Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Reverand maynard posted:

yelling "knock knock mother fucker" over the local voice before busting up in a building and shotgunniung a dude is peak videogames

I would make the predator clicky noise over prox chat in The Division. That noise at night during a blizzard would get people to stop dead in their tracks without fail :unsmigghh:

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

this is how a tru g dies

Who's got that picture of the woman holding I think an SKS and chucking a grenade, it's a black and white one cause drat if that was my first thought here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
this loving game won't let me play sober

edit: I finally found the bluetooth transmitter thing fo rthis headset so I can now actually get stereo sound and maybe can hear where things are coming from, lol. No more mono for me, hopefully

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 1, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Headphones are a huge benefit for PUBG

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
It's night and day yeah, situational awareness up like 1000%

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Buca di Bepis had an amazing moment where he took two dudes from behind and blasted them in the face with his hot load
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P5sqripgeI

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Who's got the name Abu Hajaar?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
thats pesticide

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

"surely that sniper hiding in gas has died by now" said me just now before dying to a kar98

Thus game is a lot funner with people because dumb poo poo is funny in groups but infuriating when solo

PookBear fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 1, 2017

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I cracked top 10 for the first time solo yesterday. Killed a guy with the double barrel shotgun, took his AKM, used that to kill another dude and get his AWM, then sniped another guy. Died in the closing seconds of the match after almost getting my 4th kill.

It's been a blast playing this with HCT, Godholio, Pesticide and Reverend Maynard. Feel like I've gotten my $30 worth of entertainment already.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
No question. This game is exactly what I wanted from things like DayZ.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Also for anyone on the fence about this game, the actual shooting portion of the game is pretty good. It's far, far more polished than h1z1 or dayz were. If someone is running parallel to you its actually possible to kill them.

In a lot of ways it feels like dayz except not poo poo. Compared to arma its a bit more arcadey but that simply rounds on the inherent problems with a game being too realistic, such as the lack of situational awareness due to viewing the world through a screen is minimized by a small minimap and icons that indicate where your friends are.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Story of NESticle

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/the-story-of-nesticle-the-ambitious-emulator-that-redefined-retro-gaming

my first emulator, a friend's brother had it on his PC when i was in middle school and i remember losing my poo poo at being able to play all the nes games for free on my family's PC

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My factory in factorio is operating nominally with the exception of steel production. I have moved steel production offsite but its a horrible unproductive mess.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

Also for anyone on the fence about this game, the actual shooting portion of the game is pretty good. It's far, far more polished than h1z1 or dayz were. If someone is running parallel to you its actually possible to kill them.

In a lot of ways it feels like dayz except not poo poo. Compared to arma its a bit more arcadey but that simply rounds on the inherent problems with a game being too realistic, such as the lack of situational awareness due to viewing the world through a screen is minimized by a small minimap and icons that indicate where your friends are.

sometimes the shooting feels real bad though. last night i was in the circle hiding behind a tree and there were only 4 other dudes left. i see one of em running out of the death field toward me. once he was about 30 meters away, i peek out and put 5 rounds center mass with an ak. he returns fire and instantly headshots me. that kind of poo poo really pisses me off and happens a bit too much

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

My factory in factorio is operating nominally with the exception of steel production. I have moved steel production offsite but its a horrible unproductive mess.

Yeah balancing changes have made steel needs go way up in .15. My in-line design of ore delivery->smelters->bus no longer works even with express belting. I'm going to move green circuit production to its own new factory and restart smelting a chunk off to the side. Raw materials aren't my problem so much as getting them where they need to go fast enough- late game really has me thinking about optimization.

Giving this a shot later:

EBB fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 1, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

As someone looking at it from the outside, what is the point of Factorio besides autism? Or is that its main draw?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Factorio is just relaxing. Turn on some music, approach a problem or two in my factory, and just chill. It's the same zen I get from programming at work but I get visual feedback.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Factorio is just relaxing. Turn on some music, approach a problem or two in my factory, and just chill. It's the same zen I get from programming at work but I get visual feedback.

ive gotten to that level in civ v

im really trying to work on my venice opening game strategy. only having one city but being able to hit +400 gold/turn before christ is born is my goal.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yeah balancing changes have made steel needs go way up in .15. My in-line design of ore delivery->smelters->bus no longer works even with express belting. I'm going to move green circuit production to its own new factory and restart smelting a chunk off to the side. Raw materials aren't my problem so much as getting them where they need to go fast enough- late game really has me thinking about optimization.

Giving this a shot later:

I am going to star producing modules soon, but for now I think I will change my steel production outpost to this:

Then after I make a couple more steam generating outposts and start nuclear power I will module the poo poo out of everything. I will only use solar power once I "Win" the game and get the chevos for only using steam engines and not using lasers.

orange juche posted:

As someone looking at it from the outside, what is the point of Factorio besides autism? Or is that its main draw?

infinite recursive loop of building stuff because you need to build stuff because you need to build more stuff. plus what EBB said.

gently caress I even talked to my therapist about how loving obsessive I get about this game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i get it. and it's really cool that it exists for people who are into it.

But i'd never play it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I've been churning out solar panels and accumulators since they were unlocked. Any time I'm short on power I just drop a few blueprints and the problem goes away.

The factorio thread points out that this design is outdated in .15 since substations have a larger effective footprint, but I think the ratio is still the same.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

not gonna lie

i squinted real hard at that to see if it was a swastika

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

not gonna lie

i squinted real hard at that to see if it was a swastika

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kytaUho4iPw

:hitler::hf::godwinning:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 1, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

exactly

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I've been churning out solar panels and accumulators since they were unlocked. Any time I'm short on power I just drop a few blueprints and the problem goes away.

The factorio thread points out that this design is outdated in .15 since substations have a larger effective footprint, but I think the ratio is still the same.

I don't need this hippie trash on my game thank you

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

I don't need this hippie trash on my game thank you

I'm not the guy having brownouts from lack of fuel :shrug:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzH1iaKVsBM

is this propoganda or is it art

discuss

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

They need to update it for current events tbh

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its an incredible production for RKO-era disney

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So many games of Stellaris and I never 'won' till yesterday.

The game also has elbow sex.

And can still be quite amusing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i should try and get into stellaris again

i played a couple games after it launched and forgot about it

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I'm not the guy having brownouts from lack of fuel :shrug:

That's why I am also not using lasers on this game I have so much oil that I can conceivably make rocket fuel and burn that poo poo in my boilers. Also I am planning on eventually switching to nuclear power.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

The game also has elbow sex.

Oh, Rocky!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

RICKY!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i should try and get into stellaris

Downloaded and forgot about it

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

ElMaligno posted:

That's why I am also not using lasers on this game I have so much oil that I can conceivably make rocket fuel and burn that poo poo in my boilers. Also I am planning on eventually switching to nuclear power.
Accumulators, dude. Put some into a solar panel / substation blueprint and never worry about power again. I usually throw down a huge blob of accumulators on their own just to act as an extra buffer for the occasional extra-heavy laser usage.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Naked Bear posted:

Accumulators, dude. Put some into a solar panel / substation blueprint and never worry about power again. I usually throw down a huge blob of accumulators on their own just to act as an extra buffer for the occasional extra-heavy laser usage.

Get out of here you filthy hippie.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I fry bugs by harnessing the nuclear power of the sun. Get on my level. :colbert:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

hot depleted uranium slugs, mines and purifying flames made from the blood of earth shall purify my game from the alien infestation.

joking aside im just doing this to challenge myself and for the cheevos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Starting to solve my plate problem