got a unique gimmick, in that she can use half of a summon gauge to call upon Valefor for massive damage (9x AoE or 20x single). She also has Eiko/Garnet's "summon any equipped esper" ability and the biggest boost to summon damage and gauge generation of any character to date. Her healing and support suite includes Curaja, Barfiraga, Barthundaga, Barwaterga, Barblizzaga, Protectga, Shellga, Esuna, Dispel, Raise and Reraise. Limit break is an AoE Raise + 100% heal + regen + wall effect (defense up 80%/spirit up 100%). Pretty drat powerful, though she doesn't have Arise or Dualcast. TM is Nirvana (116 SPR, 68 MAG, auto-limit)

- Lulu (5*/6*) is basically a Shantotto-type, with Firaja/Waterja/Thundaja/Blizzaja and the Flare/Flood spells. She also has auto-refresh, can doublecast black and has the Focus ability. One of the strongest mages to date, and fairly versatile with 4 elements.TM is an Onion Knight Doll (120 MAG, MP+20%, auto-faith), counts as a rod.

- Seymour (4*/6*) is your boilerplate double black -ga mage with a few darkness-based moves on top. His spell suite is Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Waterga, Darkga, plus he can sacrifice his own HP to deal damage and sacrifice his defense to deal additional dark damage. He also has summon boosts, putting him on par with a character like Terra or Rydia. His TM is Teachings of Yevon, which boosts summon stats by 10% and HP/MP+15%. Nothing to phone home about, unless you want to boost Bahamut (great for Yuna).

- Wakka gets a 6* upgrade and gains Element Reels (damage with a random Fire/Ice/Water/Lightning element), Status Reels (AoE damage and random status effects - can be a -40% to any stat or any status ailment in the book) and, after using a Terra-esque charge move, Auroch Reels (still not sure on this one). Overall, pretty meh for a 6*, and Setzer heavily outclasses him. His TM is Over the Top (117 ATK throwing weapon).

Who do we have to kill to get Auron?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Seymour. Multiple times.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I must say that the maze is extremely underwhelming compared to dunes for xp, although the awakening materials are kind of nice. Could do without the gil snappers though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm not sure if it's just confirmation bias, but it feels like going straight middle has been severely nerfed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

I must say that the maze is extremely underwhelming compared to dunes for xp, although the awakening materials are kind of nice. Could do without the gil snappers though.

Supposedly there is an upgrade that we will eventually get that adds a room or two at the end. But yes Dunes is now better since it was upgraded.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My final Half for the month netted me Kuja #4. And I ended up with every banner character except Setzer, but since my 4*+ Ticket gave me Noctis, I'm OK with that.

Total Pulls: 35
Half Price: 22
Ticket: 12
4*+ Ticket: 1

Rainbow: 2
Trance Terra
Noctis (4*+ Ticket)

Gold: 4
Nine
Mercedes #2
Rosa #3
Luka #3

Blue: 29
Aiden #1, 2, 3, and 4
Alma #3
Arc #2
Bedile #:shepicide:
Clyne #3
Eight
Fang #6
Freya #3
Gau
Golbez #6
Jack #3
Kain #4 & #5
Kefka #6 & #7
Kuja #4
Lawrence #2
Ludmille #3
Ovelia #4 & #5
Sabin #9
Shantotto #12
Terra #7, 8, and 9
Vivi #12

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Five Phoenix Downs, several chocolates, a full compliment of turbo ethers, and Chizuru providing minimal damage but precious crystals later and I got a full clear on Kefka on my third attempt. Thank god for void vessels. But now who gets the robe?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ive been super sick for basically a week straight and unable to really play, how rough is the kefka fight? also the new memu scripts run way slower which has allowed me to notice olives incredibly cute goggle adorning animation

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

ive been super sick for basically a week straight and unable to really play, how rough is the kefka fight? also the new memu scripts run way slower which has allowed me to notice olives incredibly cute goggle adorning animation

Kefka can be cheesed several ways depending on your units. The easiest is to bring your own Cid and a buddy Cid and wait for him to cast Gravija, then hit him with dual Divine Ruination. Another way is to craft 5 void vessels and chain them after he casts banishga. It gets hard if you want to go for the summon Carbuncle and Diablos mission as you need to bring someone like Lightning who can generate orbs with a lengthy multihit attack. It took me an hour to get it done.

If you really want to give it a shot, I can put my Marie back up. She comes packed with all my best resistance gear and can help you mitigate Kefkas bullshit with dualcast shellga and protectga as well as buff all resistance with her Love You All skill. She can also dualcast cura as backup healing if needed.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
how exactly do you remove Charm?

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Shoenin posted:

Kill them. Kill them fast and hard and raise them whenever is convenient.

Edit: Make sure how you kill them is single target though. You'd figure that goes without saying, but...

turnways fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 1, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It also wears off naturally after a few turns. I don't think you can remove it, iirc I tried Ling's Dance of Life and it didn't do poo poo (but my memory is trash and charm only came up once)

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Thats so dumb

Well whatever, Kefka down a second time for the Limit and Summon things. Just had to have Rydia no sell the Banishga's by blocking and CoD save the limit for the dark phase.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

put Odin on your healer, target the charmed,and use fingersnap.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cartoon Man posted:

Kefka can be cheesed several ways depending on your units. The easiest is to bring your own Cid and a buddy Cid and wait for him to cast Gravija, then hit him with dual Divine Ruination. Another way is to craft 5 void vessels and chain them after he casts banishga. It gets hard if you want to go for the summon Carbuncle and Diablos mission as you need to bring someone like Lightning who can generate orbs with a lengthy multihit attack. It took me an hour to get it done.

If you really want to give it a shot, I can put my Marie back up. She comes packed with all my best resistance gear and can help you mitigate Kefkas bullshit with dualcast shellga and protectga as well as buff all resistance with her Love You All skill. She can also dualcast cura as backup healing if needed.

I just brought Setzer with an elemental weapon and waited for him to be vulnerable to that and use double dice. 40% chance to one shot him.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Well my tactic of "never go middle" seemed to pay off well in the Maze.

The Chrome Desktop viewer can be used by another desktop...right?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

hagie posted:

The Chrome Desktop viewer can be used by another desktop...right?
Yes.

I get lazy and remote into the computer in my living room from my bedroom.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
May daily rewards are kind of nice. 300 lapis and 2 tickets a week along with 2 ability awakening mats.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Khisanth Magus posted:

May daily rewards are kind of nice. 300 lapis and 2 tickets a week along with 2 ability awakening mats.

Came here to post the same thing. Good stuff!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:toot: Birthday 11 pull go! :toot:

Setzer #2 and #3, I'll take it!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
grats happy bday

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Gratz! Happy b-day.

One if the few instances where your third copy is just as good as your first. Now you can have Setzer chain with Setzer to have Setzer do crazy double dice damage. Have a friend Setzer join in! Setzer Setzer Setzer.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Captaindirtnap posted:

Gratz! Happy b-day.

One if the few instances where your third copy is just as good as your first. Now you can have Setzer chain with Setzer to have Setzer do crazy double dice damage. Have a friend Setzer join in! Setzer Setzer Setzer.

I wouldn't object to a third Setzer. Having 2 to chain and a third to finish would be pretty nice.

EDIT: After saying that, did my daily half price pull. Gold Crystal! Lets go Setzer 3!...Gaffgarian, drat.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 1, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm not wishing you a happy birthday because everyone ignored mine. :smith:

e: v Haw :unsmith:

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 1, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
^^^ E/N Seems like a more fitting place for gacha games threads anyway, might as well get it over with and move it there.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 1, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's a picture of somebody activating the nuclear option. TRIGGER WARNING

https://imgur.com/gallery/thNZU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cartoon Man posted:

Here's a picture of somebody activating the nuclear option. TRIGGER WARNING

https://imgur.com/gallery/thNZU

:ohdear:
:stonk:
:wth:

Have to wonder how much money that was flushed down the digital drain.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

That's it. I know I've said it before, but I'm loving done with these god drat 1/2 pulls.

Got loving ShadOWNED.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Somehow I stumbled into a 3rd Setzer today. Am I better off with my TGC/Olive/friend TGC for chain/finish, or 3 Setzers/Friend Setzer? Or I suppose I could roll my 3 Setzers and a friend Setzer and finish with Olive

Also it's really convenient to have a dedicated arena team so there's no equipment switching.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I like how he kept Dark Fina because she's technically a story unit now.

Speaking of which, Titan part 2 is no joke. Guy's basically a mini trial boss.

Khisanth Magus posted:

:ohdear:
:stonk:
:wth:

Have to wonder how much money that was flushed down the digital drain.
I have to assume he injected some of those for the sake of the joke. No way someone does this for real.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

I have to assume he injected some of those for the sake of the joke. No way someone does this for real.

People spend (tens of) thousands of dollars on these games. People absolutely do this poo poo for real when they rage hard enough and/or want to ensure they never come back to a game.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

KDdidit posted:

Somehow I stumbled into a 3rd Setzer today. Am I better off with my TGC/Olive/friend TGC for chain/finish, or 3 Setzers/Friend Setzer? Or I suppose I could roll my 3 Setzers and a friend Setzer and finish with Olive

Also it's really convenient to have a dedicated arena team so there's no equipment switching.

2xTGC + Olive is better unless you like to gamble and force close the app when you roll a 1.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

There was a video back on Dark Fina's banner of some guy burning something like $1500 chasing her. Now imagine that but with even more 5*s and even the timed ones like Yun and Santa Noel. It's :retrogames: to an absurd degree. I wouldn't be surprised if it creates a sunken cost issue too where you spent $lots already so what's another $lots for the latest pile of pixels.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

2xTGC + Olive is better unless you like to gamble and force close the app when you roll a 1.

Be aware that there have been bans for force closing the app like this. Not in GL I think but still, be careful and dont cry if your account is gone if you do this regularly.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Vax posted:

Be aware that there have been bans for force closing the app like this. Not in GL I think but still, be careful and dont cry if your account is gone if you do this regularly.

You have to be really obsessed to do this. Sure, something like Greg takes a lot of energy, but it is still not worth the effort of doing something like that.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Vax posted:

The bans were specifically people who used this exploit to restart the maze to get always perfect clears. Force closing to restart rounds/fights has been around since BF days from what folks who play BF tell me and it's probably frowned upon.

I use it occasionally if I gently caress up an esper summon or LB kill. I used to use it a LOT when farming Elixers from Hell Rider (force closing when I stole something that wasn't an Elixer).

Khisanth Magus posted:

You have to be really obsessed to do this. Sure, something like Greg takes a lot of energy, but it is still not worth the effort of doing something like that.

It takes like 10 seconds to close and reopen the app. It's the same amount of effort required as refreshing your friends list.

Disclaimer: Use at your own discretion, no one condones it, etc.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 1, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I remember abusing the hell out of force closing back during the Maxwell fight: Summon Diabolos to get Maxwell. I don't remember the fight well except gently caress getting summon orbs, I brought Rydia to fill the gauge and getting her to fill her limit break before Maxwell killed her was annoying enough. Once it was brought up you could force reset a turn I abused the poo poo out of it to get a quick summon and kill off to get my first 5* base character! Too bad she still hasn't gotten her 6* though :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Zoldaad exploration event this week meaning 5 levels and that's it, leaving us all the time in the world for Cactuar Dunes on the weekend. It has a neat helmet for heavy armor users too.

Also, Aileen, the queen of Earth damage, and another Orlandeau/Olive tier damage dealer, is this banner's 5 star. Just like Olive her best weapon is her own TM(Earth spear that synergizes with her big damage attack that also decreases Earth resistances).
Otherwise she also wrecks machine and stone type enemies, likely useful for the robot trial. Congrats in advance to all the jackasses here who will get her in less than 10 pulls.

The other units are two useless 5 star max(a berserker and black mage), and Emperor Sozhe, who seems like a fire specialized tank with a nice physical TM(20%ATK/HP+AutoRefresh).

Also, someone made a Titan skillbuild guide but I don't really like it. There's a good 100 SP wasted on what is essentially 2HP. Anyone have a better suggestion/image?

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:34 on May 2, 2017

• Locked thread