Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Endorph posted:

p4 doesnt have any actual caucasians but teddie looks white.

actually it's kind of weird that teddie grew a white dude's body when he was hanging out with nothing but japanese dudes and was made by a japanese deity

He reached deep into the collective subconscious and withdrew the understanding that foreigners are sexier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I assume Igor is totally like Hungarian or something.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm p sure Charlie is a white name

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Terper posted:

I'm p sure Charlie is a white name

i get this ref

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
ann is white

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Ann is 1/4th white IIRC, so of course this is Japan and anybody with a drop of white blood is blonde with blue eyes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Deltasquid posted:

Ann is 1/4th white IIRC, so of course this is Japan and anybody with a drop of white blood is blonde with blue eyes
i mean, everyone in japan has either brown or black hair, so it makes sense to take any excuse to vary up the cast's looks if you're going for a more 'realistic' design sense. persona takes some liberties in places (dark blue that you can technically call black, mitsuru having red hair just like all french people do?) but there's nobody with green or pink hair like some anime.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Endorph posted:

i mean, everyone in japan has either brown or black hair, so it makes sense to take any excuse to vary up the cast's looks if you're going for a more 'realistic' design sense. persona takes some liberties in places (dark blue that you can technically call black, mitsuru having red hair just like all french people do?) but there's nobody with green or pink hair like some anime.

Fuuka had green hair, I think?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Clarste posted:

Fuuka had green hair, I think?

That was probably just mold.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Crappy Jack posted:

That was probably just mold.

No! Fuuka was both hygienic and stylish.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Fuuka is clearly the worst navigator after all 3 games. All the Persona 3 nerds are bad.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Who is fuuka I can't remember this character

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Junpei, Shinjiro and Mitsuru are a few of my favourite Persona characters. Also Koromaru.

And Fuuka has no problem calling out your bullshit if you cheat at the game (but not in relationships).

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

slev posted:

Good, keep it up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe she dyes it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
more like fuckup :smuggo:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
kanji bleaching his hair and then going back to it's og color at the end was the best thing atlus did wrt Persona 4

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Endorph posted:

Next persona game should have a foreign exchange student with black hair hanging out with gyarus and delinquents who dye their hair, IMO

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
why does yu have gray hair

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

anime was right posted:

he's sae's dad

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

anime was right posted:

cause he's a dumbass weirdo

i knew persona 4 was a game for nerds when i saw it in like ninth grade cause the main character had a gray hair bowl cut and literally everyone on the box art was wearing glasses and obv only nerds wear glasses

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 1, 2017

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Harrow posted:

Even long after finishing the game I'm still a little surprised at how well it worked to just make the Shadows classic SMT demons this time instead of weird, more abstract enemies. It works out on so many levels.
  • It actually makes more sense--if Shadows are supposed to emerge from the collective unconscious much like Personas do, why wouldn't they also take the form of prominent symbols, literary figures, and myths?

This one, in particular, doesnt make much sense to me. Shouldnt the collective unconscious be filled with things like Sheldon Cooper and the Me Gusta face?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Moltrey posted:

kanji bleaching his hair and then going back to it's og color at the end was the best thing atlus did wrt Persona 4

And then of course DAN screws that bit up too.

Ryuji would look pretty weird with black hair after a whole game getting used to him being blond.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think Ryuji would look okay with black hair.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

This one, in particular, doesnt make much sense to me. Shouldnt the collective unconscious be filled with things like Sheldon Cooper and the Me Gusta face?

Eh, probably, but in Persona, they generally reach back further and more primordial than that. It's more like Personas and Shadows represent archetypes than anything else.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

Maybe it should be an anime

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Harrow posted:

Eh, probably, but in Persona, they generally reach back further and more primordial than that. It's more like Personas and Shadows represent archetypes than anything else.

Yea, I just like the idea of mementos being filled with deadly ceiling cats and newspaper cats and keyboard cats

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

(I cant take credit for this joke unfortunately)

FOOL
Sheldon Cooper lvl 42

Zinga
Bazinga
Bazionga
Speedrun Master
Mediamarathon

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Yea, I just like the idea of mementos being filled with deadly ceiling cats and newspaper cats and keyboard cats

Ceiling Cat should be a Persona for sure

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Meme Emulator posted:

(I cant take credit for this joke unfortunately)

FOOL
Sheldon Cooper lvl 42

Zinga
Bazinga
Bazionga
Speedrun Master
Mediamarathon

no social links to the very end

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

slev posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will always treasure Fuuka because she put Mitsuru into my party

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

People just like to pick on Fuuka because theyre bullies, imo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Fuuka really has quite an unflattering haircut. It's almost impressive how much thought went into that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I like to imagine that the character designer rejected many drafts for being too stylish, and had to force themselves to make a boring-looking person.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
She has a better style in arena but her bangs are still terrible

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
look bangs are hard, at least it doesn't look like she's wearing a bad toupee.

Firebert posted:

She has a better style in arena but her bangs are still terrible

fuuka's a textbook case of Be Careful Who You Make Fun Of In High School tho

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope when all the p4 characters get redesigned for p5 arena they just keep their Golden epilogue designs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope that they age all the characters appropriately, no time warp hijinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Meme Emulator posted:

People just like to pick on Fuuka because theyre bullies, imo.

Bully here, can confirm fuuka's a massive fuckin dweeb