Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

there's (correctly) saying soviet command punished sex crimes by execution and imprisonment and then there's saying because the nazi occupation was brutal mass rape is justified. jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

stone cold posted:

im glad you think intoxicated consent is absolute consent and discount victims

that's real precious

There is no such thing as absolute consent, and if there'd actually been a complaint, as opposed to this idiot talking about this one time someone showed enthusiastic consent when they were both high, then I'd see your response in a different light. As it seemed then and as it seemed when this came up in slack and as it seems now when I revisit it, the process was that you've concluded he was a bad man, which made you interpret what he said as admission of rape, and took it from there. You got the probation you deserved. Maybe focus on being a better poster instead of rationalizing your lovely behavior.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

R. Guyovich posted:

there's (correctly) saying soviet command punished sex crimes by execution and imprisonment and then there's saying because the nazi occupation was brutal mass rape is justified. jesus christ

i really try not to lie

:sigh:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There is no such thing as absolute consent, and if there'd actually been a complaint, as opposed to this idiot talking about this one time someone showed enthusiastic consent when they were both high, then I'd see your response in a different light. As it seemed then and as it seemed when this came up in slack and as it seems now when I revisit it, the process was that you've concluded he was a bad man, which made you interpret what he said as admission of rape, and took it from there. You got the probation you deserved. Maybe focus on being a better poster instead of rationalizing your lovely behavior.

ok im just gonna go be done for a while since you don't get it

hey homeex while you're here can you probate me for a week or so, i really need an sa vacation because i thought i could handle engaging with rape apologetics and i cant

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

stone cold posted:

i really try not to lie

:sigh:

Then why are you calling this admission of rape?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

One time this girl and i smoked a blunt and did it, i didnt know yet that her whipping off her shirt was patriarchal programming and she was too intoxicated to give consent

I wasnt even 20 yet. ill turn myself into the police tonight.

Edit:

stone cold posted:

ok im just gonna go be done for a while since you don't get it

hey homeex while you're here can you probate me for a week or so, i really need an sa vacation because i thought i could handle engaging with rape apologetics and i cant

Now who's being a loving martyr?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i've seen kindergarten slap fights with more pathos

*in the spirit of the current thread mood* Oh, so you like watching kindergartens?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Then why are you calling this admission of rape?

ah yes being high would definitely not lower inhibitions and mess you up

certainly no intoxicated person ever has ever been raped because clearly they were enthusiastically consenting

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Randler posted:

*in the spirit of the current thread mood* Oh, so you like watching kindergartens?

sometimes the teachers take their eyes off the box of afternoon snacks and i can steal a fistful of peanut butter crackers

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Randler posted:

How do you know he's able to "watch" anything, you ableist scumbag?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Majorian posted:

Where can I buy one?!

one does not acquire a shield like Svornbarjne via mere purchase, one must earn it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

stone cold posted:

ah yes being high would definitely not lower inhibitions and mess you up

certainly no intoxicated person ever has ever been raped because clearly they were enthusiastically consenting

Literally nobody said that. You are, again, as in the post you were probated for, pulling things out of your rear end.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
jfc I forgot it was D1zzl3 at the center of all this.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Paracaidas posted:

jfc I forgot it was D1zzl3 at the center of all this.

yeah that dude's usually involved in real Dire stuff

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

I love mine super blue. :3:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

fishmech posted:

one does not acquire a shield like Svornbarjne via mere purchase, one must earn it.

Bullshit, I want to purchase a shield that protects from capitalism as the ultimate irony.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Literally nobody said that. You are, again, as in the post you were probated for, pulling things out of your rear end.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Yeah, that is in fact not what I'm saying at all. Thank you for demonstrating it again.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

what happens if I, someone who's once had weed sex when so high I could barely function, disagree with weed lowering inhibitions?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Control Volume posted:

what happens if I, someone who's once had weed sex when so high I could barely function, disagree with weed lowering inhibitions?

what happens if you, someone who hasn't posted in dadchat in nearly 1,000 pages (or longer!), decided to own your loving opinion like an adult instead of playing dumbass "what if" games with a survivor of sexual violence?

Maybe you don't look like a tremendous piece of poo poo. I don't know. I'm just spitballing here.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

my opinion is that my experience is in no way comparable to the trauma of rape. I also don't have knowledge of practically any poster in this thread so I'm not sure where this "survivor of sexual violence" thing is coming from.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Randler posted:

Any American who says he is not rich should be required to post a balance sheet including all their assets and liabilities

randler trying on the sly to get people to post their kink (other people's finances arranged in neat clean tables)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Brainiac Five posted:

Can't wait for your wifey to accidentally snap your spine and liberate us from your posting.

lmfao

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

It's true. We've got some good poo poo in there.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Control Volume posted:

my opinion is that my experience is in no way comparable to the trauma of rape. I also don't have knowledge of practically any poster in this thread so I'm not sure where this "survivor of sexual violence" thing is coming from.
It's less than 30 posts upthread, dead in the middle of the conversation that you felt the need to passively involve yourself in.

In the meantime, people experience and interpret events in their lives differently. I'm very happy that you do not feel the moment you're discussing was very (at all?) traumatic. Try not to use it to invalidate the trauma of others?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
incredibly frail mr burns esque man presses a button and down descens a female version of the undertaker to devastate people who say "communism is bad" on the internet: WIN

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ArfJason posted:

incredibly frail mr burns esque man presses a button and down descens a female version of the undertaker to devastate people who say "communism is bad" on the internet: WIN

I look more like a young Oliver Reed, except with blonde hair.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Paracaidas posted:

It's less than 30 posts upthread, dead in the middle of the conversation that you felt the need to passively involve yourself in.

In the meantime, people experience and interpret events in their lives differently. I'm very happy that you do not feel the moment you're discussing was very (at all?) traumatic. Try not to use it to invalidate the trauma of others?

I'm the only person in this thread who has mentioned having sex after smoking weed and the other person in the thread where this argument first took place also didn't feel traumatized. If someone else has an experience here to refute me where weed lowered their inhibitions then by all means they can bludgeon me with it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Control Volume posted:

Good for you. I'm glad that your experiences with sex under debilitating circumstances weren't traumatizing! :thumbsup:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

edited

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 1, 2017

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

here you go. hop you enjoy it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
NM, thanks.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Done.

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 1, 2017

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
*reads through a few more recent pages, I throw my voice so it sounds like someone is starting a chant in the back of the room*

let's!
close!
dadchat!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
whoa did you hear that voice guys? i dunno who said that but hell, I agree.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Avshalom is the platonic ideal of a good poster, effectronica is the platonic ideal of a bad poster.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

hakimashou posted:

Avshalom is the platonic ideal of a good poster, effectronica is the platonic ideal of a bad poster.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Effectronica is best known for writing fanfiction of posters if they happened to be one of the two leaders in hit first person shooter Far Cry 4

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Majorian posted:

How do you know he's able to "watch" anything, you ableist scumbag?

the implicit argument that ableism isn't a real thing comes in from far right field the heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
my d&d posting alignment is platonic neutral

• Locked thread