Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Everyone shut the gently caress up about Pick. There are real life women near you to go make miserable. Post more Reddit posts or I swear to Christ I will PM you obscene Harry Potter fanfic.

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Elsa posted:

go ahead and do that see what I do with it

Expellianus!

voldemort posted:

r/relationshipsInfidelity

My[28m] wife[29f] cheated on me with her fantasy guy, and there is no way for me to be like him, what do I do?

u/papin12

Hi reddit my marriage is in a lot of trouble and I need help. My wife and I are both from India, though I came here when I was just a child. And my wife came here for her Masters Degree. We have been together for three years and I now recently discovered about her affair.

The thing which makes it hard to get over is that this is a type of guy she has always been attracted to. My wife since she was young has been a really big fan of the Harry Potter books, and has always found White men with glasses to be really attractive, especially if they have a British accent. I think it has to do a lot with the fact that when she was in her teens that was the main book and she didn't really like TV so she always thought about the characters in the books.

When we started dating I did ask her about it, because she was here in America for a while before I actually met her, if she dated any British guys. She told me that she talked to some, but that she is still a virgin, that it's something she finds sexy in books but not in person. She told me she went on a date with one of the people in her program and that it was nothing like she imagined in her head. She expected him to be witty/charming and that it was more of a let down than anything.

She had given me no reason to doubt her so I trusted her. We got married and things went well for the most part. Sure there were some things that could be better, but we didn't fight often, and the fights we did have we resovled pretty quickly.

For Christmas I got my wife an Ipad, she uses it pretty often besides the first day I didn't really use it much since I prefer my laptop. But recently I wanted to download a game I saw on reddit onto her ipad to play. While I was waiting for the download I wanted to look at some pictures on it. That's when I saw that my wife had a lot of pictures of herself naked or in underwear on there.

Now, this was a huge shock to me, for me, this was something I have wanted my wife to do all the time, but she never felt comfortable about it. I looked through the messages app since the phone is synced with the ipad. I saw what my wife did to fool me, there was a person she was texting named one of her cousins, turns out it was actually a guy. AT first I didn't notice it but then when I clicked up I saw the pictures and the texts between them.

I read all of it and it really tore me apart. When I met her and my entire time with her, she never looked at me in a lustful way, and it really shows in our bedroom. And I didn't assume that it was something lacking in our relationship, more so that it was just a personality feature of my wife. But reading the messages between her and this guy, she didn't hold back at all. She told him how much she loved his hard abs, his thick penis. Everything.

There are some things too in there that really make me jealous. Since my wife and I had gotten married, we use condoms, I suggested we could pull out, I mean worst case is we have a kid, and we are both settled down and have stable jobs, and are planning on it anyways. To her it was a definite no that she wasn't going to do it until we are looking to start a family.

I now read through here that they had to get Plan B because he came inside of her. What the hell. Like that just really messed me up. So it's too risky for your own husband to get you pregnant but this random British guy from OkCupid? is okay? And that doesn't even think about the STD risk either.

There were other things too just like she said that she loved the taste of his cum. When we had oral sex after the first two times, she told me that she doesn't like it and doesn't want to do it anymore. I respected her decision and never pushed her for it, but now she did it with this random guy.

I really feel broken about all of this. If she was to stop her affair I feel like I could forgive her for all of this and we could move on. But, I don't know how to even bring it up to her. I feel like just saying those words would make me break apart. writing this out has been excruciating. I am sorry if there are any errors, I usually write better but I am in a compromised emotional state.

The thing which worries me though really is. After we talk about this and she ends her relationship with the other guy, what do I do about other men? She will always have this fantasy about the well spoken British guy. And there is no way I can ever be her ideal man. How do I handle that? how do I keep her faithful when I am not what she really wants sexually? How do I make it so she actually commits to me not just gets better at hiding her affair? Also when I talk to her, do I ask her if it was the first time that she cheated on me as well? Is that a fair question to ask?

TL;DR- my wife has always been attracted to White British Men, I recently found out she cheated on me with another guy. I am really hurt, how do we move on past this?

:britain:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 1, 2017

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

The thing which worries me though really is. After we talk about this and she ends her relationship with the other guy, what do I do about other men?

Why the gently caress does he say he can forgive her and move on, but also not realize how unrealistic and stupid that is given all of the questions he lays out at the end?

Also A+ for being too blind to see that she isn't going to dump the British guy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You don't move past it. You drop her like hot garbage.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Nobody on Reddit even mentioned Voldemort.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 1, 2017

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wonder how many relationships have been ruined by Harry Potter in some way

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Handfasted in the Butt by Harry Potter Fanfics

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TOOT BOOT posted:

I wonder how many relationships have been ruined by Harry Potter in some way

The real question is how many relationships have never happened because of Harry Potter. I am guessing it's somewhere in the millions

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
england is the new japan

dr who is the new anime

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lie back and think of Hogwarts.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

maskenfreiheit posted:

england is the new japan

dr who is the new anime

welcome to 2008

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
2008: im glad society has reached peak stupid so that we can get back to a world that is good and makes sense

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Tender Bender posted:

Lie back and think of Hogwarts.

Goddamn there is a fortune to be made in sorting hat brand condoms. Heat sensitive color change to reveal your true house.

"I may be hufflepiff in the streets but I am slytherin in the sheets! 🐍"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
To be honest, there is a real problem of both men and women thinking that the "sow your wild oats" phase of their life is supposed to last forever. Oh, you have a five year old and still want to play the field and experience one hundred more dicks? Well grow the hell up you little fuckup. Settle down and get a loving job like everyone else.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Pick posted:

To be honest, there is a real problem of both men and women thinking that the "sow your wild oats" phase of their life is supposed to last forever. Oh, you have a five year old and still want to play the field and experience one hundred more dicks? Well grow the hell up you little fuckup. Settle down and get a loving job like everyone else.

I don't know if you know this, but it's actually possible to have a job AND experience a hundred more dicks at the same time.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Pick posted:

Maybe it's because we fetishize adolescence as the most interesting time in a person's life?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Naerasa posted:

I don't know if you know this, but it's actually possible to have a job AND experience a hundred more dicks at the same time.

sorry I decided academia wasn't for me

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I hear for women it stops at 28

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Have an essay about some nerd's trip to Disney World.

Me (28/M) with my girlfriend (29/F) of 11 months, we took a vacation together and she complained about everything and ruined the trip for me

quote:

So, little bit of background, I am a theme park nut, especially Disney World and Universal Studios. I also enjoy photography. I’ve been with my girlfriend Janice since last May. Early in our relationship while discussing our interests she expressed a desire to go to Disney World. We were sort of joking about it, but I decided to include her on a tentative trip I had planned for March. She was ecstatic and I started making arrangements. For six months leading up to it we picked out rides and restaurants and things of that nature, it was a very exciting time. Knowing I tend to be more of an active vacationer I had to shift gears a bit, she likes to go slow and take things in. So I kept the trip simple, One park per day, and we’d go in the morning, leave in the afternoon and be done so we could spend the hot parts of the day in the pool or napping or being intimate. We agreed a few nights we’d return to the park to see the fireworks shows and whatnot. We seemed to have a plan, she was really excited and so was I. She’s a much bigger fan of high end dining than I am, so when she saw all the different restaurants she wanted to eat at a nice one every single meal, whereas I tend to prefer one or two nice meals for the entire trip. The reason being is the reservations make it hard to enjoy the park when you always have to worry about getting somewhere on time, and the meals take a long time, and they’re not exactly known for their family friendly pricing. So we compromised, we did quick meals for the lunches, brought oatmeal for breakfast and booked fancy dinners. Knowing how important the fancy meals were to her, I booked us a special experience called the Chef’s Table as a surprise at one of the better restaurants. For a tidy sum you have a private dining table adjacent to the kitchen at this restaurant and a private ten course meal. For each course, a chef explains how it was made and you get to watch how everything is prepared. She loved the surprise and bought a new dress and new make up and all of this stuff for the evening.

Fast forward to two weeks before the trip, she suddenly tells me that she doesn’t want to do any mornings and only go to the parks in the afternoon and some evenings. Now Disney let’s you pick three rides a day to skip the line on, and I had already done that, but beyond those three rides, if you want to ride anything else, you have to either wait in moderate to long (30 to 75 minute) lines, or be there in the morning before it gets busy. I explained this to her and she said she was alright waiting in the lines, which I am also alright with it because I’d have company. So I overhauled the schedule and got rid of all the afternoon relaxation plans and stuff to move the park time. She approved of the new schedule. I shifted around a few meal times and such so we would be able to do everything we wanted to do and embraced the idea. I figured alright, wait in a few lines, probably do a little less but get to sleep in, that’s hardly a terrible compromise. We were both still really excited for the trip.

The day of the trip arrives and we fly down from NY. The first night there we got to the park late in the afternoon as planned and of course all the lines were busy. We didn’t have three rides pre-picked for that day because we ended up arriving a day before the reservation and staying at cheap hotel just off Disney for the first night. So with the lines as they were, I figured we’d dive right in. Right off the bat she wouldn’t wait in any line over ten minutes and the sun was bothering her on an overcast day. So we spent the first two hours in the park exploring gift shops and I bought her a personalized parasol to help with the sun. Night came and we had our first dinner reservation, and she complained immediately about the menu when we were seated, this was one of the 2 restaurants I picked for the entire trip mind you. We were also eating with two friends of ours that are local to the area. After dinner, we had planned to see the fireworks but she didn’t want to stay because she was exhausted from traveling. This is fair so I said no problem, we had two other chances to see them. On the way out of the park she spent another 40 minutes in gift shops browsing. Without getting in to painstaking detail, I’ll summarize the rest of the trip.

We never got to the parks before 11:30am, not once, and we never waited in a line that was longer than 20 minutes. Even the 20 minute line was an exception I had to ask for because it was a favorite ride of mine (Space Mountain). She shopped a lot in the gift shops for trinkets and souvenirs, as did I. For a lot of the dining reservations she complained about rushing around and we got in to an argument about it when I got frustrated that she was complaining since I didn’t want so many reservations for exactly that reason! We argued about all kinds of stupid things that we don’t usually argue about. She lost the key to the room safe one night and blamed me for letting her have it (what?!) and we missed one of our ride reservations while we waited for housekeeping to come pop the lock. Another day we skipped out last ride reservation because she was too tired and hungry to use it. We ended up missing the fireworks again halfway through the trip because she was bored and wanted to go back to the hotel immediately after the parade she wanted to see was over even though the fireworks are literally right after the parade and viewable from the same spot. On the last night of the trip she wanted to skip our dinner reservation (which has a penalty cost associated with it) even though I was excited for it and had gone along with all of her other schedule changes and I finally snapped. It was the last chance to see the fireworks (they are visible from the restaurant and they pipe in the music) she kept skipping on and it was also supposed to be a birthday meal. We didn’t have sex at all on the trip even though leading up to it she kept telling me how much she was looking forward to it. On the last day she blew up at me and started blaming me for a) not making enough time for us to be intimate, even though we were in bed together every night and for several hours after waking up every morning b) “rushing” her by reminding her gently of the dinner reservations she wanted and c) making her wait in lines (we didn’t wait in many lines at all because she balked at the time, we didn’t even do some of the rides I was most looking forward to because of the wait times being over ten minutes!) and d) because I insisted we go to the dinner the night before. I defended myself by reminding her that I had made lots of time for us in the original plan that she scrapped unilaterally, and even in the revised plans, and I even offered (without her asking) to skip an entire park day once so we could stay in the room together. She ended up sleeping until 1pm and then playing on her phone. I pointed out all the rides we skipped so she didn’t have to wait in line and she just broke down sobbing that she ruined the trip and was awful and didn’t deserve me. I’ve never been more confused in my life. We made up on the plane ride back and I tried to focus on the good parts of the trip and put it behind us.

Now, a month later, she’s busy all the time, and while we talk every day on the phone, I don’t see her much at all. Maybe five or six times since the trip. She said she loved the trip and looks forward to going again, but honestly I didn’t enjoy it. Furthermore, I went back and downloaded all of our ride photos and characters photos and in most of them she isn’t even smiling. I looked at all the photos I took (I bring my camera everywhere) and all the ones with her were just full of frowns. I found myself photoshopping smiles on to her face before I posted anything to Facebook because I was embarrassed. I don’t know what to do, I feel like she ruined the vacation. I am not normally one to care about money because I’m very fortunate with my work and finances to be quite well funded, so I tend to not care about costs but it hurts that I spent about $5k on this whole trip, (she pitched in about $350) and she didn’t seem to enjoy it at all and neither did I, and now things are a mess. I feel like I need to pull the plug on things but maybe I’m overreacting? I don’t know what to do.

Tl;dr: Took girlfriend on a lavish Disney World vacation, she complained the whole time and didn’t want to do anything, I feel like the trip was a total waste.

UPDATE: Me (28/M) with my girlfriend (29/F) of 11 months, we took a vacation together and she complained about everything and ruined the trip for me

quote:

So, here is my update.

First, we are no longer together, which is for the best, but not great.

Six days ago I finally got to sit with her face to face and confronted her. I told her enough was enough and even though we fought on the trip I wasn’t going to let her avoid me. I also said if she wanted to break up she needed to be an adult and just tell me. She insisted she didn’t, and teared up a little, saying she felt guilty about how she acted on the trip. She apologized and thanked me for the trip and I forgave her and we hugged it out. Thought everything would be fine but she then dropped a bomb on me and said she wasn’t attracted to me. She never had been but she figured she could will herself in to it because otherwise I was “perfect”. She said I treated her better than anyone ever had before and she wanted that, and she loved me as a person but the idea of being physically intimate with me had no draw for her. I was hurt, and I reminded her (admittedly, a bit pointedly) her much flak she had thrown me for not making time for us to be intimate. She claims that she figured on a big romantic trip if we really worked at it she could get in to it, and that she was so upset because she thought it was her only chance. She asked if we could have a relationship without sex, and I didn’t know what to say.

I told her I needed time and we parted for two hours, when we met again, she dropped another bombshell on me. She’s been taking antidepressants for several years now and she thinks they’ve ruined her sex drive. I was hurt she had hidden it, and more than a little frustrated by the back to back confessions and I admit at this point I was starting to feel weary of the whole thing. But, I did love her, and this was hard for her so I told her the truth, I couldn’t have a relationship that wasn’t physically intimate as well as emotionally. However, I also said if she wanted to talk to her doctors again and see about supplementing the antidepressant, or changing the dose or really any ideas the doctor might have to resolve the lack of sex drive, I would wait for her. I told her I understood it could be months or years even for them to find a working combination if she wanted to try. She cried and thanked me and I thought it was all resolved.

Yesterday she called me, hysterical crying, that she didn’t want to talk to the doctor and she went cold turkey off her medicine at the advice of her mother (who is a lab tech in a hospital). In addition to a host of terrible side effects and mood swings, she said her libido has started to come back and she was masturbating again but she still wasn’t attracted to me, and was thinking about other guys. I was pretty upset at this point and I pushed her to tell me who, and I she confessed to it being one of her exes and that the idea of me didn’t excite her at all. She then insisted we break up, and hung up on me hysterical crying still. We haven’t spoken since. Late last night her sister messaged me on Facebook and told me this wasn’t her, it was the mood swings and the medicine and if I gave her some time, it would all settle out. I told her that I wasn’t interested in being a punching bag anymore and while I cared about Janice and do truly love her, I offered to wait once and her response was to tell me she wanted to sleep with someone else and that I wasn’t attractive (and while I’m writing it mildly, she had some poignant comments about my physique not being “ideal”) to her. Honestly, I’m hurt, I feel deceived and used and her sister didn’t push the issue. I asked her to please watch out for her because I know going off medicine like that is very risky, but I couldn’t be involved anymore after the way she treated me and the two big lies. It seemed right at the time.

Now though, I feel awful, I feel like I made the wrong decision and I’ve screwed up and I shouldn’t have given up on her and that now she’s going to get herself healthy and I’ve lost her by not chasing her. I know she broke things off with me, but I still feel like I did something wrong here. I feel awful and alone and sad and I don’t know what to do anymore. I know I'm being irrational and silly and that all things considered this is the best direction to go now, but I can't shake the feeling I walked away when there was time for one more try.

Tl;dr: Girlfriend wasn’t really attracted to me, hid that and antidepressants and broke up with me when I confronted her about it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Haifisch posted:

Me (28/M) with my girlfriend (29/F) of 11 months, we took a vacation together and she complained about everything and ruined the trip for me

UPDATE: Me (28/M) with my girlfriend (29/F) of 11 months, we took a vacation together and she complained about everything and ruined the trip for me

I laughed

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Hmm yes, we went out of our way to go to this expensive theme park, let's spend most of our time in the loving gift shops.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That one kinda hits close to home because I had a similar incident in high school. My girlfriend wanted to go the circus so I took her but when we got there she was awful and bitchy the whole time. Afterwards she broke down crying saying she completely ruined everything. We ended up splitting up a few months later.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Hmm yes, we went out of our way to go to this expensive theme park, let's spend most of our time in the loving gift shops.

I know a gal who loves disney world, but at this point shes been so many times its basically now just disney pin trading trips with some rides or whatever I guess.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haifisch posted:

A lot of people do this.

If you want to get the most out of Disney you need a plan. Many people like to be flexible, and that's fine, but at Disney that means waiting in long lines and wasting hours deciding where to go next.

Get there at opening, prioritize your rides ahead of time, have your meals picked out. Then spend the insanely hot afternoon at one of the hotel bars or in the air conditioned gift shop. Or nap time. Naps are good.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

Holy poo poo.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I want to go to Disney Land. I'll wear a dress and he can take me.

I don't get that relationship at all.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I want to go to Disney Land. I'll wear a dress and he can take me.

I don't get that relationship at all.

antidepressants removing libido and then heaping it all back on. makes sense to me

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Psychiatric drugs lowering your libido is a thing. That and weight gain.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Haifisch posted:

I don't think the problem is the Disney World trip and much more that he's a low self-esteem weirdo nerd and she's a lying crazy person. I have no idea how their relationship ever worked. Losing libido from antidepressants is one thing, but lying to your partner about it and threatening to cheat is another. But I'd love to go to Disney World and I'm planning on doing that with my girlfriend eventually.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 1, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Oh yes, that bit does. It's the him wanting a physical relationship and not asking her why until 11 months thing. Like he just seemed oblivious to it all.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TOOT BOOT posted:

Psychiatric drugs lowering your libido is a thing. That and weight gain.

Yeah but they don't make you be an rear end in a top hat about how your boyfriend is a wee dicked lard boy

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I don't think the problem is the Disney World trip and much more that he's a low self-esteem weirdo nerd and she's a lying crazy person. I have no idea how their relationship ever worked. Losing libido from antidepressants is one thing, but lying to your partner about it and threatening to cheat is another. But I'd love to go to Disney World and I'm planning on doing that with my girlfriend eventually.
Well yes, but the gift shops were the funny bit in the sea of :therapy:.

In retrospect I should have bolded the entire paragraph about her going off her meds based on mom's advice, too.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Me[29M] dating a girl[28F] for a week and she shows up at my moms house unannounced

quote:

I met this woman about 2 weeks ago and we instantly hit it off. Like, totally love struck Hollywood type stuff. I have been driving 2 hours every weekend to spend time with my grandfather who is on hospice care for the last 5 weeks and is living at my mom's house. I found out that the in home care had been stealing from us. He went through my service records, stole my medals(purple heart and fleet marine force pins) and challenge coins that I had kept at my mom's house while I'm away at university. After figuring out all the things he's taken from us we called the police. After dealing with the police I get a text saying to come outside. The girl had driven all the way to "give me a hug" to an address that I had never given her. She shows up completely unannounced to do this. Instead of feeling elated to find out she was nearby I felt very very very violated. I had my personal space violated and I felt very vulnerable and here is this girl showing up out of the blue.

I believe this to be a massive abuse of privacy and I cannot believe this was an innocent attempt to comfort me. I honestly need validation as my friends were not very helpful. One of them thought it was cute. In my opinion this is reason enough to not continue dating this person but part of me still has those blinders on. So I'm asking you all for some insight.

I apologize for any ambiguity as I'm still trying to process everything. I can provide more details if need be. Thank you for time.

tl;dr girl I've been dating for two weeks shows up announced to my mom's house and I've never given her the address. Please help.

:redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
wait, I'm having problems with the pronouns in that last story

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

quote:

I honestly need validation as my friends were not very helpful. One of them thought it was cute
Sorry bro, your friends got all their socialization from romantic comedies. Time to take them out back and shoot 'em.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Danaru posted:

Me[29M] dating a girl[28F] for a week and she shows up at my moms house unannounced

:redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag:

PTSD

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I wonder how she found him. I might let that one slide the first time depending on the circumstances.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Medication is a tool but it still requires a person make an effort to be rational. I'm not saying it's okay but the op's girlfriend's behavior doesn't suprise me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

new phone who dis posted:

I wonder how she found him. I might let that one slide the first time depending on the circumstances.

she's actually liam neeson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

new phone who dis posted:

quote:

She told me that she googled it. I don't believe that at all and I have no idea how she got the address as it is nowhere on social media. My mom is extremely careful about her personal information after she had her identity stolen.