Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

Phat Makoto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

computer, thicc makoto

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

10kapp posted:

In my own headcanon though Makoto gained 20 pounds over the course of the game and Joker starts to regret dating her. There's a finals study scene in december where the party asks Joker if he's ever thought about getting married, and I answered "no", followed by a sad look from Makoto. Makoto looks a little heavier than normal in her winter wear and this all made perfect sense at the time.

Please finish this fanfic and PM it to me

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Wait until the withdrawal sets in :smith:

I've been antsy and uninterested in playing games recently. Not much catches my attention anymore. I can't tell if it's because of the meds or if it's because I got sick of my NG+ playthrough.

vvvv could also be this

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 1, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A disgraceful lack of thicc girls

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I'm going into September and just need a yes or no or "it's complicated" for this. Are we really going to do the "OH NO THE MASCOT IS BEING ONE-UPPED BY THE NEW PERSON WITH BETTER ANALYSIS POWERS" plot again???

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Used to just play games for an hour or 2 before getting bored and doing something else. It's why I like overwatch and Rocket League
Persona 5 (and Nier Automata 2 months ago) made me lose sleep playing it the whole weekend. I'm in September and I just want to continue playing. It's so good.
These games are pulling me back into gaming.

Nephrite posted:

I'm going into September and just need a yes or no or "it's complicated" for this. Are we really going to do the "OH NO THE MASCOT IS BEING ONE-UPPED BY THE NEW PERSON WITH BETTER ANALYSIS POWERS" plot again???

I'm also in September but the answer is yes.

Sefal fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 1, 2017

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Nephrite posted:

Yup.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
God loving damnit.

I can already tell why people say this is the worst Palace.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

It doesn't last too long and leads to a couple amusing scenes at least.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Magician arcana character must always have jealousy issues, after all.

Sankis posted:

Is there a situation like in Persona 4 where once you finish the final dungeon it skips to the ending? Or can I finish the final palace quickly and gently caress about like usual?

From last night, but: no, there is not. You can safely finish the seventh Palace with as much time to spare as you want. The game doesn't prematurely end on you.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
GamesPERSONA 5: You can clear the dungeons whenever, it's fine

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I actually don't remember that part from Persona 4 but I haven't played it all the way through since it came out. I wonder if I lost a bunch of December by completing the final dungeon early or if I knew about it and saved it for the last second, I really don't remember.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
1st palace I remember loving up a day by almost making it to the treasure room, low on sp, Thinking alright, Boss is up ahead, just going to go home and fight the boss tomorrow. After I went in. I was kicked out within 10 minutes because I needed to send the calling card.

That was fun.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Sefal posted:

1st palace I remember loving up a day by almost making it to the treasure room, low on sp, Thinking alright, Boss is up ahead, just going to go home and fight the boss tomorrow. After I went in. I was kicked out within 10 minutes because I needed to send the calling card.

That was fun.

I'm not sure why that happened to so many people given that the game warns you before every miniboss and that you've already been thrown out of the palace a couple times.

E: and that there's a safe room immediately beforehand where you can save.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Please don't date Ann, you'll make the cat sad.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Recently unlocked akihabara. I was there a few weeks ago.
This got a laugh out of me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:lol: at Morgana taking a ride with you while you do Pullups in your room.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Harlock posted:

Please don't date Ann, you'll make the cat sad.

That's just a bonus

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
It can't be helped; whoever you date you'll always make someone sad. Usually Haru.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Quick question about the beginning of palace 5 When Haru is giving Morgana's big planned speech to all of you she says to Yusuke "You need to take a hint!" What was that referring to exactly?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Saint Freak posted:

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I've finished the game, but got to watch my sister's only as far as the class trip after Palace 4.

She started laughing hysterically when Yusuke strolled into the group. It was magical.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Saint Freak posted:

haru eat the burgers

RME
Feb 20, 2012

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Saint Freak posted:

:agreed:

But Ryuji is clearly slamming protein shakes daily and even he doesn't gain any mass.
The magic of the teenage metabolism, I guess.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The December study session scene's marriage question is pretty funny and it's kind of weird that it's the only group scene that acknowledges who you're dating at all. It might be extra funny if you're dating Makoto because of her little "I'm already thinking about marrying you" slip-up at the Culture Festival so she's pleasantly surprised if you say that you plan to get married one day, too (or hilariously frustrated if you say it's a secret).

I only wish that they would've reacted if more than one person said something. Like if Joker says he wants to get married and he's dating more than one of the Phantom Thieves, there should've been this brief moment after everyone reacts where they look around and are slightly confused as to why the others care. It'd foreshadow the beating he's gonna get after Valentine's Day.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

once again
something that p3 did...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RME posted:

once again
something that p3 did...

You mean acknowledging who you're dating outside of social links? I haven't played Persona 3 since 2007 so I don't remember a lot of it all that clearly.

Instant Regret
Oct 9, 2012
Completed the game a week ago and looked through the trophies, noticed that there a hostage taking mechanic that I never saw in my playthrough. Looked up a video of it and it happened in the first dungeon in the bit where you're on the roof and there's a bunch of shadows with the red auras. I stealthed through that area without fighting any of them, did I skip a tutorial for it? I played on hard as well, where the only thing I could find is that it's less likely to happen if you're on safety. Did this happen for anyone else?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it happened to me once in palace 5 and never again. I think you just have to get lucky when being enemy ambushed?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The hostage thing can happen when an enemy knocks down one of your party members with a weakness hit or critical. It doesn't always happen when they do that, but that's what triggers it. I think it happened to me like three or four times total?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Instant Regret posted:

Completed the game a week ago and looked through the trophies, noticed that there a hostage taking mechanic that I never saw in my playthrough. Looked up a video of it and it happened in the first dungeon in the bit where you're on the roof and there's a bunch of shadows with the red auras. I stealthed through that area without fighting any of them, did I skip a tutorial for it? I played on hard as well, where the only thing I could find is that it's less likely to happen if you're on safety. Did this happen for anyone else?

Hostage taking happens when your whole team gets critted. Instead of the enemy doing an all out attack they take someone hostage. You can then either pay the price or call in the network assistance feature.

Instant Regret
Oct 9, 2012

Exmond posted:

Hostage taking happens when your whole team gets critted. Instead of the enemy doing an all out attack they take someone hostage. You can then either pay the price or call in the network assistance feature.

In the video I saw just one person got crit, all others were up.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Raxivace posted:

He's not quite as OP as he was in P4 but once I had him there were very few times that I ever needed a different Persona out.

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed in his results. For a few reasons, the SP cost for his Severe nuke is inefficient toward one day clearing palaces, he doesn't naturally learn any Fire Skills, and his Physical skills are lacking. We'll always have Persona 4, Jack. I'm afraid I have to turn you into a Whip now.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It might have to do with the disparity in levels of difficulty. I had Ryuji get crit by Berith in the first palace and taken hostage and it never happened again all game.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
From what I've read basically that hostage one is a mechanic that typically only happens when you fight something much stronger than you and get crit/weakened. So basically it will only happen at the very beginning of the game or in an extreme scenario. I missed that one as well, not looking forward to needing that one if I go for the plat. I got the 250 Nav Lines though pretty easily just before the end of the game. Still bitter about 2 ranks short of all max confidants though :argh:

Also I wasn't totally clear on something (Post P7 spoilers) When you are in the velvet room at the end, do the twins always become Lavenza or is that a result of having Strength maxed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Scorps posted:

From what I've read basically that hostage one is a mechanic that typically only happens when you fight something much stronger than you and get crit/weakened. So basically it will only happen at the very beginning of the game or in an extreme scenario. I missed that one as well, not looking forward to needing that one if I go for the plat. I got the 250 Nav Lines though pretty easily just before the end of the game. Still bitter about 2 ranks short of all max confidants though :argh:

I slid it in just under the wire. I think I got Haru's final rank on the second-to-last possible day to do so, and Iwai's final rank that night. It's the first time I've maxed all the social links in a Persona game and it felt drat good.

Scorps posted:

Also I wasn't totally clear on something (Post P7 spoilers) When you are in the velvet room at the end, do the twins always become Lavenza or is that a result of having Strength maxed?

Always happens, it's a core part of the story. The Strength confidant just gives you a bunch of foreshadowing.