Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Mega64 posted:

Only now?

it was funny and sad before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jamesman posted:

He's also got that big wedding to think about now.

Actually he doesn't. He has already said that unless his Twitch becomes financially viable for him (which it hasn't and never will), he can't afford a wedding...which means he spent 240 dollars on an engagement ring just to hopefully appease Leanna for a while.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

$1100 a month would give me barely anything to work with after the rent for my one-bedroom apartment, so I don't know how Phil is handling it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
his other sources of income + his fiancee's income would have to quintuple the displayed numbers on patreon to reach the average income for an american family. i'm sure irresponsible spending is a fair bit of it, and his habits publishing what work he has and interactions with the community he's got are hilariously bad and certainly not helping. again though, dude does not have it made.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

TaurusOxford posted:

Actually he doesn't. He has already said that unless his Twitch becomes financially viable for him (which it hasn't and never will), he can't afford a wedding...which means he spent 240 dollars on an engagement ring just to hopefully appease Leanna for a while.

That's exactly my point though. He's going to use it as another angle from which to panhandle from his audience.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Jamesman posted:

I like this. This is good.

Its really well scripted.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jamesman posted:

That's exactly my point though. He's going to use it as another angle from which to panhandle from his audience.

His fan's pity money is drying up fast though, and that stunt of trying to tell his stream chat HOW to "cheer him properly" did not go over well. Nothing short of trading fanbase with Maximilian_d00d is gonna save him.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

Its really well scripted.

I finally got around to watching it, and my cat decided to watch along with me. It's quite adorable.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

TaurusOxford posted:

His fan's pity money is drying up fast though, and that stunt of trying to tell his stream chat HOW to "cheer him properly" did not go over well. Nothing short of trading fanbase with Maximilian_d00d is gonna save him.

well he can also get his poo poo together and start working on putting out more and better content while being mindful of his flaws

so yeah he's doomed

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Genocyber posted:

He has a job. The issue is his over-spending in combination with his inability to do his job properly or get an additional part-time job as supplementary income.

Coolguye posted:

please do not pretend like he's made it in the shade because his patreon has numbers on it. this isn't to defend him but let's at least make our complaints about his behavior coherent.

If he's really got his head so far up his rear end that he refuses to get a real job and a real source of income after he's failed at this little avenue for so long, then he deserves every loving bit of the poo poo situation he's put himself into. His little squeeze is no different. She knows his personality and the way he acts better than anybody considering she lives with him. If she's willing to tie herself to him after that knowledge, then they both deserve every bit of whatever impoverished life they etch out for themselves. Pity went out the window long ago, now all that's left is to point and laugh at the dumb gently caress who has a head hard enough he could crack boulders.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
That machinama video of his says it all. He really is delusional.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
For anyone questioning DSP's relationship, you should watch Shameless.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
But I already see shamelessness every time I click one of his videos.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtHDM9_lf2g

What the gently caress are these comments

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

RareAcumen posted:

Well you see people are just very upset that slowbeef is mismanaging his mighty brand potential. They're looking out for his best interests! If he continues down this route we're just going to have lovely slowbeef brand knockoffs of everything soon.

Furthermore...
:goonsay:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Geocities Homepage King posted:

we're just going to have lovely slowbeef brand knockoffs of everything soon.

We already do! It's called Let's Play!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I remember when Let's Plays meant something, man! Now we got all these corporate Let's Play stooges ruining it for everyone.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

If Slowbeef doesn't manage his brand well, he's gonna end up like Darksydephil!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

RareAcumen posted:

hey clogmonkey open your mouth

i need to pee

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

Oh god, you're right.

he already has the laugh too

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

As long as the person is open and honestly about getting paid to pay a game I really don't care what they play.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bobjr posted:

As long as the person is open and honestly about getting paid to pay a game I really don't care what they play.

Yeah, same here. Hell, odds are I might end up thinking better of the game makers and/or the LP'er for doing so.

EDIT: Unless it's some rape game or whatever. That poo poo's gross no matter how ethical one might be.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, same here. Hell, odds are I might end up thinking better of the game makers and/or the LP'er for doing so.

EDIT: Unless it's some rape game or whatever. That poo poo's gross no matter how ethical one might be.

Well I guess I shouldn't post my sponsored LP of rapelay then.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Have you ever noticed slowbeef and dsp has never been in the same lp together? Makes you think!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Leal posted:

Have you ever noticed slowbeef and dsp has never been in the same lp together? Makes you think!

Dammit I was all set for this joke

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Discendo Vox posted:

Dammit I was all set for this joke

If it makes you feel better Beef kinda beat you both to it. (Warning: Almost two hours.)

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Has any particularly notable amount of bullshit come out of Atlus threatening to go after people who LP or stream Persona 5? Or has it all kinda fizzled into nothing? I would have thought if copystrikes were flying there'd be tweets about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think most people haven't pushed it because they don't want to risk it. They did push back the cutoff date to the end of November, which is about the beginning of the final act, and I would honestly expect the cutoff to be gone entirely by the end of the year.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fedule posted:

Has any particularly notable amount of bullshit come out of Atlus threatening to go after people who LP or stream Persona 5? Or has it all kinda fizzled into nothing? I would have thought if copystrikes were flying there'd be tweets about it.

Well they loosened their restriction to be you can't stream after sometime in November in-game, but I don't think they were actively going after people even when the limit was 7/7.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

That said, I've seen a lot of videos of events past the original cut-off date, so it's not like Atlus has been really enforcing their policy anyway. It seems to me they just put that out there to appease the brass over at Sega or Atlus Japan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wish they'd put sharing back on, though.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

Wish they'd put sharing back on, though.

You can make your Ps4 stream to the computer via some kind of free remote capture software and send it to OBS. It's how I am able to see everything, and yes, even past Illegal Day. I'm the real Phantom Thiefs. My code name is "judge" and the treasure inside the computer is a magazine about Branding.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

judge reinhold posted:

You can make your Ps4 stream to the computer via some kind of free remote capture software and send it to OBS. It's how I am able to see everything, and yes, even past Illegal Day. I'm the real Phantom Thiefs. My code name is "judge" and the treasure inside the computer is a magazine about Branding.

Yeah, I've been experimenting with this, the quality is not really what I'd like it to be, but I'll be damned if it isn't kind of neat to be able to do it in the first place. I'm sort of hoping I can cut down on the size of the game window and then crop video and then expand again and get less artifacting, but I doubt it'll work.

Edit: It kind of works OK. My first test video just processed through while I was writing the above and it's an improvement.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Just watched the Men Drinkin' Coffee's Pewdiepie game let's play and man what a tremendous waste of a good pixel artist that game is
I mean horrible awful pewdiepie humor and lets play circle jerking not withstanding (and the game's humor itself was pretty bad too) the gameplay was super mediocre at best

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

The only interesting looking level in the whole game was Pewd's house at the beginning, because everything else looks like a empty void with some generic enemies. Also if I were to make a game about a famous LPer that plays mostly horror, shooter, and dumb flash games, I wouldn't make it a platformer of all things.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 30, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Are we back to 80s and 90s shovelware?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

80s and 90s shovelware is a good way to describe it. Even the controls looked floaty as hell and lacked precision which they just compensated for by giving you more health. However, since every check point is a full refill, you can generally just run through the levels without giving a drat and make it just fine. Also difficulty was just how much damage you took per hit. One, two, or three hearts.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Just watched the Men Drinkin' Coffee's Pewdiepie game let's play and man what a tremendous waste of a good pixel artist that game is
I mean horrible awful pewdiepie humor and lets play circle jerking not withstanding (and the game's humor itself was pretty bad too) the gameplay was super mediocre at best

Don't forget the audio quality for the dialogue. It sounds like it was done through a tin can and string.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Calaveron posted:

Thanks for the update. Ever since they got too big and successful to post here I've always had trouble keeping up with what those yahoos are up to.

ChaosArgate posted:

Are we back to 80s and 90s shovelware?

*Looks at Steam "Recent Releases" list*

Back...to?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Scaramouche posted:

*Looks at Steam "Recent Releases" list*

Back...to?

IIRC something like 60% of all Steam games were released in 2016. It's mind-boggling how little quality control there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ninjahedgehog posted:

IIRC something like 60% of all Steam games were released in 2016. It's mind-boggling how little quality control there is.

It was actually 40%, but still, that's horrendous.