Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Naerasa posted:

Where did that poo poo even come from, anyway? Was there like one show or book that actually had this, or did the tumblr hivemind just wake up one morning and think: "how can we change all fanfiction to incorporate gay sex and dogdicks?"

Well the gay sex part has a long history. The dog part, I would assume comes from the really typified roles that men tend to play in these stories, and how they map fairly closely to debunked science about how wolves operate. (Well, not debunked science, but science only true for unrelated wolves in captivity.) However, how you get from liking gay romance to noticing a lot of its writing flaws are similar to outdated assumptions about a completely other species to grafting dog penises onto Frodo Baggins, I cannot tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Naerasa posted:

Where did that poo poo even come from, anyway? Was there like one show or book that actually had this, or did the tumblr hivemind just wake up one morning and think: "how can we change all fanfiction to incorporate gay sex and dogdicks?"

Like electricity, or antibiotics, great innovations tend to emerge independently from multiple sources at around the same time when the zeitgeist is ready for them.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

You'd thing one of the penises would open up to accept the other penis, rather than just go the butt route.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A lot of it is also workarounds for notions that people still enjoy but had become "problematic". So it's not "rape" if he's "in heat" and "can't help it". It's not misogynistic if he came in his rear end without permission and his partner became butt pregnant.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

quote:

grafting dog penises onto Frodo Baggins, I cannot tell you
:stonk:

I love a story with a happy ending.

quote:

r/relationshipsDating

Boyfriend cheated on me with a happy endings massage. I want to work through it. [23m+22f]

u/Kawaii_bb

My boyfriend and I have dated for one month, have been friends for 3 years beforehand. I know that the knee-jerk reaction to a boyfriend of 1 month cheating should be to DUMP HIM!, but I guess I just need some more insight. I should also mention that he has mild autism.

Last night, my boyfriend asked my opinions of "happy ending massages", if I were to judge him for getting them in the past, and how would I feel if he wanted to get one during our relationship. I expressed that I didn't care what he did before we were dating and I don't care what he does after we date, but it was an absolute dealbreaker to me for him to get one during our relationship.

He then started absolutely panicking, and confessed to me that he had gone to a happy endings massage parlor the previous day, and was feeling extremely guilty and anxious about it and had to tell me. He had gotten off of work early, and had the sudden and impulsive urge for "release". He was in a hosed-up open relationship before we started dating, and his ex was completely fine with this "arrangement". He expressed that he did not feel like it was cheating so much as it was a masturbatory experience. He also expressed that he was never going to hide this from me, and that he understood if I wanted to break up.

Needless to say, I lost my poo poo. I have never been cheated on before, and he was the last person I would have ever expected this from (due to his ex). We had a very long and hard talk, and he has very much owned up to this immense gently caress-up and is now actively seeking (sex) therapy, his first appointment is today. He claims that it was not at all due to a lacking in our intimacy or sex life, but he felt like it was a compulsive and self-destructive "addiction" that comes over him once every so often. He compared the feeling of this "addiction" to carrying a large rock in his pocket that has always weighed him down, and now that he has shown me the rock, it has hurt me immensely and now he needs to get rid of said rock if he wants to be in a serious relationship with me (which he has expressed countless times is what he wants).

Obviously, I do not trust him like I once did, and we aren't going to be having sex until he is able to work through these issues. I am very hurt and confused as to why he thought that it would be okay for him to do this and think that I would not be hurt. He is taking all of the right steps, is being very receptive to my feelings and pain, and has his first therapy appointment today. Reddit, am I being naïve? I really really like him, and before this, saw our relationship as something that would turn into a serious long-term thing. Just would like some feedback. Thank you so much for your time.

tl;dr: boyfriend cheated on me with happy ending massage, came clean on his own accord, and is now seeking treatment. What do you think?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

boner confessor posted:

that poor woman but lol at how many people pick unnecessary fights over texting habits

I dunno, I think if you're talking with one person (not a big group), and your phone buzzes, and you can't just wait to check it until you're not talking with the real human in front of your face, you should electrocute yourself at earliest convenience

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A month in and youre trying to make it work, I hope hes on the short track to being governor of Alabama.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

Well the gay sex part has a long history. The dog part, I would assume comes from the really typified roles that men tend to play in these stories, and how they map fairly closely to debunked science about how wolves operate. (Well, not debunked science, but science only true for unrelated wolves in captivity.) However, how you get from liking gay romance to noticing a lot of its writing flaws are similar to outdated assumptions about a completely other species to grafting dog penises onto Frodo Baggins, I cannot tell you.

The dog poo poo is because they're furries it's not that complicated. I live in an age where furries is the simple option.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

Also, that fails to address the issue that men are lovely morons with no feelings.

I'll have you know that I'm a lovely moron with feelings, you irascible waif.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Well, you heard her guys. He has mild autism, which means it is unfair to expect there to be consequences for his actions.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I dunno, I think if you're talking with one person (not a big group), and your phone buzzes, and you can't just wait to check it until you're not talking with the real human in front of your face, you should electrocute yourself at earliest convenience

there's just a wide variance in how people use their phones and it's funny that this causes people stress. like there are folks who are glued to their phones and if they don't immediately respond to a text they are likely ignoring you for one reason or another... but there are people who also pay very little attention to their phones. like if you text me you'll get a response the next day most likely. having communication devices that enable instant responses must be so grating for socially insecure people

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I have lots of feelings all the time. Right now Reddit is making me feel like everyone should be asexual.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

new phone who dis posted:

The dog poo poo is because they're furries it's not that complicated. I live in an age where furries is the simple option.

Nah, they're not furries. There are furry versions of these characters doing gay stuff, if that's what they wanted then that content is already there. This is really more about being able to write romance novel plotlines, including a lot of bodice-ripping, without having to cop to it being really psychotic. Furries don't get to get away with that stuff just because their work is furry, but you can't apply human relationship logic to a world where men have dicks but also go into estrus and, like some mustelids, must mate or become ill--or even dieeee. I mean, that's a dogdick universe thing, is sometimes he has to rape the other guy because the other guy, if not mated, will become sick, but he's too proud and too stubborn for ask for the life-saving cock, or too embarrassed, so it has to be forced up his rear end. Then later he'll have puppies or something. My point is, female sexuality is scary and you should be scared of it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Naerasa posted:

I seem to recall it came out of the Supernatural fan community, so not only is it gay dogdicks, it's incestuous gay dogdicks.

Pick posted:

A lot of it is also workarounds for notions that people still enjoy but had become "problematic". So it's not "rape" if he's "in heat" and "can't help it". It's not misogynistic if he came in his rear end without permission and his partner became butt pregnant.
When a male omega goes into heat they can no longer poo poo until someone gets them pregnant as their colon tunnels into their uterus. Also at some point it got expanded to involve women as well. They either have retractable dogdicks or ovipositor tentacles. There's all sorts of uncomfortably misogynistic things going on with Omegaverse people.

I can't remember what thread I found this in but it's full of solid gold.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You found that, from me linking it. I love that slide show.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh, and you're right, I don't know why we jumped to Sherlock. Yeah, it started in Supernatural. The Supernatural dog dick universe. This could be a really good Rick and Morty episode.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

Nah, they're not furries. There are furry versions of these characters doing gay stuff, if that's what they wanted then that content is already there. This is really more about being able to write romance novel plotlines, including a lot of bodice-ripping, without having to cop to it being really psychotic. Furries don't get to get away with that stuff just because their work is furry, but you can't apply human relationship logic to a world where men have dicks but also go into estrus and, like some mustelids, must mate or become ill--or even dieeee. I mean, that's a dogdick universe thing, is sometimes he has to rape the other guy because the other guy, if not mated, will become sick, but he's too proud and too stubborn for ask for the life-saving cock, or too embarrassed, so it has to be forced up his rear end. Then later he'll have puppies or something. My point is, female sexuality is scary and you should be scared of it.

God Dammit I read all of this.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

It's delicious Morty.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i'm really glad even me at my most stoned cannot touch the weird that is Tumblrsexuality

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please, everyone, check out the classic romance novel Pregnesia.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

there's also tons of poo poo like that one long-assed treatise someone wrote on the fantasy economics of catgirl piss for their own weird sex 'universe', extremely deranged animal-themed sex poo poo taken to bafflingly detailed places is the bread and butter of the internet and omegaverse stuff is just one where it took off and inspired a bunch of imitators. i assume it has something to do with internet fanfiction community politics, the sherlock girl just knew all the right dogfuckers while cat piss guy was a nobody who could never catch a bizarre deviant break

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I've only skimmed through it and it's the most hosed up stuff I've ever ever read.

Thread delivers.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

:stonk:

I love a story with a happy ending.

I'm the dude that visits Asian massage parlors for a masturbatory experience when I get horny instead of just jacking off for some reason (autism)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

there's also like that extended thing where someone wound up writing a treatise on the fantasy economics of catgirl piss, extremely deranged animal-themed sex poo poo taken to bafflingly detailed places is the bread and butter of the internet omegaverse stuff is just one where it took off and inspired a bunch of imitators. i assume it has something to do with internet fanfiction community politics, the sherlock girl just knew all the right dogfuckers or while cat piss guy was a nobody who could never catch a bizarre deviant break

Yeah, like for the show Supernatural, at some point there was a fight between people who wanted the main two characters (brothers) to bang, or the main two actors who play those characters, and at some point someone found out one of the main two actors has dogs so a lot of people switched over wanting to see the actors bang because they were willing to give up the taboo of incest (yawn) for the taboo of writing about actual people getting raped and impregnated by their dogs. Sometimes the characters get transported through time and space to the bodies of their actors so that they're actually brothers while they're being raped and impregnated by dogs. At first this seems completely insane, but then the Toronto Comic Arts festival has t-shirts for the work of a gay comic artist who does pieces about minotaurs raping guys in the rear end with egg tubes and dog rape incest so maybe it's just an "art" thing, I don't know. If I keep living in Portland I'm sure I'll find out sooner or later.

Pick fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 1, 2017

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Batterypowered7 posted:

You'd thing one of the penises would open up to accept the other penis, rather than just go the butt route.

When two gay men have sex...how do they know whose penis will open up to accept the other person's penis?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Axolotl posted:

When two gay men have sex...how do they know whose penis will open up to accept the other person's penis?

This is actually answered in Storm Constantine's series "Wraethuthu".

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

Yeah, like for the show Supernatural, at some point there was a fight between people who wanted the main two characters (brothers) to bang, or the main two actors who play those characters, and at some point someone found out one of the main two actors has dogs so a lot of people switched over wanting to see the actors bang because they were willing to give up the taboo of incest (yawn) for the taboo of writing about actual people getting raped and impregnated by their dogs. Sometimes the characters get transported through time and space to the bodies of their actors so that they're actually brothers while they're being raped and impregnated by dogs. At first this seems completely insane, but then the Toronto Comic Arts festival has t-shirts for the work of a gay comic artist who does pieces about minotaurs raping guys in the rear end with egg tubes and dog rape incest so maybe it's just an "art" thing, I don't know. If I keep living in Portland I'm sure I'll find out sooner or later.

i imagine it all works exactly like the DNC email leak stuff except just in some smoky backroom of the sci fi con

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Pick posted:

There's apparently an episode of Supernatural where the Winchester's get transported into the bodies of the actors that play them in the real world, and they end up going to a fancon. I wonder if the whole "Wincest" thing ever came up.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Wraethu was Omegaverse before anyone even else even began to think about dudes with weird dicks humping one another and having babies. It even has a RPG!

E: Wraethu have sea anemone-looking dicks.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Pick posted:

This is actually answered in Storm Constantine's series "Wraethuthu".

Wikipedia posted:

Wraeththu are true hermaphrodites, possessing both male and female sexual organs and appearing androgynous in general outward appearance. Although they appear superficially as a mix between men and women (no breasts, slim hips, but feminine body structure with no body hair or facial hair), there are numerous physical and mental differences between hara and humans ("We fight like men, and cry like women").
So, like the worst parts of both genders?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

This is Trina, she runs a blog where the Gravity Falls cast are squid people who gently caress, you've never heard of her but she can make or loving break you in this biz, kid, so mind your manners. This is Karl, he's been tapped as the heir to the guy who invented unbirthing, just do what he says and don't look directly at him. You're gonna be fine, you nail tonight's cuddle puddle you'll never have to beg for pageviews again.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

poo poo, Pick beat me to the weird fringe wank fiction post. Seppuku!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kurieg posted:

There's apparently an episode of Supernatural where the Winchester's get transported into the bodies of the actors that play them in the real world, and they end up going to a fancon. I wonder if the whole "Wincest" thing ever came up.

If nothing else, the actors definitely know about it because fans were sending death threats to their wives for keeping them apart and forcing them to be straight. Yes really.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Pick posted:

It's not misogynistic if he came in his rear end without permission and his partner became butt pregnant.

a great snippet from a serious topic.

thank you and god bless.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Pick posted:

If nothing else, the actors definitely know about it because fans were sending death threats to their wives for keeping them apart and forcing them to be straight. Yes really.

Trump wants to deport the wrong people. I'd vote for him in 2020 if he gets rid of those shitlords.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kurieg posted:

They run across some "wincest" in that episode and express their disgust at it, so yea, it did.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Here's a review of the Wraeththu RPG
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?244590-This-is-the-Wraeththu-review-you-ve-been-waiting-for

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 1, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Axolotl posted:

Trump wants to deport the wrong people. I'd vote for him in 2020 if he gets rid of those shitlords.

Trump is a firm Sastiel man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

They run across some "wincest" in that episode and express their disgust at it, so yea, it did.