Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The guy was selling his game using stolen IP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Cojawfee posted:

The guy was selling his game using stolen IP?

And he's taking the people's money and not giving it back because he's gonna use those "generous donations" to make the "game better"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
haha yeah nintendo never has cringe!!!!!!!!!!!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm not good enough at puyo to finish the adventure mode gah

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

dragon enthusiast posted:

anybody have links to the cool and good matches from the arms exhibition

I've got you.

Man, I've gone from complete apathy to lowkey excited about Arms in the space of like two weeks.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

parallelodad posted:

I'm usually the most embarrassed for the audience, applauding and losing their minds over something like FF7R trailer which no one in their right mind believed is coming it before 2020, or cheering a millionaire executive for a billion dollar company that makes games, rather than announce a game they are making or paying for, announcing that gamers will get to fund this next game via Kickstarter.

If Konami announced a Goemon Kickstarter I'd probably hop on board. Shenmue 3 is only $29 so if it means half off games, what's not to like about sharing development costs?

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.

Bloodplay it again posted:

If Konami announced a Goemon Kickstarter I'd probably hop on board. Shenmue 3 is only $29 so if it means half off games, what's not to like about sharing development costs?

Making a profit off a product while loading the financial risk onto the consumer?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mister Facetious posted:

So I was at my brother's playing MK8D with him and his kids, and holy loving poo poo- when did the A.I. get so spitefully aggressive at loving the players?

My last experiences with the franchise was MK, MK64, MK-GBA, and MKDS, and I swear the game never hate hosed me like this game does on the higher difficulties.

Like, not even the other human players, but the A.I. itself.

Mario Kart Wii is when the AI became sentient and began plotting your downfall. The AI in MK Wii literally chained shells and other items on you if you were in first place and about to win. I went from 1st to 8th right in front of the finish line more times than I care to remember and it's the first Mario Kart I never cleared all Cups/CCs in because the game just actively hated you.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

You're awesome.

So is ARMS apparently, I'm dying to try it now

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

TerraGoetia posted:

Making a profit off a product while loading the financial risk onto the consumer?

:capitalism:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cojawfee posted:

If there's a way to defend against a blue shell, I might consider Mario Kart someday. Being screwed out of a win with no recourse was something I've hated about every Mario Kart game.

Lol

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also lol if you can't take a blue shell hit and still win

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually the muppet thing was lame as hell and not funny at all. "Lol these executives who make millions are muppets lol". Pandering at its finest.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Empress Brosephine posted:

Actually the muppet thing was lame as hell and not funny at all. "Lol these executives who make millions are muppets lol". Pandering at its finest.

:nallears:

seriously what happened in your life to make you such a miserable human being?

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 30, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:nallears:

seriously what happened in your life to make you such a miserable human being?

He'd rather some corporate executive get up on stage and spend 3 hours talking about TV, sports, and call of duty.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
is there some sort of control scheme overview for ARMS out yet? i want to know if it's possible to just use the buttons. the few videos i've seen seem to involve motion controls heavily and i'm not into that poo poo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

murked by dragon posted:

is there some sort of control scheme overview for ARMS out yet? i want to know if it's possible to just use the buttons. the few videos i've seen seem to involve motion controls heavily and i'm not into that poo poo

They've said you can use traditional controls but I'm curious how they'll work.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

El Burbo posted:

I'm not good enough at puyo to finish the adventure mode gah

It's forcing me to try to learn puyo in some savage ways

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

They used muppets because Iwata was too sick to do live stuff

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You need to seek professional help.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

You, dumb: "This game console is fun"
Me, Wise: "You know the person who designed that is a millionaire? Idiot."

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Literally everyone I've ever put on ignore here has come from a Nintendo related thread and I've only put like 6 people on ignore in 13 years.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Stop using something awful dot com as replacement for therapy. Thank you

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SilverSupernova posted:

1. I never heard the word "Muppet" used in any context beyond Jim Henson puppets.
2. Wasn't that "random guy" Shigeru Miyamoto?

I think Muppet is an insult in Australia

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Sometimes when I am playing the left joycon is unresponsive. I'm not sure if it's de-synching...it only happens for a second. Like Link will run in one direction.

If I call up Nintendo will they erase my Zeldy file, or have they figured that out yet. I am leaving for something very important in 2 weeks and would like to get it back by then but I also don't wanna lose my Zeldy. TIA

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Louisgod posted:

They used muppets because Iwata was too sick to do live stuff

Too sick because of cancer that ended up fatal. That's kinda hosed up to make fun of.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Pakistani politics posted:

Sometimes when I am playing the left joycon is unresponsive. I'm not sure if it's de-synching...it only happens for a second. Like Link will run in one direction.

If I call up Nintendo will they erase my Zeldy file, or have they figured that out yet. I am leaving for something very important in 2 weeks and would like to get it back by then but I also don't wanna lose my Zeldy. TIA

It's a manufacturing error with the left joycon specifically. If you call Nintendo, they'll let you send in that one piece for repair. You should get it back in less than a week.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think Muppet is an insult in Australia

We have a rich and colourful language

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Novasol posted:

It's a manufacturing error with the left joycon specifically. If you call Nintendo, they'll let you send in that one piece for repair. You should get it back in less than a week.

Alright gently caress it. I can play MK with just the one joycon in the meantime. If I don't get this thing back in time for surgery I am going to go loving crazy, though. Thanks, my dude.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I miss Iwata's 'Direct-to-you' zoom :unsmith:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Mods, ban empress brosephine and play mario kart. TIA.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I won't pretend I can nail it every time or that I even *know* how it works but I've dodged blue shells with mini turbos before. Like once or twice when all I had were coins. Unless the game bugged out a couple times it's possible.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
So I had assumed ARMS was going to be really simple, like 5 characters and that's it.

But A) there's more characters being announced, B) each has different types of weapons, C) weapons can have elemental attributes, D) you can mix and match different weapons on your right hand and your left hand and E) ANY character can equip ANY arm, there's no restrictions

When I realized all of that... suddenly the game is looking actually pretty deep and complex!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They literally demonstrated that you could equip different weapons and said there were more characters the Treehouse the day after they announced it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

I think you guys are forgetting Nintendo is king of cringe. They had a random guy on stage pretending he was Zelda for Christ sake. And they had that muppets fiasco not realizing that "you're a bunch of muppets" is a insult not a compliment
Alright now I'm fully convinced you're just a low effort troll. "muppets fiasco"? lmao

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
They...had puppets personally designed by the Jim Henson Company. They were super-high quality and they did really amusing skits with them. How isn't that better than most E3s?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

parallelodad posted:

They literally demonstrated that you could equip different weapons and said there were more characters the Treehouse the day after they announced it.

Okay cool beans dude :v: I was saying I wrote the game off because it looked shallow. There being more details available is irrelevant?

Like do you never play a game years after its been out and realize it was really good and you missed out on it? poo poo dude. Sorry I ain't omniscient.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Nintendo isn't going to E3.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Is Microsoft skipping E3? I thought they were going to show Scorpio there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They're probably in a different hall.

• Locked thread