Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
B&V is a must listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I liked how Dave acknowledged that Wyatt and Orton are likely going to win a few awards this year.

Sick of Dave ignoring lucha in his awards. Pierroth and Azul deserve worst feud, they've worked hard for it.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
"One room had babies hanging from the ceiling."
"THEY WEREN'T BABIES THEY WERE DOLLS."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Didn't D-Bry admit to intentionally taking bumps of his neck to "test," it at the time that Shaemus gave him the bump that pushed him over the edge?

That was with Harper and that was coming off the neck injury

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
"What a terrible feud this turned out to be"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Listening to Dave on WOR break down the changes in finish for the Bayley/Alexa match was also amazing and kinda of shows whats wrong with WWE booking right now.

Edit: Also Dave and Bryan going into Sheamus while defending Jinder was also real great

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 1, 2017

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'm a bit behind on Jim Cornette's Drive-Thru but him explaining the ether 'trick' on episode 4 is about the dumbest (and funniest) thing I've heard in a long time. I thought it was going to be something like 'we'd get something harmless and cover up the label' but nope, he'd actually go to an auto parts store and buy aerosol engine starter (which apparently has an ether base)

The 'trick' was you'd palm the middle of the rag and spray down the bottom part so when you cupped the rag over their face, they weren't directly breathing in engine starter fluid (if they didn't manage to hold their breath the entire time)

And apparently somebody at Ring Of Honor didn't want them to throw the rag into the audience afterwards since they were afraid that Sinclair would be liable if some idiot held it against their face and got hurt.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
As a Risk Management Professional yeah don't throw a rag with hazmat on it into the crowd at your all ages wrestling show

Also don't use carb starter to fire a potato gun, ether has a hell of a lot more kick than hairspray

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bryan concussed himself more off his own bumps doing drop kicks an diving headbutts. He got half of his concussions probably from the Nigel feud in ROH. His one big concussion came from the Usos in that cage match he doesn't remember.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
How is Bryan still on this kick where he's convinced Heath Slater is lying about having kids?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Bryan concussed himself more off his own bumps doing drop kicks an diving headbutts. He got half of his concussions probably from the Nigel feud in ROH. His one big concussion came from the Usos in that cage match he doesn't remember.

At least one of them probably came from his feud with Morishima. The Fight Without Honor is particularly brutal.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Daniel Bryan also hid things from his doctors because he was worried they would tell him to stop doing the dumb things he was doing, then lo and behold it turns out he isn't wrestling today because the cause of the thing he was hiding from his doctors was tons of concussions.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nigel and Bryan took turns bashing each other's heads against a ringpost in their Pure/World Title Unification match in UK. I don't think anyone's ever done that spot again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Muddy Burphy posted:

How is Bryan still on this kick where he's convinced Heath Slater is lying about having kids?

At one point, the story definitely was that Heath was full of poo poo regarding his seven kids, but it may have just quietly become true because he got so over.

Like, up to a certain point, the story was definitely "Heath has a real wife and two real daughters that he would do absolutely anything for, but we're never seeing them and this family he's talking about on TV is a complete work of fiction."

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Okay but also Shaemus should stop kicking people in the face.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

CascadeBeta posted:

Okay but also Shaemus should stop kicking people in the face.

he should kick more people imo

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

coconono posted:

Nigel and Bryan took turns bashing each other's heads against a ringpost in their Pure/World Title Unification match in UK. I don't think anyone's ever done that spot again.

He complained in his book about how some big concussion thing came out a few days after the match and made the DVDs sell poorly, and he's more upset about that than what the concussion information meant for his brain. Even now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Look if you're going to turn your brain into tapioca pudding you best well get paid for it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

coconono posted:

I've watched so many deathmatches and seen some hosed up poo poo and i still can't bring myself to watch that spot. It makes me physically ill.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nigel's definitely said before/recently that he can't remember any of his time in ROH

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Did they really take turns doing that? It's probably my favorite Danielson match ever (I didn't know much at all about concussions at the time; not sure I'd be able to stomach a rewatch of that (those?) particular spot(s)), but I only remember him doing it to Nigel until busting him open hardway.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Skjorte posted:

Did they really take turns doing that? It's probably my favorite Danielson match ever (I didn't know much at all about concussions at the time; not sure I'd be able to stomach a rewatch of that (those?) particular spot(s)), but I only remember him doing it to Nigel until busting him open hardway.

you're right. I just watched it. Bryan only took a shoulder on the post.

here's the match. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb8yBqnvqRI

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I listened to Jericho's podcast with Joe and it was pretty cool. His story about the doctor at Takeover: Dallas was great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Senerio posted:

He complained in his book about how some big concussion thing came out a few days after the match and made the DVDs sell poorly, and he's more upset about that than what the concussion information meant for his brain. Even now.

A few days after the Joe vs KENTA vs Danielson three way it came out two guys in the match got concussions. I think Danielson and KENTA.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I listened to Jericho's podcast with Joe and it was pretty cool. His story about the doctor at Takeover: Dallas was great.

Chill conversation that. Jeff Hardy on the Art of Wrestling has a similar vibe.

Carmella on Lilian Garcia's podcast left me really undecided on her. Seems pretty humble but she has a fair amount of baggage/guilt over having no indie background or being gifted like Charlotte and Alexa.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/859825158717976576

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
That just means he'll have coverage of cauliflower alley. Hopefully

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vinny: I have paid first rate money for third rate services from second rate strippers.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Who is the short Dudette.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Who is the short Dudette.

Vinny's exhaustive googling of,"Who is that one girl from 19 years ago I think is pretty?" failed to bring up any results, sadly.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Jerusalem posted:

Vinny's exhaustive googling of,"Who is that one girl from 19 years ago I think is pretty?" failed to bring up any results, sadly.

Further proof that the internet is useless

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Dave has some things to get off his chest, re: The Scoopsman

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/860641728902057984
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/860652400511664128

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/glasgowkjh/status/860816249873367041

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

These are two saddest things.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
what's up wrestling twitter's rear end today

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It sure is fun to see people who complain about Rovert/Rovertchat on this forum start up a lot of it by bringing stuff in involving another forum

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
No interest in a likely thread derail. Check out dsriggs's post history re: me. People are entitled to their opinion or some of my opinions on me but a large proportion of his posts are attacking me in some form.

In some quarters I've a rep of a Meltzer defender. I am only interested in reality being reported and if you read interviews with ex-ROH talent or just watch the product it isn't in the Observer.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Can we go back to bitching about Shaemus instead?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert is right, this would just cause a thread derail so let's just leave things alone please.

CascadeBeta posted:

Can we go back to bitching about Shaemus instead?

I gotta say, it was interesting to hear Bryan's point about how often people either deliberately twist his meaning or get information second-hand and start reporting him saying things he never said, but I do think he's only got himself to blame that people took,"If I ran WWE I'd have fired him" as,"I think the guys who run WWE should have fired him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They should but mostly because he's boring and poo poo

• Locked thread