Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i've never seen a meltdown last this long before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

icantfindaname posted:

i'm talking about the period before 1945, friend. have you ever wondered why the third world was so poor to begin with (hint:one of the most important aspects of colonialism was the forcing open of markets to global trade)

1945-1973 otoh was a period of highly restricted international trade. this did not change until the era of neoliberalism from the 70s onward

your opinions are an artefact of only having any idea of what was happening in the usa, western europe, japan, and china. you're dumb and wrong

So, you have no response to the main thrust beyond squeaking "you're wrong" and clutching onto MicroEcon 101 textbooks. Typical.

EugeneJ posted:

I'm Jewish

Mazel!

Okay so you're going to avoid defending the doxxing thing? I mean, everyone is apparently cool with it, so you're among friends who will lovingly defend your bald transphobia, justify it, insist that anyone who objects is an identity politics centrist, etc. Smart move, you'd probably only shoot yourself in the foot if you opened your mouth more.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

Do you crossdress because your wiener doesn't work

It feels like you're projecting

yikes

this is so revolting, i hope you feel ashamed

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brainiac Five posted:

Okay so you're going to avoid defending the doxxing thing? I mean, everyone is apparently cool with it, so you're among friends who will lovingly defend your bald transphobia, justify it, insist that anyone who objects is an identity politics centrist, etc. Smart move, you'd probably only shoot yourself in the foot if you opened your mouth more.

Bernie Sanders loves you

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I want anyone who's LGBT and in the tank for Bernie to take a good long look at this post:

EugeneJ posted:

Do you crossdress because your wiener doesn't work

It feels like you're projecting

And consider why this guy felt like it was safe to make it in this thread, why he felt it would be met with sympathy from Bernie supporters.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I support Bernie Sanders because of his Jewish agenda to kill all the inferior races.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Brainiac Five posted:

I want anyone who's LGBT and in the tank for Bernie to take a good long look at this post:

And consider why this guy felt like it was safe to make it in this thread, why he felt it would be met with sympathy from Bernie supporters.

This applies to all your posts in this thread as well.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Alienwarehouse posted:

This applies to all your posts in this thread as well.

Hell yes, I was waiting for someone to "both sides are bad" transphobia. Sure, this fellow is an open transphobe, but the other guy is so mean, I just think they're morally equivalent.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brainiac Five posted:

It made you meltdown and out yourself, fishmech

Like college all over again

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Brainiac Five posted:

k looked at

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Brainiac Five posted:

Hell yes, I was waiting for someone to "both sides are bad" transphobia. Sure, this fellow is an open transphobe, but the other guy is so mean, I just think they're morally equivalent.

Please, don't oversell yourself by merely saying you're bad.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv posted:

k looked at

Homeless Friend posted:

Please, don't oversell yourself by merely saying you're bad.

Thank you for admitting that your support for LGBT people does not extend to defending them against Nazis.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Brainiac Five posted:

Thank you for admitting that your support for LGBT people does not extend to defending them against Nazis.

It's so true

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Brainiac Five posted:

who gets this angry on D&D hahahaha

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

nothing wrong with being a very kawaii magical princess

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Was worried for a bit that these Bernie Brethren might be a bit different from the other flavor of democrats, but now that I know that they dont care about LGBT issues beyond lip service, hell, my fears are stayed

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Control Volume posted:

Was worried for a bit that these Bernie Brethren might be a bit different from the other flavor of democrats, but now that I know that they dont care about LGBT issues beyond lip service, my fears are stayed

I'm glad you all are so willing to say that someone who believes trans women are men in dresses has a place in the ideal Democratic Party.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Brainiac Five posted:

So, you have no response to the main thrust beyond squeaking "you're wrong" and clutching onto MicroEcon 101 textbooks. Typical.

that has nothing to do with microeconomics and nothing to do with the standard liberal line in economics, it's a revisionist critique of free trade. sorry you've hitched your wagon to free trade being a progressive, positive good, you're still wrong and dumb

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Brainiac Five posted:

I'm glad you all are so willing to say that someone who believes trans women are men in dresses has a place in the ideal Democratic Party.

Gotta grab those moderate republican votes somehow

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Only six hours? Gee whiz.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Kilroy posted:

Only six hours? Gee whiz.

give it time

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brainiac Five posted:

Cool, can you get around to "both sides are bad"-ing the transphobic doxxer and SASS poster?

EugeneJ, that was a really lovely, transphobic post you made, and I don't think there's any place in the Sanders movement for bigotry like that. I'm glad you got probated for it.

Now, Eff, explain to us why we should believe you have any political insights to offer beyond the same losing strategy that you still cling to.

e: Ahahaha, late on both counts! That's what I get for taking a nap.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Brainiac Five posted:

Ask yourself the same question about Abuela re the Reagans. Or why the dems still treat Barney Franks as an elder statesman.

The number of people who give a poo poo about trans people is vastly, vastly larger in the left than in the center.

Agnosticnixie fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 1, 2017

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

I swear B5 sets an alarm every time he is probated and counts down the days until he can come back to these threads and post. Aren't there any JRPG threads that present a more compelling audience to troll?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

please be merciful mods, i dont think he really wants,to murder me

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

steinrokkan posted:

Glad to see you'd chastise me rather than the rear end in a top hat who decided to start throwing personal insults around.

Well I don't need insults to do that, but yeah it's kinda been etched in stone that I have my own belief and you have a polar opposite

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Dizz posted:

Well I don't need insults to do that, but yeah it's kinda been etched in stone that I have my own belief and you have a polar opposite

I hope that's hyperbole.:stare:

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Ze Pollack posted:

he's still mad that when he lumped every PoC, gay, trans, and otherwise minority voter in Kansas in as "odious" filth unworthy of his support, I pointed out MLK's stance on people like him was a pretty solid "poo poo or get off the pot, man."

Genuinely believe him and rudatron should have a heart-to-heart, they'll find they're very much in agreement on the horror of "idpol." How dare those uppity fuckers want help when I'd prefer not to offer any.
For someone so smug and self congratulatory, you really know absolutely nothing about what I believe, have said, or want. I've never seen anyone so committed to pot shots, so lacking in basic accuracy.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Also don't doxx people please, or attack their gender identity, that's garbage behaviour from garbage people.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

rudatron posted:

Also don't doxx people please, or attack their gender identity, that's garbage behaviour from garbage people.

:agreed: Again, transphobia, homophobia, misogyny, racism, and other forms of bigotry have no place whatsoever in a leftist movement.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Majorian posted:

:agreed: Again, transphobia, homophobia, misogyny, racism, and other forms of bigotry have no place whatsoever in a leftist movement.

also, in this thread. please don't do it.

likewise, please don't tell each other to kill each other in this thread, there's been a lot of that and it's bad. thanks

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Clinton used an algorithm to decide when and where and how to campaign. Is the DNC relying on the same algorithm to make its decisions?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

in a further sign of these being the end times even matt burrito boy yglesias wrote a good take on this

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/4/25/15419740/obama-speaking-fee

quote:

Obama's $400,000 Wall Street speaking fee will undermine everything he believes in

To fight the rising tide of populism, mainstream leaders need to raise their ethical game.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Majorian posted:

I hope that's hyperbole.:stare:

Why would I ever be serious in this thread? There's some good lols in here

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

i am harry posted:

Clinton used an algorithm to decide when and where and how to campaign. Is the DNC relying on the same algorithm to make its decisions?

Yes.

At least if by algorithm you mean: "who is going to write me the biggest checks."

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Brainiac Five posted:

Why should we benefit American labor aristocrats over other sectors of the proletariat, especially by lying to ourselves about how protectionism on the part of the rich countries benefits the poor countries of the world?

A rising tide lifts all boats --> bow to the whims of capital as it seeks to reduce cost centres and pits workers interests against each other.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

rudatron posted:

For someone so smug and self congratulatory, you really know absolutely nothing about what I believe, have said, or want. I've never seen anyone so committed to pot shots, so lacking in basic accuracy.

your instinctive reaction, in the aftermath of donald trump being elected, was to blame the people who said racism was a thing for causing it.

your "leftism" is a joke with the same punchline as the liberals you claim to despise: "i'm all for the weak until they ask me to do anything for them, at which point they become the reason conservatives win."

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Democrats: Why can't they be more like Labour?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Brainiac Five posted:

American labor aristocrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Ze Pollack posted:

your instinctive reaction, in the aftermath of donald trump being elected, was to blame the people who said racism was a thing for causing it.

your "leftism" is a joke with the same punchline as the liberals you claim to despise: "i'm all for the weak until they ask me to do anything for them, at which point they become the reason conservatives win."
Wrong, the poster said america had a 'white people problem', and I think that's exactly the kind of thinking that's part of the problem, so I reacted against them. That you believe this constitutes racism demonstrates your ideological bankruptcy.

Now, if you could kindly get your facts straight, before you start helldumping, that would be grand.

• Locked thread