Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm assuming all of the new characters are getting those weird super power granting pills or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

I'm assuming all of the new characters are getting those weird super power granting pills or whatever?

Rage.

HAAAAAAAAAAH!!! *does his super*

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

omg chael crash posted:

I would assume other than possibly Scarecrow, since it is ambiguous what exactly is really occurring during his fights.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lawful Evil Supes owns bones. I remember the storyline from the WB animated Superman cartoon where he gets brainwashed by Darkseid and puts on this crazy black warlord armor and antler helmet and just becomes this natural disaster.

He flies around standing straight up and down with pointed toes and uses his eye beams to just savage everything. He doesn't lift a finger and basically hog ties Earth in a month. I can't even remover how anyone stops him.

I'm very excited to learn this game. I suck at fighting games because I'm not great at memorizing combo strings but I want to get good at Darkseid, Braniac and Swamp Thing. I wanna like scarecrow but his design is just "Fiddlesticks from LOL" and even though his kit is beastmode he just looks a tad too dorky for me to get hooked [ a pun! ]

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

I remember the storyline from the WB animated Superman cartoon where he gets brainwashed by Darkseid and puts on this crazy black warlord armor and antler helmet and just becomes this natural disaster.

That was "Legacy", the two-part series finale and it indeed ruled

if I remember correctly Supergirl shows up and seeing Supergirl + his symbol fighting against causes him to snap and he nearly murders her, but between that and lois showing up to talk him down, he starts to break free of the brainwashing juuuuuust in time to be hit by a kryptonite missile which takes him out for a while

I think he breaks out and flies to apokolips to put hands on Darkseid and beats him into submission and frees all of D's slaves, but they pick him up and carry him off to heal him anyway because:

(this should put you at 1:13)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phWcmwlpjQo&t=73s

anyway this would be a fuckin' ballin' superman armor set:

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Even though there are many resources to use I find these threads are what help me up my game the most and find the sweet go-to BnBs that I end up loving.

Also, is the Mr. Freeze skin a confirmed thing? I remember seeing the leaked screenshot of his mug but I could've sworn it was later revealed to just be a color shader and not an actual premium skin.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Lawful Evil Supes owns bones. I remember the storyline from the WB animated Superman cartoon where he gets brainwashed by Darkseid and puts on this crazy black warlord armor and antler helmet and just becomes this natural disaster.

He flies around standing straight up and down with pointed toes and uses his eye beams to just savage everything. He doesn't lift a finger and basically hog ties Earth in a month. I can't even remover how anyone stops him.

You're mixing up times Supes has gone to the dark side. In TAS he gets brainwashed, but he fights largely the same as usual. In Batman Beyond, he gets mind-controlled by evil alien starfish Starro and chases down Terry like a weird zombie eye beam machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oDuHgkG4W4

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

KOMI posted:

Even though there are many resources to use I find these threads are what help me up my game the most and find the sweet go-to BnBs that I end up loving.

Also, is the Mr. Freeze skin a confirmed thing? I remember seeing the leaked screenshot of his mug but I could've sworn it was later revealed to just be a color shader and not an actual premium skin.

https://youtu.be/XUZq9565X-4?t=2m5s

Basically right here on color pallets theres an icon for Dr Freeze on there and that seems how there going to do Premium characters, basically just an all over palate/skin swap. Of course with their own voice lines and other differences

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Very excited for this game, loved MKX, loved Injustice. Can't wait!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So I guess Ed Boon has confirmed this is heading to the PC but it's launching way after the consoles.

Wonder if they're just waiting on an Ultimate Edition before bringing it there.

Pretty stoked either way.

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
Canadian guy, here's Grodd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMHvXGEBsRw

Arthur Bowlsworth fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 30, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Just watched and came here to post it actually.

And all I can say is

:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

I already knew about the b2 restand, but you can cancel his charge early, AND he has a dash cancelable move which is freakin huge. Ketchup shown off the exact corner oki setup I hoped was possible too so I couldn't be happier.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/c8lxjTJ.gifv

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

GOTY

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So I guess Ed Boon has confirmed this is heading to the PC but it's launching way after the consoles.

Wonder if they're just waiting on an Ultimate Edition before bringing it there.

Pretty stoked either way.

After dealing with MKX and Arkham Knight on PC I'm pretty hesitant to trust ported WB stuff

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Holy poo poo! Nether Realms thinks of everything.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

*P1 punches Darksied (P2)*
*Darksied uses omega beam*
*Both players are sent back to character select*

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sinners Sandwich posted:

*P1 punches Darksied (P2)*
*Darksied uses omega beam*
*Both players are sent back to Mortal Kombat 1*

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Oh, so looks like Brainiac has Boss specific moves and Boss specific stage interactions. Nifty.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
But does he have armor against everything and a hilarious taunt??

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Canadian posted:

Oh, so looks like Brainiac has Boss specific moves and Boss specific stage interactions. Nifty.

Yea was just gonna post the vid I saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXaNeOiz4NU

Glad to see boss Brainiac is actually the character on steroids (the dude doing it thinks he has literally every possible move, as if he had every gear piece at once and all) and not just the same dude with higher numbers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I forget, did the Injustice comic ever address the Kents after the end of the first year?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I forget, did the Injustice comic ever address the Kents after the end of the first year?

They showed up briefly in whichever annual it was that covered the fate of the Teen Titans in a flashback to way early in Year One (Wally West and Beast Boy die in the Metropolis nuke, Superboy and the other Titans-sans Cyborg and Raven-try to trap Superman in the Phantom Zone after he starts turning all dictatory), but I don't think anything besides that. Presumably they went back to Kansas and lived uneasily but quietly, because if you'd be crazy to mess with Superman's parents before...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

McSpanky posted:

They showed up briefly in whichever annual it was that covered the fate of the Teen Titans in a flashback to way early in Year One (Wally West and Beast Boy die in the Metropolis nuke, Superboy and the other Titans-sans Cyborg and Raven-try to trap Superman in the Phantom Zone after he starts turning all dictatory), but I don't think anything besides that. Presumably they went back to Kansas and lived uneasily but quietly, because if you'd be crazy to mess with Superman's parents before...

I think they showed again during Bizarro's arc on year five.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

The Kents and Jor-El embracing each other and apologizing for mutually failing to raise Superman more nobly was probably the most emotional moment in the comic in my opinion.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's this I'm reading about Black Adam having two traits?

Edit: Oh, lame it's a gear thing. He can get Shazam's trait through gear. Another cool thing that's never going to get played with 😣

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 1, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fadam posted:

Edit: Oh, lame it's a gear thing. He can get Shazam's trait through gear. Another cool thing that's never going to get played with 😣

If the rumors are accurate about Shazam being a premium skin for Black Adam maybe he'll begin with that trait by default instead.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

ImpAtom posted:

If the rumors are accurate about Shazam being a premium skin for Black Adam maybe he'll begin with that trait by default instead.

I very much doubt premium skins to have any balance changes. Except different look/voice/particle effects but if one thing is different then its a brand new character at that point.

Like mk9 with human Cyrax and Sektor, they used certain moves differently since they were not robots, so certain animations changed which changed their frame counts. Human Sektor could do combos Cyborg sektor simply could not, despite being just a "different skin".

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Wow didn't know those had different frames. That seems like something Nerverrealm would specifically address

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Human Cyrax and Sektor were too good for this world.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So my guess for the story:

1a: Supergirl comes to Earth, wonders why her cousin is in jail, frees him.
1b: Grodd's crew gets up to some poo poo, Batman's crew has to stop him.
2: Superman runs wild over everyone, Batman and crew put him back in jail after Supergirl realizes her cousin is a dick now.
3: Brainiac invades, Batman and Supergirl have to re-free Superman and ~*~*w0rK t0g3tH3r**~! in order to beat him.
4: Superman kills Batman and Supergirl, reclaims Earth, and says he's going to take over the other Earth from Injustice 1 because that's how the Justice Lords storyline kinda went.

Just based off trailers and some of the character dialog, plus how comics/games generally work.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

So my guess for the story:

1a: Supergirl comes to Earth, wonders why her cousin is in jail, frees him.
1b: Grodd's crew gets up to some poo poo, Batman's crew has to stop him.
2: Superman runs wild over everyone, Batman and crew put him back in jail after Supergirl realizes her cousin is a dick now.
3: Brainiac invades, Batman and Supergirl have to re-free Superman and ~*~*w0rK t0g3tH3r**~! in order to beat him.
4: Superman kills Batman and Supergirl, reclaims Earth, and says he's going to take over the other Earth from Injustice 1 because that's how the Justice Lords storyline kinda went.

Just based off trailers and some of the character dialog, plus how comics/games generally work.

The dialogue makes it sound a lot more like Supergirl puts Superman back in prison at the end and is possibly the 'canonical' one to beat Braniac, giving them a somewhat happy ending where there is a new non-poo poo Kryptonian around.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Does Superman have a posses?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I don't think the comics ever get that specific about Kryptonian anatomy, but you'd have to ask Gavok.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Does Superman have a posses?

At minimum he appears to have Robin, all of their dialogue is about them working together.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

At minimum he appears to have Robin, all of their dialogue is about them working together.

Cyborg seems like he's still team Supes so he's got a chunk of the Teen Titans.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Supergirl at the very least starts out on his team.

oh and Wonder Woman is still on Superman's team.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://youtu.be/zc9eX1uf7h8

People think Boon is implicitly confirming Ares as DLC on this interview.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

fadam posted:

I really hope the gear power changes are allowed in high level play, it seems like NRS went out of their way to balance them and somehow I doubt trading Poison Ivy's bark armor for cactus spines is gonna break the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

Cyborg seems like he's still team Supes so he's got a chunk of the Teen Titans.

Well Supes put half of them in the Phantom Zone so I doubt they'd be excited to join up.

• Locked thread